New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Belhaim

Cassandra

"I guess this is where we part for now, Deputy," whispered the woman to Yagenas. She handed Cyril's reins over to the man and dismounted. Patting Cyril's flank before bundling up the goods and heading toward the cave opening, she gave him a serious look. "If this doesn't work, and I don't come back, look after Cyril for me, would you?" Then she turned and walked slowly toward the cave, overburdened by the goods.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

Glancing at the horse, Yagenas shrugged before placing his musket on the ground "Not exactly the best parting gift, but it'll do. Keep safe, Cassandra. I'd rather not see more of my friends get hurt."
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2016-12-11 at 09:45 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

After she was led into the cave, Cassandra was stopped by the kobolds and instructed to speak her piece. Laying down the goods she'd brought, she took a half-step back from them and smiled. "The Baroness of Belhaim brings greetings to the Blood Vow Tribe. I, Cassandra Vallas, speak for her in this. I have brought gifts from my lady to see you through the winter: warm furs, dried meats, and potatoes." As she named the items, she slowly undid the ties holding the bundles together and lifted the items up for display. "My lady Baroness gives you these with her good will, and promises the same thrice more through the winter to help your people survive, if you release our last warrior to us. His strength is needed to serve the village through the winter. If he is released to me today and arrives home safely, the Baroness agrees to leave your tribe in peace, and will not hinder your removal from the area once the spring thaws come." Cassandra leveled her gaze at the spokes-kobold and then bowed in supplication. "I ask you to please do this, so that our people may remain at peace. Your tribe and the Baroness' tribe have suffered enough from these hostilities. Return our warrior, and let us live in peace."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+14)[32]

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra

The kobolds convene within the mouth of the cave. After ten minutes, Night Tail herself emerges to announce. "We will let your warrior go free today. But we want beats and more meat next time." The slender young kobold looked very pleased with herself for her hardball negotiating style.

"And eggses!"
    a voice called.

"Yes. And chicken eggs," Night Tail repeated.

Assuming Cassandra agreed to provide more food, and the kobolds favorites this time, Deputy Antilles is pushed out towards her. He seems sleep deprived, but unharmed, if still bound and completely despoiled. The poor man only had his long underwear on.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"Very well," Cassandra replied. "I will tell the Baroness what you have said. Do know, however, that attempting to kidnap anyone for additional ransom will constitute a breach of the agreement, and subject you to retribution." Then she bowed again and left with Deputy Antilles. Helping the man up onto Cyril, she touched his knee, removing any feeling of coldness.

Show
    Endure Elements on Wedge.

After taking her leave of the kobolds, the three returned to Belhaim, and Cassandra went straight for the Baroness' residence. After reporting the success of the mission and receiving reimbursement for the expenses incurred in purchasing the materials for the kobolds and receiving instruction on the next three deliveries, Cassandra inquired about the local druid. Apparently Master Kell hadn't been seen in town for two months, though knowing how some other druids enjoyed their solitude, Cassandra was not so surprised. "Well, perhaps I will visit him on a warmer day then. As it appears I will be staying in Belhaim at least through the winter, are there any other tasks you would have me do? If I am going to be imposing upon your town's hospitality, I may as well make myself useful."
    Last edited by Othniel; 2016-12-12 at 10:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone
    Afternoon

Irrespective of how everyone had decided to occupy themselves in the afternoon, a shuddering roar washed over the town like a dozen successive thunderclaps. All at once the smell of rot began to crawl through every window. Once the sound subsided, terrified, revolted scattered screaming could be heard from those unfortunate enough to have found themselves outside. Most did the sensible thing and ran as fast as they were able. Others collapsed, so sickened by the smell or completely overcome by the sight of the thing that now hovered over Belhaim.

The voice that followed matched the roar in volume. It was the sound of twisting medal and breaking stone. "I am Aeteperax and the true lord of this realm! And you, mewling apes have exhausted my patience. The wizard Hunclay promised me many things before his death, including five rare and ancient tomes. I have made efforts to obtain these lawfully and by subterfuge. Thus, my forbearance is at an end. You shall frustrate me no longer!"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eren

Looking out the window, Eren was immediately greeted with the sight of a colossal black dragon with tattered wings, circling over the town. His eyes widened to the size of saucers, and his mouth dropped open.

"Oh, bugger."

Quickly turning to Cassandra, Ioseph, and Yagenas, he spoke with a highly desperate look on his face.

"Okay, so, I don't know about you all, but I have no idea how on earth we deal with a dragon that size. I'm pretty sure that thing will just laugh at anything I can throw at it - but I can't just run away, either. So if you have any ideas, I'm all ears."
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-12-14 at 12:19 AM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

Letting out a very soft giggle, the bloodrager leaned over to her companions and whispered, "I think we can take him."

One did not need to be an expert at reading body language to tell that she was not serious. Indeed, she wasn't fully convinced her grandfather could take this thing down, and that... was really saying something.Unfortunately, she felt that her destiny wasn't going to let her walk away from this one. That just simply wasn't how it worked.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

The druidess had returned to the Piper after placing her order for custom armor. She sat with Eren and several others, avoiding the cold and the snow outside. Then the dragon came. As it made its presence known, Cassandra reflexively grabbed Eren's arm and shrank down in her seat. It was a moment before she found her voice. "Wouldn't a promise be void upon death?" Cassandra prompted the Inquisitor. Quietly. Oh, so very quietly.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Almost dizzy from the sudden turn of events, she crouched in a building's shadow. Occasionally she would work up the courage to peer up at the great fearsome beast.

Elias do you know what books he's talking about? We've found an awful lot of books lately." She found that she had begun to tremble. Whether from fear of the Dragon or the shock of recent events, she couldn't be certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

Casually flirting with Talia as the hours passed, Yagenas was greatly surprised to find that his day wasn't made worse by a bunch of mewling or treacherous kobolds, but rather by a giant booming voice and the smell of rot in the air. Gagging for a few seconds, Yagenas issued the lovely lady off to whatever could comparably be seen as safety in the situation, drew his musket, and went to the nearest window to look outside. What he saw only reconfirmed the fear in the back of his mind, and briefly he trembled in his boots. He imagined death in a thousand ways, each more horrifying then the last, and then imagined what would happen if he didn't die but rather was taken alive or was simply animated from the dead after he was brutally murdered. Sweat crept along his brow and he gripped his firearm so tightly that a tiny voice in the back of his head nagged at him to make sure it didn't accidentally go off. Loosening his grip, he commanded his feet to remain still, pulled his cowl and helmet over his head, and proceeded to walk to the front door of the inn before turning back to the others.

"If I die, remember me fondly."

Kicking open the door, he stepped outside with his musket gripped firmly in both hands and shouted up to the dragon.

"My names Yagenas Tulwin! I'm an Armiger of the Order of the Nail and a contracted enforcer of the law for this town! Hunclay didn't mention anything about tomes before he croaked, but if you could elaborate on those I can see into the matter for you!"

Mentally he began to utter every single prayer to Iomedae he knew.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #252

Eren

Eren resisted the urge to be pendantic and point out that it would depend on the nature of the promise and what sort of contract was involved, deducing that doing so would likely not meet with good results. Instead, he replied thusly:

"Regardless of whether it is or not, he doesn't much look to be in the mood to argue over such things."

But Eren was then taken aback as Yagenas, apparently with balls of steel in hand, went outside and called up to the dragon itself.

Eren briefly gaped.

Can't let him face it alone.

Then ran outside, bow also in his hands, but not pointed up at the dragon. Summoning all his strength of will, he felt as if he was in mortal peril as he looked up at the primal serpent, but somehow managed to not run away.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-12-14 at 12:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

The Tiefling blinked in surprise when Yagenas burst out the door, grinning feebly. Well, I did always want to see a guardsman get eaten by a dragon, and it never happened in Kalsgard...

Her mind quickly shifted back to the question of the books. Yes, they had found a ton of books lately. Books that were apparently really valuable. On the one hand, the smart thing was to just give Aeteperax everything it wanted. On the other hand... there had to be a way to use this somehow. "Don't be too hasty," she murmered. "I mean, what if the dragon reacts the same way to getting what it wants, post-extortion, that I do?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"Yagenas, don't!" Cassandra shouted as the deputy ran out the door, Eren hot on his heels. Brave idiots, she thought. Both were charming enough, and she found herself actually liking them, but running out into the street to talk to an enraged dragon was definitely not rational behavior! Simultaneously terrified and curious, Cassandra silently berated herself for freezing. After a moment, she gathered up enough courage to creep to a window and peered out.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Aeteperax continued, though Yagenas felt the thing's gaze pass over him, a look of unfathomable contempt, "You will find these books for me. Four Osiriani. One Aklo, entitled Secrets of the Dreaming Dark. Tear this miserable dungheep of a town apart if you have to. Find these books or your lives are forfeit! The only way you wretched creatures shall escape my wrath is to deliver these tomes to the Monastery deep within the fen. Bring with you also every coin, every magical trinket, every scrap of wealth as penance for my vexation. Do this within one week and you shall have my mercy. Fail me and I will return to kill every thing that stirs here down the last fetid infant! I shall have what was promised or no stone shall lie atop another and only foreign bards will keen for you!"

With that, the decaying monster began to return towards the Dragonfen with a final warning, "My minions shall guard the roads to ensure you remain productive and penitent."

16. - Top - End - #256

Eren

As the Dragon left, Eren found himself letting out a long and shaky sigh of relief.

That thing's skeletal, the skin's nearly hanging off - must be undead. We can't let it have its way, we can't - but can we summon the strength to stand up to such a menace?

Then, the kobold sorceror began laughing, and he clenched his fist. He looked to Yagenas, a meaningful look on his face.

"How do you feel about paying our little friend a visit, Deputy?"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Eyes fixed on the draconic horror looming above them, Elias's mouth did not drop into a rictus of horror like some around him. Rather, it curled into a frown. Half listening to Kiyoko, he muttered under his breath.

"It's a trick."

Returning to his surroundings, he looked askance at the bloodrager.

"Why would Aeteperax lower himself to extortion? The wyrm was ancient in life - if he were truly risen his fell power would only have grown. Far more efficient to kill us all and have his minions tear the town apart at his leisure. And those three figures we saw flying towards town, far smaller than a dragon. Yet the ideal size to fit inside an illusion. And charlatans are far more likely than Ancient Raveners to suffer the indignity of using so small a tribe of kobolds as patsies."
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2016-12-14 at 01:30 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

She gave Elias an ongoing odd look. "Wait, your dread nightmare beings don't have to tiptoe around their goals using a hundred cats-paws and a thousand pawns due to ancient and unbreakable deific laws?" She blinked, thoughtfully gazing into the distance. "...must be nice."

She had just enough time to mentally kick herself for not seeing through the trick right away when she heard the scream.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

A trick? Ellarie looked up at the fetid beast.

"Looks real enough to me." She muttered though her eyes were on Elias and not the dragon. I trust Elias, Elias is real. He says the dragon is not real. She took a deep breath to still her trembling and tried to gaze up at Aerteperax through Elias's eyes but it remained concrete to her, ancient and indomitable.

"You're really sure about this?" Her eyes remained fixed on the dragon.

"Either way we can't let it have those books, can we?" The question was rhetorical, the more obvious question was why they wanted them.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2016-12-14 at 02:52 AM.
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas and Co.

Having passed out quickly after confronting the immense dragon, Yagenas was brought back to the world of the waking through the spurring of Cassandra and Eren. “Oh…. Oh gods, I… I had the craziest dream. There was a MASSIVE black dragon in it, and you were in it, and you were in it, and that one foreign lady was choking me for some reason…. Why are we outside? He grumbled as he began to pull himself up, Cassandra slowly tutting at the foolhardy deputy "Because, you silly brave fool, you ran out to confront a dragon. And, light of it, I feel like I have made a terrible mistake in persuading the Baroness to treat with the kobolds."

Helping Yagenas to stand, Eren nodded his head and chimed in "I am equally to blame in that regard, milady." Having finished processing the situation and overcoming his shell shock, Yagenas began to wipe himself down and pick up his gun before attempting to regain some of the heroic composure he put on to confront the undead beast “Oh…. OH. Well, uh, of course I did! Average day for a Hell Knight and… and all that.”

"Come, lets get you something to steady those nerves."

""We'll need if it we're going to make any semblance of a plan." Eren added, once more physically reinforcing his words with a nod. Whatever relaxation they might have hoped to gain however was shattered as the air was pierced by Talia screaming for the guards. Musket flying to his standard holding position, Yagenas bolted towards the scream without hesitation, Cassandra and Eren following closely behind the fervent Armiger. The three of them found Talia in the common room of the Piper with her hand on the Man in Blue's wrist, the foreign tiefling Kiyoko hovering around the scene.

"What happened!" Yagenas blurted out, his eyes flashing back and forth between Talia and Kiyoko.

"It's not him! It's some kind of magic! Why would you ..." Talia stammered out before the Man in Blue jerked his wrist free, her eyes still locked on him as if he were the most horrifying thing she had ever seen. Not wishing to see the poor woman further distressed, Yagenas interposed himself between Talia and the Man in Blue whilst Cassandra began to examine him.

"We could address the situation if, and only if, we knew what the situation is," Cassandra said with the quiet strength of a noble lady. Regaining enough of her composure to continue, Talia spoke once more but still kept her eyes locked in place "I hugged him and, it's it's not him! He's got a tiny waist and a slender wrist and ..."

Brushing her off, the Man in Blue interrupted her rambling with an incredulous declaration "She's just upset from the dragon, I haven't done anything to her!"

"Alright. First off, everyone shut up. Second off, who exactly are you? And third off, why are you hugging this stranger?" Yagenas' voice couldn't help but eek a slight bit of jealousy near the end.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2016-12-14 at 04:52 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

"I am Count Valere. I came in and she was crying. She grabbed me and became hysterical. I did not do anything to her I swear. She needs the attention, not me." The man took a half step back and gave Talia a curios expression as if concerned for her mental well-being.

Spoiler: Eren
    Show
    You recall the man's accent and mannerisms from yesterday rather well. Something's off about it, but you lack the specific knowledge of dialects to put your concern into words. Possibly he's come down with a head cold and he's terribly congested; his voice is raspy.

"I ... you ..." Talia trembled and a blush crept onto her cheeks. "We're not strangers," she said through clenched teeth, "I know what he ... well go on, feel yourself! He's magicked up! That's not a six-foot man standing there!"

As Yagenas moved to grab the man's shoulder, he lurched away again and looked dreadfully indignant. "I had hoped for more discretion in my choice of a dalliance partner. Nevertheless, I demand to be treated with the dignity which is my right by station. For a noble to be manhandled in a country inn! Are we in Taldor, or are we in Daggermark!?"

A poorly aimed teacup shattered against the far wall, missing the Count's head by several feet.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2016-12-14 at 06:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

Calmly watching the exchange from the vantage of a bystander, Cassandra almost casually stretched out a hand toward the man naming himself as Count Valere. She concentrated with her spell, trying to magically ascertain if there was something to Talia's claim.

Show
    Detect magic on Valere!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Yagenas

Looking between the two of them rather flabbergasted, Yagenas' brow furrowed until finally his gnashing teeth could hold back words no longer

"Listen, sir, I literally just came from shouting at a ****huge undead dragon threatening this entire town, and I rushed over here to make sure my friend and accommodating host wasn't in harms way. Now whether or not you actually are who you say you are, quite frankly I don't ****ing care because on the list of **** I have to deal with right now this is so low it has to be put on an entirely different piece of parchment. Now allow me to test this woman's allegations against you or I'll actually manhandle you."

He stared at the man, his face twisted up in an expression of sheer annoyance and incredulity that Yagenas went from facing down an undead black dragon wyrm to dealing with this in less than ten minutes.

Show

Intimidate:(1d20+9)[12]

Pretty sure I don't have legal deputy-strength to throw at this.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

24. - Top - End - #264

redface Re: Peril & Fame 2: Belhaim

Eren

As Valere and Yagenas began arguing, Eren sized the count up carefully, something clicking into place.

The count's voice... there's something off about it. His accent's changed in a way I can't describe, and his voice is all raspy - like he's coming down with a cold or something. And if Talia is accusing his current appearance of being an illusion - the panicking makes it kind of hard to tell - that would be all the more reason to believe that something's amiss here.

Eren, opting for his own shot at the direct approach, spoke up in a level tone.

"What I believe the good deputy means, My Lord, is that, in the wake of what's just happened to this town, there is a lot of panic going around. Panic and public order don't mix, and we're at our limit already. Now, I understand that you feel your dignity is at risk, what with being manhandled by us... lesser men."
    Eren placed just the slightest bit of sarcasm on the last couple of words. "But it will only take just a second, and you can be on your merry way. Otherwise, well, I don't think you want to be one of the people held back for refusing to cooperate with a deputy and his cohorts at a time like this. People might get the wrong ideas."

"Incidentally, my condolences on your head cold - if I may be so bold as to make that assumption. Your voice sounds distinctly raspier than when we spoke yesterday."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Intimidate (to convince whoever's impersonating the count that the jig is up and he might as well surrender): (1d20+7)[25]

Due to Nef ruling that the implied threat is not strong enough to warrant the use of Intimidate, the roll has been allowed to be kept, but the modifier is changed to Diplomacy, giving a final result of 21​.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-12-14 at 09:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

Propped up against the wall, the Tiefling's expression had gone from guardedly neutral to an exasperated smirk. After rubbing at her temples, she found that the aggravation coming on from the shouting and the posturing and the threats and the flying teacups wasn't abating. Plus, the druid princess was casting divinations now, which meant that this show had a very short shelf life.

So when the man in the blue coat sneered and stated, "I didn't think I'd have to prove my identity to you a second time, Inquisitor," and reached for what were presumably his papers, Kiyoko finally spoke up. "Yeeeeaaaah, I think I'm going to cut this Mystery Dinner Theater short." She levered herself off the wall and pointed to the objects of her attention. The first was to jerk a thumb at herself. "Okay, spoiler alert: I killed the real Count Valere," she pointed at the imposter, "that's Ellarie in drag," her finger drifted to Talia, "that is apparently the village's fourth public mount," and finally to the guards, "And those guys are far too eager to grope another man. What are you, a border partrol?" She straightened and shrugged. "Now, can we please get back to saving the town, or are you going to make this weird?"

Despite having just confessed to offing the late owner of the blue coat, Kiyoko seemed strangely at ease, as though nothing was the matter.
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2016-12-14 at 10:06 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266

Eren

As Kiyoko announced that she knew the man posing as Count Valere was an imposter because she had killed him, Eren turned around, slack-jawed.

Did she just- that has to be a joke.

"...come again?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

Kiyoko shot a look at Talia that suggested that the innkeeper had just indulged in a once in a lifetime opportunity. At the very least, she wouldn't do it a third time. Turning back to Eren, she simply regained her smirk. "Was there a part you didn't get?"

Show
    Intimidation for Talia: (1d20+10)[17]

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

While the town's other newcomers, and much of the town itself, milled about the location of the dragon's deman, Elias raced north to his family's orchard. Running by the time it was in sight, he burst into the kitchen.

"Aunt Flora! Uncle Bernard! Philip! Is everyone alright!?"

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

How had things fallen apart so quickly? One minute she was telling Kiyoko she didn't have to kill the Count, and the next she had watched her plunge her sword into his chest. She fought to keep her composure as she was assaulted with questions and suspicion. Rightfully so. Things had unraveled so quickly she was barely aware of what she was saying. As the errant teacup hit Kiyoko square, her friend's previous words finally sank in and she realized the tiefling had just given up the game. If this horrifying situation could be said to be a game. It certainly wasn't any fun.

"She's telling the truth." Trembling, Ellarie dropped her disguise, her own face appeared, wan and pale.

"Count Valere was hired to steal things from the Wizard's Manor. He might've had the books the Dragon wanted. She's in on it." Her finger pointed accusingly at Talia.

"I didn't know she was going to kill him!" Her face stricken, finally collapsing under the enormous stressors of the day, Ellarie burst into tears and covered her face in her hands, ashamed.
    Last edited by PepperP.; 2016-12-15 at 02:15 AM.
    #Notallinfluencers

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

As the "Count's" disguise fell away, Cassandra let the energies of her spell dissipate. "Illusion then," she muttered to herself. One hardly needed magic to tell that now. Cassandra was satisfied, now that the mystery was solved. Mostly. She'd much rather have figured it out herself, but that was the way of things. Shrugging away the slight disappointment, the Druidess watched the others as the revelation of the man's untimely demise was made. "Huh. Well, I guess he shouldn't have embarked upon a life of larceny then," she said simply, though she cast a sympathetic look toward the girl who had just confessed to impersonating the Count.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2016-12-14 at 11:49 PM.