New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: You just gained a level in real life! What class would you take?

Now that I've looked him up and actually know who he is, I'd reckon he does share several traits with me. And, if I manage to invent magic(I'm sure it's possible!), that'll cover the "psychic" bit.

As for how many fingers you're holding up, at the time that you read this, none. Unless you have the same mannerisms as Sherlock Holmes, in which case, all(I refuse to form an opinion on the status of thumbs as fingers or not).
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
    As for how many fingers you're holding up, at the time that you read this, none. Unless you have the same mannerisms as Sherlock Holmes, in which case, all(I refuse to form an opinion on the status of thumbs as fingers or not).
    ... one thumb, actually...

My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #363

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    ... one thumb, actually...

...could you hold perfectly still for a few hours? I need to sneak into your home and chop off your thumb to make sure I'm right.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm torn between warlock and druid, if its the only level I will ever get warlock is more bang for the buck. Unlimited at will SLA yes please. However I Am Going to go with druid and hope for more advancement in the future.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

I thought about going Druid, cuz it's a super awesome class. The main thing holding me back from it is that you have to revere nature. I dunno about revering nature. Nature's not really my thing, y'know?

6. - Top - End - #366
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm. I wonder how running for public office would be modified by access to the skill system? I suppose it'd make appearing personable and charismatic during debates easier due to being able to leverage one's Bluff or Perform or Diplomacy, possibly as some sort of skill test?

Could one make the dankest of memes by investing in Craft: Meme?

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    I thought about going Druid, cuz it's a super awesome class. The main thing holding me back from it is that you have to revere nature. I dunno about revering nature. Nature's not really my thing, y'know?
    Yeah, it's one thing to think nature is pretty neat and important and quite another to hold is in such reverence on a spiritual level that you get magic as a result.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2017-01-13 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
    ...could you hold perfectly still for a few hours? I need to sneak into your home and chop off your thumb to make sure I'm right.
    I don't do that even when I sleep. And I rarely sleep.

Yeah, I get this. I don't like getting nature on me, either.

Do Urban Druids have to revere nature, though? I think they just have to revere, you know, not being around nature, and maybe knowing where the best restaurants are and how to find the best parking.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dragonfire Adept
    I chose Draconic Knowledge as invocation

Dragon wings and Entangling Exhalation as feats
    Last edited by Daedroth; 2017-01-13 at 12:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Yeah, I get this. I don't like getting nature on me, either.

I would have totally picked Monk for my class if I could be Tony Shalhoub and get his killer shadow through a prestige class.

Do Urban Druids have to revere nature, though? I think they just have to revere, you know, not being around nature, and maybe knowing where the best restaurants are and how to find the best parking.
    Nah, that's Glass Walkers. You want the "You just turned into a Werewolf! What tribe are you joining?" topic.
    Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2017-01-13 at 08:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I don't do that even when I sleep. And I rarely sleep.

Those might be the 2 best class features available.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Do Urban Druids have to revere nature, though?
    Yes, but for them, human cities qualify as part of nature in the same sense that an ant nest is part of nature.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Firbolg in the Playground

You don't pick your alignment, except by acting in accordance with it.

Well, you wouldn't have known it in the first year, anyway. A few years in, you might start catching on.
    ... A few years in? You mean, when crazy magic (TM) comes online? I figured I'd know in a couple of days, when people came knocking on my door after several people who'd visited this forum / this thread showed off their new powers. At which point, my infinite (14,400/day?) healing powers would be put to use.

And... If alignment is picked by acting in accordance with it, I suppose I need to leave that section blank, as I don't act in accordance with any alignment. So I don't / can't qualify for any classes / feats / whatever with an alignment component. So no traditional tainted sorcerer, even if good / law / chaos / neutral taint were on the table.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    And... If alignment is picked by acting in accordance with it, I suppose I need to leave that section blank, as I don't act in accordance with any alignment. So I don't / can't qualify for any classes / feats / whatever with an alignment component. So no traditional tainted sorcerer, even if good / law / chaos / neutral taint were on the table.
    This is why I'm hitting up Unchained curse oracle before long.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    ... A few years in? You mean, when crazy magic (TM) comes online? I figured I'd know in a couple of days, when people came knocking on my door after several people who'd visited this forum / this thread showed off their new powers. At which point, my infinite (14,400/day?) healing powers would be put to use.
    I mean you wouldn't know for a few years that you're leveling up every year.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean you wouldn't know for a few years that you're leveling up every year.
    Given this forums massive knowledge of meta, I am certain we would realize a marked improvement in the second year. That or those who use multiclass builds would know as soon as new abilities manifested that didn't belong to our previous selection.

Yes, I know a level represents training and the progress their in gained, but a Rogue1/Wizard1 knows he just leveled up. Simply because one can not cast spells without having gained a level as a spellcaster.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

Psion, maybe Erudite.

If I went with psion, what type would be determined by if I wanted to go the shapeshifting route, or the erbauer route, or sangehirn route.

Erudite would almost certainly go with the infinite duration on powers route. Maybe StP for flavor, assuming such even exists in the real.
    Arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshyo ka?

17. - Top - End - #377

RedWizardGuy

First level in Factotum, because I can't not love having all those skills and skill points at my disposal and it's a cool class in general.

Stat allocation would probably go Int 13, Con 12, Str 11, Wis 10, Dex 9, Cha 8. First level feat is Able Learner for the future and bonus feat is... I don't know, probably something to give me some supernatural ability, maybe Dream Scion.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

I would probably go with either Cleric or Warlock for my first level. Aiming for Eldritch Disciple.

Flying, Healing, Allday blasts what's not to like? At least for 3.5...

For Pathfinder classes... either wizard or cleric or magus bard or other 6th caster.
    Last edited by Krazzman; 2017-01-16 at 03:40 PM.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

19. - Top - End - #379
    Halfling in the Playground

Imperious bloodline sorcerer.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Wizard, swapping my familiar for an animal companion. If I figure out that I do gain levels, see if I can't rebuild to Rogue 1/Wizard x, shooting towards unseen seer.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

First, I'm a villain. S'what I do.
    Mmmmmmeh. More like a grumpy uncle.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!