New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    You say the fire was the bar's final desperate attempt to get free from Brun?
    It was the only way out.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Colossus in the Playground

Im not really sure how any of those links show brun is terrible at being a bartender. The harpoon? This is the QC Universe, even the baristas have broadswords. Demanding an id from the guy sitting at the bar? ITS. A. BAR. THEY. SELL. BEER. Totally reasonable considering yeah he SAYS he is sitting there with no intent to drink, but an hour from now when things get busy you might forget that he never showed id and if he is underage guess who gets in trouble? Had you linked us a comic where she refuses to give booze to paying of age customers, or is constantly spilling drinks all over the place then sure, she would suck at her job.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Im not really sure how any of those links show brun is terrible at being a bartender. The harpoon? This is the QC Universe, even the baristas have broadswords. Demanding an id from the guy sitting at the bar? ITS. A. BAR. THEY. SELL. BEER. Totally reasonable considering yeah he SAYS he is sitting there with no intent to drink, but an hour from now when things get busy you might forget that he never showed id and if he is underage guess who gets in trouble? Had you linked us a comic where she refuses to give booze to paying of age customers, or is constantly spilling drinks all over the place then sure, she would suck at her job.
    I think on the first one Fawkes was commenting more on her trying to force someone to order a drink when all Clinton wanted was water. He shows his ID when she first asks for it. Everything else is her basically saying "NO" to his request for water.

Which may be a bar policy to not serve non-paying customers. I've been to a few like that, where unless you are the DD for a group, they aren't gong to let someone come in and just sit there drinking water.

It's not a friendly policy, and I wouldn't frequent a place that had it, but I can understand the attitude of "If you want something to drink in our place, you pay for it. Here's what you can pay for".

The other three, yeah, nothing to indicate she's bad there. After all, this is a town where people PAID to get insulted by baristas. And based on the description, sounds like an electrical fire when something shorted out.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is a reference to a comic from a little while ago. Maybe someone already raised the point.

Emily goes into Bubbles' mind and kills a dragon-abomination-thingy in a locked room. (There is nothing else in the locked room.)

Bubbles does not get her memories back because they have been irrevocably destroyed.

Her memories were extremely bad and it would be reasonable to personify them as a dragon-abomination-thingy.

So why is it assumed that Corpse Witch destroyed Bubbles' memories (besides the fact that she is Corpse Witch)? It seems much more likely that Emily did, just then.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    This is a reference to a comic from a little while ago. Maybe someone already raised the point.

Emily goes into Bubbles' mind and kills a dragon-abomination-thingy in a locked room. (There is nothing else in the locked room.)

Bubbles does not get her memories back because they have been irrevocably destroyed.

Her memories were extremely bad and it would be reasonable to personify them as a dragon-abomination-thingy.

So why is it assumed that Corpse Witch destroyed Bubbles' memories (besides the fact that she is Corpse Witch)? It seems much more likely that Emily did, just then.
    One, because Corpse Witch said as much. Admittedly, this was coerced, so take it with a grain of salt. However, CW also seemed to believe that she had left a shutdown program in Bubbles in case of an emergency, which failed to activate. The evidence strongly indicates that it what the dragon thing was.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That's... an impressive grip by Elliot.

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    That's... an impressive grip by Elliot.
    Or a surprisingly unimpressive metal hand...

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ettin in the Playground

Or a surprisingly unimpressive metal hand...
    I always assumed a mix of metal and plastics, mostly the latter. You know, like what computers are made of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Aww, look, Clinton and Brun are having such a cute drunken time, and now Elliot and Clinton are gonna be OH MY GOD HIS HAND! That was not what I saw coming...

Also, Clinton looks like he's absolutely gone in the first frame. What kind of beer does that to a person/how many drinks has he had?

Quote Originally Posted by Egneil View Post
    You know what I find interesting? It's that Claire isn't reciprocating the hug, the hug is not comforting her. I'm going to speculate wildly and say that she didn't see how the conversation was effecting Marten...
    Option B: Marty moved faster than she could and hugged her in such a way she couldn't hug him back. I've had that happen to me a couple times before.
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2017-06-28 at 12:26 AM.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

So, would that be a Freudian Grip?

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JBPuffin View Post
    Also, Clinton looks like he's absolutely gone in the first frame. What kind of beer does that to a person/how many drinks has he had?
    Brun does tend to order the evilest beer available.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

See, I'm pretty sure that reaction is in response to Brun calling Elliot back over, the second handshake panel was Clinton attempting to (drunkenly) assert dominance, and the third was Elliot retaliating but not knowing his own strength/the durability of Clinton's metal hand.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Imp

Add The Incredible Elliott to the list of QC characters with confirmed superpowers.

And subtract Bionic Clinton from that list.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Jeph might have to come up with a different panicky response than repeating "Oh geeze" twice. These are twentysomethings for crying out loud, I think swearing is more likely than the other.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Troll in the Playground

Good SAVE, Clinton!

I wonder if the hand has self repair capacities or it will have to go into the shop. Maybe it's not Elliot's fault. If Faye could beat Clinton with it back when he was a Hannah obsessed fanboy, it should be tougher than that.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I guess he a) has a spare at home and b) since he's still one of the first people to have one of those he might have a lifelong repair plan or something. "Get's crushed on a strong handshake" seems like a major flaw they need to work out.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm guessing he's going to end up at the Union Robotics shop.

It seems unlikely that he'd be able to afford to have a spare piece of expensive cybernetic equipment just lying around; and I'm thinking that the repair claim is going to go something like "I'm sorry, but our on-board sensors detected that you had a blood alcohol content in excess of 0.05% at the time of the incident; your claim is voided. Please refer to the warranty terms and conditions for more details. Have a nice day, sir."

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    I'm guessing he's going to end up at the Union Robotics shop.

It seems unlikely that he'd be able to afford to have a spare piece of expensive cybernetic equipment just lying around; and I'm thinking that the repair claim is going to go something like "I'm sorry, but our on-board sensors detected that you had a blood alcohol content in excess of 0.05% at the time of the incident; your claim is voided. Please refer to the warranty terms and conditions for more details. Have a nice day, sir."
    I would hope that Clinton would be more aware of the fact that getting drunk means that he has to live his life with only one hand until he can earn the money to replace it, if that were the case. Hands are kind of important.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I don't think there's a clause like that tbh. Also it wasn't his fault someone squished it, drunk or not. The fact alone that you can squish it that easily, means it's a buggy design.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think there's a clause like that tbh.
    I've seen clauses like that in almost every warranty document for every piece of tech ever purchased. Heck, the ones for consumer electronics are even worse. You practically void warranties if you even sneeze in its presence.

The fact alone that you can squish it that easily, means it's a buggy design.
    No, it just means it used lightweight materials. You do not want to have a hand significantly heavier than the meat one. Not everyone can afford carbon fiber and ceramic stuff - most people with prosthetic hands go for plastic (these days, because you can print your own to your specific size, which is a great advance over the old wooden one-size-fits-none versions)

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2017-06-29 at 11:40 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still kind of amazed how firm that hand shake was... I mean, would he have crushed a normal hand, too?
    Also, kind of interesting there seem to be no pain receptors in that hand. Not illogical, just interesting. And not a big surprise but still glad Clinton didn't get anyone in trouble for that. I guess Union Robotics will fix this... somehow. Can't be harder than another robo hand... right? Assuming it's just the mechanics that got busted.
    I'm definitely curious where these two/three will go.

btw... totally off-topic point...I've come to realize something though it might be more my imagination... It seems to me more than average names in QC start with letters which are rather early in the alphabet. Of course there are exceptions but between Angus, Brun, Bubbles, Claire, Clinton (siblings, so... that might be a reason? But how many parents actually use that in their naming process?), Dale,Dora, Emily, Faye, Hanners... Obviously, there are many with other names but... then again, not sure what the actual distribution of names relative to the alphabet is. Maybe there are just fewer names with letters later in the alphabet?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Also, kind of interesting there seem to be no pain receptors in that hand. Not illogical, just interesting.
    There could be pain receptors with a safety that prevents HO GOD WHY level of pain. Because pain is useful until it starts impairing you.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

btw... totally off-topic point...I've come to realize something though it might be more my imagination... It seems to me more than average names in QC start with letters which are rather early in the alphabet. Of course there are exceptions but between Angus, Brun, Bubbles, Claire, Clinton (siblings, so... that might be a reason? But how many parents actually use that in their naming process?), Dale,Dora, Emily, Faye, Hanners... Obviously, there are many with other names but... then again, not sure what the actual distribution of names relative to the alphabet is. Maybe there are just fewer names with letters later in the alphabet?

US Info. For men, just under 50% have names that start with J or before (first ten letters). First half of the alphabet (A-L) has just over 55%. For women just over 43% have names starting with J or before, and 55% in the first half of the alphabet.

Overall, J is the most common first initial across genders, followed by M, R, D, C, A, S, and L (after that no initial cracks 5%).
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

24. - Top - End - #1374

NecromancerGuy

I really wish the reason he gave was only because Elliot helped him that one time. Or because it was an obvious accident or something.

I've always hated that attitude of not being a snitch. People should snitch way more often. Snitching is good.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Oh yes, I'd forgotten that incident. So has Eliot, obviously. But Clinton didn't.

Still, let's talk about how the hand gets fixed. And how Brun can get a job there.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    I really wish the reason he gave was only because Elliot helped him that one time. Or because it was an obvious accident or something.

I've always hated that attitude of not being a snitch. People should snitch way more often. Snitching is good.
    snitching has a 50/50 chance of creating more problems than it solves. Depending on the circumstances, you could end up with the original conflict unresolved and the other party further unhappy with you because now you've created a conflict between them and some third party.

Now obviously this doesn't apply to like, criminals and such, but for smaller conflicts a "keep it between us" attitude is sometimes the better stance to take.

27. - Top - End - #1377

Imp

Good times to snitch: someone maliciously or negligently did or plans on doing something dangerous causing harm to people.

Bad times to snitch: someone wronged you by accident and is apologetic and wants to make amends.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    US Info. For men, just under 50% have names that start with J or before (first ten letters). First half of the alphabet (A-L) has just over 55%. For women just over 43% have names starting with J or before, and 55% in the first half of the alphabet.

Overall, J is the most common first initial across genders, followed by M, R, D, C, A, S, and L (after that no initial cracks 5%).
    I suspect that the reason comes down to Jeph wanting to pull uncommon/unusual names. The only Sara got eaten by an Allosaurus, and there really aren't many Bobs, Bills, Johns, etc. They're mostly more memorable and uncommon names like Faye, Hannelore, Marigold, Raven, Bubbles...etc. etc.

If he's randomly going through the alphabet thinking up names instead of just pulling from common American names, he's more likely to pull from the front half since he goes through those letters first.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Brun does tend to order the evilest beer available.
    Very true about Brun!

A more real life answer: Craft beer has really taken off in the last decade in the US. An important thing to realize is that a lot of it has a higher ABV than the 4.5% - 5% you were used to with Bud, Coors, etc.

Most of my favorite beers tend to be bourbon barrel aged stouts, and they usually range in the 12-14% by volume. And while most places serve you a smaller pour of a high ABV beer (to avoid liability and to keep the price reasonable per drink), not all do it.

So a pint of 14% beer is almost the equivalent of drinking FOUR 12 oz Buds, Coors, etc. They can easily cause you problems if you aren't used to them.

30. - Top - End - #1380

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    One, because Corpse Witch said as much. Admittedly, this was coerced, so take it with a grain of salt. However, CW also seemed to believe that she had left a shutdown program in Bubbles in case of an emergency, which failed to activate. The evidence strongly indicates that it what the dragon thing was.
    Oh. Right. Yes.