New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Me two weeks ago: "Man I'm probably not going to use these 6 gemstones, I'm just going to get some chests for fun."

I regret everything.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JHShadon View Post
    Me two weeks ago: "Man I'm probably not going to use these 6 gemstones, I'm just going to get some chests for fun."
    I have one. :(

On the plus side, that is something I would actually want.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2017-03-23 at 04:27 PM.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

3. - Top - End - #813

Riot seems to have an issue with putting First/Second cast in tooltips when they mean Press/Release.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: C9 vs. DIG Game 1 Champion Select
    Show
    rest in pieces LOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Firbolg in the Playground

So the new client is weird. Where the hell is the button to start a game?

Edit: Never mind, didn't realize it was patching with the launcher open.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2017-03-25 at 08:00 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    So the new client is weird. Where the hell is the button to start a game?

Edit: Never mind, didn't realize it was patching with the launcher open.
    Yeah, it shifts patching to the background so you can log in, read newsposts, chat, etc. while you wait. It's the little things, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

You may have seen it before but...

League of Legends, except it's Ducktales.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Yeah, it shifts patching to the background so you can log in, read newsposts, chat, etc. while you wait. It's the little things, I guess?
    Being able to look up the current patch notes directly inside the new client is legitimately my favorite feature.

9. - Top - End - #819

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    You may have seen it before but...

League of Legends, except it's Ducktales.
    I am sad that I have not seen this in the two years it's existed. :(

Thanks for linking!

Also, new launcher having patch notes is really good.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Will you ever make a League of Legends movie? Or maybe long cinematic episodes?

We dream of films set in League’s universe and seeing our favorite champions come to life in movie theaters, but the track record on video game movies is a humbling lesson. For the most part, they aren’t great. And while the geek in us would love to rush into moviemaking, it’s definitely not something we should rush into.

That’s not to say that we aren’t exploring. Cinematic storytelling just requires different muscles than storytelling for games, so we’re working on building those muscles and learning as we go. We have a ton of talented folks actively experimenting with different storytelling formats, and it’s definitely a hope that someday we’ll see the fruits of that experimentation on the big screen (or the small screen, or wherever it makes the most sense). We’re also looking at ways to better share all of the stories we’ve already told and will continue to tell, like with the newly-launched Universe.
    If they were to make a League movie, I would hope that it would follow the lead by Marvel - a single-character story with less-than-a-handful of other cameos. It cannot be a grand sweeping world - If they try to go the Warcraft, Green Lantern, or X-Men route, it will 100% certainly fail.

Of the stories and occasionally terrible Lore of League, who do you think would be the first movie to breach out?

I could certainly see the
    Azir/Xerath ascension storyline turned into a feature film. It would fall in that Mummy-franchise feel.
    Yasuo's story could fall in a western-style film, either following the storyline and helping Taliah reach her potential, or a retcon'd clone copy of the Logan movie with Riven as X-23.
    The little bit of Ekko's lore that we know could be spun into something really cool - Either shown as a quicksilver-style high-budget movie, or even a Memento meets Slaughterhouse Five film that focuses on the "Shattered Time" aspect. Annie could have an younger version of a Carrie-style origin. A Vi/Caitlyn Buddy-cop film, especially if they're hunting a Dark-Knight-Joker-Style Jinx

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    If they were to make a League movie, I would hope that it would follow the lead by Marvel - a single-character story with less-than-a-handful of other cameos. It cannot be a grand sweeping world - If they try to go the Warcraft, Green Lantern, or X-Men route, it will 100% certainly fail.

Of the stories and occasionally terrible Lore of League, who do you think would be the first movie to breach out?

I could certainly see the
    Azir/Xerath ascension storyline turned into a feature film. It would fall in that Mummy-franchise feel.
    Yasuo's story could fall in a western-style film, either following the storyline and helping Taliah reach her potential, or a retcon'd clone copy of the Logan movie with Riven as X-23.
    The little bit of Ekko's lore that we know could be spun into something really cool - Either shown as a quicksilver-style high-budget movie, or even a Memento meets Slaughterhouse Five film that focuses on the "Shattered Time" aspect. Annie could have an younger version of a Carrie-style origin. A Vi/Caitlyn Buddy-cop film, especially if they're hunting a Dark-Knight-Joker-Style Jinx
    I'd argue that a League movie would much more benefit from a style like Sin City - several episodic adventures featuring different characters that tie into a larger narrative.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-03-31 at 05:37 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'd argue that a League movie would much more benefit from a style like Sin City - several episodic adventures featuring different characters that tie into a larger narrative.
    Haven't seen the movie in ages, but what larger narrative was there in the movie? I recall it being three completely unrelated stories.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    Haven't seen the movie in ages, but what larger narrative was there in the movie? I recall it being three completely unrelated stories.
    The major theme that all of them revolve around is the corruption of Sin City and how its various elements are involved with it - either fighting it, perpetuating it, or just trying to survive.

Then all but Dwight's story revolve around the Roark family and their impact.

I think a similar narrative could succeed with League, you could set the backdrop of a war between Demacia and Noxus, and switch between various characters and their viewpoints/stories as the war goes on.

Like, in my head I see something like you start out with somebody like Lux on some variety of personal quest/exploration, and in the course of her story she interacts Garen, and then Lux's actions or what she witnesses culminates in the start of the war.

Then you time skip a little and cut to Garen on the front lines of the war, and at some point he encounters Katarina on the front lines.

You could either replay the same events from Katarina's POV, or continue the story forward (or have a flash back to the start of the war from Noxus).

Then maybe you cut to Jarvan for the final conclusion.

Somewhere in the course of that you could take a break from the war and do a Fortune/Gangplank story and kind of tie in how the war is affecting smuggling/piracy.

I mean its a rough outline but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-03-31 at 08:24 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

OK, in the Promotion Series, if I am understanding the bracket correctly, this means that

Spoiler: Promotion Tournament
    Show
    Whoever wins between Liquid and GCU tomorrow has an LCS spot, and the loser plays the winner of the NV/eUnited game for the last LCS spot.

With GCU's roster, I'm not really surprised that they beat NV, the bulk of their team is made up of players that have been in the LCS before, but I'd be surprised if they could beat Liquid right now.

I do think that this is going to finish with Liquid and GCU taking the 2 slots, though.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

I would say that a league movie is not viable. Every fan plays perhaps a handful of different champions, and a lot of them are not really going to be interested if none of those are included in a meaningful way. And thats simply not possible.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I would say that a league movie is not viable. Every fan plays perhaps a handful of different champions, and a lot of them are not really going to be interested if none of those are included in a meaningful way. And thats simply not possible.
    I wouldn't say it's completely non viable, but it would have to be designed to draw the attention of non-fans.

But it would be an uphill struggle, because frankly the world of LoL is kind of a nonsensical mess. Trying to present it in a way that the old fans would still want to watch while initiating non fans into the world in a way that makes sense and is engaging to a viewer with no understanding of what is going on.

17. - Top - End - #827

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    But it would be an uphill struggle, because frankly the world of LoL is kind of a nonsensical mess. Trying to present it in a way that the old fans would still want to watch while initiating non fans into the world in a way that makes sense and is engaging to a viewer with no understanding of what is going on.
    I think currently you could do a Freljord, Piltover/Zuan, or Bilgewater story as a series or movie and not run into much of that trouble. Each is contained enough that you could easily tell a story of, say, the two estranged sisters having to unite against the ice witch, or of the power struggles in pirate town, or of the underworld happenings in the seedy belly of what claims to be a magical utopia.

Those themes aren't inherently League oriented (and we've seen stories like those resonate in other movies), but could fit League's world super easily and probably work as movies.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Xayah looks kind of amazing.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

New strange double champion is out. Kit looks interesting.

Their voices are... well you all can make your own judgement. I find them annoying, which is becoming more and more common with this game.

The female has some good lines and some that sound like they come from the worst parts of Tumblr.

The male has that same loud screaming screech Kled has at random points. And sounds like a narcissistic child. Who admittedly sings "Staying Alive" at one point. Which was surprising. I'll give him that.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-04-04 at 04:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

so it occurred to me this afternoon. Swain is totally a Vastaya. Which just puts the Noxian invasion of Ionia in a strange light.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

I like their VO. Xayah has just the right level of snark, and Rakan is a good combination of fun loving and goofy, although I can see how he could get one someone's nerves. The chemistry works well methinks.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    so it occurred to me this afternoon. Swain is totally a Vastaya. Which just puts the Noxian invasion of Ionia in a strange light.
    Is he? Swain just turns into a demon bird through other means, he doesn't necessarily have to be a bird person. Vayne's short story had shamans who could turn into animals. Elise and Cassiopeia are a spider person and a snake person respectively, but that's because of curses, not because they're vastaya. I think Nidalee might be one, since her shapeshifting seems to be an innate power like the pig guy from the journal entry. I don't think Swain is one, though.

Rakan has a lot more serious lines later on in the video, which of course is just a dump of all his voice files in alphabetical order. His attack lines just happen to all be silly and goofy, since he's trying to be distracting. I think he's great.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-04-04 at 11:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #833

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Their voices are... well you all can make your own judgement. I find them annoying, which is becoming more and more common with this game.

The female has some good lines and some that sound like they come from the worst parts of Tumblr.
    I understand exactly what you mean. Their voices don't fit well with the "serious fantasy setting" that Riot is trying to do. I would like them better otherwise.
    DM's Guild Work

24. - Top - End - #834

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    I understand exactly what you mean. Their voices don't fit well with the "serious fantasy setting" that Riot is trying to do. I would like them better otherwise.
    Define "serious fantasy voice."

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

25. - Top - End - #835

Stylistically I love these two champions, and mechanically they're interesting. Xayah's let especially is going to be an immensely repositioning tool.

Their voice overs an 'character' however...

If the goal was to get me to feel anything resembling empathy for their cause, then it failed spectacularly. Though I'm not quite sure the are 100% meant to be 'likable' characters, which means it's a net positive.

Rakan isn't so bad, but I haven't listened to him yet (definitely not what I expected him to sound like, though).

Xayah... she sounds like one of those 16 year old goth kids trying to be super edgy, and that's before counting the fact that she means every word of it (I assume).
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-04-05 at 01:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #836

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Not the words I used, but the Demacian lore update is a good example. Xayah's way more modern than that.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2017-04-05 at 08:01 AM.
    DM's Guild Work

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: There's only one:
    Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

...Huh. Are they going to be required to be played together, or do you just lose a decent chunk of power (certainly more than Kha'Zix or Rengar loses if the enemy team doesn't play along) if you can't find a duo/pubby willing to play the other one?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    ...Huh. Are they going to be required to be played together, or do you just lose a decent chunk of power (certainly more than Kha'Zix or Rengar loses if the enemy team doesn't play along) if you can't find a duo/pubby willing to play the other one?
    Not really. All you lose is a longer dash to one person out of four if you're playing the support, or a 50% boost to an AP Support's auto-attack speed if you're the carry. They're nice bonuses, certainly, but I think Riot was really smart in what those bonuses were. If it ends up making them too weak alone they're also REALLY easy features to simply nerf or cut completely.

A fun chance to experiment with actual champion interactions, basically. I'm in support of it, at least conceptually. We'll see how I feel after it's been live.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

30. - Top - End - #840

BlueKnightGuy

Not really. All you lose is a longer dash to one person out of four if you're playing the support, or a 50% boost to an AP Support's auto-attack speed if you're the carry. They're nice bonuses, certainly, but I think Riot was really smart in what those bonuses were. If it ends up making them too weak alone they're also REALLY easy features to simply nerf or cut completely.

A fun chance to experiment with actual champion interactions, basically. I'm in support of it, at least conceptually. We'll see how I feel after it's been live.
    There's also the recall boost (one can recall and the other can join the channel), but yeah, I think they were pretty conservative on the kit synergies. I can understand why people feel weird about it, but at the same time I'm not sure their kits naturally synergize like, say, Lucian and Braum.
    DM's Guild Work