New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui View Post
    Of course not. You're a MOM!!
    Yeah..there is that Sleep does seem to disappear when kids appear...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Halfling in the Playground

in the chaotic disturbing images of my mind

Default Re: Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...

my daily amount of sleep can be anywhere from 5-9 hours, depending on how awake i am and how interesting things are around me.

also just read the book (you all know which one) and im gonna read it again cause i loved it
    background theme music Bow Chicka Bow Bow

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Sleep, free time, quiet, money............ good thing we get something so great in return
    I will either find a way or make one.

We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality- Ayn Rand

Don't you know then, my son, how little wisdom rules the world?

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui View Post
    Sleep, free time, quiet, money............ good thing we get something so great in return
    *thinks*

Headaches? no....that's not it....Backtalk? no...supposed to be thinking positive....(as I look around the morass of toys and books in the living room and his room and at the child I am attempting to convince to get dressed...)

Oh yeah! A little gamer to love and cherish!
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    All the more reason not to have any, I'd say.

But whatever works for you.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's not the "sleeping time" that is so very very good. It's those times when you have perfect wake ups. When you dont actually need to go up and you can just stay in bed for as long as you like, you are awake and fully rested and everything is just soooo good. Who needs drugs when you have these occasional days :)
    Ouche blue beblue schebuuu

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish chef View Post
    It's not the "sleeping time" that is so very very good. It's those times when you have perfect wake ups. When you dont actually need to go up and you can just stay in bed for as long as you like, you are awake and fully rested and everything is just soooo good. Who needs drugs when you have these occasional days :)
    whenever I do this, I normally fall back asleep in 5 minutes, wake up an hour later and repeat.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

I like a nice sunday winter sunday morning where I can just lay in bed most of the morning. Just being lazy.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Went to see Shrek 3 this afternoon.

Ended up seeing Harry Potter instead, because Shrek was cancelled...

Eh well. HP was okay, I guess. One of the better HP movies, and actually made some kinda warped and twisted sense.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw it, it actually was kinda good. Anyways. Yay, I just lost the Game, but not due to Cassies avatar.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Eh well. HP was okay, I guess. One of the better HP movies, and actually made some kinda warped and twisted sense.
    Hmm...In which respect?

12. - Top - End - #1182

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Hmm...In which respect?
    Storywise, you could actually follow it. And some of the special effects were pretty.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't go to the cinema that often. To be honest, the last time I went to the cinema was to see Shrek 2. I am contemplating seeing a movie at the cinema this year though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

I second cassy. On another note, Didn't Dumbly trap Harry inside the water ball in the book to protect him?

15. - Top - End - #1185

Eek. Cassie, have you seen the News? You live in Oxfordshire somewehere right? Have you been affected by the flooding?
    I mean half the flipping UK seems to be affected! Especially Gloustershire, and that area. One place; Tookesbury is completely surrounded by floodwater. It seems like all the rivers have burst their banks.
    I'm glad I live where I live. i.e. Not near the flooded areas.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

We had that bit of bad rain earlier this week. Now it has been nice and sunny. I recommend Finland. It rules... *Is totally un-biased*

17. - Top - End - #1187

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Eek. Cassie, have you seen the News? You live in Oxfordshire somewehere right? Have you been affected by the flooding?
    I mean half the flipping UK seems to be affected! Especially Gloustershire, and that area. One place; Tookesbury is completely surrounded by floodwater. It seems like all the rivers have burst their banks.
    I'm glad I live where I live. i.e. Not near the flooded areas.
    Meh, I've heard about the flooding. But I live in Cambridgeshire, on what is technically a hill! So I avoid it all! Yayz!

Although one of the villages nearby floods loads...which is annoying...
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

18. - Top - End - #1188

We, well our village/town got flooded once. It was the time Boscastle flooded (not this year but the one a few years back). It was mostly sea, but part rin. We had waves/spray 20' high smashing over the Prom and the Green. It was exhilarating.
    Some people went swimming on the road near the Co-op and at our nearby Lidl's some kids stole a shopping trolley to go play with the waves and floodwater.
    Other people decided to play Chicken on the front. They were most certainly soaked.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #1189

DrowGirl

Never been flooded. Ever.

Ah yes, the Boscastle floods. Those I remember...

Was soaked on Friday though...spent half an hour in the rain, waiting for a bus. No shelter, only a thin coat.

And then more rain on the ten minute walk home.

Was fun though. Got very giggly and hyper. As I always do when stuck in the pouring rain.
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

20. - Top - End - #1190

Never been flooded. Ever.

Ah yes, the Boscastle floods. Those I remember...

Was soaked on Friday though...spent half an hour in the rain, waiting for a bus. No shelter, only a thin coat.

And then more rain on the ten minute walk home.

Was fun though. Got very giggly and hyper. As I always do when stuck in the pouring rain.

Hehheh. Hasn't even rained here all week. Except for a light shower on Wednesday.
    I love the rain too. My family say I'm weird, but I love it when it rains or is dtormy. Then you can go for a walk along the front, or stand under some trees and watch everything. I love the rain.
    Thunderstorms are better though. The closest we've had to one is that torado inDevon this week though. Seeing as Cornwall is my County, that's pretty far away.
    *Curses the absence of thunderstorms* but is glad she isn't flooded.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #1191

It was raining heavy today, where I live, I stood outside for a while and enjoyed it
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.

22. - Top - End - #1192

Ah, those stupid freakin' Boscastle floods, something for me to rant about, put me out of a job for weeks! And I mean, the pub I work at was lucky...

...Stupid National trust though, are even worse. They want, for some reason, to pull down a perfectly reasonable, functioning, authentic bridge and replace it with some plastic crap they've designed in some office up country. A bridge that has now survived three floods (1956?, 2004, 2007), and which, by replacing, they are apparantly contradicting their own charter.

Lucky really, that the villagers are doing their best to stop them, and thus far have succeeded. jeez, what the floods didn't get to, the NT are doing a good job of finishing off...

I quite like the rain, other than that. It's kind of... romantic? Maybe that isn't the word, Ionno.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

23. - Top - End - #1193

DrowGirl

Rain is awesome.

And we've had loads of rain round here...

And it's cold...

It isn't Winter/Spring, Weather! It's Summer!
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

24. - Top - End - #1194

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post

I quite like the rain, other than that. It's kind of... romantic? Maybe that isn't the word, Ionno.
    Not exactly romantic but safe somehow and fun. There's nothing better than playing in the rain, and pushing people trying to shelter in the rain.
    It also makes things very cosy and...close if you know what I mean. It's hard to put into words but if you're inside anywhere (especially school) and it's raining it becomes warm, cosy and safe. you don't want to leave. That's how I can best put it. So, yeah, I suppose it could be romantic as well.

Summer has moved to Cornwall and Devon for her holidays. Noone north of Somerset will see the sun until September.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

25. - Top - End - #1195

People do that, for some odd reason. They get stuck in bad weather and, instead of getting cranky, they get giddy. Back in February, there was a huge blizzard and I was stuck waiting for the bus...with about a hundred other people, all waiting for the same bus (that runs from the campus to the subway line). Cold, snow burying us...and everybody was laughing and talking with each other as we waited for a bus that took an hour to arrive. Instead of being cranky, as we probably would've if the bus had taken that long in perfect sunshine.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

26. - Top - End - #1196

You mean you didn't know? The Sun is a gigantic robot designed by Aliens to send down Grump Rays and skin cancer. Unfortunately, a side effect was giving us the vitamins we need, but they counteracted that by making it so hot it could melt itself retroactively. Unfortunately, a side effect was us being so far it actually allowed us to live, but they counteracted that by vaporising their families.

27. - Top - End - #1197

Of course, the irony is after I posted saying it hadn't really rained here it began to rain.
    And I've noticed that with bad weather. If it's really bad you get a Britain in the Blitz mentality. With bad weather in general everyone gets smily and happy. Might have to do with being stuck in small places or just something a learned proffessor would know.
    Bad weather =happy.
    Good weather brings out the worst in people. Heat rash, bugs, sunburn, it goes on and one. Then people take out their grumpyness on other people; thus tarnishing someoone elses day so they take it out on another person. And so on.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #1198

First of all, a lot of people, including moi, love the rain. Second of all, Brits doing so is an evolutionary trait to keep them from eviscerating each other. Hey, if you controlled a global empire, you'd get cranky if you didn't like the rain too.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

It's raining here...Or at least until a while ago. Now the sky is a weird shade of pink...

It actually snowed here a couple of weeks ago. That's weird. It doesn't snow in this latitude. The last time it snowed in Buenos Aires was like 90 years ago. And they say it could happen again next week...

30. - Top - End - #1200

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    First of all, a lot of people, including moi, love the rain. Second of all, Brits doing so is an evolutionary trait to keep them from eviscerating each other. Hey, if you controlled a global empire, you'd get cranky if you didn't like the rain too.
    Meh. There's a show here called Never Mind The Buzzcocks. A while ago they were talking about Australian bands or something. Then Bill Bailey said "The only reason we got such a bloody big Empire was because w hated the rain. Seriously, all our big developmenst were to get away from the weather. Britain covered a third of the wolrd. Australia invented the rotary washing line and the BBQ and had no Empire. Now do you understand my point." roughly. That made the audience laugh so hard. I laughed too.

@FDL: Beunos Aires is in Brazil somewhere?

Conclusion: Global weather is screwed. Secondly, people talk about the weather when they're bored (stereotypically) but here it's an interesting discussion. Why?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!