New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 182: Wait, what if we ARE Lawbreaking?

[Dorms]

"You, uh, haven't been around too long huh? Well at the time they took his soul, they weren't Vigil, they were Watchtower and their mission was almost entirely focused on Apocalyptic level threats. They've branched out a little since the Apocalypse Era ended. Point is they don't exactly take innocent souls and lock them away." Felandria actually fought over Rein's son's soul when she was battling the demons in the vault during the collapse of the tower. That concrete slab was a big deal for a reason.

Rein frowns and glances to one side. "If the world were just, I'd be locked up there too. I've earned it. He earned it. But I couldn't help anyone if I was locked away. Regardless, they would be completely justified in not returning him to me." His ears flatten. "And... I wouldn't blame them."

The cat pauses for a silent moment before shaking his head and forcing a smile as he looks back at Felandria. "Forgive me, I'm rambling. The base around here has been too empty as of late and has left me wanting for company, but I certainly don't want to burden you. Did you want any help cleaning your room?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Dorms]

"You, uh, haven't been around too long huh? Well at the time they took his soul, they weren't Vigil, they were Watchtower and their mission was almost entirely focused on Apocalyptic level threats. They've branched out a little since the Apocalypse Era ended. Point is they don't exactly take innocent souls and lock them away." Felandria actually fought over Rein's son's soul when she was battling the demons in the vault during the collapse of the tower. That concrete slab was a big deal for a reason.

Rein frowns and glances to one side. "If the world were just, I'd be locked up there too. I've earned it. He earned it. But I couldn't help anyone if I was locked away. Regardless, they would be completely justified in not returning him to me." His ears flatten. "And... I wouldn't blame them."

The cat pauses for a silent moment before shaking his head and forcing a smile as he looks back at Felandria. "Forgive me, I'm rambling. The base around here has been too empty as of late and has left me wanting for company, but I certainly don't want to burden you. Did you want any help cleaning your room?"
    Felandria frowns as she listens to Reinholdt's tale.

I'm......I'm sorry about your son.

I hope you can find him again.

In the meantime, I'd love some help.

And some company.

She smiles in a friendly manner.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dorms]

"Oh he's not lost or anything. Vigil has him." That much he thinks he's certain of.

Reinholdt unstraps his phone and sets it on the floor before shifting forms. It's a little unsettling but when he's done he's a handsome six foot humanoid fey whose most distinguishing feature is his pupil-less pink eyes. Reaching down he picks up the phone and sticks it into his pocket. Guess he didn't want to get dust all over his fur.

"All right, just point me at what you'd like done," Reinholdt says, moving to step into the room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

[Dorms]

"Oh he's not lost or anything. Vigil has him." That much he thinks he's certain of.

Reinholdt unstraps his phone and sets it on the floor before shifting forms. It's a little unsettling but when he's done he's a handsome six foot humanoid fey whose most distinguishing feature is his pupil-less pink eyes. Reaching down he picks up the phone and sticks it into his pocket. Guess he didn't want to get dust all over his fur.

"All right, just point me at what you'd like done," Reinholdt says, moving to step into the room.
    Ooh, you're a shapeshifter!

I can shapeshift too.

She briefly turns into a red furred wolf puppy and does a little flip before turning back.

Could you help me dust?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dorms]

A puppy! Oh noes. Reinholdt takes a moment to remind himself that even if it is cute, it is also a mortal, incessantly drooling enemy and tracker of dirt. Adorableness can not be used against him. Stop... Stop it please.

Oh thank goodness Felandria changed back after performing that one trick. That was dangerous. "Fascinating. A women of many talents I see." Or so he presumes. He knows only of that one talent.

Reinholdt moves in, takes up a clean cloth and begins dusting the room! At one point the work does cause him to sneeze. Dust is bothersome like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

[Dorms]

A puppy! Oh noes. Reinholdt takes a moment to remind himself that even if it is cute, it is also a mortal, incessantly drooling enemy and tracker of dirt. Adorableness can not be used against him. Stop... Stop it please.

Oh thank goodness Felandria changed back after performing that one trick. That was dangerous. "Fascinating. A women of many talents I see." Or so he presumes. He knows only of that one talent.

Reinholdt moves in, takes up a clean cloth and begins dusting the room! At one point the work does cause him to sneeze. Dust is bothersome like that.
    Bless you.

Fel focuses on the hard to reach places in the room, for obvious reasons.

So, where's everyone else, you said the place was empty.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Entrance Hall]

On one of the teleporter pads appear some visitors: Arlem, Dorothy, and Ziselle.

Arlem has a hope that someone here will know how to find Reinholdt. He showed up when those mad druids did...whatever they were doing. So probably there will be clues here. Thus the shapeshifter is here, in the shape of a black-furred catgirl scientist. And wherever he goes, Dorothy will be also. The only trace left of someone who once walked these halls so brightly. Other people might be morose about it, but not this weapon of War. As for the baby fox-creature, he needs no explanation.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dorms]

"I don't know. I wasn't in charge of slipping micro locator chips into the ice cream, how silly of you to think that. Why would you think that? That would be suspicious. Ah hah ha. Ha." Reinholdt's eyes start looking for potential exit points to plot an escape route.

But before he can be pressed for more information, there's a beep and Reinholdt checks his phone. "Well it's not the phone call, but we do have visitors. Want to go greet them?" Those alert apps are underappreciated.

If Felandria does say yes, he'll lead the way to the entrance hall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

[Dorms]

"I don't know. I wasn't in charge of slipping micro locator chips into the ice cream, how silly of you to think that. Why would you think that? That would be suspicious. Ah hah ha. Ha." Reinholdt's eyes start looking for potential exit points to plot an escape route.

But before he can be pressed for more information, there's a beep and Reinholdt checks his phone. "Well it's not the phone call, but we do have visitors. Want to go greet them?" Those alert apps are underappreciated.

If Felandria does say yes, he'll lead the way to the entrance hall.
    Felandria will indeed nod with enthusiasm, although she does briefly put a hand on her stomach, thinking about the ice cream she had earlier, but now was not the time, now was the time for new friends!

Right behind ya.

10. - Top - End - #310

Default [Entrance Hall]

How incredibly convenient!

"Reinholdt! Felandria! Good to see you guys!" Arlem waves at the two as they appear.
    "Just the cat I was looking for."

Ziselle looks up at Felandria from the teleport pad where he's sitting. She must be the biggest person ever!

Dorothy, as usual, is an inanimate object, and no further effort will be spent detailing her reactions.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

Reinholdt swallows. "Uhh, my apologies, but have we met?" There was no denying that there was an incredibly beautiful catgirl in front of him. He's pretty sure he would have remembered any dalliances he might have had with her. Catgirls were far too deeply appealing. But that can't be his baby. So why does she know him and not the other way around?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #312

Default [Entrance Hall]

"Oh, maybe not like this."
    The catgirl spins around, flickering from one shape to another: first becoming the creature of wings and blades that she was when the WATCHtower was destroyed, then the fox-man Rein has actually met, then the blue-haired librarian.
    "I'm from VIGIL. Arlem Merisanne." That's a different last name from what it used to be, if you're keeping track.
    Well, from VIGIL and here because of it, to be more particular. What with another VIGILante being here as well.

The baby that can't plausibly be Reinholdt's crawls over towards the unusual strangers.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-09-03 at 07:13 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Default Entrance Hall

Oh, hey, another VIGIL person.

Fel hunches down to the baby.

And who are you, little bubby?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

Reinholdt frowns and rubs his face with a hand. "Ah yes. The water guy." That's what he most remembers Arlem from. Getting after Rein for batting at the lake water. Though he thought Arlem was a member of GLoG? Or was it HALO? Rein thinks he encountered Arlem in both those places though never actually asked him about his memberships. So it was VIGIL. Go figure.

Rein glances at Felandria, then down to the baby who gets favored with a small smile before his attention returns to Arlem. "What can I do for you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #315

Default [Entrance Hall]

Now that they know who she is, back to the catgirl shape. "Quite. I'm here about your son's soul. The woman who came to VIGIL on your behalf - just what are you actually after?"

Ziselle stretches a hand out towards Felandria. "Ay!" That's 'hello', if you're good at interpreting people who can't pronounce most letters yet.
    "That's right. We can't all be involved in as much as you, Fel. This is my child, Ziselle. Ziselle, these are Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire, and Felandria." Who obviously needs little introduction.

"Anyway, Vax. She wasn't entirely honest with me, and I suspect she hasn't been entirely honest with you, either. We'd like to hear your actual side of the story."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Default Entrance Hall

Felandria is all smiles as she puts her hand out towards Ziselle, although considering their relative sizes, more like a finger.

Hi, Ziselle!

I'm Felandria.

Arent you cute?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

She would choose to be distracting during delicate negotiations. Reinholdt frowns. "I'm actually after my son's soul." If there's a worthwhile alternative objective hidden in VIGIL, Rein's not acquainted with it.

Rein tilts his head for a bit, looking confused for a moment before clarity arrives. "Oh, Vax. I can't say she's ever been dishonest with me. I've never actually met her. She's the wife of the person I did negotiate with, Zhareen. I am in the process of converting the ruins of Taverna Generica into a secure mausoleum so I can remember him properly." In the off chance they allow him this. Otherwise he'll have the an overly secure storage space to lease to people who have too many things. "What is it that you think she was dishonest about? I'll be happy to offer any clarification I can give."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #318

Default [Entrance Hall]

"Firstly, what are you going to do with the soul if you get it? Vax was elaborating on plans to banish him from this world to whatever rest he could find. But you've built a secured mausoleum you must plan to keep the jar here."
    Reinholdt may notice Arlem trying to read his mind and observe his intentions directly. Or he might not; this isn't anything invasive, just what's at the front of the cat's mind.
    "Secondly, why did you involve Zhareen and Vaxm instead of just coming to us directly? If it's about remembering, we could, say, put up a memorial by the secure vaults we already have."

Ziselle nods once. Very cute! Snow-white fur, big blue eyes, adorable little face. He grab's Felandria's outstretched hand with all the strength his little fingers can muster.
    He's very happy. You're happy too, right?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-09-06 at 11:18 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Entrance Hall]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Firstly, what are you going to do with the soul if you get it? Vax was elaborating on plans to banish him from this world to whatever rest he could find. But you've built a secured mausoleum you must plan to keep the jar here."
    Reinholdt may notice Arlem trying to read his mind and observe his intentions directly. Or he might not; this isn't anything invasive, just what's at the front of the cat's mind.
    "Secondly, why did you involve Zhareen and Vaxm instead of just coming to us directly? If it's about remembering, we could, say, put up a memorial by the secure vaults we already have."

Ziselle nods once. Very cute! Snow-white fur, big blue eyes, adorable little face. He grab's Felandria's outstretched hand with all the strength his little fingers can muster.
    He's very happy. You're happy too, right?
    Indeed she is, Fel's smiling warmly at Ziselle and repositioning herself to lay on her stomach to be at the baby's level.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

"Keeping him in the mausoleum was the plan." I hadn't considered banishment. I guess it has merits. Did Zhareen give Vax the wrong message? She wasn't the brightest merperson...

"Involving them was something of a convenient accident. The last time I went to VIGIL for aid you tortured me. I had acquired stole a cursed object some important demon staff piece that Zhareen wanted. I couldn't trust her intentions. She asked if there was anything I would trade for it, I needed time to be sure. so I told her the only thing I wanted was custody over my son's soul and she agreed to help me. I hope I didn't turn her off from Treasure Hunting. I owed her at least a chance."

"But I wouldn't be allowed inside to see the jar would I? Sort of defeats the point. I could stick a name on a plaque anywhere if that's all it took. And no offense if only but I find your security in question given recent events."

How psychics hold conversations while reading minds is beyond me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #321

Default [Entrance Hall]

"But you still wouldn't have wanted to come to us. What happened?"
    That's concerning. VIGIL may still have a lot of unstable ex-WATCH members, but that's beyond the pale.
    "I would let you in, though on the matter of our security... You have us there."
    Whether the Mausoleum Generica would fare any better is an open question.
    "Now, we strongly prefer that you not hand any cursed objects over to that pair. Would you deal with us directly?"
    "Or maybe you'd be better off if it had never come into your hands at all?"

Oh yay, she's down here!
    Ziselle crawls over to clamber on top of Felandria, laughing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

"But you still wouldn't have wanted to come to us. What happened?"
    That's concerning. VIGIL may still have a lot of unstable ex-WATCH members, but that's beyond the pale.
    "I would let you in, though on the matter of our security... You have us there."
    Whether the Mausoleum Generica would fare any better is an open question.
    "Now, we strongly prefer that you not hand any cursed objects over to that pair. Would you deal with us directly?"
    "Or maybe you'd be better off if it had never come into your hands at all?"

Oh yay, she's down here!
    Ziselle crawls over to clamber on top of Felandria, laughing.
    Felandria giggles as she is used as a jungle gym by the adorable little Ziselle.

Aren't you a frisky one?

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

"What happened? What happened is we historically spent a lot of time on the opposite sides of the line. But I would have gone. I was just working up to it." Once I figured out how to broach the topic without being instantly ridiculed and kicked out.

"Better off? I don't think so. I contained it without any problems or ill effects. And I certainly can't just renege on a deal unless you can provide me with a very good reason as to why I shouldn't give it to them. Besides, I actually can't give it to you. By my understanding it's one of three pieces of a demon staff and VIGIL already has a piece in their possession. Basic rule of separated cursed objects: Don't bring them back together, no matter how well intentioned." Maybe Reinholdt should write a book about the dos and don'ts of treasure hunting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #324

Default [Entrance Hall]

He should! Lots of people would read it, and maybe some of them would even learn something.

"Shame you had to get someone else involved. If they know what it is and want it still, that's reason enough to keep it away from them. You know, we actually do have procedures for cursed artifacts that can't be brought together."
    She should just stop talking to Reinholdt now before accidentally saying things that make it worse.
    "Why do you want the soul back at all? What makes you want to swell on this, memorialize it?"

Ziselle definitely doesn't know that word, if he understood any of that. But the giant lady is laughing, and this is still fun.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

He should! Lots of people would read it, and maybe some of them would even learn something.

"Shame you had to get someone else involved. If they know what it is and want it still, that's reason enough to keep it away from them. You know, we actually do have procedures for cursed artifacts that can't be brought together."
    She should just stop talking to Reinholdt now before accidentally saying things that make it worse.
    "Why do you want the soul back at all? What makes you want to swell on this, memorialize it?"

Ziselle definitely doesn't know that word, if he understood any of that. But the giant lady is laughing, and this is still fun.
    Felandria is having fun as well, slowly turning onto her back as Ziselle crawls over her, making sure he is safe the entire time.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

Reinholdt frowns at Arlem's continued suggested insistence the demon staff would be better off with VIGIL. "Not letting the same organization hold multiple pieces is procedure enough."

Her further questions only makes Rein's frown deepen, having believed this point already obvious. He looks over and nods at Ziselle. "If your son died, would you want to shove aside his memory and forget him? Would you bury him or cremate him? Would you keep his baby clothes? Would you talk to his ashes? Would you plant flowers at his grave? Would you value a picture? His favorite toy?" Reinholdt grows quiet for a few moments, turning his head even further to wipe something off his face before returning his gaze to Arlem.

"Because I am Shepherd's father. And I have no pictures. I have no toys, nor clothes. No ashes and no grave. All I have is a soul in a jar kept in your custody. And I'd like it back please."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-09-12 at 12:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #327

Default [Entrance Hall]

"Then find a trustworthy second organization to hold it, at least."
    Arlem throws up her hands - it's obviously not about getting the staff to VIGIL, but away from Zhareen.

Ziselle looks up when Reinholdt nods his way; they're talking about him, aren't they!? He waves a closed hand at the cat, an expression of obvious effort on his face, before flopping over.

"I would not remember him simply because he is my son. It would be too late then to mourn for what he's lost. Too late then, to say to ashes what should have been said to them. I have buried children before. You have to move on, even if it seems you have nothing."

"A-" She catches something on the tip of her tongue, recognizing it as crueler than should be spoken.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Default Entrance Hall

Once Ziselle flops over, Felandria throw caution to the wind and gives Ziselle a gentle but snuggly hug.

As she does, Fel looks to Arlem.

I honestly don't understand why it's a problem to let him have his son.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2017-09-13 at 03:42 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

"Oh no. If only someone had the insight to stall for time so they could check backgrounds and run character tests instead of handing the relic over right there on the spot." Reinholdt only barely manages to keep himself from rolling his eyes.

Largely because his eyes are busy searching Arlem's, trying to find the source of the callousness that led her to such a sorrowful conclusion. It probably came from death. Conclusions often do. "If you wish to conflate moving on with forgetting, then that is your perogative alone. But if you as a parent cannot already understand my position, then I can say nothing that will make you understand. I am sorry for your loss."

Reinholdt considers addressing Felandria's statement himself, but decides he'd rather hear Arlem's explanation. It would help him understand the extent of her position on the subject.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-09-13 at 04:18 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #330

Default [Entrance Hall]

A hug!~ Perfect! If it doesn't last too long, anyway.

From the look of her face and ears, Arlem seems properly abashed. Her eyes are downcast and heavy, full of sadness for Reinholdt.
    "Well, I'm sorry for assuming you would be incompetent about handling the relic."

She looks to Felandria. "When I came here, I knew very little. Now, having spoken with him, I trust that Reinholdt means well. But-" raising a hand and tapping her temple. "-even I, with all my privileged insights into people, have been wrong about these things. And even well-meaning people can make terrible mistakes."
    "If his son falls into the wrong hands, it could be a very short step to the sun going black, fire raining from the skies, the skin melting from peoples' bodies as nature turns against civilization and the dead walk the earth to consume the living. It could be really rather bad. I wanted to know if we could avoid that risk."

And with a sigh looks back to Reinholdt.
    "You wonder how I can be so cold. Who died and made me unable to sympathize. Do you truly want to know? I think I can show you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine