New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Fire-Cat Homebrew

As a hearken back to OD&D I've decided to include a deadly house-cat for my Lvl 1 adventuring party. The problem is that this is my first time with 5e (Mostly 3.5) and frankly it's been so long since I've dealt with a lvl 1 party that I forgot how squishy they were. Currently I have this.

House-Cat (Enchanted-Fire)

HP: 1d6 (4)
    AC: 14
    Speed: 40ft
    Stats:
    6 // 18 // 10 // 3 // 12 // 7
    Proficiency: Stealth, Perception

Attacks:
    Claws: +3 // (1d4-2) +1 Fire
    Breath: Fire Cone 20ft 2d4 Fire DC 9

The idea is that there is a local magical college in the center of a megalopolis and the students are doing a piss-poor job of managing their experiments. Soot here simply got caught up in one of those and now finds himself running around breath fire and glowing. The poor cat is terrified and can be saved via Dispel.

Thoughts? Criticisms? I'm going for middling-easy on the save and I already had to scale down the damage. (Forgot that 2d6 could one shot the party ) I've debated making the damage a flat 2+1 fire but I think that's covered now.
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Fire-Cat Homebrew

Looks pretty good.

The other option is to just modify the Tressym from SKT.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Fire-Cat Homebrew

I can't help but feel that you are a big Pokemon fan and you want them to fight Litten. :)

I'd suggest the cat's breath work just like Acid Splash; just change the damage type to Fire. Or whatever. ^_^
    Last edited by Herobizkit; 2016-12-26 at 10:57 PM.