New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Since my fantasy is knowing I can beat people specifically without having to ask for help, I don't see how that's possible.
    That's the thing: you still can. There is just another option if you want an even greater edge. Nothing about Rift Herald says you HAVE to gank and, in fact, in many games it's completely ignored.

I also have to wonder how much the pure isolationist (which I would say that fantasy is, if it denies jungler ganks of any sort) should be catered to in a objective-oriented team game, but I feel that's a more complicated topic. While your fantasy is, for example, best served in a 1v1...it feels like even Top lane doesn't fit that (and, in my view, probably shouldn't). Would be interested to do a survey of some sort and find out how many players (Jungle / Mid / Top) share a similar viewpoint about "interference" from teammates. Might be much more common than I'd think, in which case it might need to be addressed gameplay-wise.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2016-12-09 at 03:48 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    So, as a top-lane duelist, did you prefer the match-up BEFORE Rift Herald existed? Because honestly I haven't seen it used much at all, even in duel-heavy top lanes. Curious to see your side of this.
    From my own experience, a year or so ago it was not uncommon to never see another player beyond my lane opponent until whenever we decided to group up. More likely 1 gank. Once every couple of games you get camped, nothing you can do about that.

Just going off my last 6 games (when I started counting) I was ganked, or forced to cower under my tower because the enemy jungler was sitting in my bush an average of 6 times. My jungler or mid came to my lane without me asking an average of 4 times.

I just want all of them to bugger off.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2016-12-09 at 03:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363

From my own experience, a year or so ago it was not uncommon to never see another player beyond my lane opponent until whenever we decided to group up. More likely 1 gank. Once every couple of games you go camped, nothing you can do about that.

Just going off my last 6 games (when I started counting) I was ganked, or forced to cower under my tower because the enemy jungler was sitting in my bush an average of 6 times. My jungler or mid came to my lane without me asking an average of 4 times.

I just want all of them to bugger off.
    How many of those times was Rift Herald taken, out of curiosity? I've also been seeing a lot more ganks top, but I'd personally attribute that to more and more players understanding how ganks or early towers can influence the game, since I STILL see Herald taken only very rarely.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2016-12-09 at 03:55 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

How many of those times was Rift Herald taken, out of curiosity? I've also been seeing a lot more ganks top, but I'd personally attribute that to more and more players understanding how ganks can influence the game.
    3 of the 6. But I think you may be right because that number does seem high.

So I think instead of blaiming Herald. It may be one of those situations like Halo where I just find the game more fun to play before people started learning how to play optimally. Halo was so much crazy fun when everyone was running around with assault rifles and shotguns. Then people learn sniping spots and how to actually get consistent headshots and suddenly the entire game becomes a bore.

5. - Top - End - #365

3 of the 6. But I think you may be right because that number does seem high.

So I think instead of blaiming Herald. It may be one of those situations like Halo where I just find the game more fun to play before people started learning how to play optimally. Halo was so much crazy fun when everyone was running around with assault rifles and shotguns. Then people learn sniping spots and how to actually get consistent headshots and suddenly the entire game becomes a bore.
    This seems likely, although there are probably a ton of other factors at play as well. The pro scene's rapid and frequent use of roaming and forming into deathballs and sometimes all but ignoring the laning phase is definitely a huge contributor though, imho.

But heck -- I fondly remember the Pre-Season 1 days of Marksman mid / "Who the Hell Knows?" bot. Back when you'd have things like Blitz/Xin vs. Garen/Annie bot because no one new better. There was a lot of large-scale experimenting going on, whereas a lot of what we see now is variations on known effective strategies.

Whether or not the modern game is boring definitely depends on your view. Personally I love it (I have to think more about my macro-scale positioning at more points in time), but each to their own.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

This seems likely, although there are probably a ton of other factors at play as well. The pro scene's rapid and frequent use of roaming and forming into deathballs and sometimes all but ignoring the laning phase is definitely a huge contributor though, imho.

But heck -- I fondly remember the Pre-Season 1 days of Marksman mid / "Who the Hell Knows?" bot. Back when you'd have things like Blitz/Xin vs. Garen/Annie bot because no one new better. There was a lot of large-scale experimenting going on, whereas a lot of what we see now is variations on known effective strategies.

Whether or not the modern game is boring definitely depends on your view. Personally I love it (I have to think more about my macro-scale positioning at more points in time), but each to their own.
    you see the thing is. I do enjoy reading the map and trying to figure out the best positioning and where and how to take advantage. But I like doing that after I spent the first part of the game beating my opponent. Theyre too fun sections but to me they're separate and I like to enjoy my fill of one. Then go on to the other.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

So I didn't realize that the two NEW ranked queues (SR Flex and Treeline Flex) would BOTH reset with the new season, instead of carrying over. Even though they weren't even introduced until a month ago.

Given that placements have dropped me 6+ divisions this time around (despite winning my first 5 games and going 7-3 overall), and I actually bothered to climb in Flex Queue to prepare for the new season, I'm very upset about this.

Riot why the ****.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-12-09 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

So random hilarious note. Right now I'm at the Army-Navy football game. Navy's main full back is named Chris Swain.

So every few plays they announce 'Swain carries'
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-12-10 at 06:32 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, pro play has a huge influence on how people play, especially when queuing alone or in small groups. Everyone needs some kind of common understanding to have effective teamwork and you can't build it all from scratch in when your teammates are different every game.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

I've come to the realization that "the day sandbox mode comes out" and "the day I finally actually become a Riven main" are probably just the same day.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-12-12 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Thats actually most likely the thing im missing the most myself. The days where everything wasnt cut in stone, were you could experiement with things without being called a troll, and where there were not always either supports or junglers.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

So my friends account is banned again. Apparently he isn't the original owner of the account that he's been playing with me on for the last 4 years.

This is the second time this has happened. He changed his password (after spending almost a month to get it back the first time), and had his computer virus scanned. So he is pretty upset. Why does this keep happening?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Bugbear in the Playground

What is he doing that other people are not? Considering this isn't a large-scale, widespread problem, obviously he is doing something (or not doing something) that most people don't (or do) do.

Reusing passwords? Using similar logins on sketchy sites? Buying Elo boosts for his account? Sharing accounts with others? Compromised email allowing a password reset and thus compromised account, leading to one of the above?

Also, not every virus scanner is infallible. Sure, it'll catch the obvious, easy stuff, but an anti-malware program is fundamentally limited to playing catch-up in most cases.
    Last edited by thracian; 2016-12-12 at 06:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    What is he doing that other people are not? Considering this isn't a large-scale, widespread problem, obviously he is doing something (or not doing something) that most people don't (or do) do.

Reusing passwords? Using similar logins on sketchy sites? Buying Elo boosts for his account? Sharing accounts with others? Compromised email allowing a password reset and thus compromised account, leading to one of the above?

Also, not every virus scanner is infallible. Sure, it'll catch the obvious, easy stuff, but an anti-malware program is fundamentally limited to playing catch-up in most cases.
    No idea,

He was before, but we changed that once we got the password back. I don't think so. Maybe a compromised email, we just switched it today. He doesn't buy Elo boosts, and he doesn't share his account with anyone.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    No idea,

He was before, but we changed that once we got the password back. I don't think so. Maybe a compromised email, we just switched it today. He doesn't buy Elo boosts, and he doesn't share his account with anyone.
    Just to be clear, he also did actually create the account and level it from 1 to its current state, correct? If so, it may be a good time for a reminder about strong unique passwords.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Just to be clear, he also did actually create the account and level it from 1 to its current state, correct? If so, it may be a good time for a reminder about strong unique passwords.
    Yes. We got it fixed again, (which is nice because last time it too almost a month to do), and he's changed his email, so hopefully that was what was compromised.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. We got it fixed again, (which is nice because last time it too almost a month to do), and he's changed his email, so hopefully that was what was compromised.
    Did he check his history on op.gg for before he got banned to see if there were games he didn't remember playing?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Did he check his history on op.gg for before he got banned to see if there were games he didn't remember playing?
    He did. No unusual games or anything like that. No mysterious gifts given to strangers, no games played, nothing.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

He did. No unusual games or anything like that. No mysterious gifts given to strangers, no games played, nothing.
    Did he ever give his login to somebody else in a different geographical location? Logging in from 2 massively different locations (like Pennsylvania and Arizona, for instance) in a short time is one of the big things that trips alarms on all kinds of accounts.

Even if he did it himself frequently logging in from different geographical locations is something that can trigger flags.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-12-13 at 09:07 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Did he ever give his login to somebody else in a different geographical location? Logging in from 2 massively different locations (like Pennsylvania and Arizona, for instance) in a short time is one of the big things that trips alarms on all kinds of accounts.

Even if he did it himself frequently logging in from different geographical locations is something that can trigger flags.
    Nope. He hasn't even played League on anything but his home computer in over two years.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope. He hasn't even played League on anything but his home computer in over two years.
    No kind of program he runs that generates different IPs each online session?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

I can't think of any, though I'll admit I'm not privy to 100% of his computer's usage.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

My guess at what it might be is his ISP might reset his ip a lot. Does he have problems with his internet?

24. - Top - End - #384

BlueKnightGuy

The "Season in Review" thing is pretty cool, if statistically insignificant in places.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    The "Season in Review" thing is pretty cool, if statistically insignificant in places.
    I find it hilarious, personally. Sure I only played like 2 ranked games, but hey I apparently get more assists per game than Faker or Berj .
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

26. - Top - End - #386

BlueKnightGuy

Snowdown is here.

TL; DR: New skins (obviously), new merch (plush Poro King!), Winter Rift, revamped Poro King mode, themed hextech chests with candy that can craft icons (I think that's all the candy's used for?).
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    My guess at what it might be is his ISP might reset his ip a lot. Does he have problems with his internet?
    What IP ranges belong to which providers (and thus which rough geographical area) is public information. Changing IPs repeatedly within a network shouldn't set off any minimally competent sharing-detection system.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    Mine is kind of interesting and funny.

https://review2016.na.leagueoflegend...01qa3pmRTVCTVE

Allegedly I synergize with Brand Mid AND Brand Support. I don't think I can remember the last time I saw either of them.

Also really wondering how it picked 'best game'. That was a good one but I know that I've had much better games on other champions. Unless it means that was the highest mastery point game.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-12-14 at 10:03 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

[Year in Review]
    Cool!
    Does anybody know if/where/when it will come out on EUW?
    So far I just can't find it or it says ''this page is not supported by your region.''
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #390

According to the year in review thing, you really shouldn't pick Trynd into me. Apparently I've managed a 100% win rate against him.