New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dyer's Absalom Beguiled IC

Oberon:

Oberon looks at the priest as he's handed a box by the messenger. He raises an eyebrow inquiringly, nodding at the box.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark gingerly takes the box from the messenger's hands, and hands him five copper pieces in return. "Thank you, son." As soon as the messenger is out of sight, Roark slams the door to the church shut. Leaning against the temple wall, he takes a deep breath, and opens the box.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The group stands about as Roark receives the package and tips the runner. Opening the box, Roark finds a 16 ounce glass jar filled with water. Swimming inside the jar is a small charcoal-hued octopus with a very textured skin. There is a note attached to the jar that reads, in common; Eat me.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

'm actually after info for a client. Black Sahuagin. Heard of em? And you?
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

"Well that is a rather odd note?" Ryl observes looking at the octopus swimming around in the jar as best as it could. "I don't assume you are going to eat it raw are you? And even if you were I would advise someone testing the food first. I could perhaps call someone who wouldn't mind a free meal to test it out." Ryl says thinking of the pet rat he had grown accustomed to summoning from the seven layers of hell.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well this is... not what I was expecting." Confused, Roark presents the octopus to Ryl. "If you're offering... Ryl, is it? I'd rather not have one of us taste it first, so if you have something else that can do so, be my guest. If they shipped us a poisonous octopus and told us to eat it, I'd rather not reward them for the stupidest assassination method ever."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

"Why of course, if you could give me a moment." Ryl say stepping back before throwing out his arms to both sides, his carefully tended to hands being shown for one of the first times as he goes through the many arcane gestures required to call forth his friend Nazumi. As Ryl's hands create the gestures required for the spell, he speaks the infernal tongue, calling forth a creature he simply keeps on referring to as Nazumi. Promising it a fine meal if it were to come to his call.

Moments later the smell of Brimstone enters the room, as a tiny portal opens in the shadows of the temple, hidden from the common onlooker. A few squeeks can be heard before a rat with bone like protrusions, and rust like fur comes scrambling over to Ryl's side. "It is good to see you again Nazumi, how is the family?" Ryl asks the creature as he bends down and offers his hand out for it to climb up his arm to reach his shoulder.

"Nazumi we happen to hold with us a strange gift, and on the gift we were told to eat it. And saying I have not seen you in such a long time I felt it only right to give you a proper meal from the material plane. If one of the two people here cut a tentacle off for you, would you mind eating it? If you want whatever you do not finish you can even take home to your family." Ryl says with a familiarity most would find unsettling.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This whole Conversation between Ryl and Nazumi will be taking place in infernal as it is the only way they can communicate, sorry. However so it doesn't get weird I will ask that for RP purposes our DM controls my summons, while I only control them during battles. If you need an idea for how Nazumi acts think of Templeton from Charlotte's Web.

Picture of Nazumi

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Perplexed but amused, Oberon leans down to look at the octopus. "Perhaps there's a meaning behind this gesture, something beyond the literal. Anyone here know anything about local lore regarding an octopus?"

Show

Knowledge (Local)/general knowledge: (1d20)[4]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    'm actually after info for a client. Black Sahuagin. Heard of em? And you?
    Rufus grins and shakes his head as he offers Maria some of the wine the priest had given him. "They are proving popular at the moment. They are hunting me, they been kidnapping this lady these folks are looking for and..." He buts off as a messenger carrying the octopus enters the room. Looking at the strange beast he shrugs offering only an "I've eaten things that looked worse than that did. But Rather you than me eh?"

He pauses again as the strange devil rat and crackling devil speech occur and looks on with curiosity. He glances at both Maria and Alice - "One thing to say eh, the city is never a dull one."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria looks around the room. Seems like we could work together, no? Would ya mind introducin' everyone? I haven't th'pleasure. I'm Maria, I run a bar out thataways. She points. I also keep my ear to th'ground.
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Noticing the others talking to him ryl looks up from his shoulder coughing slightly to clear his throat before replying. "Sorry about that, I was a bit caught up. My name is Ryl Aufein, and this little guy here is Nazumi." Ryl says indicating the dire fiendish rat sitting on his shoulder talking into his ear. "I have had a few dealings with Oberon and was asked if a friend I knew could help him with a task. Sadly I have not had time to summon that particular friend yet however, he tends to not get along with others." Ryl explains referring to his eioldon.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Studying the fiendish rat, Roark raises an eyebrow. Who in the hells is this man? Still, if Ryl was willing to enter his church in the first place, then he probably wasn't so bad. He turns to Maria as she makes her introduction. "A pleasure. Father Roark Alba. I preside over this church, and do what I can to make these streets a little friendlier." Pulling out a dagger from his belt. he places the jar at the altar. "It's a sin to spill blood in the house of a God, but desperate times call for desparate measures. I shall do the honours." He says, before muttering a quick prayer under his breath for the poor octopus.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The group is surprised by the package and its contents as Ryl summons Nazumi, and considers feeding the octopus, or at least part of it, to his familiar. Oberon tries to recall what type of octopus is in the jar but his knowledge falls short. It does have 8 limbs. Maria and Rufus discuss the Black Sahuagin. As Roark prepares to remove the octopus from the jar, the water turns an inky black and Nazumi recoils, turning back to Ryl as an unpleasant odor fills the church.

Absalom Maps
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-01-31 at 02:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Ssshhh, ssshh, it's alright." Roark does his best to soothe the creature. Thinking better of himself, he removes the jar from the altar and instead rests it on one of the pews. "I am sorry." He plunges the dagger into the creatures head, trying to makes its death as painless as possible, before slicing off a tentacle. His hands stained with blond and ink, he offers it to Nazumi.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Nazumi refuses the tentacle, once again recoiling to Ryl. The smell becomes even stronger as Roark slices the tentacle of the octopus.
    Spoiler: Fort Saves
    Show
    DC 15 or become sickened for 10 minutes. Oberon (1d20+3)[7], Rufus (1d20+3)[8], Maria (1d20+2)[20], Roark (1d20+4)[23], Ryl (1d20+2)[21]
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-01-31 at 09:15 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

"What is it Nazumi?" Ryl asks noticing his friend from the infernal plane refusing to eat a meal presented to him. It was odd for the creature to be fussy when it came to eating food, espically saying he was a rat and given the smell something had to be wrong with this creature that he would not try to eat it.

"I think what we have here is some kind of poisonous fish, or other such creature, and someone was trying to get rid of you with ease. Nazumi like typical rats is not a picky eater, however he is smart enough to know when not to eat something. I do not know what you wish to do with that, however I suggest we get rid of it before it stinks out your entire church." Ryl says to the others in common, allowing Nazumi to dig through his pockets until he found a scrap of bread in one of Ryl's many pockets on his scholar robes. Poking his head out of the robe the rat seems to stand happily eating the bread ignoring the food that had been offered to him.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

"I have no idea what that creature is, but it's making me feel unwell. Please, dispose of it carefully, lest others are harmed by it. It is time for us to move as well."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus staggers out of the black mist retching, taking a sip of the wine. "By the Gods. That stinks. Get the lid back on and roll the damn thing outside.". Stepping away from the cloud he nods to Maria, "Never a dull moment here eh..." Looking at the others he calls out - "Is there any clues in that vile stench cloud?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark's nose wrinkles immediately at the smell as he fishes the severed limb out, before frantically screwing the lid back on. Sighing as Nazumi refuses the tentacle, he wipes the blood and ink from the blade of his knife. "Well that was pointless. Unless anyone else has any ideas, I say we head off. If whoever sent this is trying to irritate us, they've certainly succeeded." Then, with a heavy sigh - "Maybe if I light some incense before we go, the smell will be gone by the time I return."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Knowledge Arcane/the Planes if it helps
    Show

To see if the creature is of a magical or extraplanar category
    Arcane (1d20+6)[20]
    The Planes (1d20+6)[26]

"If you do remember I could call someone who does not mind a free meal. I did not say that the creature called however would eat the object in question. And after you saw Nazumi refuse to eat the creature, you still choose to cut into it. So while it may have been pointless, and created a very foul smell, it was a choice you did make." Ryl points out defending Nazumi for not wishing to eat any kind of creature that could create such a stench with a simple limb being cut off. "As for the smell, I would suggest lanvander mixed with nightshade. It may seem like an odd mixture, however I know of few things like it to remove the smell of brimstone." Ryl offers the priest any kind of help he could on getting rid of the smell in his chapel.

"Why of course, Nazumi you may return home now. I hope you enjoyed your meal." Ryl says in infernal to the tiny rat in his pocket letting it know it had been dismissed for now. Once gone Ryl once again called upon his powers which allowed him to summon forth creatures from the planes, however when at last the calling was finished no creature anyone had seen before stood before the group. While it had many characteristics of a humanoid such as arms and legs. However each arm seemed to end in wicked claws, four in total on each arm where a normal persons hands would be. Even its head looked like a cross between a bird and a lizard of some sort.

"Everyone this is Vicarus, please do not be alarmed by his appearance, he tends to listen so long as no one is trying to kill him or myself. Isn't that right Vicarus?" the young scholar says kindly to the creature that easily towered over him. However as you look at the creature it seems to only shake its head the slightest in acknowledgment of Ryl's question as it looks over the group confused. It knew of the one named Oberon, but these other faces were new to him. Allies, enemies? Best to wait for orders.

Show
    Yes it is a marauder from ME3
    Second at GM I noticed while looking at my sheet I actually took a power my eioldon cannot have until I am level 6, may I change it out before it becomes an issue when combat begins or some other such thing of importance?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Rufus and Oberon are both sickened and ready for the smell to dissipate.
    Roark searches for incense.
    Ryl recommends lavender and nightshade for the smell and then brings forth Vicarus.

While the group was toying with the octopus, Zhou, from the employ of Leonel, walks into the church; Um, excuse me, they have Ms. Alice. The um Wobbegang have her. I stopped by her office and a stingray was nailed to her door. That's a sure sign of the Wobbegang sirs and madame. The door was slightly open and her home is trashed. Who knows that they were looking for.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Who's Alice? And why does a gang want her? Maria looks confused, and thankful that the octopus is back in the jar. She faked not caring fairly well, but it smelled nasty.
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Ryl looks at the creature in the jar as he thinks of the connection between the marine life and wonders if this could have been the gang warning them to stay out of their business. "It should not matter who this young woman is, if someone has been kidnapped it is the duty of those with power to act is it not? Asmendous believes that when the Law refuses to act in a lawful way, it falls upon those who know his will to bring the law to the lawless and serve out punishment to those who have been judged." Ryl explains, having been a victim of being attacked for no reason himself, and searching for the remainder of his family, he would hate for someone to ignore them when they were in need, and as such could not walk away from such a calling.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria glares back. Didn't say anything about not helpin' did I? I did not. Knowin' why they're after somebody tells ya enough ta make it worthwhile ta find out. Are they gonna kill her? Sell her into slavery? Bit o'docklands justice?
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark mutters to himself as he searches his church for something to clean out the church. "Lavender... nightshade... I'll have to pick up some of the latter, perhaps when matters have calmed--" He is shocked into silence as he turns around, catching sight of Ryl's newest ally. "...Nice to meet you?"

Roark is stunned by Zhou's revelation. "Oh Gods." He takes a moment to compose himself. "We need to find them. Both of them, I mean. Leonel didn't mention any signs of the group being delivered to him, but no doubt they're behind Bella's disappearance as well."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Lore: The Coins to see if Roark knows anything about the Wobbegang: (1d20+6)[23]
    Sense Motive to make sure that Zhou is trustworthy: (1d20+8)[17]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Between his deep breaths, Oberon speaks up. "What do you know about this Wobbegang?" He asks Zhou. "Would a squid be a symbol of theirs, and does it mean anything? I mentioned before that I thought it had a symbolic meaning, not a literal one..." He pauses and tries to hold the contents of his stomach.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus's heads snaps up. "What do you mean? When did this happen?" He looks at Oberron, a worried look on his face. "Oberon, she is a friend of mine. I need to find her - I owe her a debt after her mother helped me in the past.". He gulps, still retching after the weird octopus, "What do you guys know about this gang, I've not heard them before,"

Spoiler: Know local
    Show

(1d20+5)[18]

He checks the gun at his hip, a curse on his lips.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria is curious about Alice and why a gang would want her. Then, wonders what Alice's fate might be after Ryl instructs on the virtues of lawful behavior.
    Ryl considers a connection between the octopus in the jar and the kidnapping of Alice. He also instructs Maria in lawful behavior and duty.
    Roark searches for something to generate a more pleasant aroma in the church. He is also startled by Zhou's revelation. Roark has a hunch that Zhou is trustworthy and believes his tale to be true. He has only heard of the Wobbegang is passing and has no true knowledge of them.
    Oberron turns his attention to questioning Zhou and awaiting his response. The thought of the smell turns his stomach.
    Rufus also questions Zhou and finds his emotions spinning in all directions. Alice was a friend and confidant. She was also an excellent investigator and known for her precautionary approach. Still bothered by the smell of the octopus, he exclaims for any recollection of this gang. Thinking back to his past life, before he left Absalom the first time, Rufus recalls some notoriety of the Wobbegang; named for the Wobbegong, a species of shark known for its masterful abilities of ambush, Rufus remembers the gang working in groups of 7 or 8 with great teamwork and cooperation to accomplish both simple and complex goals. Mostly young turks at the time, the bulk of their number were of Chelish heritage with a flare for the dramatic, often leaving creatures of the sea as their calling cards.

Zhou is more than nervous as questions come at him from both Oberon and Rufus; Well, sir, I know the gang, the Wobbegang puts all manner of sea-loving creatures on peoples doors as warnings at in their mouths and such when they choose to kill'em. And, I know that my cousin Chan was killed by them for crossing the gang on dealing demon dust. They mainly stick to the Puddles, I've heard. Squids might be used by them, sure. I don't when it happened, I just stopped by her office. This church was the only other place I heard mentioned in the discussion with master Leonel. Is there any other way I can help you masters before going back. I'm much saddened by your loss, but um, maybe Ms. Alice is still alive. That's more positive thinking I suppose. Zhou holds his hat and looks down toward his worn shoes.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon clutches his stomach, and stands up slowly. "No point wasting any more time then, let's make haste. Last question, Zhou. Do you know where this gang's turf is?"

[spoiker="OOC"]Our only lead is the Doxy, so unless Zhou gives us something else, or someone else knows their location, maybe we hit up that place? Anyone got better ideas?[/spoiler]

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

"It is pleasant to make your acquaintance as well." Vicarus responds in a voice like rumbling rocks sliding down a mountainside. His speech slow and careful, as if he were taking his time to choose each word before he said them. " If it is Ryl and Obbren's wishes to save these people I see no reason not to help in this endeavor. However talking does not solve anything, actions do." "We need to find them first Vicarus, unless someone here knows where these people hide, after all I am still new in town."