New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Okay so it's not the punchline of the scene, it's just something wacky that she's arbitrarily doing "because drunk". Had she skateboarded over with a pangolin under one arm, I'd have been no more entertained.

So.... Walk over and sit down next to him? Maybe I'm just a kill-joy, or I'm too old to think of drunk people being dumbasses as a for of humour, I can't offer a better explanation for my disinterest in this scene.
    I'm pretty sure Brun is simply there to give Pintsize an excuse to make a joke about anatomy again. no deep mystery if you don't find that the peak of humor.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2017-07-07 at 07:36 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Maybe we ARE heading for a Brun-Elliot-Clinton menage a trois. That would be a first for this comic, wouldn't it?
    For on-screen characters. Tai was polyamorous before she was with Dora, but I don't think we really met any of her girlfriends. I have a vague memory of one showing up for a panel or so after Tai was already out of the relationship, but that's all.

And dammit, forum spellcheck, polyamorous is so a word. It's in the dictionary and everything.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    For on-screen characters. Tai was polyamorous before she was with Dora, but I don't think we really met any of her girlfriends.
    If I remember correctly, she wasn't poly per se, just that she wanted a relationship with the girl at the, uh.... we'll say the center of the cluster.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Okay so it's not the punchline of the scene, it's just something wacky that she's arbitrarily doing "because drunk". Had she skateboarded over with a pangolin under one arm, I'd have been no more entertained.

So.... Walk over and sit down next to him? Maybe I'm just a kill-joy, or I'm too old to think of drunk people being dumbasses as a for of humour, I can't offer a better explanation for my disinterest in this scene.
    As 'haha I'm so *random* that makes me quirky' shenanigans go, sliding on the floor on your back is extremely tame. I think you're overreacting.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    If I remember correctly, she wasn't poly per se, just that she wanted a relationship with the girl at the, uh.... we'll say the center of the cluster.
    Comics 726-728, when Tai is talking about the relationship issues in her dorm. She doesn't do polyamory, but she's in to Bailey, who doesn't do monogamy.

However, she then had a threesome with Serena and Ashley in 768, and decided "threesomes are awesome".

In 815, Tai is seeing Ashley on the downlow, hoping Serena doesn;t find out. It reads as though they ended the threesome arrangement, but didn't tell Serena that they were seeing each other.

1398: She's fine with casual polyamory, but apparently wants to be serious with only one person (which is when she feels she starts messing things up in her opinion).

So she's changed her feelings a few times on the issue.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well it's not the best icebreaker I ever heard, but in this situation it works... :)

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Firbolg in the Playground

Those two are absolutely adorable

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Instant connection via being too big and too strong for your own good.

10. - Top - End - #1420

So what's the general opinion on Bubbles and Elliot? Instant friendship, the start of a romantic relationship, or what?

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think I've ever Shipped The Thing as immediately as I did Elliott/Bubbles.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2017-07-10 at 06:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pintsize has assimilated one into his being.

HE IS NOW...

PINT-TON

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Women extorting money from Clinton is becoming a running theme...

Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    So what's the general opinion on Bubbles and Elliot? Instant friendship, the start of a romantic relationship, or what?
    Friendship, certainly. But given what we have seen of Elliot's romantic interests (Padma, Brun), she's not his type.

And we don't know what hers is.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post

And we don't know what hers is.
    Personally, I'm hoping it's curvy types with a penchant for snark and sarcasm with a hint of muscle and a touch of emotional issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    Personally, I'm hoping it's curvy types with a penchant for snark and sarcasm with a hint of muscle and a touch of emotional issues
    While there's been a fair bit of shipping hints between them (like there was with Claire/Marten), is there any indication in-comic that Faye is bi? I don't recall her ever expressing interest that way. It's the sort of thing I think would have come up when she had those talks with her sister early in the comic.

16. - Top - End - #1426

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I haven't seen any evidence that Faye is open to a sexual relationship with an artificial intelligence that appears to be female. Any shipping on my part has been due to behavior that I view as oddly close for a platonic relationship. I'm an old, hetero, white dude, so I'm not exactly an authority on where that boundary might lie, so I could very well be wrong.

As to an Elliot/Bubbles paring, they certainly seem to have some common interests over which they may bond. I have yet to see Bubbles give any real indication that she gives much thought to being involved in a sexual relationship with anyone. Elliot seems to be innocent in that area but very prone to developing crushes. I could see him quickly take interest in her, but any relationship between them would probably take a whole lot of set up before a realistic payoff.

17. - Top - End - #1427

Quote Originally Posted by Thialfi View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that Faye is open to a sexual relationship with an artificial intelligence that appears to be female. Any shipping on my part has been due to behavior that I view as oddly close for a platonic relationship. I'm an old, hetero, white dude, so I'm not exactly an authority on where that boundary might lie, so I could very well be wrong.
    I very much doubt that Faye and Bubbles will develop a romantic relationship. For one thing, Faye has given no hint of being interested in women; neither has Bubbles. As you point out, she doesn't seem to even think about that kind of relationship.

Then my personal take on this: oddly close? In what way? When two people have a deep bond, platonic or not, that sort of behaviour is perfectly normal. My best friend and I are just like that (so I may be a tad biased, but nonetheless I do know what I'm talking about).

As to an Elliot/Bubbles paring, they certainly seem to have some common interests over which they may bond. I have yet to see Bubbles give any real indication that she gives much thought to being involved in a sexual relationship with anyone. Elliot seems to be innocent in that area but very prone to developing crushes. I could see him quickly take interest in her, but any relationship between them would probably take a whole lot of set up before a realistic payoff.
    Not thinking you'll have feelings for anyone, ever, doesn't mean not having feelings for a special person - but I see your point. I ship Bubbles and Elliot, at least a little bit, but a platonic relationship is probably more likely as Bubbles is an AI and Elliot already has crushes on other people.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

Cat's out of the bag now.

So they try to ignore it and go to sleep.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Good night, elephant in room.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

Not a fan of the art in the last two panels. It looks like he was trying to pull of an anime-style reaction but didn't quite pull it off.

21. - Top - End - #1431

DrowGuy

From the point they entered the bar, ships started sailing like Helena had shown up for a weekend on the beach - it's definitely going to be interesting how this all ends up. My vote's on Clinton/Brun, Elliot/Bubbles.

Also, Hanners has been gone for the past 17 strips - just updating for anyone else who had a random heart attack .
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

Hah, I thought those blushes were more than just social awkwardness! Now to see how Faye responds to this; a proper ship launch require two participants, and it's true we don't have much evidence for Faye being into this.
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

23. - Top - End - #1433

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Is it just me? I really didn't see Bubble comment as anything to be embarrassed about and less an indicator that she has more than friendly feelings for Faye than numerous other actions they have taken in the past.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Firbolg in the Playground

That was adorable, and my hopes have been vindicated.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thialfi View Post
    Is it just me? I really didn't see Bubble comment as anything to be embarrassed about and less an indicator that she has more than friendly feelings for Faye than numerous other actions they have taken in the past.
    I think that the day fact that she's embarrassed about it in the first place suggests her feelings are not entirely platonic.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2017-07-12 at 12:41 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1436

Hah, I thought those blushes were more than just social awkwardness! Now to see how Faye responds to this; a proper ship launch require two participants, and it's true we don't have much evidence for Faye being into this.
    I wouldn't say that. Faye is way more touchy-feely with Bubbles than she is with any of the other characters. Claire noticed, too.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Faye is way more touchy-feely with Bubbles than she is with any of the other characters. Claire noticed, too.
    I didn't say no evidence S.S. Fubbles full steam ahead!

28. - Top - End - #1438

Wow okay . . . way to discredit my previously held opinions . . . might Faye and Bubbles be a possibility now?

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Colossus in the Playground

Well there is always the potential for bubbles being attracted to the one person who was the main force behind her freedom. And faye not feeling the same in return. After all, right now its only been one sided as a more then friends feeling. Bubbles let a bit slip last night and they both retreated from each other after that. Now she is protesting too much. I get the feeling bubbles is attatched to faye because of everything but faye wont feel the same in return. After all, we need some real drama dangit!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

30. - Top - End - #1440

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well there is always the potential for bubbles being attracted to the one person who was the main force behind her freedom. And faye not feeling the same in return. After all, right now its only been one sided as a more then friends feeling. Bubbles let a bit slip last night and they both retreated from each other after that. Now she is protesting too much. I get the feeling bubbles is attatched to faye because of everything but faye wont feel the same in return. After all, we need some real drama dangit!
    It would be nice to have real drama again. I do so much shipping in Fire Emblem these days it'd be nice to have an in-universe debate over who gets to date whom .

And for reasons I don't entirely remember, I had to know when Bubbles got her plant. It's a tremendous responsibility.
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2017-07-13 at 10:28 PM.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show