New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

Yep, that's the problem with humans, Bubbles. Some of them want to talk about feelings instead of engaging in mindless destruction.

And some of them are the reverse...

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I guess Bubbles now talks to Hanners and maybe Dora, and realises that Faye didn't mean anything bad by it, and she might have overreacted a bit.

Faye talkes to Marten, and realises she should have called and asked Bubbles, and won't do it again.

They kiss and make up.

Of course all this will take 5 weeks worth of strips and will be interrupted by more Renee and Brun strips.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    I guess Bubbles now talks to Hanners and maybe Dora, and realises that Faye didn't mean anything bad by it, and she might have overreacted a bit.

Faye talkes to Marten, and realises she should have called and asked Bubbles, and won't do it again.

They kiss and make up.

Of course all this will take 5 weeks worth of strips and will be interrupted by more Renee and Brun strips.
    Marten just said he's not getting involved in this, though Faye could force the issue, I suppose.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I know he did, but if she says she's serious about this, and needs to talk, he will.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Marten's doormat status is pretty well established.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also Marten said he won't give an opinion. Half the time it helps to say these things out loud to realise it for yourself. So all he has to do is listen.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    2) Faye assumed Bubbles would have agreed. This is probably what happened, and it is exactly what Bubbles is upset about. Faye assumes that Bubbles will agree with her decisions, and therefore moves forwards without consulting her.
    Yes, because a mistake made once is inevitably a mistake constantly repeated...

So I guess hanners had to point out the obvious solution to bubbles... But yeah, I get it, hurt feelings are annoying and confusing, apparently even to an AI. I guess punching stuff is a better solution than alcohol..
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yes, because a mistake made once is inevitably a mistake constantly repeated...

So I guess hanners had to point out the obvious solution to bubbles... But yeah, I get it, hurt feelings are annoying and confusing, apparently even to an AI. I guess punching stuff is a better solution than alcohol..
    As long as it's inanimate stuff...

9. - Top - End - #999
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    As long as it's inanimate stuff...
    I think "stuff" is limited to inanimate things by definition.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I must be a pretty terrible person. People keep saying Faye did something wrong here and, while I'd love to jump in seeing as I don't like her, I'm just not seeing what was so bad about going ahead and securing that loan.

I absolutely see this as Bubbles overreacting to nothing. Making mountains out of molehills if you will.

You can try to explain it if you want, but I'll probably still see what she did as perfectly reasonable and fail to "get it".

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    I must be a pretty terrible person. People keep saying Faye did something wrong here and, while I'd love to jump in seeing as I don't like her, I'm just not seeing what was so bad about going ahead and securing that loan.

I absolutely see this as Bubbles overreacting to nothing. Making mountains out of molehills if you will.

You can try to explain it if you want, but I'll probably still see what she did as perfectly reasonable and fail to "get it".
    In a business between equals, both members should formally agree and act as a single entity with any contract they form.

In this case, Faye effectively made arrangelments without Bubbles' input, ignoring the joint aspect of this bussiness.
    Last edited by Mith; 2017-04-13 at 04:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

If Faye's at fault for anything here, it's just jumping in too quickly (and while we're being completely fair, Faye didn't have any idea of how long that space would be open, so what haste she did have was justified). Bubbles is overreacting because she's seeing shades of "We're 'partners', but you have no power in the arrangement", and she'd had her fill of that with Corpse Witch. No one is really at fault here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

I fully agree. Indeed, if I were in a business partnership and my partner failed to secure needed funding with no strings immediately I would be furious.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Colossus in the Playground

Bubbles is over reacting somewhat, but she is also correct. Equal partners, not boss and underling. You dont make a massive financial decision like that about your forthcoming company without talking to your partner. It doesnt matter that she would have said yes, you just dont do it! Its like volunteering someone to do something, say to help someone else move. Yes they probably would have agreed if asked, but they are going to be more than a little miffed when you come home and say, "Oh, btw, I promised that you would help so and so move."

As for no time, I call bull. Faye didnt have to send a letter by pony express cross country, she could have taken a half hour to contact bubbles and say, "Hey, dora is willing to basically let us use her credit to do this, are you ok with that?" Even if they HAD somehow lost out on the space by taking a whole half hour to make sure the two business partners agreed, its not like it would be the only place available in the city.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #1005

I think the most important point is not whether or not if Bubble overreacted, but that Fayes simply dismissed her concern/displeasure out of hand.

You can disagree with someone's opinion, but you shouldnt disregard them out of hand.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Both things happened. In small-group enterprises like this, there's always a balance between consensus and initiative. Faye and Bubbles are mismatched on this continuum due to Faye's inexperience and Bubbles' personal history.

Also, it's not just about a single event: Bubbles raised the same concern previously, and now she feels that Faye did not take it into consideration. Patterns of behavior can add up to substantial issues even if the points making up that pattern aren't individually significant.

Faye acted reasonably, Bubbles acted reasonably, but they still have to address the mismatch, and I expect that they will.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

To talk about something more fun.. I wonder if that daycare also teaches knife classes. Or maybe you can get tattooed by your kid? That seems like the kind of mistake everyone should make once.

Also... I'm a bit put off by that emphasis on Marten's uninvolvement in the clairecut... Yes, it's her hair, thanks a lot for hammering down the obvious?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    To talk about something more fun.. I wonder if that daycare also teaches knife classes. Or maybe you can get tattooed by your kid? That seems like the kind of mistake everyone should make once.

Also... I'm a bit put off by that emphasis on Marten's uninvolvement in the clairecut... Yes, it's her hair, thanks a lot for hammering down the obvious?
    In his last relationship, Dora put up a big fuss about him running even trivial decisions like that past her. I assume hes either consciously or unconsciously rejecting that in this relationship.

Also, what happened to pintsize? Did he run into bubbles?
    Last edited by Keltest; 2017-04-14 at 08:48 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Err, wasn't it the opposite? He got a haircut and Dora got pissed that he HADN'T asked her for permission?

Edit: Ayup: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=857
    Last edited by Morquard; 2017-04-14 at 08:57 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Err, wasn't it the opposite? He got a haircut and Dora got pissed that he HADN'T asked her for permission?

Edit: Ayup: http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=857
    Yes... isn't that what I said?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I guess I understood it as you saying that she made a fuss because he was running every little thing past her.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Back to the Faye and Bubbles starting a robot fixing/ upgrading business business, what is going to be their division of labor? Faye is going to be the mechanic, so what is her obviously and unequivocally equal partner's role in this startup? Advertising? Gofer? Manager? Cashier? Forklift? Eye-candy? Angel Investor? Test dummy?

If I remember right, Bubbles' skills include: tea synesthesia, giving terrifying back rubs, and being a sentient jungle gym. None of which are going to be particularly profitable for a shop. Does she have abilities I've forgotten or we have yet to be shown?
    Last edited by Spojaz; 2017-04-14 at 10:25 AM.
    "The error is to be human"

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Spojaz View Post
    Back to the Faye and Bubbles starting a robot fixing/ upgrading business business, what is going to be their division of labor? Faye is going to be the mechanic, so what is her obviously and unequivocally equal partner's role in this startup? Advertising? Gofer? Manager? Cashier? Forklift? Eye-candy? Angel Investor? Test dummy?

If I remember right, Bubbles' skills include: tea synesthesia, giving terrifying back rubs, and being a sentient jungle gym. None of which are going to be particularly profitable for a shop. Does she have abilities I've forgotten or we have yet to be shown?
    She's also a mechanic, isn't she? I thought she was the mechanic for the ring until Faye was hired.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    She's also a mechanic, isn't she? I thought she was the mechanic for the ring until Faye was hired.
    Yep she is the one who taught faye how to do the work.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Does it seem weird to anyone else that marten provides absolutely nothing to his relationship with Claire other than, like, existing?

I'm not saying that he should have a say in what she does or anything dumb like that, but I wonder what he is...doing for her, I guess. And what she is doing for him? We haven't seen too much from their relationship, but I don't get a sense of mutual respect or anything really between them. Other than them both being, there.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2017-04-14 at 11:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    Does it seem weird to anyone else that marten provides absolutely nothing to his relationship with Claire other than, like, existing?

I'm not saying that he should have a say in what she does or anything dumb like that, but I wonder what he is...doing for her, I guess. And what she is doing for him? We haven't seen too much from their relationship, but I don't get a sense of mutual respect or anything really between them. Other than them both being, there.
    sometimes, that's all a relationship needs. Claire is trans, so having somebody who accepts and supports her with no strings attached is going to be pretty darn appealing.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Healthy, adult relationships aren't funny, so we don't get to see them. They are clearly happy together, which indicates they are both getting what they wanted from the relationship. But since that's not going to churn out the punchlines, it is happening off-page.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

What an odd way of viewing relationships.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Griffon

Marten and Claire's relationship is probably the most realistic one portrayed in the comic. There's a refreshing lack of drama and wacky shenanigans involved in real life when people are just happy being together, and they don't need to 'keep score' on what the other is 'doing' for them, at least until the disparity becomes wildly lop-sided.

It makes for dull fiction compared to Faye's evasiveness and Dora's insecurities, so it doesn't need to be on screen all the time... but what we've seen so far is remarkably healthy, given the history of those involved.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spojaz View Post

As noted, Bubbles is a mechanic at least as skilled as Faye. From her comments she also handed inventory and reordering for Corpse-Witch's business. Faye was manager of the Coffee shop and presumably did much of the paperwork and day to day running. They have the skills and experience to make this work; we'll see if they can.