New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Confessions 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    *gasp!* 10chars
    Don't be surprised. I'm just like Seto Kaiba. Also I don't believe in the heart of the dice as well.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I'm not addicted to anime because I do have a life of my own.
    That's the idea of not having an addiction
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    That's the idea of not having an addiction
    Precisely my point. Confession: I used to be addicted for drinking multiple energy drinks. I got so agitated I quit drinking them.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-04-17 at 05:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Don't be surprised. I'm just like Seto Kaiba. Also I don't believe in the heart of the dice as well.

Confession:
    Where once I felt comfortably nerdy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    ...and having the CREDENTIALS (within the space of a year I saw the Hobbit cartoon on channel 5 without missing any of it to go to the bathroom, I looked at the Dungeons and Dragons box at the toystore in the mall, and saw Stars Wars the most times of everyone in 5th grade, no way did Ben see it 15 times, where are the ticket stubs huh?) to answer the conundrum asked in this thread...
    After seeing all the anime, card and video game references at this Forum, I feel well "out of it".

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't believe in the heart of the cards. (Yu-Gi-Oh)
    The heart of the cards is not real, its lie for that I'm sure.

I used to Yu-Gi-Oh with my older brother. I always believed in the heart of the cards, and I always lost.

Then I found out that my brother arranged his cards in the order he wanted they to appear, and the probability of they showing up that way were higher even when shuffled (And I also sucked at shuffling) than just leaving it randomly to luck.

So yeah... Don't believe in the hearth of the cards, just put them in the order you want them to show up.

Confession: There is a Mexican food restaurant near where I work. The food there is delicious, I normally go home with a friend from work who gives me a ride and we share the gas.

Every time he can’t take me home, I stop by at the restaurant to have dinner there, every time I eat Mexican food I get sick and I promise to myself I will never eat Mexican food ever again, but everytime I don't have a ride I can't help myself but to eat there! I’m too weak-minded. : (

Today, I did it again D:

6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground

Confession: I have gotten into the habit of keeping up with the more dramatic threads on this forum, and even reading the ones that got shut down.
    I don't particularly heed who's saying what, and if you asked me I couldn't tell you the sides pretty much anyone picked, but something about watching the slow decline into madness that occasionally happens delights me to no end.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
    The heart of the cards is not real, its lie for that I'm sure.

I used to Yu-Gi-Oh with my older brother. I always believed in the heart of the cards, and I always lost.

Then I found out that my brother arranged his cards in the order he wanted they to appear, and the probability of they showing up that way were higher even when shuffled (And I also sucked at shuffling) than just leaving it randomly to luck.

So yeah... Don't believe in the hearth of the cards, just put them in the order you want them to show up.

Confession: There is a Mexican food restaurant near where I work. The food there is delicious, I normally go home with a friend from work who gives me a ride and we share the gas.

Every time he can’t take me home, I stop by at the restaurant to have dinner there, every time I eat Mexican food I get sick and I promise to myself I will never eat Mexican food ever again, but everytime I don't have a ride I can't help myself but to eat there! I’m too weak-minded. : (

Today, I did it again D:
    That what I said before.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Confession: I have gotten into the habit of keeping up with the more dramatic threads on this forum, and even reading the ones that got shut down.
    I don't particularly heed who's saying what, and if you asked me I couldn't tell you the sides pretty much anyone picked, but something about watching the slow decline into madness that occasionally happens delights me to no end.
    Are you just looking through my post history?
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

9. - Top - End - #489

Are you just looking through my post history?
    Nawh

...Should I?
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
    Don't believe in the Heart of the Cards, just put them in the order you want them to show up.
    That's pretty much what the Heart of the Cards is. The Millennium Puzzle's special power is to get exactly the play you need at exactly the right time to maximise your chances of winning. Until the big reveal, Yugi just thinks his superstitions are working out for him without intervention from an ancient Egyptian curse necklace.

Confession: In games with a significant chance factor, I tend to assume the worst will happen, even with the odds stacked in my favor. The Millennium Puzzle would have to work some serious overtime to make me look skilled, or even somewhat lucky.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I just mistook a squirrel for a rabbit.

....Hey, it was the biggest squirrel I've ever seen and he's got some rather large ears. Or else I've got a totoro wandering around in my yard. Bloody huge squirrel.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I don't believe in luck.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

I don't believe in luck.
    Well Augustine agreed with you:

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine
    "How, therefore, is she good, who without discernment comes to both the good and to the bad?...It profits one nothing to worship her if she is truly fortune... let the bad worship her...this supposed deity"

But Shakespeare did not:

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    Fortune, good night, smile once more; turn thy wheel!

And...we don't say the "L" word, it's bad lu...
    it's just bad!

"The Lady, She-who-shall-not-be-named... The 'Million-to-One' Chance - and all of the other chances as well... The One who will desert you when you need Her the most - and sometimes She might not..."
    Her suitors can be distinguished by their distinctive repetitive prayer; "please-oh-please-oh-please-oh-please."

Spoiler: Images of the "Lady"
    Show

Spoiler: Words!
    Show
    Tyche is a goddess from Greek Myth (and also the Forgotten Realms) - the deity of ****. From the Forgotten Realms wiki:

"Tyche’s faith taught that one should be bold, for to dare was to live. The battle cry of the followers of Tyche was “Fortune favors the bold.” Those who had no direction or goals soon encountered ill ****, for those on no set course were at the capricious mercy of misfortune, which was no mercy at all. A brave heart and willingness to take risks beat out a carefully wrought plan nine times out of ten. One had to place oneself in the hands of fate (meaning in the hands of Tyche) and trust to one’s own ****, and priests of Tyche were supposed to be showing their good fortune—and acceptance of bad fortune—as a confidence in the Lady and in themselves. Lady **** bid that each mortal chase his or her own unique goals—so long as they didn’t counter the express wishes of herself—and it was in this chase that the Lady aided her followers."

And from Greek Myth, Tyche granted mortals the ability to break the chains for fate and forge their own destiny (for good or ill).

Tyche is generally perceived as neutral in alignment, and a patron of adventurers.

In latter "Realms" lore Tyche was changed into: Tymora and her sister,Beshaba, the goddess of misfortune, having been created when
    Tyche, the former deity of ****, was infected by Moander's evil essence, and split apart by Selûne.
    Tymora is commonly revered by adventurers and others who rely on a mixture of **** and skill to achieve their goals. She is also a known ally of the demipower Finder Wyvernspur

For those aligned with Law Dame Fortune/Lady ****/Tyche/Tymora! does not seem an appropriate choice!

Medieval lyrics!:

O Fortuna (O Fortune)
    velut luna (like the moon)
    statu variabilis (you are changeable)
    semper crescis (always waxing)
    aut decrescis; (and waning;)
    vita detestabilis (hateful life)
    nunc obdurat (first oppresses)
    et tunc curat (and then soothes)
    ludo mentis aciem, (as fancy takes it)
    egestatem, (poverty)
    potestatem (and power)
    dissolvit ut glaciem. (it melts them like ice.)

Sors immanis (Fate - monstrous)
    et inanis, (and empty)
    rota tu volubilis, (you whirling wheel)
    status malus, (you are malevolent)
    vana salus (well-being is vain)
    semper dissolubilis, (and always fades to nothing)
    obumbrata (shadowed)
    et velata (and veiled)
    mihi quoque niteris; (you plague me too;)
    nunc per ludum (now through the game)
    dorsum nudum (I bring my bare back)
    fero tui sceleris. (to your villainy.)

Sors salutis (Fate is against me)
    et virtutis (in health)
    michi nunc contraria, (and virtue)
    est affectus (driven on)
    et defectus (and weighted down)
    semper in angaria. (always enslaved.)
    Hac in hora (So at this hour)
    sine mora (without delay)
    corde pulsum tangite; (pluck the vibrating strings;)
    quod per sortem (since Fate)
    sternit fortem, (strikes down the strong)
    mecum omnes plangite! (everyone weep with me!)

And some Music!

That goes with the medieval Latin lyrics.

14. - Top - End - #494

Ah! Carmina burana, such a sublime way to say that life is ****. :p
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    ....such a sublime way to say that life is ****. :p

You just gave a synopsis of a 1,000 years of Medieval philosophy!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

One part of my job is removing the books that nobody reads from my section of the library collection. My section is math and science. A lot of the books go unused. This makes me sad, even though I myself am not particularly a math or science geek.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    One part of my job is....

That would make me sad as well.

18. - Top - End - #498

Whenever I catch wind that someone I follow has mentioned me online, my first instinct is to download any video/sound and immediately try to YTP it into some horribly degenerate nonsense.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Whatever age you think I am, you are wrong

20. - Top - End - #500

Whatever age you think I am, you are wrong
    Based on that, I'm gonna say you're in the 2-89 age bracket. Am I in the ballpark?

21. - Top - End - #501
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

I just noticed I'm drunk. According to the calculator here, I am at 0.123%. So, I am starting to think I might be an alcoholic...

My name is Justin S...

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avianmosquito View Post
    I just noticed I'm drunk. According to the calculator here, I am at 0.123%. So, I am starting to think I might be an alcoholic...

My name is Justin S...
    Those calculators tend to be rough approximations at best, largely because stuff like "what you've eaten recently" is so critical.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Those calculators tend to be rough approximations at best, largely because stuff like "what you've eaten recently" is so critical.
    Not to mention a calculator that has the term "frat boy" is probably one to look at with a healthy level of skepticism.

.12 isn't that high. If your number was like.... .30 then we could talk. A .12 is just kinda buzzed.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

I get slightly annoyed by the memetic reference to "things within things" as "inception".
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Not to mention a calculator that has the term "frat boy" is probably one to look at with a healthy level of skepticism.

.12 isn't that high. If your number was like.... .30 then we could talk. A .12 is just kinda buzzed.
    It's more than enough that you shouldn't be driving, but that's less a matter of it being really drunk and more a matter of how cars are fundamentally dangerous machines weighing thousands of pounds that can move at high speeds. I'd be inclined to avoid driving at a .025 (calculated), given the aforementioned variability.

Also if the number was something like 0.30 that talking is questionable. There's a real risk of passing out there*.

*I'd call it a near certainty, but the literature disagrees and I suspect being a mile above sea level might have something to do with the discrepancy.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    I get slightly annoyed by the memetic reference to "things within things" as "inception".
    What do you propose we call it?

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Matryoshka?

Yes, I know it refers more to the design of the dolls than their nesting properties, but, meh.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Matryoshka?

Yes, I know it refers more to the design of the dolls than their nesting properties, but, meh.
    Matryoshka effect?

Matryoshka syndrome?

Sounds cool!

It shall be used.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

29. - Top - End - #509

Recursion.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I don't like movies that have too much sexual content such as Fifty Shades Of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker.