New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

My new cold snap build is going strong.
    The dps is a little lower than I'd like, but it makes up for it with maneuverability.
    It's a little weird. I've never had a build where I'm not using any unique gear.

My new plan is to get every syndicate member with bad rewards, and put them on transportation.
    And then never do its stronghold.
    I'm hoping that'll up the results from stronghouses, but it may become too annoying to keep track of.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    My new cold snap build is going strong.
    The dps is a little lower than I'd like, but it makes up for it with maneuverability.
    It's a little weird. I've never had a build where I'm not using any unique gear.
    Playing cold Snap as well, and Uniques I'm looking at, at least for a medium-length time, would certainly be Rime Gaze and Taryn's Shiver
    Last edited by Sian; 2018-12-18 at 03:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm in a rather unique position of not needing any more uniques to complete my build too. (There are a few which would help boost my power, like Shimmeron or Void Battery, or super chase items like Loreweave or Headhunters), but essentially, I can map till yellow maps very comfortably with this.

It's a rather liberating feeling.
    Last edited by Grif; 2018-12-19 at 12:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beat Uber Elder deathless for the first time. I had two 1 death runs before, and I finally broke through. 5th run total I believe.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Beat Uber Elder deathless for the first time. I had two 1 death runs before, and I finally broke through. 5th run total I believe.
    Well done and congratulations. What ascendancy and build?

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

My time has been greatly enhanced by a rock solid wand which has about 115% spell damage and adds 5% as extra chaos damage. That means I get to run a Herald of Agony as well, adding the Agony Crawler to a build that hands out hits like candy (4 brands ticking 4 times a second to three targets each) get to keep about 30 stacks on the crawler.

Also reworked my Herald of Thunder with Curse on Hit/Enfeebled and added a Cascaded Temporal Chains with Arcane Surge that I can keep handing out whilst my brands do their thing.

My gear otherwise isn’t too great though. Far too much Resistance, way over 75% but I just haven’t found anything that fits and does better. (SSF).

7. - Top - End - #1327

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Well done and congratulations. What ascendancy and build?
    LL BV Trickster. I snag pretty much all the aura nodes to get all 3 purities up to a +6% max res, a good discipline, warlord's, and hatred. I did Phys -> Cold -> Fire conversion, but that requires a specific watcher's eye. Or at least did, idk about these new veiled mods. Lightning is probably easier, I assume. Need to make it elemental for easier scaling and EO, though. Level 98.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Probably should have done this first for the fellow PoB fanatics: https://pastebin.com/6XjqhDWt

I swap improved duration, increased AoE, Combustion for Conc. Effect, Elemental Focus, and Fire Pen when switching from mapping to bossing. I don't bother swapping on guardians unless they have scary mods. They're socketed in to a balefire for HotGM.

Only solo mod I can't do without a sextant countering it is Ele reflect. Phys reflect is fine, backup weapon converts my remaining phys to chaos. Can't do Hexproof + no regen when they're combined.

Overall, very stable build. I rush through t16s like a lawnmower. Haven't attempted deep delves yet, but I think it will be good. Only Uber Atziri and Uber Elder still kill me sometimes, but never enough to fail the map.

There's some places I could improve gear, as all of that is from before fossils were a thing, but I'm thinking about putting the effort in to my other character, a CI HoWA Raider.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

so this is my first serious play through (before this i only ever made it to act 3 lol) and I'm doing a baron zombie build. I've gotten to the endgame content but holy crap i'm so sick of needing so many uniques and gems. My resists are okay and i'm handling the content just fine, but I just absolutely cannot indulge my urge to tinker or craft cool armors because every unique in this build serves a purpose. Im thinking of rerolling into a winter orb build (after I at least do shaper and elder). anyone here have experience with that?

also how bout that foothills grinding, eh?

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    My new plan is to get every syndicate member with bad rewards, and put them on transportation.
    And then never do its stronghold.
    I'm hoping that'll up the results from stronghouses, but it may become too annoying to keep track of.
    i'm fairly certain that the more people you have on a branch cause it to spawn more frequently. I find that after I get the important people where they need to go and ranked up, its useful to use crappy people on those locations (research or intervention usually) to rank up maybe once and then interrogate to help my get those safe houses faster.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been toying around with a few builds since the new league started, but I'm a pretty casual player and haven't gotten super far with any of them.

First I tried an ice-crit Assasin build using the new Winter Orb skill in a CwhC setup. It was pretty good damage - and it's fun to shatter things - but it ended up feeling a bit squishy.

I then started up a Ranged Attack Totem Ranger, because my Shadow found the quiver that gives an extra totem. But it had the opposite problem - didn't feel like it did quite enough damage for my liking. Perhaps it was lack of a good bow - I only play SSF, so I'm fairly dependent on the whims of RNG.

Finally, I decided for a trapper Saboteur, since I never got around to try that back in the league where they added a bunch of new trap stuff. I really like how he is working out so far. Currently using Arc Traps for crowds and Explosive Trap for single target burst. I lucked out and found a pair of Deerstalkers, so my Arc Trap is essentially 5-linked now (normally that would take me quite a while to achieve on SSF). Explosive Trap also seems like amazing burst damage for bosses so far - more often than not the 'talky' bosses die practically immediately upon activation, because I've been spamming traps under their feet while they did their dialogue. He also feels more survivable than the other two - Pyromaniac helps a bunch with the huge life regen it gives, and I think I've also been better at grabbing life on the passive tree this time around.

12. - Top - End - #1332

NecromancerGuy

I put together a 99% phys -> elemental conversion flicker strike build using golden rule and the red trail boots to generate frenzy charges. It was doing ok over the last week, plenty of frenzy charges, but damage was lacking. This morning I got two abyss jewels that managed to slightly more than double my damage output, so now its doing great. Ultimately I want to switch over to CI with Apep's Supremacy.

There's definitely room for improvement still, but if anyone's interested, it's my Trickster. https://pastebin.com/Y2PRtxmT
    Long-form Sig

13. - Top - End - #1333

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I put together a 99% phys -> elemental conversion flicker strike build using golden rule and the red trail boots to generate frenzy charges. It was doing ok over the last week, plenty of frenzy charges, but damage was lacking. This morning I got two abyss jewels that managed to slightly more than double my damage output, so now its doing great. Ultimately I want to switch over to CI with Apep's Supremacy.

There's definitely room for improvement still, but if anyone's interested, it's my Trickster. https://pastebin.com/Y2PRtxmT
    You need a new helm with some life on it.

14. - Top - End - #1334

Craft savvy friends, I request your advice.
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

I have the ideal suffixes for stacking Int, and would like to preserve them, along with the open suffix to eventually craft % attributes. I need to reroll the prefixes until I get something good.

Is there a more efficient technique than this?

Step 1: Craft "can have multiple crafted mods"
    Step 2: Craft "Suffixes can't be changed"
    Step 3: Chaos Orb
    Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 until good ES rolls
    Step 5: Scour "Can have multiple crafted mods"
    Step 6: Craft % attributes.
    Last edited by Meta; 2019-01-26 at 05:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Craft savvy friends, I request your advice.
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

I have the ideal suffixes for stacking Int, and would like to preserve them, along with the open suffix to eventually craft % attributes. I need to reroll the prefixes until I get something good.

Is there a more efficient technique than this?

Step 1: Craft "can have multiple crafted mods"
    Step 2: Craft "Suffixes can't be changed"
    Step 3: Chaos Orb
    Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 until good ES rolls
    Step 5: Scour "Can have multiple crafted mods"
    Step 6: Craft % attributes.
    Either buy what you want, spam fossils or alt/regal/annul/multi, anything else is generally throwing money away.

Also, if you do step 5 above, you'll be in for disaapointment since multi-mod is a suffix and Suffixes can't be changed is an affix, so if you scour, you'll just wipe all the affixes you just wasted all your currency getting.

16. - Top - End - #1336

Either buy what you want, spam fossils or alt/regal/annul/multi, anything else is generally throwing money away.

Also, if you do step 5 above, you'll be in for disaapointment since multi-mod is a suffix and Suffixes can't be changed is an affix, so if you scour, you'll just wipe all the affixes you just wasted all your currency getting.
    Just scour the crafting mods. Remove crafting mods or whatever its called.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Just scour the crafting mods. Remove crafting mods or whatever its called.
    That's not a thing anymore IIRC, though you can exchange crafts via the new bench at the cost of a scour. Nevermind, I'm a dingus, I just never scrolled down that far.

As always, you really need to ask yourself if you couldn't just buy a better item for the cost of not only the mods (multi-mod is already 2 ex just for that), but also the boatload of currency you're going to throw at it.

If this is just for fun because I notice you've got 17 ex in your stash, or if you're going to quit the league shortly and you don't care that you lose your currency because you don't play dumpster league standard, then go nuts, but if you want to do this to get a nice chest, then you've almost certainly got better options available to just buy at this point.

Alternately, you could throw Dense Fossils at it and hope for a nice ES roll since those are basically free if you've been delving at all.

Deafening essences of spite is another one to consider since that is always going to hand out fat int rolls, but they're expensive (less expensive than some, but still pricy enough that it's probably not a great plan).
    Last edited by Drasius; 2019-01-26 at 08:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1338

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/se...ndard/EOXljyt5

That's the search for Int/Int% shaper vaal regs at 30% quality and 6 linked like mine. Quick rundown:

The cheapest is 75 ex and it's pretty bad for me, a HoWA build. The int roll is pretty garbage, one of the mods is wasted.

The second one is pretty decent. It doesn't have the t1 Essence roll mine has, but it's solid all around. It is however, 122 Ex.

The third is excellent. And 4 mirrors.

The fourth and final is mine.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/se...ndard/EOXljyt5

That's the search for Int/Int% shaper vaal regs at 30% quality and 6 linked like mine. Quick rundown:

The cheapest is 75 ex and it's pretty bad for me, a HoWA build. The int roll is pretty garbage, one of the mods is wasted.

The second one is pretty decent. It doesn't have the t1 Essence roll mine has, but it's solid all around. It is however, 122 Ex.

The third is excellent. And 4 mirrors.

The fourth and final is mine.
    AH, totally missed that it was a 6L, I saw 6S and didn't bother checking further. My search turned up a bunch of stuff for ~15ex, which, while very, very respectable, isn't the realms of wealth that you're talking about and it would be very easy to waste more than that trying to hit flat ES and % ES in high enough tiers to be worthwhile.

Fossils will get you some heavily weighted ES rolls for less chaos than, well, chaos spamming, but then, you're playing standard, so I'm not sure how the price works there where everything is screwy. Added bonus for fossils/resonators is that they can block a bunch of garbage mods that do nothing for you, which is nice.

Good luck in your adventure

20. - Top - End - #1340

AH, totally missed that it was a 6L, I saw 6S and didn't bother checking further. My search turned up a bunch of stuff for ~15ex, which, while very, very respectable, isn't the realms of wealth that you're talking about and it would be very easy to waste more than that trying to hit flat ES and % ES in high enough tiers to be worthwhile.

Fossils will get you some heavily weighted ES rolls for less chaos than, well, chaos spamming, but then, you're playing standard, so I'm not sure how the price works there where everything is screwy. Added bonus for fossils/resonators is that they can block a bunch of garbage mods that do nothing for you, which is nice.

Good luck in your adventure
    Care to share your search? I checked again and the same 4 popped up.

Fossil spam was the plan, but I had 3 Essences, so I figured I'd use them up.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I was searching betrayal, not standard, so that explains the lack of inflation. Search betrayal for 50+ int and 10%+ int on a vaal regalia base and you should see what I was looking at.

4 mirrors for that other chest seems insane since there's 900 Es chests up for mirror service in betrayal, but hey, what do I know?

22. - Top - End - #1342

Yeah, standard prices get a bit nutty unfortunately. Do the 900 ES chests also have the flat and % int? If so, maybe I can wait and grab one of those.

23. - Top - End - #1343

NecromancerGuy

I'm on vacation without my laptop, so I can't double check right now, but I think I have a 5l 6s 720 es chest and a corrupted 6l 600 es chest. Let me know if you want details on either of them and I'll check in a week once I'm home. As for the metacrafting, it's about 1.5ex right now worth of jewrlers and fuses to make something 6l. If you can find a non-corrupt chest that has the int & es that you want, it's probably cheaper to craft the sockets than the mods.
    Long-form Sig

24. - Top - End - #1344

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I'm on vacation without my laptop, so I can't double check right now, but I think I have a 5l 6s 720 es chest and a corrupted 6l 600 es chest. Let me know if you want details on either of them and I'll check in a week once I'm home. As for the metacrafting, it's about 1.5ex right now worth of jewrlers and fuses to make something 6l. If you can find a non-corrupt chest that has the int & es that you want, it's probably cheaper to craft the sockets than the mods.
    I messaged a few people with good mirrored copies on Betrayal as well. See if I can snag one at the end of the league, just need to sell that Shavs. My base can sit for awhile.

I also found that shield you wanted from the t3 toxic garden room. It's in guild stash.

Check on anything you have certainly, I'm window shopping.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well I finished up my league goals.
    I made it to level 100, got 36/40 challenges, and crafted a majority of my final gear.
    And got 70 ex closer to my, get 1 of every currency fund.

Final character if anyone wants to see:
    It's a 5 curse, cold snap/vortex, occultist
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ngAlgoBetrayal

I'm especially happy with my helm and belt.
    And while the body armour I have is good, I destroyed 2 better ones to double corrupts.
    Lastly, the combo of soul catcher and solstice vigil was also really good, giving me almost 100% up-time on vaal cold snap.

26. - Top - End - #1346

NecromancerGuy

New league announcement looks intriguing. The pathing memories thing seems like the kind of thing I usually really enjoy. Spell rebalance has been needed in some form for a long time, and if they do a good job with encouraging self casting without completely nerfing the current meta-defining triggered casting, I'll be very happy.

I was looking at possibilities for some form of self cast CI essence drain as a build for next league before the announcement, so I'm excited for details to come. Goal is 0 mandatory uniques, since I often run very unique heavy builds. Any suggestions would be appreciated once more details are available.

@sleepy hedgehog
    Congrats on making the goals! Way further than I've ever managed in league.
    Long-form Sig

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

The new Malevolence aura might breathe new life into Chaos/DoT builds. Maybe that ED/Contagion build will finally start working out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

From the look of it, I think I'm going to give the league a miss

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

I'm up for it for the new league.

I'm torn between Soulrend and Bane for a caster for this one. Running some kind of summoner with an army of skeletons and zombies and standing at the back handing out curses with Bane seems like it might be fun times. (Probably on an Occultist making Bane the actual primary and the summons as support. Depending on how Bane works, it seems to treat curses as support gems, but not sure whether it changes when it applies the curses (as it applies all linked curses) or from them just being there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    The new Malevolence aura might breathe new life into Chaos/DoT builds. Maybe that ED/Contagion build will finally start working out.
    I think "Essence Drain but it works now" is what Soulrend is supposed to be.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2019-02-22 at 07:27 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1350

NecromancerGuy

Just got my first solo shaper kill! Voidwalker drop, 3 deaths on first phase from bad bodyswap placements, but deathless 2nd and 3rd phase.

Did it with a level 92 Juggernaught, dual poet's pen, unearth/bodyswap/volatile dead.

Funny thing is, I've been killing shaper/uber elder since about level 85 with the same build with Meta, but our combined dps means that they melt before they can kill me (usually).
    Long-form Sig