New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Woman Defended Me At The Pizza Place

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    How is that a "special"? Special usually implies that the items cost less than if you bought them individually.
    5.50 for a drink and two cheese slices

Or 6.00 for two vegetable slices and a drink

Assuming they're lowering the total price .50 c to make it a special?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    5.50 for a drink and two cheese slices

Or 6.00 for two vegetable slices and a drink

Assuming they're lowering the total price .50 c to make it a special?
    The 5.50 didn't have a drink. Apparently. We only have Homer's word that that's the case but why omit that detail.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The 5.50 didn't have a drink. Apparently. We only have Homer's word that that's the case but why omit that detail.
    Exactly the 5.50 was two orindary plain cheese pizza without a drink. Why are they still saying that the 5.50 also including a drink?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Exactly the 5.50 was two orindary plain cheese pizza without a drink. Why are they still saying that the 5.50 also including a drink?
    do two vegetable slices cost 6.00 plus a drink which costs extra?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    do two vegetable slices cost 6.00 plus a drink which costs extra?
    I don't know what you mean by that. By I could give you the math:

1 slice of vegetable pizza cost $2.50¢

Times 2 slices of vegetable pizza is $5.00

Add a can of Diet coke cost $1.00

Put it all together which makes it $6.00.

You see how math is fun?!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Hmmm. What's the cost of a single slice of cheese pizza? It sounds like that "special" is a bad deal.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Because that information was not included in the OP and is easy to miss when it comes out later.

This is a very silly thread about a very small personal incident that got derailed very quickly by getting caught up on poorly communicated details.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Hmmm. What's the cost of a single slice of cheese pizza? It sounds like that "special" is a bad deal.
    I'm not sure because I don't buy regular cheese pizza.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Because that information was not included in the OP and is easy to miss when it comes out later.

This is a very silly thread about a very small personal incident that got derailed very quickly by getting caught up on poorly communicated details.
    Well my apologies if I wasn't being any clearer earlier.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

$2 each. But why would you want that when you could have the special - 2 slices for $5.50?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Am I the only one who is routinely confronted with personnel that does stuff wrong? Giving you something instead of something else, not doing their job at all, pretending not to be there, ignoring the bell used to call for service while badly pretending to be doing something else, mixing up with payment, misusing your credit card, deliberately withholding information, giving wrong or false information, not correcting their mistakes when notified?

The costumer isn't always right, but the low pay doesn't mean that the worker is a good worker, or that good workers don't screw up occasionally, or that there aren't bad workers around.
    To be frank, if you're routinely "confronted with people who do stuff wrong" like ignore you, it's probably because YOU'RE the *******.

My brother constantly complains when we get stuff from, say, Five Guys and he orders his burger and everybody else' burgers come out looking beautiful and his got dropped in the bottom of the bag and smushed, upside down.

This is because when he orders something he always mumbles just a bit and when the person asks him to repeat something, or reads out his order to clarify he caught it, he gets really aggressive sounding. I tell him this, but he doesn't believe me. And he keeps getting squished burgers.

People in the food service industry or retail don't get paid much. They certainly don't get paid enough to give 110% to people who see them as servants, or "personnel" first and people second.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground

More letters = more reasonable.
    You could go to Finland and get: Vadelmalimonadi
    Or to Hungary and get: Győr-Sopron Megyei Szíkvíz

And then there is Tab

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aliquid View Post
    You could go to Finland and get: Vadelmalimonadi
    Or to Hungary and get: Győr-Sopron Megyei Szíkvíz

And then there is Tab
    I think that perfectly sums up Tab.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah either the restaurant is completely inept since their special is two plain pizza slices for a higher price than two non plain slices or you've misunderstood something about the special. Or something like the vegetable pizza has no cheese or some other lesser toppings on it than the regular cheese slices. Im assuming vegetable pizza is the same as plain cheese but with added vegetables.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I was assuming it included a drink, but even then it's horrible to push it when someone hasn't ordered plain pizza. As it is it just astounds me.

Let's say that, for some reason, I'm at a pizza place for lunch. I can be reasonably certain that they do plain cheese and tomato pizza, and so if I want that I'll ask for it. But if I decide to buy two slices of seafood pizza, then unless you have a deal that includes seafood pizza then you can assume I'm not interested in your deals.

I suspect that there might be slightly more to this deal, but the incompetence striking. I personally make an attempt to always be polite when ordering food, speaking in a relatively clear voice (I have a minor speech problem that cause me to speak slowly, so it pays to avoid confusion) and saying thank you when I get my order or no thank you when I'm offered a special I don't want. I can understand offering the special once or being annoyed because you've been on shift for a while, so I won't get annoyed at being asked to repeat what I said, but the sheer audacity of 'so I'm putting you down for the special' astounds me.

EDIT: don't forget, diet drinks are always more reasonable.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-01-24 at 10:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

At the risk of making this thread even sillier, I really want to know how you determine the relative reasonableness of various soft drinks.
    Haha, I meant that I personally would order Mt Dew over Coke.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Yeah either the restaurant is completely inept since their special is two plain pizza slices for a higher price than two non plain slices or you've misunderstood something about the special. Or something like the vegetable pizza has no cheese or some other lesser toppings on it than the regular cheese slices. Im assuming vegetable pizza is the same as plain cheese but with added vegetables.
    I didn't misunderstood anything. I know what I ordered.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-01-25 at 07:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

I didn't misunderstood anything. I know what I ordered.
    You can know what you ordered and still not know what you didn't order. I think people, including me, are now mostly interested in working through this pizza place's weird specials menu through the strange lens of kinda vague forum posts about it.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    You can know what you ordered and still not know what you didn't order. I think people, including me, are now mostly interested in working through this pizza place's weird specials menu through the strange lens of kinda vague forum posts about it.
    What's so weird about it? Explain.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

What's so weird about it? Explain.
    As far as we have been able to understand, the special is strictly a worse deal. You pay more for the same amount of pizza, no extra toppings, and no drink or any other side. Since this is such an obvious rip off (pay more for less!), most of us are assuming that you either misunderstood it or communicated it poorly.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    As far as we have been able to understand, the special is strictly a worse deal. You pay more for the same amount of pizza, no extra toppings, and no drink or any other side. Since this is such an obvious rip off (pay more for less!), most of us are assuming that you either misunderstood it or communicated it poorly.
    The cashier is the one with the communication problem and I explain very clearly that I didn't want the two pizza special, he knew that I speak proper English so it was his fault, not mine. So don't blame me if you think that I have to pay $6.00 instead of $5.50. Which is barely a deal at all.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Liquor Box (who I have no idea how they know the price of the pizza at his unnamed pizza place) said that a slice of cheese pizza is two dollars. Which I think everyone is going off of but I don't think I've seen anyone ask Liquor Box how they know that. We don't know where Homer is getting his pizza so there's no way of knowing the price from anyone but Homer. But if it is two dollars (and I doubt that it is because for a third time...Liquor Box can't have even a passing idea of the price) makes the Two Slices of Pizza, NO DRINK (as you claim Homer) a worse deal than just buying two slices of pizza and a drink. Because...we're going to get into some SERIOUS MATH here.

One slice of Cheese Pizza (2 Dollars) + One slice of Cheese Pizza (2 Dollars) = 2 slices of Cheese Pizza (4 Dollars)

The deal is two slices of pizza (cheese only apparently) with no drink for 5.50.

That is a buck fifty more for the exact same thing. That's not a special, that's a waste of time. Even if you buy a drink (usually around a dollar fifty but no idea at this establishment) you're getting a better or equal deal because at least you get a drink.

So.

Either Bartmanhomer is misrepresenting the deal (we call this the likely scenario)

The pizza shop wants to lose money on stupid deals no one will take (this is the less likely option because Bartmanhomer lives in or around NYC and businesses don't stay in business long with crappy practices like this)

Aliens have hijacked our brains to care to what ever degree we care to post in this thread (this is a certainty considering all the posts)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The cashier is the one with the communication problem and I explain very clearly that I didn't want the two pizza special, he knew that I speak proper English so it was his fault, not mine. So don't blame me if you think that I have to pay $6.00 instead of $5.50. Which is barely a deal at all.
    Its not a deal at all, which is why people are confused. Its strictly worse.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Its not a deal at all, which is why people are confused. Its strictly worse.
    No, don't you see. It's better because Bartmanhomer was defended at the pizza place.

25. - Top - End - #85

Imp

Oh my god why is this thread still continuing

Bartmanhomer just name the pizza place so they can look up the special and stop this madness
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my god why is this thread still continuing

Bartmanhomer just name the pizza place so they can look up the special and stop this madness
    Fawkes. Bartmanhomer didn't want the 5.50 special ok? Stop trying to convince of something that's already happened.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

The special is a metaphor. Just think about it for a minute.

28. - Top - End - #88

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Fawkes. Bartmanhomer didn't want the 5.50 special ok? Stop trying to convince of something that's already happened.
    Yes, I know. Everyone knows. Everyone knows he didn't want the special.

But for some reason the special is still up for debate, despite being completely inconsequential.

This thread is a trash fire and needs to be condemned.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Dahl View Post
    The special is a metaphor. Just think about it for a minute.
    The pizza special resembles adulthood, the two veggie slices childhood. Someone in a position of authority (the cashier) forces you to let go of your fun childhood (veggie slices) for a crappy yet inevitable deal (pizza special), even though you clearly said you don't want to - just like growing up, you end up paying more and getting less. The only way to escape the pizza special/growing up is if a parental figure is willing to take you under her wings and allow you to stay young and fun.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    The pizza special resembles adulthood, the two veggie slices childhood. Someone in a position of authority (the cashier) forces you to let go of your fun childhood (veggie slices) for a crappy yet inevitable deal (pizza special), even though you clearly said you don't want to - just like growing up, you end up paying more and getting less. The only way to escape the pizza special/growing up is if a parental figure is willing to take you under her wings and allow you to stay young and fun.
    Nah. It's a metaphor for the soul-sucking blandness of capitalism. We all need to learn at the knee of a good teacher, who can guide our instinctual distaste for such a cruel and flattening system that crushes all individuality in the pursuit of profit, to give our voice strength as we stand up against the system. And maybe smash some windows and punch a fascist. But first pizza - you need nutrients to do those other things.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.