New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 2: Bolted]

Leah feels a twisting in her gut as she looks over to Bibi once they're closer. The angry looking bruises their guide had sustained, along with the visible cuts and scrapes, left her feeling awful about leaving the woman behind. She glances over to Genevieve as she makes her comment, feeling a brief moment of absurd amusement as she wondered what the Jhotoan would have made of Ser Wol when they first came across her. Turning her attention back, her gaze lowered, cheeks colouring as she said "Umm... I'm sorry if... If we made it worse..."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

2. - Top - End - #542
    Colossus in the Playground

The bandaged Bibi looks right at Genevieve. "I'm fine. Do you want to head out?" She asks, then shrugs at Leah's comment.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa looks at Bibi, bandaged as she is, and tries to guess how truthful Bibi is being. Genevieve's response certainly sounded more reasonable that Bibi's. Leah's response, too, fills Alyssa with a bit of tension. Real consequences. She would touch her scar again, but it happens to be on the side she's leaning on Leah so instead she quickly gives a shake of her head. "I think we might want to rest a bit after what happened. We're not really going anywhere fast anyways." Then looking at Bibi, she asks, "What did happen? With that Pokemon, I mean."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I guess either Intuition or Medical Edu would be relevant to this, though I think Alyssa is better at Intuition so she'd likely be using that unless her Medical Edu would help?

Anyways rolling, Intuition:(4d6)[15]
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground

Genevieve sputters for a bit before replying, "Are you joking? You can't go traveling like this! You look like...." Well, like a Larvitar used you as a chew toy. She considers saying more, but seeing that her protests are falling on deaf ears, she instead looks pointedly at Leah and Linne as if to say, "Back us up here."
    Last edited by Ceralune; 2017-02-19 at 06:41 AM.
    Current Campaigns:
    Heights of Londo - Genevieve Neomme - OOC
    Shadows of Burghafen - Karina Weiss - OOC

DMing: Curse of the Crimson Throne
    The Ever-Changing Tide

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah shifts her weight uncomfortably, trying not to displace Alyssa in the process, both at Bibi's assertion of her general wellness and Genevieve pushing for her to pass comment. She hesitates before answering Genevieve's implied question, "Umm... Like, uh, like Alyssa said," She glances awkwardly at the girl leaning on her shoulder, "we're, uh, we're not on a timetable. Umm, we can wait another night to, uh, to make sure you're fit..." She hesitates again, "If, uh, if you're worried about payment, umm, we can just pay the extra time you, uh, you need to heal up..?"

She felt her ears heat at the suggestion. While she didn't see Lord Batille's money as hers alone to give away, she hoped Alyssa would agree with the idea and, if push came to shove, that Lord Bastille wouldn't hold the delay against them.

Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

Linne put a hand to her elbow and glanced away. "Linne watched Bibi tend to the worst of her wounds..." with a bit of awkwardness, as if she knew the guide was going to be stubborn enough and didn't want to raise it up again.

7. - Top - End - #547

"I led them away from the fields." Bibi answers Alyssa and doesn't respond to the rest of the debate continuing around her. "Hurt them just enough to not want to come back. Should be heading back to The Den."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah's shoulders sag slightly as Bibi fails to acknowledge the concerns about her health. Feeling Alyssa's weight move slightly as she did, her mind raced as she tried to come up with a plausible excuse to not leave Licia immediately. "Umm, I think we ought to stay for, uh, for the night again anyway. Umm," She looked to Alyssa, then back to Bibi, "Alyssa, uh, when we were running. She fell and, uh, and I think she landed badly. I've had to, uh, to help her back. Umm, I think if, uh, if she just keeps her weight off her leg, we should be able to get going again tomorrow..?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Leah's going to make a guile check since she's not quite telling the truth here. The idea is to use Alyssa's 'injury' as an excuse to keep Bibi from pushing herself hard while injured, with the additional bonus of hopefully checking the extent of Bibi's injuries out in the down time.

Guile - (2D6+1)[11]

Show

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods at Bibi. "Well I'm glad nothing too bad happened." Some part of her leaves off further comment, sensing that Bibi is done with this line of discussion.

Alyssa gives a nervous laugh and blushes a bit at Leah's description. "Sorry if I'm holding us up. It wasn't bad but I'm not sure about my balance on a long trek. A day's rest should be good for me though." She gives a chipper smile at the end, and for the most part she's actually genuine about the whole thing, not really paying much attention to Leah's bending of the truth.

10. - Top - End - #550

"Fine." Bibi nods. "What do you want to do?"

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand at the question. With the bulk of a day still ahead, she found herself unsure of how to spend the rest of the daylight hours. With Alyssa's current unsteadiness, and the need to stay put for Bibi's sake, options were limited. "Well... It's still light, umm, I could take a proper look at the, uh, the fossil..." She shrugs, "Umm, you guys can do something else if you want but, uh, but if Alyssa's not going anywhere for the rest of today then, uh," She feels her ears heat again as she continues, "Then it's something I can do while keeping her company..? Umm, that is, uh, assuming you don't, uh, don't want to just rest, of course..." She finishes up, throwing a brief glance at Alyssa.

Show

12. - Top - End - #552

Genevieve takes a deep breath as the others skillfully come up with a way to ensure at least a day of rest for Bibi. "That's totally fine with me, I need to give Damien a grooming anyways. And maybe find something for my own scratches," she says more calmly now, glancing over areas where the sandstorm had rubbed her skin raw.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

13. - Top - End - #553

"I can tend to your wounds." The looming, bandage-covered woman offers. "It will hurt."

14. - Top - End - #554

"Uhhh...." Genevieve looks very uncertainly at Bibi as she offers. I mean, to be fair, you don't have much money... if she's offering, then...? "... Sure." Genevieve looks neither comfortable nor reassured, but gives her approval.

It occurs to her that Damien took a hit from the sandstorm as well, but that can wait until Genevieve finds out exactly what Bibi is planning to do. I am not letting whatever she's planning to do near Damien until I find out what it is!
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

Linne furrowed her brow at the mood that was taking over the group, but then realised what did give them some cheer earlier. She looked at Genevieve and sweetly put her hands behind her back. "After he's patched up, Genevieve, can we see Damien's dance again? It was so adorable!"

16. - Top - End - #556

Genevieve turns toward the older girl with surprise, but then nods happily. "Ohh, sure! It'll be good for us to get some more practice in. We haven't done much dancing since we came to Londo. He'll be all clean by then too!"
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods to Leah. "Yeah, I think not moving would be a good idea for me for the day. Though maybe we should get food...?"

"I can look at some of the wounds too." Alyssa raises a hand as if to indicate she's still there.

Hoothoot takes this time to land back on Alyssa's shoulder, confident she's not going to suddenly throw him off into the air again.

18. - Top - End - #558

Bibi places her hand around the wrist of one of Geneveive's scarred arms, waits for her to consent for it being handled, then holds it straight out. With her other hand, she retrieves a small flask from one of her belt packs and pours a gooey red liquid on. It stings a little at first, but when Bibi starts to rub it in, it stings a lot. Her grip, though calloused, is firm, and she soon has it spread evenly over the scratches. Then she wraps up Genevieve's arm in a length of pale cloth, and ties it up near her elbow.

"You can do the rest if you were paying attention." Bibi offers, as she holds out the flask and a ball of the bandages.

Spoiler: Genevieve
    Show
    Once her scoured skin has been treated, she'll have all her HP.

19. - Top - End - #559

Genevieve grimaces at the sting, and lets out an audible yelp as Bibi rubs the strange liquid into her skin. "Owowowowowow.... easy, easy! I can't dance if I can't move from the pain!" As the woman holds out the flask to her, she hesitates before taking it, admitting to herself that the healed area does feel a lot better now. Well, Genevieve, you've always told yourself... no pain, no gain...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    She probably spends some time tending to the rest of her wounds, and then Damien's.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nodded at Alyssa's suggestion, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she did, "Yeah, that sounds good."

Her attention turns to Genevieve and Bibi as their guide applies her medicine. She winces in sympathy with Genevieve's pain, holding at her sides as the older girl endures the treatment. Deciding that having raw skin for a few days wouldn't be so bad after all, she opts not to ask for the same treatment.

Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

Linne watched with some curiousity, not really wincing -- she was used to medicines stinging when she had to treat herself in the wilds, after all. "What liquid is that, Bibi...?"

22. - Top - End - #562

"Rawst, Razz, Root, Sitrus, binding, and water." Bibi turns to face Linne as Alyssa tends to the wounds of herself and Damien. "Soothes, heals, binds. Doesn't go deeper than skin."

23. - Top - End - #563

Genevieve frowns as Bibi rattles off the berries. "Of those, only the razz berry is really the least bit spicy... this horrible stinging doesn't make any sense," she mutters. Though, she carries on, wincing at each new application and sighing in relief as the stinging fades.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

24. - Top - End - #564

Bibi, who is still covered in bruises, fresh bandages, and has a gouge in her abdomen, turns her head to look at Alyssa. "It will pass."

Ibib leans towards the inn they spent the night at.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nerve endings." Leah pipes up as Genevieve wonders about why her injuries stung so much, "Umm, they're really exposed when the skin's damaged. The, uh, the stinging's not from any, uh, any spiciness, not like when you're eating." She rubs at the back of her neck, "It's just that you're, uh, you're not used to having something put so close to the nerves, and it stings more if it's a bit acidic."

She follows Ibib's lean before glancing at Alyssa, "Ready to eat?"

Once the older girl agrees, she makes her way to the inn with Alyssa in tow.

Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Glad for Bibi's comment, Alyssa smiles. "Yeah, I suppose. Can't hurt to give things a look, though. Do you have any more of that ointment?"

She nods along with Leah's explanation, finding it both different and the same as she might have guessed. When she offers food, Alyssa nods, then winces as Hoothoot shifts on her shoulder. "Please be careful, Hoothoot. Still raw myself." When it's time, she moves with Leah carefully, still leaning on her a bit to keep her balance.

27. - Top - End - #567

When the girls get to the inn, they find the remnants of breakfast just waiting for them in a few containers. Given the fact that it's still technically the day they paid for the room for, it's probably not theft.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ettin in the Playground

Once inside the inn, Leah helped manoeuvre Alyssa into a chair at one of the tables, glancing over at the counter as she did. "Umm, I'll see if we can grab the food. I'll be back in a moment."

She approached the counter cautiously, looking around for someone to ask. Given the relative quiet, though, she picked the containers up, hesitating only for a few moments before returning to the table. She set the containers down, frowning as she asked "It should be ok, right? Umm, it's still the, uh, the meal we paid for..?"

Passing Alyssa some cutlery, she then took a seat for herself. "Umm, sorry for, uh, for using you as an excuse there..." She tucked a strand of hair away from her eyes, glancing down at the food in front of her, "Umm, I didn't want Bibi pushing herself and, uh, and she didn't seem to want to stop for her own sake."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Based on your description, it sounded like the Inn was empty. Please do correct me if I'm wrong
    Last edited by Comissar; 2017-02-23 at 09:00 AM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #569

Genevieve frowns at the answer, but seems to accept it. "Ohh. I suppose that makes sense." After they arrive back at the inn, she thinks to herself a bit before taking a seat herself and releasing Damien. "Sorry, Damien. This will hurt." Damien reacts a bit bothered by the stinging, but endures it, also being no stranger to hard-earned rewards. Genevieve's face finally softens for the first time in a while, and she speaks more warmly, "Attaboy... there's a nice session of grooming following this and food, waiting for you." "Vee!" At this little tidbit, he chirps happily.
    Last edited by Ceralune; 2017-02-23 at 12:27 PM.
    Current Campaigns:

The Ever-Changing Tide

30. - Top - End - #570

Bibi follows the bulk of the group towards the inn, after herself and Ibib give a look to Linne that implies she should follow. The woman walks around the outside of the building, giving Genevieve a chance to finish healing Damien before she returns.