New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

This is probably good ^^ I could do without the (gummy) snakes though. What do they add?

But still my salivary glands like this idea, so who am I to censor them?

Rawhide, can you mail me one to Argentina? .RAR it so it takes less space.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Go figure. Wikipedia tells me that snakes are native to Australia.

Here is a picture:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those'd be gummy worms here. Thanks for the clarification.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

The snakes are really mostly there for giving the rum balls a Christmas theme (ie. the red and green), though they do add flavour.

They can be left out if you prefer, also the white chocolate can be substituted with milk chocolate or possibly dark chocolate.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Why do I feel throgoughly confused. Gummy worms do rule.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    WOK, anyone who didn't already know about this, raise your hands.
    >keeps hands firmly at sides<
    So cute >.<

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    >keeps hands firmly at sides<
    So cute >.<
    Same, and that what you call tact? You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

BOOK!!!!! BOOK!!!! BOOK!!!!

*has finally gotten her nose out of it long enough to post*

*does the happy jumping book dance*
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

8. - Top - End - #1058

We've had ours for.. going on 3.5 hours now. And I haven't read a single page of it.. Hmm. Odd. Ahh, well, I blame it on the fact that it's waay past when I should be asleep, and I'm not tired. Yay.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

9. - Top - End - #1059

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    Same, and that what you call tact? You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back.
    I've been meaning to talk to you about that... you shoudl really think about getting it removed.
    And when did I ever claim to be tactful?

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

@^: No, no, I was talking about keeping the relationship on the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

Ooh, what kind of book? School books, comic books, books for clowns, horse bookie got you down, booking on leaving town, book worm making you squirm?
    Last edited by SDF; 2007-07-21 at 03:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I do believe Lilly will be unavailable for moderating until she has finished a book she reserved in December.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #1062

DL? Down Low?
    This morning at work my coworker pulled me aside and informed me of the library's new policy that there would be no reservations taking for the new [refuse to add to the number of times the title will appear on the internut] book until they actually get it. Waddayano, sometime later a little girl came in asking if she could reserve it...

13. - Top - End - #1063

I'd had the book for two whole hours when I posted .

And seriously I wasn't the first to reserve it. I had a friend who reserved it 3 days before I did.
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

14. - Top - End - #1064

Were we being, like, this obvious?

I thought my small hints were being quite subtle.

* devises daring plan to move to Europe to be closer to her Khan.
    Last edited by SMEE; 2007-07-21 at 08:41 AM.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Ah, the victory call of the one-legged bibliophile Emu, a rare species native to the bookstores of New Zealand...

Would This be the new *shudder* HP book perhaps?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    No dont fall under the books spell Its a terrible pun I'm sorry
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

WHEEE!!!!

Harry potter, read whole book in 8 hours...Fun fun!!!! I should have done it quicker...I blame tiredness...

Anyway...Did you know that *spoilers and such here*!!! I mean...come on!!!

Yeah...Ermm...Don't talk to me unless you want spoilers...Or at least warn me if you don't.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Hey, it's been a while since I posted in Random Banter...ooo, it's all shiny and new...[stares at the pretty lights]....

...Anyway, to my random-ness, I did one of those silly "What Class are You?" and "What's your D&D Stats?" tests last night and apparantly I'm a True Neutral Halfling Sorcerer..."Hey! That's kinda cool" Thinks I...Sorcerers are my favourite Arcane caster, Halflings are my favourite Core race and you can't complain with being True Neutral. Groovy. Than I did the "What's your stats" one and turned out the following: Str: 15, Dex: 18, Con: 14, Int: 15, Wis: 14, Cha: 9. I Can't even cast 0-level spells! So, according to this test I am the most useless thing on the planet, except maybe a Commoner...Great, wasn't that just a kick in the teeth? I'm so multiclassing to Rogue next level...

[Incidentally, truth be told, the test also said that I was only, like half a point off of being a Monk or a Druid too, so maybe I'm actually a Monk/Druid/Sorcerer...it might be lacking in B.A.B, but at least I'll be able to do something...who knows?]
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Wow, that's one helluva point buy you got there, JP.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Wow, that's one helluva point buy you got there, JP.
    Why thank you! I do my best
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Closed Account

You know, I don't do tact. That's why I never tried giving any hints at all. It's all SMEE's fault. I told her she should have just said it earlier, but noooo, she never listens to me. OK, she does, but not when it comes to subtlety.

So, personal life. I have me one of those. Really nice thing, you all should get one too.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Firbolg in the Playground

I agree. Bk 5 and 6 wre absolute tosh. I've seen better books (with far less filler written in the story by authors I've never heard of. They subsequently changed my whole perception of literature.
    To be honest I loved 1-3, found 4 above average. 5 and 6 were terrible. Subsequently I read those two the day they came out. Haven't since.
    Today I read the last 2 pages of the book. It was cliched, tacky and I'd preicted nearly three-quarters of this stuff already. To sum up: HP7- die hard fans only. And those who want to collect the series. Cliched nonsense. And it was such an innovative series, too bad it succumbed to poopularity and lost it's freshness and originality.
    That's my thoughts on the matter.

Aside from my rant: I'm thinking of starting a thread about; there's no easy way to sum it all up so, conditions. Autism, terminal or genetic disease, people whose lives are made difficult or different by being what people class as 'normal'. For people who have one, know people or just want to vent their feeling on the topic.
    Do you think I should?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I agree. Bk 5 and 6 wre absolute tosh. I've seen better books (with far less filler written in the story by authors I've never heard of. They subsequently changed my whole perception of literature.
    To be honest I loved 1-3, found 4 above average. 5 and 6 were terrible. Subsequently I read those two the day they came out. Haven't since.
    Oh bless you CurlyKitGirl. I'm not *shuddering* at the new book being bad or not, I'm shuddering at the whole 'HP as cultural phenomenon' thing that seems to go along with the release of each volume in this - otherwise unremarkable - children's fantasy series.

I don't hate the books; I do hate the hype.
    I also hate J.K.Rowlings uncanny resemblance to a particularly smug horse.

Aside from my rant: I'm thinking of starting a thread about; there's no easy way to sum it all up so, conditions. Autism, terminal or genetic disease, people whose lives are made difficult or different by being what people class as 'normal'. For people who have one, know people or just want to vent their feeling on the topic.
    Do you think I should?
    I think we had a gamers with autism/Asperger's thread a few months back. Ditto a depression one more recently. Search option is your friend here.

I've nothing against more of the same; I just wonder whether a gaming forum (where we come to escape the hardships and limitations our meatworld lives impose on us) is the most fitting place to discuss such things.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2007-07-21 at 10:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1074

*enters with a gun/silence wand combination, holding the book on the other hand*

Just got it a few minutes ago.
    Reserved it since yesterday.
    Already know who dies.
    let me flavour it.

*goes across the house, and sits on his usual spot in the garden*
    Quote Originally Posted by Khantalas View Post
    OK, anyone who didn't already know about this, raise your hands.
    *keeps there reading, not raising any hand*

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

25. - Top - End - #1075

Oh bless you CurlyKitGirl. I'm not *shuddering* at the new book being bad or not, I'm shuddering at the whole 'HP as cultural phenomenon' thing that seems to go along with the release of each volume in this - otherwise unremarkable - children's fantasy series.

I don't hate the books; I do hate the hype.
    I also hate J.K.Rowlings uncanny resemblance to a particularly smug horse.
    I agree whole-heartedly. When The Philosopher's Stone came out, I read it and didn't like it, and that was just fine. Sure, other people liked it, but meh. Since then, however, with subsequent books and the films, it's like they're constantly rubbing Harry in my face. I don't like that. I don't like that at all.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

I liked the books okay. But I'll be damned if any of the characters dying could make me more sad than when Marvel's Captain America died . I'm not invested enough in HP
    Last edited by zeratul; 2007-07-21 at 11:18 AM.
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Barbarian in the Playground

has any body played kingdom of loathing?
    Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Dude, don't. Not cool. Seriously.

We don't talk about the Great Presidential Necrophilia Incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Wojo is my conjoined twin.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep. Anyways, went to a market today. Found a guy who had a bunch of old/new cd's. I bought Blind Guardian's "Somewhere Far Beyond".

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Is reading a 600 page book in 8 hours healthy...With about 30 minutes to have dinner and get more pepsi and that's the only break...I should have read it faster...Like...6 hours tops...Goddamn non reading mood >.<

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

30. - Top - End - #1080

Hey, folks? Try to keep HP7 talk in the thread in Media Discussion. Quoth the rules of RB,
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy View Post
    3. If it's already a thread, don't bring it to RB. RB has such a huge range of subject matter even restricted to the little snippets that probably don't warrant their own thread, it doesn't need legitimate thread topics cluttering it up as well.
    Normally, I probably wouldn't say anything, but considering the number of people who don't share your opinions on how horrible the series is, I felt the need to mention it.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."