New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Belhaim

Devarre's brow knitted and he began to nod. "Evil fey? Yes. Yes. The Briar Queen herself? Maybe."

He muttered to himself and gestured the party inside the house after him. "Yes, I'll seek Queen Syntira straight away as soon as I'm able. I haven't prepared the right spells. I'll do so straight away. At dawn. I'll Treestride. The Darkmoon Queen is powerful. Very powerful. Once she arrives. Blam. All over for Rhoswen."

Spinning around to face the party, he stuck out a spindly finger squarely at Cassandra. "If it's Rhoswen. She was sealed away in the Fellnight long ago. Long ago. The entrance to her realm is not far from here, atop the falls to the north, protected by a ring of wardstones. As long as the stones remain aligned, nothing can pass between the realms. Couldn't have been the fey that released her. If it's her. The stones would burn like Hell. Powerful retributive magics. Cold iron ore. Go there and examine the circle! Report back. I will remain here and rest my mind; prepare for the morning."

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"Go north to the top of the falls," Cassandra repeated back. "Very well, Master Devarre. I hope to find the wardstones well in order." She turned to go and beckoned to Hammerhead and Margot. "Shall we?"
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

A wry smile crept on to Devarre's face. "She built her demiplane with one foot in the Prime Material, The Shadow Plane and the First World. The Eldest completely broke her plane away from the First World, but the connection here is strong. If the wardstones have been removed, then the passage between this world and the Fellnight is wide open. You'll be able to step inside just by walking beyond the circle. And if this is Rhoswen, I would suspect she bides her time there. If you think you're able, you could seek her out there and end this swiftly."

4. - Top - End - #964
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    Cassandra

"Go north to the top of the falls," Cassandra repeated back. "Very well, Master Devarre. I hope to find the wardstones well in order." She turned to go and beckoned to Hammerhead and Margot. "Shall we?"
    "I believe we shall."

Hammerhead then turned north as indicated, heading toward the falls.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

Following the Dragonfly River north took the remainder of the evening. It was two hours past sunset by the time the party and their weary horses reached the falls colloquially known as Dead Man's Drop. Most people in Andoran knew the story about how Captain Drake meant to retire with the spoils of his career in piracy, but was pursued by the Eagle Knights. Rather than give himself up, or his gold, he leapt from the top of the falls with a chest in hand. Supposedly, there was a small fortune of scattered among the foam and rocks. Of course, people had been telling the same story for half a century and a minority of people knew the infamous pirate captain as Blake, rather than Drake.

On the left, there was the river and the first tier of the falls some fifty feet up. The water emptied into a narrow, triangular pool filled with long tooth rocks. The mist was thickest here, worse than elsewhere in the forest. One could scarcely tell the falls were there at all in the haze, except for the roaring sound and the gap in the treeline. By appearances, the mist was pouring out of the base of the falls itself.

To the right, there was a precarious trail leading up the hill. Glints of fire could be seen through the fog on the pines -- evidently a large campsite.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias, Ellarie, and Kiyoko
    East of Belhaim

As the light and smoke of Elias' fireball faded away, the effect on the bandit patrol became clear. The lead rider managed a staggered step away from them, but before he could move further he was cut down by the red darts that burst from Kiyoko's fingers on command. The bandit patrol was slain to the last, and only one horse survived. Elias felt a pang of regret, for the innocent horses if nothing else, before he knelt down and pressed a wand against the surviving mount, causing its wounds to slowly heal.

"It's too bad we didn't take any alive. They might have provided useful answers."

Ellarie gave a slight cough.

"Actually, I might be able to help with that."

Kneeling down alongside the dead patrol leader, Ellarie cupped his head in her hand and began intoning a slow, funerary chant. As the rest of the group watched, a strange mist began to rise from where her fingers met dead flesh, and with a gasp of remembered breath the corpse's eyes fluttered open. Meeting the unearthly gaze, Ellarie began to ask questions.

Will the other outer patrol approach from the same direction as your patrol?

The voice that responded was faint, but unmistakably human.

"Yes."

"How many hours from now will the main camp expect to hear from your patrol?"

"Two."

"Is your leader a magic-user?"

"No."

As the echo of the last answer rumbled in the corpse's chest, the mist from Ellarie's fingertips faded and the light of false life faded from its eyes. Releasing the dead man, Ellarie stood.

"That's all the answers we'll be getting today, I'm afraid."

"That was more than enough. Come, if they're keeping to Qadiran light cavalry doctrine the next patrol will be here in a little less than an hour. We can set an ambush further up the trail."

"You have another fireball in you, Elias?"

"Unfortunately, no. But I have some other tricks."

Moving far enough down the path to escape the smell of cooked horse flesh, the group prepared their ambush. Sure enough, the second patrol appeared as expected, failing to notice the crouched adventurers until they were within striking distance. A burst of gold and green stars from Elias' hand blinded not only every rider but every horse, allowing Kiyoko to wreak unchallenged havoc among their ranks. Within moments, the second patrol was dispatched. Smiling at the ease with which they had removed ten bandits from the board, Elias looked back at his cousin.

"You see, Philip, the advantage of surprise in engagements like these!"

Wide eyed, the newly minted apprentice and squire surveyed the devastation.

"Is it always this easy, cousin?"

"Alas, no."

Catching the conversation as she returned from her slaughter, Kiyoko interjected.

"I mean, sort of? Other than dragons and that Goladryth thing..."

"And that thing with the tentacles"

"And the wraith."

"How did I forget the wraith!? That guy was a ****."

"Oh yeah that was nasty."

"My take-away from this is that wizards with forethought trump everything else in the field."

"Just about!"

Elias gave Philip a playful punch on the arm.

"Now, lets get these horses and bodies sorted before we move on the inner patrol."

In short order, the adventurers had picketed their horses and began moving deeper into the woods, seeking out the bandits' inner patrol. It did not take them long, but unfortunately just as they caught sight of the five riders the riders noticed them. What followed was a sprinting battle, as Elias filled the warrior women with supernal speed in the hope they would outrun any rider that sought to alert the bandit camp. Aided by a quartet of summoned lightning elementals, Ellarie and Kiyoko cut through the bandits like a hot knife through butter, and the one scout that rode desperately for Sa'di's camp was himself ridden down.

Collecting the horses again and securing the bodies, Ellarie imbued herself with flight and invisibility and moved unseen towards the camp. Flying overhead, she saw a few bandits huddled over a cookfire and a pair of hapless sentries. She returned to the group unnoticed, and as she relayed her reconnoiter Elias pulled a scroll from his bag. Unrolling the parchment, he intoned words of magic his mind was as yet incapable of truly grasping, and before them appeared a swirling vortex of holy energy. Pointing towards the camp, he spoke to the Azata in the language of celestials.

"There is a group of bandits in the camp ahead. Break them."

The howling of wind was the only response, and in moments the Bralani was among the bandits, sending gusts of pummeling wind into their lines. Cries of alarm and Qadiran cursing rose from the camp, only to intensify as Kiyoko and Ellarie charged in as well. The bandits in the open proved little different from those they had encountered on patrol, and fell to the furious onslaught with little effort. Indeed, they proved wholly incapable of landing a blow on Kiyoko or doing appreciable damage to the summoned celestial, and while Ellarie suffered some telling blows it did not slow her onslaught. It seemed their conquest of the bandits would be quickly resolved, before Sa'di emerged on the heels of his red-sashed elites. Taking one look at the blood-stained battlefield scarred by cutting winds and bolts of lightning, the mustachioed bandit could barely contain his fury.

"Who. The ****. ARE YOU!?"

The response from the adventurers was perhaps not what he expected, as Elias loosed his last Glitterdust to hobble the advancing elites. Ellarie proceeded to carve through their number, and while the Bralani engaged the last of the rank and file in its elven form Sa'di charged at Kiyoko. The tiefling warrior had proved near-invincible thus far, but she met her match in Sa'di, whose expert swordplay finally managed to locate the gaps in her defenses.

"Stop killing my men! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXPENSIVE THEY ARE!?"

Suddenly reminded of her grandfather, Kiyko moved to disarm the bandit lord, only for her terrifying no-dachi to be parried away. Another lightning bolt ripped through the remaining bandits, and it became clear that Sa'di was the sole threat remaining.

"Fall back! I will deal with them!"

The Qadiran glowered down at Kiyoko.

"You know, we should call it a draw and get married."

"Heard it before...that too, actually. What dowry are you offering?"

"Your life?"

Dancing to one side, his blade bit into Kiyoko's side.

"That's not worth much. You'll need to do better."

He grunted as Kiyoko managed to block his subsequent slashes.

"You are quite resilient ... for a foreigner."

"I grew up with a rough crowd."

Sa'di proceeded to bat away the strikes of the angry Bralani and dodge a final lightning bolt from Elias' wand, all while blocking Kiyoko's deadlier blows.

"No, really. I enjoy a woman who can take this level of punishment!"

If nothing else, the constant pressure seemed to consume his attention, ensuring no further blows landed on Kiyoko.

"Okay, now you're really starting to sound like my grandfather. It might have been the most unsexy thing you could have said."

"If your grandfather is Qadiran, this explains much ..."

"Tian-Min, sadly enough."

"... what is that, a kind of fancy dog?"

"...yes. Yes it is."

Reconsidering her strategy, Kiyoko declined to continue the exchange of blows. Instead, she reached out to grab Sa'di in a bear hug. Taken aback by the maneuver, the bandit was caught, though the Bralani continued to flail.

"THIS IS VERY FORWARD!"

"IT'S THE WAY OF MY PEOPLE!"

Sa'di attempted to cut through the grapple, to no avail, though he managed to weaken Kiyoko's grip enough for him to push away from her.

"This foreplay has gone on too long. Your friend is prettier anyway!"

"Yeah, but her ex is a pain in the ass. Or so I'm told."

As if on cue, the spirits surrounding Ellarie lashed out and managed to land a blow on Sa'di. They were followed by the Bralani, which finally managed to cut through his defenses. Taking advantage of his distraction, Kiyoko brought a hand to one of her wounds and gathered a fistful of blood that she threw in Sa'di's face, blinding him momentarily. Before he could wipe it away, Ellarie rushed to take advantage, and with a series of mighty blows hacked his head clean from his body.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

7. - Top - End - #967

Hammerhead

Stirring from his sleep, Hammerhead cricked his neck as he awoke, his mithril full plate clinking about as he eased himself up. Walking out of his tent, a frown crossed his face as the recollections of the night previous came to him.

Once they had arrived at the falls, Cassandra had turned into a bird and gone up to look at what they were up against. As it turned out, they were facing no fewer than forty spriggans, and some of the standing stones that Devarre had spoken of were missing. Wanting to warn the archdruid, Cassandra had briefly chosen a campsite for them before flying back - only to return just after midnight, with news that the druid's home had burnt to the ground, with neither hide nor hair of him present.

This needs to end now. None must escape.

Polishing the Last Word, Hammerhead downed a quick breakfast of dwarven traveling rations - cold smoked sausage and salt pork on prime dwarven hardtack, with dried root vegetables as an accompaniment.

Once he had eaten, he then turned to Margot and Cassandra.

"Alright, lasses. It's time to show these murdering brats who's boss."

As they approached, Cassandra enchanted him with two spells - one she claimed would improve his swimming, and another that would allow him to 'swim' through the air. Having been enchanted thus, Hammerhead then produced his most prized treasure from the Dragon's lair - Halkon Honeytongue's flask. Drinking deep of it, he felt the whiskey burn his throat, and then, with a bellow, charged into battle.

"MUCKLE DARMED SPRIGGANS! HERE'RE ME LAST WORD ON BURNING THE FOREST DOWN!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I confess I don't remember the formal name of Halkon Honeytongue's flask, but if I recall, it gives 3d8+5 HP (as per Cure Serious Wounds) and Heroism upon drinking a dose, correct?

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Elias et al
    Southern Fog Hills

The unimaginatively named Fog Hills south of the Fog Mountains were not at all foggy. Rather, there was a perfectly normal amount of atmospheric haze and the peaks were unsurprisingly obscured from the planes. By contrast, the Fog Hills were neither foggy, nor hazy. They were satisfactorily hilly, as the party observed from a distance as they took the long and mostly flat highway east to Yanmass.

"Why do they call them the World's Edge Mountains?" Philip wondered aloud on the eighth day of the journey while attempting to learn to ride side-saddle so as to avoid chaffing, or at least spread it around. He gestured south-east, proving he at least knew enough geography to not get his mountain ranges confused. The World's Edge Mountains weren't visible, but they would be as the party neared Yanmass.

"That's an awfully fatalistic view of Qadira, isn't it? The proper world ends here. If you go any farther, it's just ****ing Qadira. If Qadira's so rich, they must be doing something right?"

Further musing was cut short as a column of riders moved into view from behind a hill and a bend to the east, two miles ahead and headed this way. The banners were hard to make out from this distance, but Elias surmised the green and blue one must belong to House Vallas. Only a Duke could afford near fifty men and horses in glinting plate armor anyway.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"You can be rich and still doing it wrong. Just look at Sa'di! He didn't even offer me a good dowry."
    Kiyoko's muttering was brought to a halt with the arrival of troops. "What do you think, guys? Play it cool? I don't think I've done anything to aggravate the duke, so..."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

The corner of Ellarie's mouth twitched with amusement.

"Yes, well he did think I was pretty, so he wasn't all bad." Her eyes caught the movement of the troops in the distance just as Kiyoko's head turned to the east.

She mused silently for a moment before she nodded in agreement, as she attempted to gauge the number of men headed towards them.

"By all means, let's play it cool. Cool is our middle name."
    Her eyes fell back to her friends as she began a magical intonation with a grin and shrug. You never knew.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Cast Glibness on myself. Dur 80 mins.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2017-02-24 at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Elias et al

As the column of riders neared, Ellarie could count forty-eight men plus a number of servants bringing up the rear. Not exactly a large force, but they all appeared to be well armed and armored. Most of the men wore full plate and bright surcoats from so many noble houses that Elias could scarcely name them all. Among the lead riders, he identified Houses Vallas, Renamir, Octavius, and Ferris. Once they'd drawn to a hundred feet, the first rider set out from the pack a ways and removed his helmet to reveal a mess of wavy auburn locks and a trim beard.

"Well met, travelers! Pray, a moment of your time. I am Lysander Vallas. My men and I seek a band of Qadiran thieves so as to deliver the Duke's justice. Have you heard of them?"

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

She didn't need to fake a smile at the handsome knight, polite and gallant.

"Well met indeed, good Sir! I am Ellarie Chapman. If your Duke's justice meant removing the bandit Sa'di's scoundrel head from his body, then it is a happy coincidence that we have met. My companions and I have come from just that task, with success." She gestured at the others.

"Also, we have come with news of Lady Cassandra Vallas, the Duke's daughter. I would assume you a relation of hers as well. The hair gives it away I think." She smiled brightly, pleased at being a welcome bearer of good news for a change.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Elias, Ellarie & Kiyoko

A half-smile spread under Lysander's bushy red mustache.

Spoiler: Ellarie
    Show
    You detect a momentary wistful or pained expression in Lysander.

"Yes, how is my sister? It's been months since I've seen Cassandra. Is she well? And please, take your time explaining what you mean by 'that task' with the villain Sa'di."

He waved forward the other lead riders, who likewise removed their helmets. The first, in Renamir's colors (white field with a red sunburst) had a long, sallow face. His balding black hair and unpleasant, gaunt expression gave the appearance that he was several years older than he was. Or perhaps he really was much older and had avoided building up any wrinkles by never smiling. The second was a hulk of a man with braided brown hair and a nasty scar across his lips that his beard couldn't hide. He stood out from the other riders not only in his immense size, but in that he was dressed in much simpler armor with no device to indicate which House he served.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Her head titled to one side unconsciously as she tried to discern the source of Lysander's discomfort.

"When we parted, she was quite well yes. She has been knighted by the Duchess of Belhaim for her courageous acts in the service to that town."
    A small smile of reassurance accompanied her words, and covered the remaining bitterness of that occasion.

"As far as "the task" with Sa'di, that same Duchess bid myself and my companions to see if we might be able to deal with the bandits that had been harrying travelers north of town. Those bandits happened to be Sa'di and his band of Quadiran henchmen. There were..." She trailed off and raised an eyebrow at the others in askance.

"What, 38 of them..?" She shrugged.

"It matters little, they have been dealt with and we carry Sa'di's head to show your Father as proof of our deeds." She smiled mildly as though three and a half adventurers taking on ten times their number and coming out ahead was a perfectly ordinary occurrence.
    #Notallinfluencers

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

As the flying cauldron took Margot and Cassandra closer, the druidess lifted up her holly and mistletoe and uttered a few words, calling down a burst of flame upon the farthest group of their enemies (that she could see).

Show
    Alrighty, Flame Strike on S19, S20, S21, S37, S38, and S39. Damage: (8d6)[36]. Half of this is fire, and half is divine. They can make a reflex save (DC 20) for half. Spell Resistance (if any) applies.

16. - Top - End - #976

Hammerhead

Fly-charging toward the nearest Spriggan, Hammerhead let out a roar as he slammed his hammer down on its head from the air.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charging at S2! In addition to Halkon Honeytongue's flask, Hammerhead also downed his Mutagen beforehand, giving him +4 STR, -2 INT, and +2 Natural AC.

Attack: (1d20+20)[39]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[28]

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

Elias, Ellarie & Kiyoko

A look passed between the three men. Lysander grinned. Renamir's man sneered. The one with the braids erupted into barking laughter, either incredulous or just jarringly amused by the prospect.

"You killed Sa'di and his riders?" he asked, wiping away a tear. "You and what army? The foreign devil and the ponce behind you? Or the child?"

Any further speculation about the lethality of Ellarie's companions was immediately silenced as Lysander's gauntlet slammed into the man's nose. He didn't cry out. Judging by the blood leaking down his beard and the unfortunate angle of his septum, Lysander had broken his nose, but he did nothing but glower unhappily.

"Know your place, Garth." Lysander didn't look at him. "These people have done better than disposing of Qadiran filth. They're dragon slayers. Isn't that right, miss?" His green eyes glittered and a knowing smile crept up.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2017-03-01 at 10:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

"Oni."
    Kiyoko interjected from nowhere. "One quarter wind yai oni, if you insist on bringing race into it. I'm not related to any devils."
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Finally spurred into action by the disrespect shown himself and his companions, Elias nudged his horse to stand alongside Ellarie's. Bringing a hand to his breast and conveniently brushing the dragonskin mantle that hung across his shoulders, Elias bowed slightly to Lysander.

"Well met, Sir Vallas. Sir Elias Apion, at your service. We were indeed fortunate enough to participate in ridding Belhaim of its draconic menace, but I would not expect you and your men to abandon your hunt purely on our word."

He reached behind himself to pat a laden saddlebag.

"We have brought Sa'di's head and helm as proof of our deed. You are free to examine them should you wish."

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

Elias, Ellarie & Kiyoko

"Qadiran men smell foul in life. I can't imagine death has done him any favors," Lysander laughed. "I believe you. But, you can show me the head after we eat. I've worked up quite an apatite on the road today and I don't want it spoiled. You'll join us? We may as well camp -- we'll ride home tomorrow and deliver the good news to father."

He turned to give the order for the scouts to find a place to camp for the night, then smiled at Ellarie. "You must tell me the full story. Don't spare any details."

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Her face flushed red in anger as Braids brayed his condescension at them.

"The Qadrians found us quite unassuming as well."
    Ellarie directed her humorless smile at the laughing man.

"Sa'di at least was smarter. Though he is dead as well" Her cold blue eyes turned upon Lysander once again as he sought to ease the tensions Braid's laughter had wrought. She could feel herself relax as his easy laughter and friendly invitation to join their camp soothed her hot temper. She pointedly ignored Braids.

"We will join your camp tonight. And your dinner. Thanks." She brightened as her thoughts turned to the impending meal. She looked at Lysander with some surprise, flattered by his attentions. Her eyes momentarily drifted to Elias seated upon his horse next to her, it was but a seconds pause. She barely registered the motion herself.

"I am sure we would all be happy to regale our adventures once we're settled at camp. But where to begin?" Her grin was playful as she looked to Kiki and Elias for help with their tale.
    #Notallinfluencers

22. - Top - End - #982
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra, Margot, Yandeath

The Spriggan camp exploded into a roiling mass of confusion and anger. Between the screaming and battle cries, any of the spriggans still sleeping were roused and readied their weapons. Some, particularly those near enough to see their comrades incinerated, dove for the safety of the tree line and scrambled for the ever-present briar where they vanished. Near Yandeath, several of the green monsters transformed, growing until they were ten feet tall -- thankfully this seemed to take their full concentration. Others pelted the dwarf with dagger-like thorns that they plucked from their shoulders. Most bounced harmlessly off his armor or missed him entirely, but one caught him under the greave (3 points of damage).

The second hail of thorns targeted the women in the cauldron. None dealt any damage, though one came dangerously close to Cassandra's hair and toppled into the cauldron with a ping.

23. - Top - End - #983

Hammerhead

"Ye'll have to try harder than THAT!"

Hammerhead swung again, heaving the Last Word around.

Show
    Working clockwise! Gonna start off with 24, then move on to 27 if I kill that.

Attack 1: (1d20+18)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[32]

Attack 2: (1d20+18)[38]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[29]

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

Seeing the success of her first column of divine fire meet with success, Cassandra decided her best course of action was to simply do it again.

Show
    Flame Strike on S5, S6, S7, S14, S25, S26, and S33.
    Damage: (8d6)[22] half fire, half divine.
    Reflex DC to halve damage: 20

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

While the spriggans continued to impotently pelt their attackers with thorns (or flee as the injured ones did), four previously unseen fey arrived at the battle. Atop the rocky cliff to the east, two haggard redcaps with longbows sprang from the woods and loosed arrows at Hammerhead, both harmlessly deflecting off his back plate. At the same time, two women emerged from the freezing river, beautiful, slender pale things beneath a mop of long black hair. In harmony, they raised their hands and gestured languidly for Hammerhead to come join them. For a moment, he caught their gaze through the battle, thinking the lasses needed to be saved from the swift, cold river. The notion was quickly dispelled as he realized it was only a fey trick, and these creatures surely wanted to drown him.

26. - Top - End - #986

Hammerhead

"You know what my favorite vegetable is? Summer SQUASH!"

Hammerhead continued to swing his hammer around...

Show
    The first target will be S24, then S3.
    Attack 1: (1d20+18)[22]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[30]

Attack 2: (1d20+13)[28]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[34]

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"Mind the Redcaps!" Cassandra shouted to Yandeath before casting another spell. "They're nasty little creatures!"

Show
    Flame Strike on S17, S18, S19, and S36.
    Damage: (8d6)[23]
    DC 20 reflex save for half.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

Having expended their only trick that could have turned the tide of battle, the twin kelpies hissed, revealing a mouth full of black fangs, before darting back beneath the water. Meanwhile, Margot loosed a dart of glittering energy at the Redcaps on the hill where it exploded in a shower of minute glassy shards. The redcaps guarded their eyes for a moment, then went back to taking pot-shots at Hammerhead. The arrows whizzed by harmlessly.

On the beach, the spriggans didn't fair any better. Another volley of thorns scattered through the trees and only a few clattered against the cauldron of Hammerhead's armor. The enlarged spriggans had gotten their battleaxes ready and flailed at the dwarf was he was still within reach, though they could not find purchase. The bulk of the force who hadn't been pressed into battle retreated into the forest.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

Raising her focal items once more, Cassandra mage a gesture and uttered a few words, calling forth rain of dirt, gravel, and small pebbles to fill a large area, pummeling the enemies beneath.

Show
    Standard Action to cast Stone Call
    Damage: (2d6)[6]
    Area affected is difficult terrain for 8 rounds.

30. - Top - End - #990

Hammerhead

Having run out of puns for the moment, Hammerhead swung at the only remaining giant Spriggan next to him.

Show
    Both attacks are on S1.

Attack 1: (1d20+18)[24]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[28]

Attack 2: (1d20+13)[15]
    Damage: (2d6+25)[32]