New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1471

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

The Tower Precipice

The top of the tower is a a black slate floor filled with a stormy sky. Nimnarath, the pretender god, is waiting for you.

You're new. So, how is this going to start.

He looks at the paladin

Shall you tell me of the error of my ways? Shall you pass holy judgement and "smite me"?

He looks at Grant

Or shall you cut to the chase and just try and kill me already?

The dark Lich summons a wicker chair, and sits upon it.

Please, deliborate amoungst yourselves on your course of action. I'll be here waiting when you do decide on one.

- - - Updated - - -

((Sorry for the double post, I'm usually better than this))

The colossal creature does not make a move against you, though at this point it is staring at the group. Almost like it's challenging you to charge, but this creature can't have sentience... can it?

It continues to bark a cacophony of dog noises.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    "Uhhh," Devero would frown in complete confusion once he'd reach the bottom of the stairs, first at the stars above where the ceiling should've been then at Naku's excitement, "those things...look quite dangerous," he informs in hope that Naku might not try to get close unless she was ready to fight it as he took a few seconds to absorb everything and continue on.
    The Dark Tower

"Naaaah. I doubt it. They're too cute."

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    She chuckles at Naku's reaction. "My, my, it certainly is a big one, isn't it?"
    "You know what they say. The bigger they are, the more fluff they have."

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post

The colossal creature does not make a move against you, though at this point it is staring at the group. Almost like it's challenging you to charge, but this creature can't have sentience... can it?

It continues to bark a cacophony of dog noises.
    With that, Naku strides forwards, at a decent pace. "Hey there big guy! We're walkin' past now, okeedoke?" She asks of it, spinning her parasol again. "So if you want to let us past, we'll come back and get you some steaks and stuffs! So excuuuuse uuus~"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    Luvon replies, "No one here is going alone." He goes upstairs despite what he said earlier. "Make sure we can kill that lich when we're up there."
    Unfortunately, Naku had slipped down the stairs, and couldn't reply to this, or Steve.
    If she could have, though, she would have said that 'They could both just come downstairs, then we'll all go upstairs afterwards'.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-07-13 at 11:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

The Tower Precipice

The top of the tower is a a black slate floor filled with a stormy sky. Nimnarath, the pretender god, is waiting for you.

You're new. So, how is this going to start.

He looks at the paladin

Shall you tell me of the error of my ways? Shall you pass holy judgement and "smite me"?

He looks at Grant

Or shall you cut to the chase and just try and kill me already?

The dark Lich summons a wicker chair, and sits upon it.

Please, deliborate amoungst yourselves on your course of action. I'll be here waiting when you do decide on one.

- - - Updated - - -
    Steve says "No, I'm assuming that you already know why an entire group of adventurers were sent to kill you. So I'm thinking that I'll just stab you and see how that turns out." Steve raises his shield and gets into a fighting stance. He says to Luvon "Luvon, do what you do best."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve says "No, I'm assuming that you already know why an entire group of adventurers were sent to kill you. So I'm thinking that I'll just stab you and see how that turns out." Steve raises his shield and gets into a fighting stance. He says to Luvon "Luvon, do what you do best."
    Luvon does something that Steve hasn't seen before. "I think doing what I do best isn't ideal right now. So I was wondering, if you're a god, then where are your followers? Priests? A god worthy of such prestige does have them, am I correct?" When he says this he subtly looks around the room, hoping for some strategic advantage.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

((For future reference I'm not cutting anyone off in the Undertower section of the game, it's just that once everyone has posted in an area, I'll respond in that area.))

The Tower Precipice

Other than the wicker chair the pretender God is sitting in, the there is nothing but perfectly smooth floor. The Tower's radius appears to be a hundred feet, and Nimnarath is sitting in the center. The stairs down are near you guys at the northern end of the circle.

Followers? Priests? You misunderstand, for I only take solace in the knowledge that somewhere a person is crying right now. Why would I need priests to spread the word of despair when you are all doing a fine job of doing it yourself. says Nimnarath.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

((For future reference I'm not cutting anyone off in the Undertower section of the game, it's just that once everyone has posted in an area, I'll respond in that area.))

The Tower Precipice

Other than the wicker chair the pretender God is sitting in, the there is nothing but perfectly smooth floor. The Tower's radius appears to be a hundred feet, and Nimnarath is sitting in the center. The stairs down are near you guys at the northern end of the circle.

Followers? Priests? You misunderstand, for I only take solace in the knowledge that somewhere a person is crying right now. Why would I need priests to spread the word of despair when you are all doing a fine job of doing it yourself. says Nimnarath.
    Steve says "I've encountered cultists who have worshiped multi eyed abominations that had animal intelligence. It seems like you would have to actively push away followers."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Wizard's Cottage

The wand that is made of vine begins to glow in a weird way as Gaelin picks it up. As it is fired, a long bright green fresh looking vine shoots out of its end, connecting it to the ground in front of the hamster's feet. The hammy could easily have been hit in the face with the pointed end of the vine! But fortunately, it seems the wand isn't very accurate. A simple flick of the wand would disconnect the vine. Very useful for climbing or something, not so useful necessarily in the confines of a dirty cottage.....

Fendrick feels a little less itchy, but the Prestidigitation acts as more of a placebo effect rather than doing anything... The armour grows to the correct size to fit Felandria; it is a dull bronze colour, but feels very strong. If Gaelin had aimed his vine wand at Felandria, the armour would have protected her adequately from its forceful blow.

Fendrick absentmindedly picks a small black thing from his fur, flicking it across the room before he again suggests that they examine the glowing thing downstairs, or maybe they could continue looking through the trinkets to find someting to help? How about that little bottle of liquid, with just a picture on the label?
    ((*koff8Bitkoff*))

Felandria will examine the liquid.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    The Dark Tower

"Naaaah. I doubt it. They're too cute."

"You know what they say. The bigger they are, the more fluff they have."

With that, Naku strides forwards, at a decent pace. "Hey there big guy! We're walkin' past now, okeedoke?" She asks of it, spinning her parasol again. "So if you want to let us past, we'll come back and get you some steaks and stuffs! So excuuuuse uuus~"
    [Under The Tower]

Devero would normally be the type to rush in and slaughter his foes in a wild and reckless manner, but when it comes to enemies that pose a great risk he tends to remain calm and calculated.

From appearance the creatures seem somewhat simple enough to kill, but their size causes him to think twice, and stand still till his eyes immediately catch onto Naku who rushes in.

"You need to be careful!" Devero release a monster like roar, pivoting his foot to leap forward that unleashes a powerful burst of air as he rapidly soars low to the ground, aware of the gargantuan beasts, but more importantly, worried for Naku's safety.

If any of the creatures attempt to attack her Devero would try to swoop in, grab onto her, and fly into the air to evade the attacks. Otherwise, he would rapidly reduce his speed to remain by her side, still in the air in case he'd have to grab a hold of her to weave through the massive beasts.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-07-15 at 10:50 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Troll in the Playground

[Wizard's Cottage]

((Sorry about that. I forgot about this plot))

Gaelin looks at some of the dust and drinks a strange mixture he was carrying in a flask that's the same color of red wine. After that he says "deprehendre" and his eyes turn completely the color of the drink (Identify). He can now see all arcane information of the dust that isn't hidden by magical means.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-07-16 at 01:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The Tower Precipice

Luvon continues to waste Nimnarath's time. "Well you must have a history with all of this then, especially since you actively avoid followers."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

((Still waiting for dexivier to post for the undertower))

Tower Precipice

Uggh. You guys can not take a hint. Plus this argument is kind of invalid since you guys already know I'm not a god. Why else would your friends be in the basement? says Nimnarath.

12. - Top - End - #1242

Undertower

Cherie has a curious look as Naku strolls on her way. Well, someone who would so casually walk along was either a little touched, or was really not worried about the danger. Then again, it wasn't as though Cherie had much to fear from this creature.

She follows Naku along, ready to make sure this monster didn't decide it wanted to impede their progress.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

Undertower

The creature starts to crouch like a cat ready to pounce. It then stops barking, and lets out a strange noise that sounds oddly like this (See video).

Spoiler: Noise (warning: loud and annoying)
    Show

Any of you with super-hearing (now you know why I asked) will might feel an incredible amount of pain in your skull, like some diminutive fae is smashing your brain with an adimantine hammer.

((Sorry for the godmod. All my fault!))
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-07-16 at 09:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

((Still waiting for dexivier to post for the undertower))

Tower Precipice

Uggh. You guys can not take a hint. Plus this argument is kind of invalid since you guys already know I'm not a god. Why else would your friends be in the basement? says Nimnarath.
    Steve prays "Bringer of Justice, please give my sword the power to destroy evil." Steve's sword glows with a bright light (Smite Evil). He then says to the lich "Enough talk, now I strike you down where you stand" and charges with his shield up towards Nimnarath.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Practice Grounds

A blue beam shoots down out of the sky, materializing into two people, a blonde woman and a male tiefling. Electra smiles at Fayyaad.

"Here we are." The place is a rather good-sized clearing with a small meadow that's been shorn short, probably from Electra's weapons fire. Around the edges, some of the dead trees have been blasted off short by weapons fire, while others have numerous bullet holes in them. The entire clearing is roughly 100 meters by 100 meters, in a roughly square shape. Beyond the dead trees at the edges, larger trees hem the space in, looming over the area. It's quiet and peaceful here, with just a hint of breeze to stir the grass.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

16. - Top - End - #1246

Undertower

The creature starts to crouch like a cat ready to pounce. It then stops barking, and lets out a strange noise that sounds oddly like this (See video).

Spoiler: Noise (warning: loud and annoying)
    Show

Any of you with super-hearing (now you know why I asked) will might feel an incredible amount of pain in your skull, like some diminutive fae is smashing your brain with an adimantine hammer.

((Sorry for the godmod. All my fault!))
    ((All good! Thank you for fixing it!))

Undertower

Naku listens for a moment, then shakes her head, and snaps her fingers.
    What happens next is pretty easy to understand: an adorable set of earmuffs appear on Naku's head, covering her ears. They appear to be solid white, as they're made entirely out of snow, and appear to be fairly tightly packed snow, at that.
    What has scientists baffled is exactly what the earmuffs are doing. Some argue that the space between the snowflakes -- inside of the earmuffs --, is so cold that the vibration of the noise coming through ceases to have any energy left, thus nullifying the sound. Other scientists argue that the crystalline structure of the snowflakes themselves react to the noise, and reverberate with their own frequency that perfectly nullifies the sound.

The end result, though, is the same: Naku shouldn't even hear the noise, post earmuff-ing.
    She does look around at her companions, though, and will gladly offer another pair to anyone else that seemed to need them.
    Otherwise or afterwards, she just keeps right on walking, presumably getting fairly close to the creature by now.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Pixie in the Playground

Under The Tower

The second the large beasts begin to screech Devero crashes into the ground. He suffers no injury from the collision due to his dragon scales that have now consumed his entire body, but the pain felt in his skull is unbearable.

His body tosses and turns on the ground as he releases a loud roar of his own when his body begins to grow yet again, his figure broadening, and muscles enlarging, now stand at over eight foot and five inches with a dangerous tail that's both hard and long.

Enraged by the deafening pain, Devero immediately rolls over onto all fours. His wings larger, and sharper than the were before as he extends them then shoots high into the air, and unleashes a powerful breath of fire upon the nearest foe to both silence it, and to act as a distraction so Naku, and Cherie could slip past them.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Steve prays "Bringer of Justice, please give my sword the power to destroy evil." Steve's sword glows with a bright light (Smite Evil). He then says to the lich "Enough talk, now I strike you down where you stand" and charges with his shield up towards Nimnarath.
    With Steve charging at the lich, the ranger moves to the side and pulls out an antimagic arrow. He quickly fires it at the lich. If the arrow hits the lich it will completely disable his magic abilities.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

"A good place for training," Fayyaad remarks. "I suppose I'll start with the cartridge that's currently in the gun. Where should I aim?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

THWAK goes the arrow as it burries into the lich's chest.

You cheap son of a- but he doesn't get a chance to finish as the paladin is starting to do some smiting. Nimnarath dashes to the side, going into a defensive pose.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Tower Precipice

You cheap son of a- but he doesn't get a chance to finish as the paladin is starting to do some smiting. Nimnarath dashes to the side, going into a defensive pose.
    Steve attempts to swing his sword from the side to hit the lich. If he hits or not, he will slow himself down to a stop and face the lich.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-07-17 at 08:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Tower Precipice

Steve attempts to swing his sword from the side to hit the lich. If he hits or not, he will slow himself down to a stop and face the lich.
    It was a satisfying shot but more needs to be done. The ranger starts throwing his four tiny discs around the lich which will put up transparent blue half domes. The outside faces the lich. If they land around him, 3 of his sides will be blocked off. If he tries to go through it he will be electrocuted, although both Steve and Luvon on the outside will be able to pass through.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

The dark lich comes to a dead stop from the wall of light, and shifts his left arm into a blade. He then parries the paladin's sword swing, although holy fire does erupt on his arm.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Under the Tower

Cherie doesn't have sharpened hearing, and so the noise emitted by the creature doesn't faze her. Still, she accepts the earmuffs from Naku, if only to place them around her neck. They were fitted for ears on the side of one's head, and wouldn't work very well for her ears. Plus she'd have to take off her hat, and that just wasn't happening.

She points her rapier right at the creature's eyes and grins, barely noticing the fire breath from Devero, and his transformation for that matter. "Now now, dear, we did ask politely to pass. I'm going to give you one chance to prove your brain matches your size, and let us go without further trouble. I don't want to destroy a beast as majestic as you." While her blade stays pointed, the crystal floating above her shoulder begins to glow with a black magical energy.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Practice Grounds

Electra points to a dead tree clear across the space. It's easy to distinguish, since it's quite a bit taller than some of the other stumps and dead trees left around at that end of the space.

"That one. Here, stand like this." She takes up a shooting stance, with her feet roughly shoulder width apart, her left side turned towards the tree she pointed out, with her left foot ahead of her right, but both also pointing towards it. Her knees are bent somewhat, and she leans forwards slightly, but doesn't assume the rest of the position just yet, waiting for Fayyaad to copy her. "You need a good base, and I'd rather teach you this stance first."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

The Undertower

Whether or not the creature has intelligence it does not get a chance to show it off as it recoils in Devero's flames. It stops emitting the noise, and breathes in a great breath. After a few moments, it exhales blue flame in a random motion, looking not to target anybody but deter would be attackers. The forest itself does start to catch fire.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Tower Precipice

The dark lich comes to a dead stop from the wall of light, and shifts his left arm into a blade. He then parries the paladin's sword swing, although holy fire does erupt on his arm.
    While he did hit, the hit was awkward and his sword was parried. Because of this, he staggers for a moment but soon regains his composure.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

Fayyaad copies Electra's stance. He's not much of a shooter, and certainly not with technologically-advanced weapons. But he's fairly athletic and coordinated, so he's not doing badly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Tower Precipice

The ranger takes advantage of the fight and moves to the side of the lich and fires a normal arrow at the Lick's neck.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #1260

The Undertower

Whether or not the creature has intelligence it does not get a chance to show it off as it recoils in Devero's flames. It stops emitting the noise, and breathes in a great breath. After a few moments, it exhales blue flame in a random motion, looking not to target anybody but deter would be attackers. The forest itself does start to catch fire.
    The Undertower

"Iiiii think," Naku comments to Cherie, as she slides her earmuffs off, since the creature stopped. "we should probably walk faster.

Hey, Devero!"
    She calls up to the dragonymanperson, "we should just keep going past it!" She yells up to him, hopefully loud enough to be heard, as she just picks up the pace a bit, and starts walking towards whatever's past the creature. Hopefully an exit.
    Naku's tall enough that, even without running, her stride eats up distance when she starts truly moving, so they should pass the creature fairly quickly.
    Show