New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Yan Wao Shen: Shiba Outpost

"Honest. Of course." Came the Necromancer's reply as it slowly pulled itself from the Hollow's shadow suddenly, tearing tattered bits of darkness from its form. "Quickly. The Kuchiki are being problematic as predicted. Things are moving in their order. Which means we must as well." It then left its Hollow companion to its task, marching into the camp and towards where Kane was keeping quarters just as silently as it had entered the base.
    "Of course, sir." The Hollow isn't fazed at all by its master's sudden appearance. It's used to this by now.

The Hollow leans over and begins to write out a list of possible commanders for Kane.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Afterlife; Kuchiki manor]

"Amazing", Lord Kuchiki utters as he observes Qiu Tao's blade changing shape. It's the first instance of genuine surprise Qiu has heard in the man's voice.

"Where did you get this sword? I simply must know", Lord Kuchiki asks. "Do you know who makes them? I have been looking all over for a sword which could withstand my strength."
    Qiu blinked.
    "I only trust weapons which I am crafting myself.' he said quitly, taking the sword back to it's sheath, staring at the marvelouse destruction it created.
    "I had to... If I wanted to be the most useful soldier for the kings I has served.'
    was it the truth?
    Was it?
    Didn't he do it... because he believed a weapon was.. more than a piece of iron? A piece of his agonized soul?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alas, while a noble of many skills, I myself am no blacksmith", Lord Kuchiki laments in response. "But, if you would make me a blade such as yours, I would pay handsomely. State your price. What do you want from this afterlife of yours?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-01-26 at 07:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu blinked shocked.
    During seven life times.. no one ever has asked him that.
    "I... am.. not.. sure...' his voice shakened with shock
    "Maybe.. will you accept a sword of mine.. as sign of gratitude?" he has offered, avoiding the hard question.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course", Lord Kuchiki replies without second thought. "Me and mine will do what we can to provide you with the best forge and tools for this job. Just inform me what you need and we will get to it."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

The Necromancer finds Kane Shiba in his tent, where he is led to by an aid who it is clear has lost some sort of wager amongst his fellows to be stuck with such a task, and takes to it with equal parts fear, disgust, and hatred.

"My Lord, you have a... guest." Is all Yan Waso Shen gets by means of introduction.

The Lord Shiba is leaning over the table, arranging troop formations, and writing orders to various commanders. He stands upright then turns. "You're back."

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

"For now." Comes the Necromancer's reply, casting its gaze at the others in attendance. "You've built swiftly. I require your aid in a spell. It will take some convincing to bring your foe to the table. Leave your servants to their tasks." With that Yan Wao Shen simply turns and walks out of the tent, not even gazing back to see if he's being followed.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course", Lord Kuchiki replies without second thought. "Me and mine will do what we can to provide you with the best forge and tools for this job. Just inform me what you need and we will get to it."
    Qiu was shocked. What kind of Lord he was? The Kuchiki Lord had the right to enslacve Qiu- and he has accepted such an outragouse offer?
    Qiu knew he should looked down on man who is acting with such weakness
    But he couldn't but see it as a greater honor than he has ever seen before.
    Lord Kuchiki was a warrior and soldier. yes.
    But he was a free man, leading only men who are willing to die for him? No one was forced into his service?

Qiu was speechless for a minute.

He bowed his head. "The Afterlife is sure filled with wonders- despite of my pulloted karma."
    He looked at Lord Kuchiki. "It would be a painful process. Are you up to that? Because my sword... The heart of it, was forged from the iron inside my heart." Qiu said in such way, that it wasn't clear if it literal or metaphorocal- maybe both.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

There are some who might laugh at the suggestion that Lord Kuchiki has a heart. "When and for how long is my contribution needed?", he asks. "As the head of my house, I am needed in many places. It would not do for me to commit the same mistake as... it would not do for me to make the mistake of retreating from mundane affairs for too long." What was that weird pause there?

"If it is something quick, we can do it at first opportunity."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

There was a raised eyebrow, and when no information save the back of the Necromancer was forthcoming, Kane Shiba sighs. He gives a few brief orders to the people around the table, then follows the dark visage. As always, his sword is strapped across his back. He did not believe it to be a trap, but incautious men had died to such ruses before.

Kane Shiba would not be one.

When they reach their destination, he asks simply. "What needs to be done?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: Shiba Encampment

"We must make a circuit around your encampment. By foot. Once this is done I will be more than prepared to finish the task, if you would willingly provide one of your horses."
    The Necromancer only pauses long enough to explain once they reach what seems to it a good distance outside of camp though still within sight. "It will give us time to speak. Without prying eyes and ears." It then begins to walk, slowly. "What do you know of the Soul King?"
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-01-27 at 09:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

There are some who might laugh at the suggestion that Lord Kuchiki has a heart. "When and for how long is my contribution needed?", he asks. "As the head of my house, I am needed in many places. It would not do for me to commit the same mistake as... it would not do for me to make the mistake of retreating from mundane affairs for too long." What was that weird pause there?

"If it is something quick, we can do it at first opportunity."
    "I am not sure.' Qiu said.
    "I have forged my own sword for seven days and nights, while fending off the ghosts of the people I have murdered.' he paused, and opened his shirt, revealing a muscled chest, with scars- but the more intresting ones, were seven dot like scars on the spot of his heart.
    "From the iron which is stuck in my heart.'

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Kane Shiba brings a horse with him, an older mare, past its days in combat, but still hearty enough as a beast of burden and work. As he leaves, he nods to an attache. "Tell the men that 15 should do it. One hundred back."

Kane leads the horse to follow the Necromancer. "The Soul King gave the noble clans much of their dominion. He ordered us to keep balance between the worlds. Then, he departed without an order more, not seen since."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"How is that balance going? While you fight here, is the Mortal World safe?" Yan Wao Shen continues to walk slowly, each step slow and deliberate. "If I told you the Soul King had done this before. That the evidence of these events are buried to time. That it merely does these things to learn. To grow. Knowing you and others will fail. You would dismiss me, yes?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

"As safe as it ever is. Hollows come, we destroy them." Even Kane Shiba does not seem sure of his answer. "I would ask what the purpose of such an exercise is, for knowledge for its own sake is foolishness."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"Not so. Your disunity is chaos. Were the Noble Houses to put aside their squabbles a new era of order could be established in the Mortal World. Hollows may be a threat even then but not nearly as large as they are now. The hollows within this realm would all but be eradicated. Even the ones in my swamp, I suspect." Only a hint of a chuckle escapes its mask. "But you are correct, knowledge for its own sake would be foolishness if one could simply learn on its own. The Soul King is not a thing with such an ability. It only knows what it knows through this cycle of life, death and rebirth. It is the Lynch Pin of our worlds and thus cannot move like we can move. It simply creates vessels that can learn and when it is time to cull these herds...they're culled. The Soul King grows more powerful, it learns more and the next cycle is better." The Necromancer tilts its head to regard the noble. "If we could keep it alseep. The culling would be delayed. Your mandate would not be revoked. You and your line would live. I have come to assist you, my tasks however have nearly come to an end. My continued aid will come with a cost." The Necromancer finally comes to a stop, they pair have reached the end of their circuit. "I have a spell that would lull the Soul King to a deeper sleep."
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-01-31 at 05:13 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post

Just outside Rome; the Tiber River

Oh, look. A bridge. Ezekiel puts his axe in his belt and tries to cross the rickety construction, praying that he can make it across without falling into the raging river beneath him.
    There is a woman on the other side of river, sitting on a bank and nursing her child. She gives a puzzled look to Ezekiel. "That was risky of you, young man", she says after he makes it across."that bridge has seen better days. You should've used the new one upstream."

---

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "I am not sure.' Qiu said.
    "I have forged my own sword for seven days and nights, while fending off the ghosts of the people I have murdered.' he paused, and opened his shirt, revealing a muscled chest, with scars- but the more intresting ones, were seven dot like scars on the spot of his heart.
    "From the iron which is stuck in my heart.'
    Lord Kuchiki observes the scars. His face does not show it, but he is rather puzzled by this phenomenom. "Very well", he says after a moment's ponderance. "You have seven days and seven nights. I will arrange for a forge and tools and stay by your side for whatever needs to be done. Let us get started."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

"What would this ritual require?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

There is a woman on the other side of river, sitting on a bank and nursing her child. She gives a puzzled look to Ezekiel. "That was risky of you, young man", she says after he makes it across."that bridge has seen better days. You should've used the new one upstream."

---

Lord Kuchiki observes the scars. His face does not show it, but he is rather puzzled by this phenomenom. "Very well", he says after a moment's ponderance. "You have seven days and seven nights. I will arrange for a forge and tools and stay by your side for whatever needs to be done. Let us get started."
    "Very well.' But be prepared for pain, fear and agony- the real fire which forge the true warrior.' Qiu said. "I'll need a hammer, and an anvil."
    When they gotten to an eerily silent blacksmith workshop. Qiu looked around, and took one of the blades, thrown around.
    "We will have to start by stabbing your heart.' he said in matter a fact-tone.
    "Are you prepared? I'll be honest- I don't know if that really necessarily- there might be a different way. But this is MY way. I don't know any other.'... consider your choice well- I will try not to kill you- but I might kill you... hearts are very gentle, and usually harming them leading to death- I won't continue, without you being sure, you have the will to take this path.'

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki looks at Qui Tao with an unreadable face. Then, he slowly takes off his armor and his shirt, leaving the latter hanging around his waist. "... this is easily the most absurd thing I have committed myself to", he says, spreading his arms. "however, it is because it is so absurd that I choose to believe you. I can perceive no deceit in your words or acts. Do your thing. Besides", the man's lips twitch in a small hint of a smile, "it simply wouldn't do for a man of my caliber to die of such triffle things as having a sword through my heart."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    "What would this ritual require?"
    "A great many things. Unity of the balancers first and foremost." Yan Wao Shen then turns, in a single motion severing the attending horse's head from its shoulders. Its blood begins to pool as one would expect and yet it begins to glow. In an instant, the pool begins to drive out in lines far out of sight. "We will require more than a few to watch the tomb we create. Strong men and women of virtue. The rest when payment is promised."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

"The first is a worthy goal, one I support without reservation. As to the price - I will agree to nothing until I know the cost - but I suspect you knew that already."

Kane Shiba eyes the corpse with something akin to sadness. "We will go as far as we can together - and no further."

The Shiba's gaze is drawn across the wastes to the direction of the Kuchiki fortifications. "Men of virtue, eh? He'll love that..."
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2017-02-02 at 09:34 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki looks at Qui Tao with an unreadable face. Then, he slowly takes off his armor and his shirt, leaving the latter hanging around his waist. "... this is easily the most absurd thing I have committed myself to", he says, spreading his arms. "however, it is because it is so absurd that I choose to believe you. I can perceive no deceit in your words or acts. Do your thing. Besides", the man's lips twitch in a small hint of a smile, "it simply wouldn't do for a man of my caliber to die of such triffle things as having a sword through my heart."
    "Very well.' Qiu smiled a grim smile.
    "If you'l manage to deal with it as a true man, I'll willingly and gladly swear loyalty to you, Lord Kuchiki,'
    Qiu has chosen the weakest blade. and slashed toward Kuchiki's chest- flat hit, but deep enough to scratch his heart. And strong enough... to break it's edge leaving it at Kuchiki's heart.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki stumbles, trying hard to keep his pain from showing on his face. Spiritual power flows out of the wound and a light blue glow blazes on his skin, all the items in the room trembling as if an earthquake had suddenly hit. Blood flows out of the wound at distressing speed, staining Lord Kuchiki's chest and pants, but then he drives his own fingers deep into the wound, squeezes the vein shut and stands straight. "... well... is that... it?", he asks, his face emotionless, but his eyes frozen in pain.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Spirit World- The Blacksmith Workshop

Qiu Tao nodded with respect and statisfaction.
    "You are strong. But this is only the beginning." He paused. "You know what the difference between a true sword to a cheap piece of metal?" He has tossed away the broken blade like the junk it was.
    "A true sword is forged by your spirit. First.. Endure pain of death- this is just fair- one who wish to give the gift of pain and death to others, should experience it first on himself."

The pain was even worse, than a mere physical pain- it reminded Kuchiki any pain emotional or physical he has endured during his life and after life ever.

'Now... Give he the blade from your heart- so I could start forging it into sword, fed with your pain." Qiu said it in almost ceromonical way.

To overcome the pain and pull the blade from his heart might take a while- normal human or ghost would probably have died trying.
    Qiu himself lost consiounse from the pain seven times before he managed to pull it out, and it took him a day and night.

Qiu waited for Kuchiki with patience.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ezekil walks back to the edge of the river, leaning out and looking upstream. "Huh. You're right. There is a new bridge."

Ezekiel starts walking along the side of the river, trying to find some good firewood.
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

[Afterlife; Kuchiki Manor]

Lord Kuchiki listens silently. Or... maybe it just takes all his focus to keep himself from bleeding to death.

His mind is drifting... he remembers a time when he was but four, and his father took him to Earth. He was watching a group of young stoats play... when a great bird with a grey overcoat and a white belly swooped down, killing one of the stoats and driving the rest away.

He felt so sorry then for the stoat kit.

With effort, Lord Kuchiki's fingers pinch around the shard of a blade inside his heart. He pulls it out, causing more blood to spill on the floor, then his other hand takes up the first's place as he uses it to squueze the wound shut, his first hand offering the shard of metal to Qiu Tao.

"This is... what you wanted... right?", he asks, pale and shaking.

---

[Earth; along the Tiber river]

The woman follows Ezekiel with her eyes. "You are quite peculiar looking", she speaks while he's in hearing range again. "I have never seen someone with hair like yours. It is like flame. And your skin, it is so pale. Are you from the Northern barbarian tribes?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    "The first is a worthy goal, one I support without reservation. As to the price - I will agree to nothing until I know the cost - but I suspect you knew that already."

Kane Shiba eyes the corpse with something akin to sadness. "We will go as far as we can together - and no further."

The Shiba's gaze is drawn across the wastes to the direction of the Kuchiki fortifications. "Men of virtue, eh? He'll love that..."
    "A dying man will not drink even when offered water from one he perceives as his enemy." Yan Wao Shen steps out of the glowing web, motioning for the Balancer Lord to follow suit. "What cost is so great that your children's children will know peace must be weighed against the price asked? I am offering you a drink of water Lord Shiba, you are dying of thirst even if your throat is not parched."

Once the lord steps out of the web the ground begins to pitch and heave, sending tremors throughout the area as the ground itself shifts and forms a tiered series of walls around the Shiba encampment as spindle towers burst around the circuit. Arcane energy swirls around the Necromancer, its baleful eyes glowing all the brighter within the Lion's skull as it chants wildly in tongues until the spell ends, a vast fortification encompassing the already well built Shiba encampment. "You will see no cost in your lifetime if we are successful. Your Children's Children will pay for the peace you have gifted them. The seal will need guarded, from those who come after will need to be selected. A lifetime of servitude at the tomb we will build for a God that cannot care. It is a small cost. As is my price. I ask only for a favor, yet to be named, when all of this is said and done. From each of the Noble Houses."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    "A dying man will not drink even when offered water from one he perceives as his enemy." Yan Wao Shen steps out of the glowing web, motioning for the Balancer Lord to follow suit. "What cost is so great that your children's children will know peace must be weighed against the price asked? I am offering you a drink of water Lord Shiba, you are dying of thirst even if your throat is not parched."

Once the lord steps out of the web the ground begins to pitch and heave, sending tremors throughout the area as the ground itself shifts and forms a tiered series of walls around the Shiba encampment as spindle towers burst around the circuit. Arcane energy swirls around the Necromancer, its baleful eyes glowing all the brighter within the Lion's skull as it chants wildly in tongues until the spell ends, a vast fortification encompassing the already well built Shiba encampment. "You will see no cost in your lifetime if we are successful. Your Children's Children will pay for the peace you have gifted them. The seal will need guarded, from those who come after will need to be selected. A lifetime of servitude at the tomb we will build for a God that cannot care. It is a small cost. As is my price. I ask only for a favor, yet to be named, when all of this is said and done. From each of the Noble Houses."
    "I will not, and cannot agree to these terms for the other noble houses." Kane Shiba does not make his decision quickly. He stares for a long time at the camp. He stares longer at one particular tent, which is next to his own. Yan Wao Shen could see a woman, fair but obviously strong, emerge at one point, question a guard, and then, apparently satisfied with the answer, return to her abode. "This bargain must never cause the end of my lineage. You cannot require an only heir to fulfill these terms, at least not until they have sired a successor." Kane Shiba turns back to the sorcerer, his face and words like the steel of his sword. "If such a corollary is agreeable, then you have the bond of the Shiba." Kane extends his hand, the other with a small dagger. He slashes it across his palm and extends the dagger, hilt first, to Yan Wao Shen.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2017-02-04 at 07:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"Why would I wish to end your line when I am doing everything to save it? It is no longer in my hands, you have been told the curves and motions of Fate. It is now on you to guide that ship. If you fight the Kuchiki you will fail and none of your line will survive. None of your followers, none of your flock, nothing you hold dear will come out unscathed." The Necromancer glances at the offered dagger but merely takes the Lord's hand, his other moving to gently try and lower the dagger back to the Lord's hips. "It would be unwise for your lineage, Lord Shiba, to mix blood with one such as I. I will trust in our concordat. Let us continue to fortify your new home. A castle right on the boarder should irk your present rival yes?"