New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Timeline [SPOILERS] [NO SERIOUSLY, READ THE COMIC FIRST]

Here's my interpretation of the timeline so far, expanded somewhat from my original version.

Day 1
    • Turn S: Wanda Firebaugh had a bad day (not shown).
    • Turn A: It got worse. Manpower the Temporary got croaked and Overlord1 used chatspeak. Note: Manpower was preparing a counterattack at the time, implying that he was on defense.

Day 2
    • Turn S: Wanda went to Warchalking and uncroaked Manpower (not shown). Note: The next thing shown is her return to Gobwin Knob on a green dwagon and her subsequent conversation with the Overlord; two of A's turns are shown in a row after that, implying that it took two turns for Wanda to get to Warchalking and back.
    • Turn A (shown later): Jillian Zamussels arrived at Prince Ansom's tent and ate outside.
    • Night (shown later): Jillian decided to sleep outside too.

Day 3
    • Turn S (shown earlier): Wanda returned to GK and suggested the Perfect Warlord spell to Lord Stanley the Plaid. The Arkenhammer transformed walnuts into pigeons (off panel) and Bogroll assisted a yellow dwagon with target practice.
    • Turn A: Jillian left to recon with a flight of orlies, hit a target of opportunity on the count of three and used the top hat to tell Ansom. So, he dispatched Sir Webinar and Dora to trail her with the group of heavies that they'd already assembled. The incursion group ended turn in a field (not shown) at the same time that Jillian ended turn in the trees (not shown).

Day 4
    • Turn S: Stanley pulled together a flight of nearby dwagons and captured Jillian while Wanda was at the Magic Kingdom getting the Perfect Warlord spell and Sizemore Rockwell. Stanley yelled garbage at hawt TRON Wanda as she cast the spell and summoned Parson Gotti via the power of PLOT. Ansom gave a rousing speech to the allied war council while Wanda and Stanley the Tool showed Lord Hamster the view from the Tower of Efdup. Wanda left when Stanley eventually got around to telling her about Jillian. A squad of spidews on a return path got squashed by the incursion group. (Incidentally, if they were on their way home from Warchalking then it would imply that they technically won there.) Wanda finally changed clothes, getting out of the bustier-front dress slit high at the sides that she'd been wearing from the beginning and into a white leather dominatrix outfit. Then, she sent Bogroll to Parson while Stanley and Parson reviewed the troops. Finally, Stanley ranted.
    • Turn A: The incursion group took the road (not shown), found Jillian's magic items and used the top hat to send a message to Ansom before he ended the turn. Ansom sent every flying unit with move to the front of the column (not shown) and contacted Charlie (not shown) while Prisoner was getting "the very hard way" (shown earlier).
    • Night: Parson was tutored by Sizemore while Bogroll made some armor for him. Parson slept in a cloth golem skin (SO CUTE) while Wanda continued torturing Jillian. At some point before dawn, Wanda changed into a skull-print, low-cut spaghetti-strapped shirt and low-rise pants.
    Day 5
    • Turn S: Parson got his first Stupid Meal (toy: 3-D glasses that reveal unit stats to him). Then, Wanda changed into a butch schoolgirl outfit and flew Jillian out on a green dwagon, letting her off near the incursion group.
    • Turn A: Charlie's Archons arrived at the incursion group. Most of Ansom's fliers (including orlies, gwiffons and unipegataurs) split from the column to join them; Ansom and Vinny Doombats stayed behind.
    • Night: Wanda, wearing the relatively sensible outfit from that morning, showed Parson to the GK library. Wm. Shakespeare narrated a peaceful montage as Parson fell asleep studying battle histories. Then, Parson woke up inspired and Misty the Lookamancer helped him plan the next turn until Wanda showed up in a backless number with cleavage window.
    Day 6
    • Turn S: Wanda changed into (and then out of) a short skull-print kimono to distract Stanley. Parson placed the dwagon wheel and destroyed Alliance siege units while eating his second Stupid Meal (toy: magic bracer interface for his calculator Mathamancy watch). Then, he got tutored by Sizemore again until the Tool interrupted in a Hef robe.
    • Turn A: Vinny sacrificed a half dozen more doombats to scout each hex of the dwagon donut of doom. Ansom, sporting an Evel Knievel getup, led the Woodsy Elves and forest Gumps into heavy woods to punch through the weak hex on the far side of the ring. Stanley & Co. watched events unfold on the Trimancer display in the situation room.
    • As Always: We continued analyzing the crap out of it all.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-07-14 at 05:51 AM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Timeline [SPOILERS] [NO SERIOUSLY, READ THE COMIC FIRST]

Wooo! A timeline, and with a bonus fashion review thrown in!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

I did an earlier attempt at a timeline, organized by pages (and not updated since page 44).

The one point of your timeline I'm not sure of is whether Wanda's trip to the Magic Kingdom was a turn after her meeting with Stanley, or continuing the same turn. Arguments supporting the latter:

1. She's still wearing the same outfit: If there was an intervening night between her conference with Stanley and her trip to the Magic Kingdom, she presumably would have returned to her room to sleep, and thus had adequate opportunity to change clothes in the morning.

I can't see why she'd put the same outfit on again; it's not like she doesn't have a decent (and not-so-decent) wardrobe. (Digression: since the daily "reset" apparently cleans and repairs clothing -- note Jillian's sleeves before and after -- most Erfworlders might get by with a single set of clothes unless they care about fashion (Wanda) or have reasons to get cleaned up more often (Sizemore).)

2. She hasn't used up her move: She rode a dwagon back to Gobwin Knob after picking up and uncroaking Manpower. After her conference with Stanley, she has at most used up a bit of move going from the landing point to the Tower of Efdup, and should have sufficient move left for getting to and from the portals on each end of the Magic Kingdom trip.

3. She wants to make sure it doesn't get booped up at the last minute: Stanley himself warns her "Don't make me change my mind". It's probably prudent not to give him time to fret over the cost and/or run into her and question why she hasn't carried out his orders yet.

It doesn't really affect things much either way; up until the two timelines are first connected (via Jillian's capture) their events proceed independently (except insofar as they are shaped by the overall situation of the upcoming attack on Gobwin Knob).
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-07-18 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Further thought

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Has it already been six days? wow time flies when moving slow.

Very cool. Good job!
    Last edited by North; 2007-07-18 at 12:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    I did an earlier attempt at a timeline, organized by pages (and not updated since page 44).
    Ah, forgot about that.

The one point of your timeline I'm not sure of is whether Wanda's trip to the Magic Kingdom was a turn after her meeting with Stanley, or continuing the same turn. [snip]
    My page order would've been:

A: 2
    N:

S: [Wanda's unshown flight to Warchalking]
    A: 7
    N: 8

S: 3-6
    A: 9-10
    N: [none]

S: 11-33

If Wanda returned from the Magic Kingdom on the same turn that she returned from Warchalking, then for Jillian to end turn in the trees before Parson's summoning, the chronological page order would have to be:

A: 2, 7
    N: 8

S: [Wanda's unshown flight to Warchalking]
    A: 9-10
    N: [none]

S: 3-6, 11-33

Basically, it adds pages 9-10 to the out of order pages. Also, on page 11 Wanda tells Sizemore, "Our turn has started. Why did you make me find you?" Later, on page 13 he asks, "That's what a 350K Shmucker spell looks like?" For him to not know that the turn started, he must've already been there. But, if she'd already Eyebook'd him earlier that same turn to tell him that Stanley was making her get the 350K version then it doesn't make sense to me for her to tell him again that their turn had started.

1. She's still wearing the same outfit: If there was an intervening night between her conference with Stanley and her trip to the Magic Kingdom, she presumably would have returned to her room to sleep, and thus had adequate opportunity to change clothes in the morning. [snip]
    Until page 48, Stanley was still wearing the same thing as on page 4. I think that he didn't change for the same reason that we didn't notice: as with having fingers and fully-depicted eyes, characters only change clothes when it's interesting or matters.

2. She hasn't used up her move: She rode a dwagon back to Gobwin Knob after picking up and uncroaking Manpower. After her conference with Stanley, she has at most used up a bit of move going from the landing point to the Tower of Efdup, and should have sufficient move left for getting to and from the portals on each end of the Magic Kingdom trip.
    It's possible that riding a mount doesn't use up heroes' own move at all. It's also possible that riding uses up their move (floored at zero) along with the mounts' and that they can continue riding even if their own move is zero. I've seen it different ways in different games.

3. She wants to make sure it doesn't get booped up at the last minute: Stanley himself warns her "Don't make me change my mind". It's probably prudent not to give him time to fret over the cost and/or run into her and question why she hasn't carried out his orders yet.
    It's likely that using the transporter to Portal Park doesn't cost move. It would be reasonable for buying spells and training magic to be off-turn+overnight activities like torture/interrogation/winkwink. Perhaps at the end of turn S on page 6 -- oh, of course. *facepalm* Sizemore naturally came to Wanda's yell at the end of that page, took care of the dwagon's mess and then they left together, returning the next morning. Now that makes sense to me.

I'll edit it to reflect that change later.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-07-18 at 04:22 PM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

You should add what we know of Ansom's plan from earlier, with the marbits feint and circling the city. You could even extrapoliate future days so we can see where/when Ansom expects the "game" to be over.