New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

The new uniques I've seen look pretty neat. There's apparently new skills, I hope one is a good movement skill. Or a way to get fortify on a spell, like flame dash.

Did our guild get off the ground? Astral and I still play together fairly frequently, and it'd be nice to map with some other giants.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ettin in the Playground

Checking in and saying hi to my fellow poe'ers(that looks so weird). I won't be playing anytime soon, still waiting for the new internet to be brought out here(They were up here two days ago though, so I have hope it's going to be soon). Just can't/couldn't deal with the lag anymore. Built the strongest character in my history of playing PoE, like...10x stronger then my previous stronger(not an overestimate either), and yet was still dying like I was a fresh noob.

Once I do get new internet though, I expect I'll be back to playing quite regularly. Was going to go with a new character, but I honestly want to remake my frost blade/Blade Flurry guy I was just running, just to see how strong it really is when lag isn't a factor. Still interested in being part of the guild as well, assuming we manage to get it up off the ground :)

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

If I get back to the game (which is always an open question with other games holding my interest, and RL interfering with play time), my next character would probably be some sort of Necromancer, given the QoL improvements that they've gotten recently

4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

I've been playing this on the Xbox, playing a Sundernaut, I think I'm going to reach the build's practical ceiling soon, and I've got a redo planned for next time with more attack speed. Going to persist to the end of the league though since it changes soon.

When the new league starts I think I'm going to try a shotgun archer with Point Blank and Shrapnel Shot. (I want to do a comedy ricochet/caustic arrow to leave pools of goo everywhere, but don't think it will be very good).

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, Dec 8th is the new league - Abyss, which is meant to be fairly similar to Breach. Sounds interesting and looks good, but it'll be interesting to hear how ranged characters go if you need to generate a multitude of trash to open the portal. Looks like it'll be fairly easy to get swarmed if you're not geared well (same as breach honestly).

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

So my computer, which is far from top of the line but is hardly a potato, can't run the game without having about a seconds' worth of input delay. After about two months of corresponding with the support staff over email they FINALLY hit on a solution (sort of) involving me using a program called MSI Afterburner which "regulates framerates" (I still don't have any real idea what that's supposed to mean) and makes the game run better-ish, but I'm still only getting like 10 FPS, but at least the input delay is gone. Note the delay is something that only started after the update in August, the game ran fine before that.

Anyway, ground effects destroy my framerates now. Also being gone from the game for three months has evidently completely destroyed my interest in it because it's not fun for me at all anymore. I want to like the game again, but I don't. So... maybe I'll check back in after another few months. I dunno, I'm just frustrated and venting I guess.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shpadoinkle View Post
    So my computer, which is far from top of the line but is hardly a potato, can't run the game without having about a seconds' worth of input delay. After about two months of corresponding with the support staff over email they FINALLY hit on a solution (sort of) involving me using a program called MSI Afterburner which "regulates framerates" (I still don't have any real idea what that's supposed to mean) and makes the game run better-ish, but I'm still only getting like 10 FPS, but at least the input delay is gone. Note the delay is something that only started after the update in August, the game ran fine before that.

Anyway, ground effects destroy my framerates now. Also being gone from the game for three months has evidently completely destroyed my interest in it because it's not fun for me at all anymore. I want to like the game again, but I don't. So... maybe I'll check back in after another few months. I dunno, I'm just frustrated and venting I guess.
    That was a known thing that has cause much consternation among many players, so you're not alone. Apparently it's worse for radeon cards, but ground effects appear to be quite taxing for many seemingly at random. I know that doesn't help you, but at least you know you're not the only one.

8. - Top - End - #938

NecromancerGuy

I noticed that the price of Mjolner had fallen to about 30c in standard, so i picked one up. Now I have to decide which character will get a mjolner build after the next skill tree reset or see if I can sell it for a prophet. I'm open to suggestions for fun builds, characters I've got to work with at the moment (levels on some may be higher by the reset).

Witch lvl 71
    Witch lvl 72
    Ranger lvl 79 (Currently HoWA Spectral throw, not planning to change it unless compelling suggestion is made)
    Duelist lvl 86 (Currently a flicker strike slayer with Kitava's Feast, gotten bored with it and playing with Meta more makes flicker less attractive)
    Templar lvl 80 (planning to respec into a slight variation of this Aegis Aurora/SR build, main problem I have playing with Meta is through a combination of playstyle, build and lag, I seem to be about 90% of the deaths that happen between the two of us, this should hopefully be tanky enough to keep up)
    Shadow lvl 78 (assassin heraldbomber w/ abberath's hooves to proc it, but only slightly faster clear than the ranger mentioned above and cant boss to save it's life. Based on this, but pretty sure I deviated skill tree a bit)
    Marauder lvl 87 (Ngamahu's cyclone berserker atm, previous league was RF juggernaut, both were fun, but if i can get my hands on a starforge, I'm going for the Unshaper we talked about a while ago. I know I said I was getting a bit bored with my flicker strike slayer, & how it struggles with team play, but meta already clears stuff fast and well, we only really struggle with bosses and me killing myself on reflect stuff by accident, having stupid high single target would be quite helpful for us.)
    Long-form Sig

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

So, after a month or so, I got back on my Witch Necro. Got her to level 30. Got all of the +1 zombie passives, working my way to +1 Spectre. Also picked up a +30 Str and +30 Dex passive along the way for skills.

I got a wand with +1 Fire Skills, which has my SRS -> Minion Damage -> Splash Damage, and I finally got a 4L chest piece with Zombie/Minion Damage/Melee Physical Damage/Melee Splash who are doing an impressive amount of clearing for me at the moment. I have Flame Dash as my mobility skill. I have Desecrate and Spirit Offering (bonus chaos damage just seems really fun), and I picked up Hatred (hence the dex passive) + Generosity. I figured Generosity was a no-brainer on a necro who does no direct damage, and all of the damage is coming from minions. Plus should make me more party-friendly. I've got a Convocation skill gem, but no where to put it. Likewise with a Blasphemy skill gem, and I don't know if I want to reserve that much of my mana pool at the moment.

My biggest problem at the moment is my resists, I think my lowest is only around 40's, and that's Lightning. Cold is better at 55% and Fire is almost 70%. I've got a pair of resist all rings, one with CR the other with FR also on them, but my amulet is a stat amulet that is kind of locked into place at the moment due to the melee augments on my pets. Actually, I think the 30 Str passive might have put me back over, will have to check that. But my immediate goal is to cap my resists as I'm getting closer to the end of Act 3.

Lab keeps kicking my butt. Straight up 'lrn2move', is my suspicion on why.

Right now, my build is Armor/ES hybrid, or at least most of my gear is Armor/ES. I don't have any passives devoted to ES yet, and I don't know if I ever will. I don't know how viable ES play is, and I have a sneaking suspicion the answer is 'not very'. Right now, I'm kind of steamrolling everything I run into with my pets. Those dudes in the library that shoot the frost wave? Those make really good spectres at my level, I've found. And my SRS kill anything my zombies seem to ignore.

I've got no legendaries worth mentioning. I know I want The Baron eventually, but I'm not going to be able to afford one any time soon, so unless I luck into one, that's not going to happen before the league ends.

So... in general, am I at least in the general ballpark for Doing It Right? Any tips ot offer?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I noticed that the price of Mjolner had fallen to about 30c in standard, so i picked one up. Now I have to decide which character will get a mjolner build after the next skill tree reset
    Duelist lvl 86 (Currently a flicker strike slayer with Kitava's Feast, gotten bored with it and playing with Meta more makes flicker less attractive)
    Gladiator with Sunder and maxBlock might be an idea, with Mjölner socketed with Tempest Shield, Conductivity and ... idk, Shock Nova?, and then put a Phys->Lightning in your Sunder gem-chain

11. - Top - End - #941

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Right now, my build is Armor/ES hybrid, or at least most of my gear is Armor/ES. I don't have any passives devoted to ES yet, and I don't know if I ever will. I don't know how viable ES play is, and I have a sneaking suspicion the answer is 'not very'.
    There's a difference between "usable in the game" viable and "PoE forums" viable. I suspect energy shield is the former.

Also, there are a number of ES nodes that are quite close to minion nodes anyway, so it will be easy to grab them. Like when you go over for Herd the Flock/Puppetmaster you can go down towards the Scion start to grab Gravepact and that puts you near Foresight, and Death Attunement and Unnatural Calm are near each other. this would give you basically all the minion nodes plus 116% ES/+50 base ES and still have plenty of room for expansion.

(Also, I hear everyone will have to lern2move after VP nerf....)

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Lab keeps kicking my butt. Straight up 'lrn2move', is my suspicion on why.
    So... in general, am I at least in the general ballpark for Doing It Right? Any tips ot offer?
    As to the former, I suspect that it's a combination of resists, lrn2move and minion AI.

For the later, well, it depends on what you want and how much playtime you have. Personally, I'd just stop playing and remake her for the new league as lvl 30 is only a couple of hours of playtime, but if you don't mind putting the hours in to finish her before Abyss starts, or if you don't care about being relegated to standard, then you are roughly on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    There's a difference between "usable in the game" viable and "PoE forums" viable. I suspect energy shield is the former.
    It depends on how far you want to go. If you just want to beat Kitava and call it a day, then sure, ES is playable, if sub-optimal. If you want to do mid-tier maps, you'd better be packing at least 2 of: GG gear, very strong build or "l33t skillz". If you're aiming to do endgame content, there's only a miniscule portion of builds that are viable with ES (ED Occultist being the only one that's worth mentioning). Necro can be doable with ES simply due to meat-shield mechanics, but it's probably still better off going life, especially if you're aiming for 1k str with Baron.

13. - Top - End - #943

ES is definitely worse for face-tanking bosses now, but it seems fine for even end game stuff if you dodge a little. I don't have anything over 1 exalt in price I'd say, and nothing one shots me. ED is absurd regen against the big packs that can normally focus someone down.

The biggest issue as Astral said, is boss damage. I've got something like 1 more node of DoT, 2 more of spell damage, and then some stronger jewels and that's it, I'm 100. Still feels like bosses take awhile, though I do have gear improvements I can make. Getting a 6L among them. I've got a wand with decay for bosses now, and have my eye on a ring up for trade that has good chaos damage %.

Spoiler: Build
    Show
    www.poeurl.com/bA9y

That's my 4 jewel build, probably respeccing slightly to get more jewels as I get more good 4 affix jewels. I've got a couple aura nodes as I run Haste, Purity of Fire/Lightning, Discipline, Temporal Chains, Enfeeble.

Mobs and mapping are great, just the end game bosses are being tough as my damage feels low. Just tried minotaur and could have corpse rushed him, but I'd rather get to the point where I can no-death him. Any suggestions on upping damage against bosses?
    Last edited by Meta; 2017-11-25 at 07:29 AM.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    ES is definitely worse for face-tanking bosses now, but it seems fine for even end game stuff if you dodge a little. I don't have anything over 1 exalt in price I'd say, and nothing one shots me. ED is absurd regen against the big packs that can normally focus someone down.
    ED is one of the very, very few builds that can make use of ES, with there being a small handful of alternatives like SR trickster and expensive RF builds, but that's about it. Almost anything else is better off going life (and MOM, though that's build dependant). Can you imagine if leech had a 2 second delay between the last time you got hit and when it started applying?

There's going to be a new slayer master race quite a few changes with the Vaal Pact rework, but the real interesting one for me is if we finally get some reliable caster leech to stop having Berserkers being the go-to caster due to sustain issues. Very keen for this as the maps have needed a freshen up for a while and ability to try out some end game content at lower levels is nice for SSF people like me who couldn't buy their way to victory.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

I had considered ED/Contagion build, but ultimately went with minionmancer instead. I'd used ED/Contagion as a backup to my pets at one point, but eventually phased it out as my pets came fully online.

I'm assuming that any kind of leech/gain life per hit type runes won't work when paired with minions? I am trying to figure how to get some kind of passive life generation going. With my sunderbarian, it was easy enough, but my minionmancer is going to have a somewhat more difficult time of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #946

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post

The biggest issue as Astral said, is boss damage. I've got something like 1 more node of DoT, 2 more of spell damage, and then some stronger jewels and that's it, I'm 100. Still feels like bosses take awhile, though I do have gear improvements I can make. Getting a 6L among them. I've got a wand with decay for bosses now, and have my eye on a ring up for trade that has good chaos damage %.

Spoiler: Build
    Show
    www.poeurl.com/bA9y

That's my 4 jewel build, probably respeccing slightly to get more jewels as I get more good 4 affix jewels. I've got a couple aura nodes as I run Haste, Purity of Fire/Lightning, Discipline, Temporal Chains, Enfeeble.

Mobs and mapping are great, just the end game bosses are being tough as my damage feels low. Just tried minotaur and could have corpse rushed him, but I'd rather get to the point where I can no-death him. Any suggestions on upping damage against bosses?
    I'm on my phone right now so I can't open the build, but I think getting all your gems to 20/20 will help (iirc you said they were mostly 19 last time, but that might be old info though). If you can get 21/20 or 20/23 gems by vaaling them even better.

If i can fit a generosity-haste somewhere in my guardian rebuild, that would probably give a little bit of a dps bump over self cast haste when we're playing together, but again I'm on my phone and cant check that right now.
    Long-form Sig

17. - Top - End - #947

I'm on my phone right now so I can't open the build, but I think getting all your gems to 20/20 will help (iirc you said they were mostly 19 last time, but that might be old info though). If you can get 21/20 or 20/23 gems by vaaling them even better.

If i can fit a generosity-haste somewhere in my guardian rebuild, that would probably give a little bit of a dps bump over self cast haste when we're playing together, but again I'm on my phone and cant check that right now.
    20/20 basically across the board now. I do have 20% quality EDs leveling in my backup weapons now though, so when those hit level 20 again I'll be Vaaling them.

Gear wise I still have a lot of improvements to make. Chayula's Presence and a good chaos damage ring are big. Getting a 40% Essence Drain enchantment on my helm might take awhile...

Lots of jewels to get better versions of, a legacy Energy from Within, tons of skills gems to Vaal and max quality. There's a lot of gear in PoE.

I think that I have almost enough mana reservation % to remove an Enlightenment and slot something else in to my helm...

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Are there any builds that do Chaos damage other than ED/Contagion? I like the idea of almost nothing being able to resist what I do, to reduce RNGness in general.

Also, are there any builds that can leverage bleed/poison effectively? I like the idea, but from what I am given to understand, the implementation is lousy.

I'm just thinking of ideas for the next league, trying out different types of builds to find one that fits my play style.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #949
    Troll in the Playground

Anything with Void Pact is chaos damage, and that skill is rather strong right now.

Blight is also viable, but builds rather similarly to ED/Contagion.

Similarly, poison deals chaos damage and I recall hearing about at least one viable build with that...

Oh, and I think Caustic Arrow does pretty well too.
    Last edited by Tome; 2017-11-27 at 11:13 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Anything with Void Pact is chaos damage, and that skill is rather strong right now.

Blight is also viable, but builds rather similarly to ED/Contagion.

Similarly, poison deals chaos damage and I recall hearing about at least one viable build with that...

Oh, and I think Caustic Arrow does pretty well too.
    Wait... poison damage is Chaos? I thought it was physical, basically the physical equivalent of Burning or something.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Wait... poison damage is Chaos? I thought it was physical, basically the physical equivalent of Burning or something.
    That's bleeding, poison has always been chaos.

I wouldn't worry too much about builds just yet, there should be a bunch of balance changes as well as the new gems and possible tweaks to dots and the skill tree that should shake things up enough that planning a build now probably isn't going to achieve much.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Can Spell Echo combo with summon skills like SRS to summon twice with a single cast? Would mean a lot less spell haste needed to cap out numbers.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #953

NecromancerGuy

Can Spell Echo combo with summon skills like SRS to summon twice with a single cast? Would mean a lot less spell haste needed to cap out numbers.
    Its been a long time since I playing any sort of summoner beyond a single golem for the buff, but im pretty sure that with zombies and skeletons spell echo does exactly that, cast once, get two
    Long-form Sig

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

It works with all summons.

Hence, needing to remove your spell echo when setting up your spectres or else it'll raise both the corpse you're targeting and the next nearest one as well.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

So... finally beat the first Labrynth, learned how to move, I suppose. The second fight with him was a bit of a wakeup call, though, since I'm still something of a glass cannon. But hey, picked up the ascendency that gives bonuses on auras to me and my allies, including my pets. It may mean ditching Generosity off of Hatred, though, because I'll definitely be wanting the bonus resist all, which will get me hitting my caps just as I am entering the last part of Act III. Actually, it'll over-cap me on two of the three, which is probably not going to be a bad thing considering IIRC my resists are going to tank after this act-end boss is done.

Finally got me a decent 4L helm with +1 Minion Gems Socketed, which is about as good as I will realistically get.

Right now, I'm less worried about finishing the league as I am just learning how to play the game itself.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956

NecromancerGuy

If you're talking about the commander of darkness necromancer ascendancy, I'd try to fit a lvl 1 clarity somewhere before I took hatred off of generosity. It will only reserve 34 mana and give you that same bonus to resists.
    Long-form Sig

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

If you're talking about the commander of darkness necromancer ascendancy, I'd try to fit a lvl 1 clarity somewhere before I took hatred off of generosity. It will only reserve 34 mana and give you that same bonus to resists.
    My mana pool is pretty low, I don't know if I can afford reserving 85% mana just yet. But I've only got one more passive to get +1 Spectre, then I can pick up some beefy mana passives behind the one that lets you take a percentage of damage to mana. At that point, my mana problems become less problematic and I can pretty trivially find a home for Clarity, which helps with mana regen anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #958

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    That's bleeding, poison has always been chaos.

I wouldn't worry too much about builds just yet, there should be a bunch of balance changes as well as the new gems and possible tweaks to dots and the skill tree that should shake things up enough that planning a build now probably isn't going to achieve much.
    Also everything you do is going to get booted to Standard next week anyway....

I rerolled my Sundernaut and have gotten back up to the same point I was at, at the same level with roughly equivalent gear I have about 3x the DPS and more health this time. Now just having to farm maps. (Do slightly wish there were more reliable drops for maps linked to the one you're on). Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out at the weekend though so might get distracted until WftA.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Bugbear in the Playground

Question Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

I just heard from Grinding Gears that we are getting some new support gems...

- thoughts ?

30. - Top - End - #960

Flumph

I'm semi interested in the new Volley support. Like Multiple Projectiles but they go in a line not a fan. Given the size of many bosses you should be able to hit them with two if not three of the projectiles.

Not sure what I fancy putting it on though.

Maybe Barrage. That could be fun.