New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default [Pathfinder] Alchemist Prestige Classes

Any prestige classes that advance bombs and extracts? Or just extracts?

Third party is fine, but no new subsystems please. (Spheres, maneuvers, akasha, etc..)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Alchemist Prestige Classes

Here’s one.
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL
    D&D is its own momentum and does its own fantasy. It emulates itself in an incestuous mess.

3. - Top - End - #3

Goblin

Anything other than the Natural Alchemist or Master Chymist?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Evangelist advances both 9/10, and increases your skill points to 6+Int.

Is there a reason you're trying to prestige though? In Pathfinder, usually that results in a loss of power unless you're theurging with a more powerful class.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #5

Goblin

I generally like to explore a lot of options in game. And due to being the member of my gaming group with the best system mastery i tend towards playing with less powerful toys in most of our games. I am mostly wondering if there are any options with particularly unique abilities that still advance at least extracts if not also bombs. I am playing a frontline. And short of GM allowing me to count as arcane for pretend I just wanted to see what was out there. People on here tend to be well versed in 3rd party and I have little experience there.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thelastorphan View Post
    Anything other than the Natural Alchemist or Master Chymist?
    Unless there's a relatively new one I missed, that's it.

And of the two, I strongly suspect the Natural Alchemist started as just a 'wizard' PrC and they tacked on 'oh, extracts, sure, why not' at the last second. Because you don't really gain all that much from Alchemist entry.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

7. - Top - End - #7
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thelastorphan View Post
    I generally like to explore a lot of options in game. And due to being the member of my gaming group with the best system mastery i tend towards playing with less powerful toys in most of our games. I am mostly wondering if there are any options with particularly unique abilities that still advance at least extracts if not also bombs. I am playing a frontline. And short of GM allowing me to count as arcane for pretend I just wanted to see what was out there. People on here tend to be well versed in 3rd party and I have little experience there.
    The thing is though, "options" in Pathfinder mean archetypes far moreso than it means PrCs. There are some, but very few that advance one class feature (barring spellcasting or sneak attack), never mind two or more. Have you looked through those? You're much more likely to find something that advances extracts and bombs by going that route, simply by using one that doesn't remove either ability (or at best modifies them.)

EDIT to include a couple of simple examples: Trap Breaker Alchemist and Preservationist Alchemist.

Trap Breaker only replaces your poison-related skills (e.g. Poison Use, Poison Resistance, and Swift Poisoning.) That means you get full progression of bombs, full extracts, full mutagen, full Discoveries etc. Not only that, but you also get Trapfinding, ranged disarm with your bombs, and the ability to turn your bombs into traps (landmines.)

Preservationist also replaces your poison-related stuff, plus a discovery and persistent mutagen - but again, that means full bombs, full extracts etc. In exchange, you become a pokemon master who can summon creatures (all the way up to SNA9!) as a standard action and hide behind them while chucking bombs. Throw in Planar Preservationist and you get the Summon Monster list too, which gets you far more utility.

See what I mean? There just aren't any PrCs that can match that kind of customization while still giving you the full progression you want.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2018-12-19 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

The Brewkeeper is surprisingly solid.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    The Brewkeeper is surprisingly solid.
    You mean it's surprisingly liquid
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    You mean it's surprisingly liquid
    Why is it surprising that beer is liquid? =p