New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (INC) Bellows of War- Crafting Thread Part II

"Those sound like reasonable terms, Lady Redmane. I am finding my opinion of you improving with each little chat we have." He smiled at Kamyol, "Impressive show there my friend. If I was a healer I'd jump into the healing potions game myself, but alas, my talents lie elsewhere. I will definitely bring up the heavy need for such items to m'lady Minerva as well, so many of the extra crafters from Lilygrove we bring on will have the ability to produce them."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, there are other potions you could make, my friend," Kamyol said, straightening. "You could make potions of 'Eagle's Splendor', 'Owl's Wisdom', 'Cat's Grace' and so on! I'm sure those would be quite useful."
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Lady Sylvia Redmane quickly scratches out a note on a parchment, folds it, and seals it. She hands it to Kamyol. "Would you please deliver this to Mrs. Landingham? I thank you. I shall write out our terms, as discussed, and deliver them to Lady Minerva Figleaf by the end of the day. I suggest you go quickly and meet with your merchant contact; the It'aksi will likely begin flooding my office with requests for merchant permits by dinner, if Hobbleton has any luck."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh," Kamyol accepted the note and tucked it into his pocket. "Alright, shall we get going then, Xerex?" he asked.
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #905
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nihisk listens with apt attention becoming curious at her tattoo and more impressed that she gave it herself. He had ignored his food until mentioned. He takes a polite sip of his soup.

It is quite delicious, thank you. Different from anything out in the sands. Nihisk is awestruck at your abilities. It is good to know there are such skilled artisans in the cities.

He takes another spoonful tasting the different flavors of the spoon.

Nihisk has been called a tinkerer. Able to take apart and put together magical items. Also handy with pistols. Better than most wizards.

Nihisk gives her a charming smile and shows Sai his pistol.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai tilted her head as Nihisk spoke.

"What do you mean... take apart magic Items?"

She smiled when he spoke about her and her abilities.

"Wanna see something neat?" She didnt wait for a response as she made a series of symbols with her hands before touching the ratfolk over his chest and a symbol formed on his clothes.

As Nihisk looked around, Shadows seemed to dissapear, as if light had been provided to them, It did not hurt his eyes at all... and occationally when looking at passerbys... it almost looked like he could see through... magical veils of illusion the individual had cast upon them. It lasted only a few moments.... 30 seconds at most before his eye sight returned to normal, and the regular shadows returned.

"I have a specialty with Glyphs"

She frowned as she looked at the fire arm.

"What is that? what is a Pistol? Is it a Type of Wand? maybe a Small Rod?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

7. - Top - End - #907

RedWizardGuy

"Yes, let's go," Xerex replied to Kamyol, "This has been a most productive discussion. I hope this will be the turning point for Goldenrod's economy we've been hoping for," he made a respectful bow, "Good day, Lady Redmane." With that he followed Kamyol to meet with Mrs. Landingham.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol also made a polite bow to Redmane on the way out. He walked with Xerex to the crafting spire.
    "After I deliver this note to Mrs. Landingham, assuming she makes no request of us when we do, I'm going to go and talk to Ricard. Do you want to come along for that, or do you have something else you'd like to do?" Kamyol asked the elven professor.
    Kamyol poked his head in the lobby of the lab, looking to see if Mrs. Landingham was there.
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Mrs. Landingham is sitting at her desk, as per the usual. She acknowledges Kamyol and Xerex as they come in. Kamyol passes off Redmane's note. She quickly reads it. "Hmm. Lady Redmane has declared the kingdom will no longer buy goods from the crafters. But she also says that there will be more requests on the crafting request board soon, and I should prepare it for extended use. I should make a sign. Good to know. Thank you, Kamyol."
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol shrugged and smiled. "It's no problem. Oh, here, I have this for donation," he said, placing the box of a gross of 'Guidance' potions on her desk. "Lady Redmane said these would be good to be distributed to manual laborers, and possibly merchants, if that helps," he said, smiling.
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #911

RedWizardGuy

"I don't think I've met this 'Ricard.' if he's someone we're going to be working with a lot, I think I'd like to at least introduce myself," Xerex replied.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Landingham accepts the potions and goes back to work.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

13. - Top - End - #913
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nihisk drops his spoon in the bowl and looks around confused and intrigue. As his sight returned to normal his complete focus landed on Sai staring with wonder and curiosity. As he tried to speak, chirps and chitters can only be heard. Embarrassed Nihisk appear to blush and compose himself before trying to speak again.

You are incredibly gifted.That was a simple glyph?Is such teachable?Who taught you?You are...

His words run together and he stops speaking once more and pulls out the pistol.

This is my travel one. Very simple in design. It is a device that uses components to create a power blast which expels a small miniature ball. The ones at home are capable of attune arcana within the ballistic causing a variety of affects. To put this in the most basic and simplest terms, it is a very power sling shot.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She accepts the pistol to examine. She turns it over, running her fingers over its surface.

"So... its like a Mini crossbow... but it fires sling bullets.... using... a small explosion as the driving force, rather than spinning, or a strings tension... thats very interesting. "

She seems earnestly amazed at the idea of the object. But looks back up.

"Oh. I am from the Silver Isles. I am what is refered to as... a Mystic. We are... what sorcerors were supposed to be... but their powers are... too focused, and thus limited... The Power of a Mystic... flows freely. "
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"That....that is, incredible! In all Nihisk's study Nihisk he has never heard of such. Is this something any practitioner of arcana learn? Nihisk is truly honored to meet you. Sadly this tool is ineffective to show you the full existent of my art. Nihisk is curious, is there a place where he can purchase items for his art?"

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol began walking in the direction of Ricard's shop, keeping an eye out on Bartleby. Earlier, the dwarf said he wanted to go along to speak to the military nobles. Plans had changed, but he wouldn't know that, and he might want to tag along to see Ricard.
    "Ricard is... um... I guess you'd say a cousin. He's the merchant we made arrangements with our second day in town. I think you were busy, but we did discuss the arrangement with you, I'm pretty sure," Kamyol explained to Xerex.
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai smiles.

"I cant really teach the arcane side of my abilities.... its something like a sorcerer... you must have it already within you. You may possess such talents, latent within you... but it would take time to see. "

She tilts her head looking at the gun.

"Im not sure... perhaps an alchemist? They may know. We can try looking around after lunch"

She continues to eat before her food gets cold.
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Kamyol and Xerex travel southeast from the main square. Ricard's house is located just west of the University, in relatively cheap housing. They knock on the door, and Ricard answers. When he answers the door, Ricard's eyes go wide and he embraces Kamyol in a strong hug. "We've been so worried, kid! There were all these rumors going around about demons, guards being assassinated left and right, and then you dropped off the face of the planet! Where have you been?!?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

"Oof!" Kamyol grunted in surprise. "Wha-? Kamoru and I came by yesterday looking for you and you weren't around! We were trying not to think about that too hard so we wouldn't worry you got caught in the crossfire!" He straightened his rumpled robes and sighed, mostly in relief.
    "They weren't rumors, though 'assassination' is possibly a bit purposeful a description of what happened. There was a demon, and it was causing chaos, and--you know, it might be better to discuss this inside," he said sheepishly.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-08 at 06:41 PM.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ricard motions for them to enter. The two enter a one-room flat with two cots in the back. Ricard closes the door behind him. "I'd say assassination was exactly the right term, seeing as the captain and second-in-command of literally every guard station on the city walls was murdered in one night. That's not random chaos, that's precision."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

Kamargal pushed his way forward to squeeze in the doorway behind Kamyol, and plunked his butt down with a thud. He sat staring, unblinking.

Kamyol sighed. "I guess in the sense that the killings were probably politically motivated, there's some accuracy there, but just because it was precise doesn't mean it wasn't for the purpose of creating as much chaos as possible. It's kind of a long story, but I'll try to paraphrase as much as possible..." he said, raking his fingers through his shaggy hair.

"When Kamoru came back from her salvage mission, he," Kamyol jerked his thumb towards the giant black tiger, "was waiting outside the apartment. We talked to him, and he said Mother Moon gave him visions of my death at the hands of a gallu demon and he had to protect me. Then we find out some important, um, colleagues, were murdered, and the description fit that of a gallu demon. Entos disobeyed some instructions from higher ups and ended up provoking the thing and it went on a murder-spree. My sister and I and all our recently made friends went looking for it, at the behest of General Hobbleton himself, since we seemed to kinda be in the center of the whole mess."
    "We split the group in half, and half went to the astral plane in pursuit of the demon, and to rescue an abducted colleague of the General's. They weren't gone long when the demon came back and tried to attack, but it ran when it realized we had it outnumbered. Then one of those who'd gone to the astral plane returned, saying they needed help. So most of us went there to help. It was a bit rough. Two of our friends, the Professor here included, had managed to get themselves killed, and Kamoru was so badly hurt she actually shifted, despite having an audience" Kamyol said with a deep sigh.
    "We won in the end, but it was dicey for a while. The demon was the servant of an ifrit priest of some kind, and he'd like... transformed into some kind of really weird undead-like thing after he was killed. It was so odd... he was covered in fungus and bled fire! We tried to pursue the gallu when we returned, but, it got away."
    "We got commendations," he said wryly, showing Ricard his signet ring.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-08 at 08:00 PM.
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Uh huh...So what I'm hearing is, they know who you are, you guys killed an Ifrit and drove off a demon, then got medals. Great!" Ricard says. He sighs. "Well, you're alive, and that's the best end of it. Plus Jonyun can stop stuttering every time he wants to call you Sacred One. That's a relief." Ricard drinks some water. "So, you guys got merchandise ready for us? Not a moment too soon. Rumor has it the It'aksi are in town. In a few days, it's gonna be a seller's market."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #923
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol cleared his throat awkwardly, turning red. "Uhh, actually, they know what we are, but not so much who..." he said sheepishly. He shot a furtive glance at the professor, trying to gauge the elf's reaction.
    "You heard about the It'aksi already... guess that shouldn't surprise me. Tiraea is with them, now. She said no one else is though. I do have some things for you, yes," Kamyol said, digging another box, much smaller than the other one, out of his bag. Each of the vials was neatly labeled.
    Spoiler: Box contents
    Show
    Potion of Pass Without Trace (1st) x1
    Tap Inner Beauty Potion (1st) x1
    Enhanced Diplomacy potion (1st) x2
    Stabilize potion (1st) x7
    Potion of Hide from Animals (1st) x1
    Guidance potions (1st) x4
    Aspect of the Nightengale potion (1st) x2
    Dancing Lantern Oil (6th) x8

"The 'Dancing Lantern' oils are for Jonyun, just as a gift. Figured that could come in handy in the mines. I also wanted to talk to you about our arrangement," Kamyol said, glancing over at Xerex.
    "Some things have changed. Productivity has increased significantly, but we also are no longer being guaranteed a market. So I suppose the good news for you, then, is that you'll be getting more from us than originally planned. Possibly a lot more. And with having gotten commendations and introduction to a number of nobles, you could probably spin some kind of 'hero-made goods' angle for your advertising... at least to nobles. I dunno how known we are to the working class. I can't promise total exclusivity, since two of our recent additional team members do have their own shops... a smithy and a tattoo parlor. But we can probably come pretty close to exclusivity. And you don't have to worry about the infamy that ended up following Entos. He's... indisposed... we don't know if he'll ever recover, frankly," Kamyol said with sadness in his voice and a slight grimace.
    "Personally, all I ask out of this is that goods you get from us that you sell domestically, you don't inflate the prices for... at least not while selling to the working class. Accessibility and competitive pricing is going to be important. And I am confident I can promise the volume to make it worthwhile."
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Following her eyes to the gun Nihisk smiles and takes another sip from his....soup? Clearly enjoying the company and conversation than the food.

"Oh no Nihisk does not look for items for his weapon. No, Nihisk would like to see what magical components this fine city might have for crafting."

Watch her eat faster he takes another sip.

"But such can wait until after this delicious meal no need to rush."

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai smiles for a moment, but then frowns in confusion. Taking a finger pressing it to her lips in thought.

"If you are looking to purchase, I think there is a market to commission works done... I think there is a merchant... a cleric of Pelor if I remember.... Ebon.... Cor- something. I think I remember his shop. He has connections with the cities Crafting production of magic Items, I think he is the correct Connection to make commissions through..."

She goes back to eating her meal, finishing it before too long.
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #926

RedWizardGuy

Xerex was silent for a while, letting his friend take the lead in talking to Ricard. The verdant embrace he recieved upon entering his home was evidence enough that they already had a good rapport. He did look down and pressed his hand to his heart while Kamyol recalled the events of his earlier demise, making his own signet ring visible. He blinked looking at Kamyol, "Sacred one? Is there something divine about your transformation? Related to your oracular abilites?" he asked, more curious than anything, "Never mind you can answer later, I'm getting side-tracked as to why we're here. Yes soon there will be more competition in the market as you are aware, and as you are also aware the population of our city is used to access to magical items, so access for everyone is one of our highest priorities right now. I should also add, there is a third group that will soon add their wares as well, so if you kept your prices fair, that would guarantee more revenue for you."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Troll in the Playground

"No, nothing to do with the transformation, that's just... what we are," Kamyol muttered, cheeks reddening. "I suppose my oracle abilities are related, though, technically..."
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ricard looks over the potion inventory and grunts. "Well, some of these will be real useful for the common man, and those'll stay cheap if we have anything to say about it. A couple of them are fancy, and those we'll find noble outlets for. Potions are still drops in the bucket compared to the prices we're gonna see for magic items in the noble and merchant districts here in the next couple o' weeks, but I'll sell what you get me in the best place I can." He looks back and forth between the two of them. There's a pause, then he says, "Oh yeah, you mentioned Tiraea. As long as she's got horses, she'll be fine in any caravan. Good she's found another place. Meanwhile, I'll pass these potions along to Jonyun. He'll be glad for 'em. Tell your smithy friend that if he wants a leg up on the It'aksi for his goods, we might be able to cut a corner on his prices. Best we can do."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, I know they're not the highest dollar things. I made them before we knew things were going to be changing, if that wasn't obvious. I've got other things planned. I'll let Ebon and Bartleby know about that. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!" Kamyol said. Then he lapsed into silence, seeming momentarily lost in thought.
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Ricard looks at the boy studiously for a moment, then gets out a broom. He hands it to Kamyol and nods, then goes over and starts wiping down a counter.
    Show

DM of Twinborn