New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

Spoiler: Astella
    Show
    The first dagger strike catches the man squarely in his chest. Blood streams from the wound and the man staggers, then collapses in a heap upon the grass. He yet lives, though his breathing is shallow and strained.

(Combat is not strictly over yet, but provided you do not do anything too crazy there is no more need to play this turn-by-turn or use Roll20 for mapping.)

Spoiler: Gelećek & Errich
    Show
    Spoiler: Gelećek
    Show
    Upon the arrival of the halfling, the half-elf seemed uninterested in getting his things knocked over again. The human who just left, on the other hand, was no doubt pursuing either the finely-dressed man and his companion or the card player. The human's stance indicated a readiness for combat.

Spoiler: Errich
    Show
    The half-elf clearly does not want Errich knocking over his belongings. The human who just left was definitely in a hurry.

Sinda totals Gelećek's bill to eight silver.

Show
    The streets outside are removed from the bustle of the nearby markets, and as such are empty enough that Gelećek can spot the finely-dressed man and his companion hurrying further down the road. The card player follows thirty feet behind them at a fast pace. There is no doubt that the duo and the card player are aware of one another's presence.
    (Perception check.)

Two human city guards are standing outside a restaurant, leaning on the building and chatting. They give the finely-dressed man and his companion a passing look but do not notice the pursuing card player. The guards wear chain shirts and each has two spears and a shield on their back.

Spoiler: Stran
    Show
    (Intimidation check.) (1d20-1)[4]

Spoiler: Guhzunthite
    Show
    The cat seems non-hostile and curious about the camp. It does not appear to have any ulterior motives. (Nature check.)

The cat makes eye contact with Guhzunthite and meows again. It starts plodding over to where Lothzar is sleeping on the ground.

Spoiler: Theren
    Show
    The fastest way down is certainly to jump off the roof, but the fall is about thirty feet and the landing looks hard. Alternatively, Theren can try to climb back through the window he came from, but that might take too much time. (Perception check.) (1d20+5)[16]

He can check the alley for options, but that would mean potentially exposing himself for those below to see. (This would require a Stealth check to avoid being seen.)

Spoiler: Evodine
    Show
    It is clear that Bredenbent was not convinced of the legality of what Trickstone is doing, but he seems used to not questioning things. He is nonetheless perturbed by this Trickstone character, as if Trickstone is somehow different from all the other legally and ethically gray individuals he has dealt with before.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    "I'm a merchant of sorts, myself, though I haven't had quite the luck of Lord....erm..of Joris here. I trade in herbs and spices. I'm heading back out from the capital to replenesh now."
    (Deception check.) (1d20+3)[15]
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-10-29 at 12:22 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

Combat may be over but time was still pressing. She had about thirty seconds before the first man awoke, and she needed to spend it well. She gave no more regard to the crazed dagger-wielder for now, if he lived till she could attend to his wounds all the better, but the one who was still a threat came first, as did the dying youth. She rushed to his side and took his sword and crossbow from his sleeping form. She did not stop there to tie him up or search for other weapons, instead she moved to the injured child and attempted to check for signs of life keeping a wary eye on the sleeper.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    I guess that last would be Medicine (or in Astella's case Wisdom). (1d20)[10]. If it'd be Int add +1. If I don't need to roll ignore the roll.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The lizardfolk go to the kitten, try to grab it... He stay alert of his surrounding as he does, finding the situation a bit surreal. He have his bow in one had however, just in case.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-10-29 at 12:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Gelećek

-----
    Perception check: (d20+1)[13]
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Gelećek does not see the human man who came from the second floor of The Barley and the Brew.

Show
    The shabby man stands, looks at Stran defiantly, picks up his knife, and says, "Get out of my yard."

Show
    (Sure, we'll use the OOC Intelligence roll for the Nature check.)

As far as Guhzunthite can tell, the cat is behaving like a cat. It seems unusually comfortable with humanoids, though two factors can explain this. The first, the cat lives near a trade route, meaning it interacts with humanoids regularly, many of whom likely feed it. The second, the cat was formerly domestic and was later turned to the wilderness, though Guhzunthite suspects, judging by the cat's coat and gait, that it was a wild cat through and through.

Guhzunthite can attempt to approach the cat calmly. (Animal Handling check.)

Or he can dash and try to nab the cat. (Dexterity check.)

Show
    Theren spots a wide copper pipe on the building's exterior running all the way from the top of the third floor to ground level. He can try to climb down it (Athletics check), which would be the safe and slow option, or he can try to slide down it (Acrobatics check), which would be the risky but fast option. Either way, the pipe faces the busy street, so descending without attracting further attention would be difficult. (Stealth check with disadvantage.)

Show
    "I'm a merchant of sorts, myself, though I haven't had quite the luck of Lord....erm..of Joris here. I trade in herbs and spices. I'm heading back out from the capital to replenesh now."
    "Indeed?" says Bredenbent. "I don't suppose you're passing through Borden, are you? If you're on horseback, we should travel together. The roads aren't particularly bad, but an extra pair of eyes is always useful."

Show
    Fortunately, it seems that during the fight the injured boy stabilized. His wounds are deep and significant, consisting of numerous dagger-like lacerations, but blood has stopped flowing and he is still breathing, if unconscious.

It occurs to Astella that the boy's face looks a lot like a younger version of the maniac man's face. She suspects the boy is a close relative, perhaps the man's son.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

"Just great, did I kill the boys father who was only trying to protect him from the other man? If so why'd he still attack me when I put the other man to sleep?" She wonders, moving over to the crazed acting man, and one eye still glancing at the man soon to wake from ensorcelled sleep, attempted to make sure he too would survive this day. Hopefully she had gotten all of the sleeping man's weapons and he didn't have more squirreled away somewhere.

Show
    Medicine (1d20)[1]

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Evodine Sildacin, Initiate of the Order of the Griffon

"I would enjoy the company, sir. Countess is great to talk to, though she doesn't talk back much. As long as you don't mind an occasional quick stop if I see an herb to add to my supply."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Stran pulls his Battleaxe from his waist and grips it tight with both hands, "You really think a man like me is gonna back away from someone who has something he wants because of a puny knife? No more chances big guy." Stran steps forward and strikes at the man.

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    I'm unsure if you want initiative or not in case this would be some sort of surprise round, but here it is just in case. Initiative (1d20+3)[11]. And now for the Attack (1d20+3)[15] and the possible Damage [roll]1d10+1[roll]. If it at any point in this combat he were to hit 0 hp, I would like the damage to be nonlethal.
    I walk away from the corpse...eyelids fluttering in the wind.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Theren
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Acrobatics:(d20+5)[8]

Stealth:(d20+5)[9]

Disadvantage:(d20+5)[7]

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Guhzunthite was about to go to the cat but change his mind. Since the cat is no threat and seem friendly enough toward humans and sentinent creature, he look at it with a smile but doesnt do anything. He follow his duties, keep looking around. But everytime his eyes fall on the cat, his looks become a bit softer. He felt a bit envious of his lizardfolk companion...

Spoiler: Why I didnt roll
    Show
    I wont roll for that. He wont get distracted from hsi duties. Im also curious of why teh cat approach his lizardfolk friend. Im guessing its because he is a druid lol

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Astella fails completely to help the unconscious man in any way.

Show
    "I would enjoy the company, sir. Countess is great to talk to, though she doesn't talk back much. As long as you don't mind an occasional quick stop if I see an herb to add to my supply."
    "Excellent," says Bredenbent. "I shall be up early tomorrow, though I am willing to delay 'till noon. If you don't mind, I'd like to tell you what path I have in mind." He describes the route the intends to take. Evodine notes that while it is not a bad route by any means, it is actually slower than Evodine's route by a day's ride.

After supper, Joris retires to his bedroom and the maids begin cleaning the table. Bredenbent says he wishes to explore Lahn a bit and leaves the manor. The children take supper's leftover scraps and run to a pond behind the house to play with fishes.

Neresinde invites Evodine to play chess with her in the library.

Show
    The shabby man, seeing Stran go for his battleaxe, yelps and dashes for a neighbor's house. As he runs he screams, "Help, help, bandit!" When he reaches his neighbor's door he starts pounding.

(It is now Stran's turn. Go to the Roll20 map.)

Show
    Theren attempts to slide down the pipe. He makes it a third of the way before he slips and falls (for (2d6)[7] bludgeoning damage).

Show
    The cat curls up by Lothzar, apparently intending to sleep. Its plans are interrupted when Lothzar awakens suddenly and jumps to his feet. The cat meows in alarm and bounds away into the dark of the forest.

"Ah," says Lothzar with a laugh, "would this count as a failure of your duty as watch?"

He returns to sleep and the next hour passes uneventfully for Guhzunthite.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Theren hits the ground, hard.

The people on the street are now looking at him, whispering among themselves. No one approaches and everyone keeps their distance.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Theren
    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    if he can, gets out of there while trying to look like nothing is amiss.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

She sighs, still trying to staunch the bloodloss, and still glancing nervously at the sleeper. She wants answers as to what was happening here, and when someone wakes up, she intends to make sure that one of them is going to give her some.

Show
    Medicine: (1d20)[4]

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Show
    The cat curls up by Lothzar, apparently intending to sleep. Its plans are interrupted when Lothzar awakens suddenly and jumps to his feet. The cat meows in alarm and bounds away into the dark of the forest.

"Ah," says Lothzar with a laugh, "would this count as a failure of your duty as watch?"

He returns to sleep and the next hour passes uneventfully for Guhzunthite.
    " No, I saw it but found it too cute and harmless to act upon," he say with a smile, as he look at where the cat have disappear. Being on the road meant no stability in having a pet. He wish sometimes he could have a familiar like the wizards, one he can hide on himself. He doesnt hide in his voice or in his eyes how disappointed he is seeing the cat leaving. He give a long sigh and return to duty soon after however. Once its time, he go wake up the next person in line to guard and goes to his tent after. He makes sure their is no nasty bugs in it before relaxing too. He left his weapon close though and put this head the furthest away from the tent entrance. His feet were at the tent entrance.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-10-29 at 05:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Evodine agrees to Bredenbent's timeline. One day won't matter one way or the other...especially if her travelling companion is meeting up with Trickstone. To Neresinde she replies, "I would enjoy the game, though I fear I won't be much of a challenge if you have any skill yourself."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    It is a bit too late to act like nothing is wrong.

Five guards appear around the corner just down the street. People approach the guards and point at Theren, saying something. The guards begin rapidly advancing on Theren's position.

Theren estimates there is eighty feet between him and the lead guard. If Theren intends to run, there are three possible escape paths. The first is down a street at an oblique angle relative to the guards' location. There is unfortunately a crowd in this direction, which Theren will have to push or dodge through. The second is in the exact opposite direction of where the guards are. This path is filled with carts and stalls which will slow Theren down unless he is agile enough. The third, though uncertain, is the alley Theren saw the guard with the globe go into. If the alley has an exit on the other side, it could well be an escape path.

Show
    The manic man's condition appears to grow worse. The sleeping man behind Astella begins to stir; she estimates he will be awake in about twelve seconds.

Show
    The manor's library is large, housing many books on its dusty shelves. Two large windows gaze out over the nighttime village and the cloudy skies above. There is a study table with a chessboard set on it. The crackling fireplace gives the room a low but comfortable light.

Playing chess requires calculation and pattern recognition. (Intelligence check.)

While Evodine and Neresinde play chess, the latter talks in Elvish about her home in the forests of Vath-Viela. She has childhood memories from there, memories of its magnificent halls and towering trees, and its sweet honey bread and clear spring waters. She recalls her parents, stern and proud. She recalls painting with her peers on forest canopy walkways high above ground level. She recalls the cool northeastern breeze she felt standing atop Vath-Viela's tallest tower. She recalls the beautiful and powerful golden magic wrought by their matriarch, how it shaped the trees and changed the winds. (History check.)

It all seems very distant.

"And then the mercenaries came," she says, still in Elvish. "They took me and my sisters. Not even the matriarch could rescue us." Anger flashes across her face and she switches to Common. "Mercenaries of the Green Arrow! They made us slaves, and only I survived the ordeal."

She pauses, and says in Elvish, "Trayvara, perhaps this is a bit much to ask a stranger, but the mercenaries must be brought to justice. I cannot ask Joris this. He is dear to me but he cannot get it done." She falls silent and closes her eyes. "No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't. Please forget I said anything." She opens her eyes and looks directly at Evodine. "I was ungracious as a host to request that you perform such an undertaking, especially over a game. I apologize."

Show
    Guhzunthite awakens Esther, who wordlessly climbs off her hammock and begins her watch sitting atop the crates on the cart. She looks to be deep in thought.

Guhzunthite falls asleep. He sleeps through the night uninterrupted.

(I will pause your game for a moment here until some time has passed for other players' stories.)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

She sighs, and tries one last time to save the manic man, before rising, and turning towards the other man, raising her crossbow to point at him. When he wakes she will say, "I have your weapons, and I took care of your friend, so tell me what's going on here quickly, my finger is beginning to itch."

Show
    Medicine: (1d20)[16]

Intimidate (1d20+3)[9] Dis/Advantage die if needed (1d20+3)[16]

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show
    Int: (d20+2)[22]
    History: (d20+4)[18]

Evodine is silent while she listens to the other woman's request. "A band of mercenaries, milday? I...I'm afraid it's much more than I can do anything about. Truly, I have a sword and a knife, but they are mostly for show. Is there not a constable about, or certainly a woman of your means could hire someone to take care of them?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Theren It seems fate demands it.
    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    runs for the alley.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

21. - Top - End - #171

Stran curses, putting his axe back on his person and turning tail from the combat. Sure, dishing out a beating was always fun, but there comes a time where slapping the dirty fish monger about a few times isn't worth it. He had other things to this day, just gonna be a little harder.

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Stran is going to book it and just head down to the harbor in the Eimsbek district, first trying to see if the Red Jailer has come into the port yet. Stealth check to make sure the Fishmonger doesn't get any guards after me (1d20+5)[11]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Astella finally managed to stanch the manic man's bleeding, stabilizing him. His breathing returned to normal, though he was still unconscious.

The other man wakes to a faceful of crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    "I have your weapons, and I took care of your friend, so tell me what's going on here quickly, my finger is beginning to itch."
    The man nods quickly. "Okay," he says, "I'll talk." He points at the unconscious boy. "I was leading the brat and his dad to Borden. The brat had different plans and stabbed me. I didn't touch the kid but the dad has a temper. Beat his boy half-to-death. I swear to the wyrmking himself this is the truth." (Insight check.) (1d20)[9]

Show
    Neresinde played skillfully but Evodine won the opening with her calculations, managing to convert that advantage into a strong kingside attack. The game was over with most of the pieces still on the board.

"Excellent play," says Neresinde. "You should join the Kasselshut Chess League. It seems like you have the talent for it." She stands up. "Wait here a moment." She leaves the room and returns in a few minutes holding a pouch. "You said you trade in herbs and spices? This is saffron, a whole pound of it. Imported from Chanpat, so I've heard. I'm not one to let an opponent who defeated me so handily walk away unrewarded." She places the pouch on Evodine's side of the table.

"A band of mercenaries, milday? I...I'm afraid it's much more than I can do anything about. Truly, I have a sword and a knife, but they are mostly for show. Is there not a constable about, or certainly a woman of your means could hire someone to take care of them?"
    "Forget I asked," says Neresinde. "If you're curious, the reason why I cannot hire someone to 'take care' of these mercenaries is because I'm not interested in physically hurting them. What I want is to expose their trafficking of sentient humanoids. Slavery is illegal in Votland, as decreed by our Queen, but this does not stop the Green Arrow Mercenaries from dabbling in it. I asked you rather than some former Order knight because—" she pauses to lower her voice "—I overheard you speaking to Mister Bredenbent. He said he's looking for someone called Trickstone. I know this name well: Trickstone is a business associate of the Green Arrows. Since he's headed for Borden, I thought maybe you could—" she stops and sighs. "No. It was an unfair request. Let's forget I mentioned this at all."

Evodine knows of Vath-Viela. It is an old city-state predating the Cascata Republic where it currently resides as a polity. Its population is predominantly high-elf and it is known for its magical traditions. Many great sorcerers of legend hail from Vath-Viela. During the War of Freedom many years ago, Vath-Viela was one of the few places that withstood a direct siege by the Indarran Empire. More recently, Vath-Viela participated in the Iron Wars, though this one ended with the disappearance of the then-matriarch as well as a legion of her elite battlemages.

Show
    Theren turns into the narrow alley and heads further in. It does not take him long to realize that the alley is a dead end, terminating in a ten-foot stone wall. Fortunately, the stones are poorly hewn and stacked, so climbing is a feasible option. (Athletics check.)

(Perception check.) (1d20+5)[6]

Show
    Stran successfully ran from the scene. There was not much in the way of a pursuit, so Stran managed to make it to the harbor district without difficulty. Now it was only a matter of finding Eimsbek Ward... (Investigation check.) (1d20+3)[17]

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Though Astella feels she does not have a good read on the man, his words sound like truths.

The man looks up hopefully. "So, am I free to go? I'd be happy to pay for my release."

Show
    Theren sees nothing else.

Show
    Stran finds the Eimsbek Ward without much difficulty.

It is now late dusk. The sky is turning a dark blue and the sun is just about to dip below the horizon. A pillar of light is cast from the setting sun, radiant upon the harbor waters. The bobbing masts of numerous docked ships silhouette against the sky.

Entering the Eimsbek Ward, Stran immediately sees that it is a poor neighborhood. Warehouses line the dark, muddy streets and the few pedestrians wear cloaks and hoods and walk quickly. Due to the time of day, the ambient lighting is dim, and Stran finds it difficult to see (disadvantage on all sight-based Perception checks). Nonetheless, he knows what street he is looking for and has no trouble navigating.

Before he reaches the docks proper, however, he spots a partially-concealed body in an alley behind a broken cart. Blood from the body mingles with the mud it lies in.

24. - Top - End - #174

"Here,"
    Erich says, throwing the five silver on the bar.

*thats odd... Maybe he's one of those two men. People generally don't just sprint out of a tavern for no reason...
    errich thought

[ooc]
    Erich exits the tavern, and looks for the man who sprinted away.

(d20+3)[23]

Yes! Nat 20!
    Last edited by Saint Jimmy; 2016-10-30 at 06:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Theren
    Spoiler: actions/rolls
    Show

Climbs away!
    Athletics: (d20+5)[25]
    Perception:(d20+5)[20]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Astella

She shakes her head. "If you hadn't done any of the violence, then why was your first response to my arrival to train a crossbow on me?" She sighs, she had wanted to be on her way, then again a man going mad might be connected to the corruption for all she knew. "You got any rope? Way I figure I ought to take all of you in to the nearest township and let a magistrate clear it up. That said the least I can do is hear both sides before sending anyone off with weapons, and I'd just not feel right stealing someone's sword and crossbow if they didn't do anything other than defend themselves. So we tie the man up because he's crazed with something and wait for the boy to wake."
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-30 at 11:05 AM.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #177

Stran stops for a moment, making sure to keep his good eye on the bleeding out body. He grips one of his handaxes in case whoever or whatever caused this was still sticking around. Stran approaches the body to identify it.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Gelećek & Errich
    Show
    (Since this is my one chance to post today, I'm going to assume that Gelećek pursues. If I'm overreaching, then we can retcon this later.)

Show
    Errich does not see the human who came from the second floor of The Barley and the Brew.

In front is the pair, the finely-dressed man and his greataxe-wielding companion, walking quickly and glancing over their shoulders. Following just behind is the card player, keeping pace without breaking into a run. The street is not crowded, but nor is it empty; several well-to-do people walk about, and guard patrols pass regularly.

Gelećek manages to keep up without difficulty. Just behind him Errich matches his pace.

The path of the duo up front takes the spread-out group into the trade district proper. The streets get rougher and the buildings dirtier. Carts and stalls line the streets and crowds block the way. The duo begin making sharp turns around street corners, hoping without success to lose the card player.

Show
    (Perception check.) (1d20+1)[15]

Show
    (Perception check.) (1d20+3)[13]

Show
    Theren scales the wall smoothly and climbs down the other side. He is once again in an alley, but as he runs out into the adjoining street, he disappears into the crowd without issue.

Theren might be in the trade district, judging by the stalls and carts on the streets and the sizable crowd of people. (Perception check.) (1d20+5)[22]

Show
    "You got any rope? Way I figure I ought to take all of you in to the nearest township and let a magistrate clear it up. That said the least I can do is hear both sides before sending anyone off with weapons, and I'd just not feel right stealing someone's sword and crossbow if they didn't do anything other than defend themselves. So we tie the man up because he's crazed with something and wait for the boy to wake."
    The man nods agreeably. "So long as you know the nearest courthouse is in Borden." He looks at the boy and the manic man. "Provided we tie 'em up and bring 'em with us, I won't cause you any trouble. Soon as we get to Borden, we head straight for the courthouse. Deal?" He points to a pack lying by a rock. "There's rope in my supplies. I warn you right now there's a dagger in there. You can toss or take it if you want, but I need to bring the rest with me."

If Astella checks, she does in fact find fifty feet of hempen rope and a dagger, as promised. Additionally, the pack contains ball bearings, string, candles, a crowbar, a hammer, pitons, a hooded lantern, flasks of oil, seven days of rations for one, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. There is a net strapped to the pack's side.

"We'll have to wait for 'em to wake," says the man. "I don't fancy carrying them."

Show
    The man is clearly dead. Upon a closer inspection, Stran finds a dagger, a light crossbow, thirty bolts, a pouch containing ten gold, and a letter. The letter reads:

Eimsbek Ward. Red Jailer. Trickstone.

If you find out anything, come to me and you'll be well-paid.

If you don't, don't bother coming in.

-K

(Intelligence check.)
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-10-30 at 05:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nettle3305 View Post
    "We'll have to wait for 'em to wake," says the man. "I don't fancy carrying them."
    Astella

"Neither do I, and I was planning to go to Borden anyway," She said, more than happy to rest a while, it'd give her time to regain her magic. She'd tie up the unconscious maniac as well as she could, searching him for, well anything she could find but especially noting any weapons, and then does the same with the boy. "So any idea why these two were going to Borden in the first place, or why the lad thought stabbing you was an appropriate way to try and get out of it?" She's willing just to talk, and watch for now while she waits.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Gelećek, Errich & Theren
    Show
    Two human men, one finely-dressed and another in hide armor wielding a greataxe, walk into an open warehouse just across the street from where Theren is standing. Following close behind them is a human man in pursuit.

Further down the street is Gelećek, watching the duo and their pursuer enter the warehouse. Just a bit further down is another observer, Errich.

Show
    Among the street crowd, nine figures in cloaks begin advancing on the warehouse entrance. It is not hard to see that under the cloaks the figures are wearing leather armor and wielding scimitars.

Show
    Among the street crowd, nine figures in cloaks begin advancing on the warehouse entrance. It is not hard to see that under the cloaks the figures are wearing leather armor and wielding scimitars.

Show

Show
    (Intelligence check.) (1d20+3)[8]

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    "So any idea why these two were going to Borden in the first place, or why the lad thought stabbing you was an appropriate way to try and get out of it?"
    "The dad's bringing the kid to a boarding school," says the man. "The kid's a massive brat, though." (Insight check.) (1d2)[1]
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-10-30 at 05:48 PM.