New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Any feedback on my build, by the way?
    Not much, other than it feels like you need more ES, but there's not much to drop other than maybe the Potency of Will and Jewel socket near the centre, but each to their own.You've still got a couple more levels, so there's some more ES right there, but if you're already not dying, then there's more damage to be squeezed out too. Most things below are minor tweaks rather than revelations.

You could get a little out of going through Coldhearted Calculation and Fangs of the Viper in the shadow area to connect to Method to the Madness instead of taking the Trickery/Soul Siphon/Coordination line south from Melding. It'd get you a touch more damage, EV, ES, all res, AoE, movespeed and shave 2 points at the cost of some mana and a bit of cast speed. Alternately, you could still pick up coordination and come out 1 point ahead, but I think either of the notables on the new path (Lethal Assault or Resourcefulness) or the option below would be better options.

You could trade some spell damage near the start for the new arcane swiftness cluster over near Atrophy, but it'd only gain 8% cast speed and 3% block at the cost of a another skill point and 2% less damage which is personal preference.

That jewel down near Shaper/Potency is ... not great, but without a PoB link, I can't tell if you need the stats and/or resists.

An argument could be made for trading your ring slot and Malediction for Vile Bastion and your choice of ring, but again, it's a tradeoff and one that's probably not worth it unless you're dying or taking more damage than you'd like.

One thing I can point out is that you're missing a boot enchant. There's a couple that are good for you - the 80% stun avoidance would stack with the new arcane swiftess notable to free up your ring slot. Life and mana regen is always solid, increased movespeed is for winners and a bit of spell dodge never hurt either. Given that there's only 15 mods for boots, it shouldn't take too many attempts to get something good/relevant for you.

Your gloves could be better too, shaper gloves can have faster casting & cast speed, which would be free up a link. Alternately, using some daefening essences would get you a bunch of flat ES and maybe even a decent % ES too.

Other than those minor points, any further upgrades are probably going to be pretty costly.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, picking up some of the ES nodes that I'm right next to is on my to do list. I am planning on switching away from Malediction to Vile Bastion, and dropping one of the blasphemies (I figure I can just switch between enfeeble and temporal chains as needed) when I do would also free up enough mana to respec out of Sovereignty and Arcane Will. Combined with the repathing you pointed out (thanks for that btw) I should be able to grab another 52% ES increase. Just need something like 21 respec points to do it.

I do intend to keep the Potency of Will nodes though. The longer my dot keeps ticking, the longer I can concentrate on dodging without having to refresh.

Not a big fan of cast speed nodes for this build for similar playstyle reasons, since ED only needs casting once every eight seconds or so thanks to the duration increases.

I am thinking of switching to the Soul Strike and bow I have in my backup slots. It does lose me a bunch of, well, everything, but it shaves my recharge delay from 1.55s to 0.98s. Prooooobably not worth it though.

I'll have a scrounge for a better jewel, along with some boots and gloves. The boots are mostly because Steppan Eard and Sin Treds have higher ES than anything else I could get, though I suppose the lack of any other benefits save movespeed probably makes them not worth it.

EDIT Wait, would getting 100% stun avoidance make me immune to stun? Because if a boots enchant + arcane swiftness will make me immune, I could consider Withering Presence. It's a fairly massive damage increase (and depending on the withering aura effectiveness I could make my totem a bane or blight one, to have a secondary source of damage).

EDIT2 No, that's only if I've killed recently. My big problems with stun are before I cast (and therefore kill).
    Last edited by Tome; 2019-03-19 at 10:32 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The boots are mostly because Steppan Eard and Sin Treds have higher ES than anything else I could get, though I suppose the lack of any other benefits save movespeed probably makes them not worth it.
    Steppan Eard is actually pretty nice since it removes desecrated ground dot and hands out boosts for the other ground effects. They're pretty common in mapping and for an ES build, dots are a big pain since they interupt ES recharge, so it's nice to get rid of 'em. Sin treks are nice for getting dex on an ES build (which is usually templar/witch and so has a hard time getting dex more often than not).

EDIT Wait, would getting 100% stun avoidance make me immune to stun? Because if a boots enchant + arcane swiftness will make me immune, I could consider Withering Presence. It's a fairly massive damage increase (and depending on the withering aura effectiveness I could make my totem a bane or blight one, to have a secondary source of damage).

EDIT2 No, that's only if I've killed recently. My big problems with stun are before I cast (and therefore kill).
    How often have you not killed though? I guess for boss fights, but there's usually a bunch of adds to kill.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Steppan Eard is actually pretty nice since it removes desecrated ground dot and hands out boosts for the other ground effects. They're pretty common in mapping and for an ES build, dots are a big pain since they interupt ES recharge, so it's nice to get rid of 'em. Sin treks are nice for getting dex on an ES build (which is usually templar/witch and so has a hard time getting dex more often than not).
    I'm good on the dex, thanks to running off to the shadow end of things for the DoT/Chaos damage stuff. Might be nice if I could find some boots with consistently useful modifiers other than ES and movespeed, but rares just don't get that much ES, apparently

EDIT Yeah, even with maxed out T1 rolls for both +Maximum ES and %Increased ES it's only a gain of 297 ES total. Not much I can do for upgrading the boots.

Same applies to the gloves, unfortunately. Unless I can get T1-T2 prefixes for both forms of ES increase I'm losing out, and the gain from it is pretty minimal. The faster casting thing might be good though.

How often have you not killed though? I guess for boss fights, but there's usually a bunch of adds to kill.
    The exact moment I need stun immunity most - when approaching a new pack and about to apply my dots - is also the moment when I'm mostly likely not to have killed recently.

Fun thing I noticed. If I use Soul Strike I can get my recharge delay below the duration of my CoDT Immortal Call. For physical damage at least it'd mean the only time I'd be vulnerable would also be the time during which my ES recharge couldn't be stopped. Probably keep that in mind if there's ever anything that's primarily physical damage.
    Last edited by Tome; 2019-03-20 at 09:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm good on the dex, thanks to running off to the shadow end of things for the DoT/Chaos damage stuff. Might be nice if I could find some boots with consistently useful modifiers other than ES and movespeed, but rares just don't get that much ES, apparently

EDIT Yeah, even with maxed out T1 rolls for both +Maximum ES and %Increased ES it's only a gain of 297 ES total. Not much I can do for upgrading the boots.

Same applies to the gloves, unfortunately. Unless I can get T1-T2 prefixes for both forms of ES increase I'm losing out, and the gain from it is pretty minimal. The faster casting thing might be good though.
    I didn't think that was right, so I grabbed your character in PoB and yeah, you can get over 600 more additional ES if you manage to get some mirror-worthy perfect T1 ES fingerless silk gloves - about as unlikely as it gets, but it's possible. To be fair, I looked up the price of even a moderate upgrade to 180 ES gloves and the minimum is about 1.5 Ex. You're not wrong on the boots - the cheapest rare I can find with more ES than Steppan Ards or Sin Treks is 35 Ex. Jesus H. tapdancing Christ on a pogo stick, Standard prices are weird.

The exact moment I need stun immunity most - when approaching a new pack and about to apply my dots - is also the moment when I'm mostly likely not to have killed recently.

Fun thing I noticed. If I use Soul Strike I can get my recharge delay below the duration of my CoDT Immortal Call. For physical damage at least it'd mean the only time I'd be vulnerable would also be the time during which my ES recharge couldn't be stopped. Probably keep that in mind if there's ever anything that's primarily physical damage.
    Maybe too obvious, but Brine King Pantheon?

Also, there's more than a few things that are majority Phys - Syndicate is a good example but there's a very large amount of phys on most monsters, it's just a question if the investment is worth it when you get so many map mods with x% phys as [element]

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Barbarian in the Playground

the cheapest rare I can find with more ES than Steppan Ards or Sin Treks is 35 Ex. Jesus H. tapdancing Christ on a pogo stick, Standard prices are weird.
    There's just not a lot of sellers on a lot of the time, and some people put astronomical prices to try and get rich quick. It shouldn't take too many dense fossils to beat sin treks.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    There's just not a lot of sellers on a lot of the time, and some people put astronomical prices to try and get rich quick. It shouldn't take too many dense fossils to beat sin treks.
    Also Standard is full of people who have all their accumulated currency since forever so trade prices are comically high.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    How do fossils work btw? I wasn't playing during Delve.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

How do fossils work btw? I wasn't playing during Delve.
    Imagine a cross between a chaos orb and an essence. Put fossil(s) into resonators, they have some mods that they change the weighting for and some they prohibit entirely. Different resonators can take between 1-4 fossils.

For example, jam a Dense fossil into a primitive resonator, then right click and use on ES base, hope for high tier flat and % ES, sell for mucho munny. Since Dense fossils block life rolls, you don't have to worry about any of the 15 or so tiers of life roll ****ting up your nice ES base.

You can add more fossils to block multiple types of rolls, so if you put a Pristine fossil and a Dense fossil in the same resonator, you'll block Armour, Evasion, ES and Life Mods.

Using a Perfect fossil will boost the Quality to over 20% and will stay like that even if you use another fossil on it afterwards.

From there, most of it is about blocking off the mods you don't want and hoping for high tier rolls on the ones you do, but it's not o bad as you can target mods more than most other methods, sometimes even assuring certain mods.

3.6 made some big changes, namely to how common fossils are at low delve levels. They used to be common as dirt, but now the frequency they're found in levels below 58 is greatly reduced and that's where most of them came from, so previous references to how cheap some of the more common fossils are is probably not relevant anymore.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

So looking at the various fossils, I'd want a combo of Shuddering, Dense and Sanctified to try and get the best ES + move speed I can?

11. - Top - End - #1451

Gear also keeps its quality if you use new fossils on it, so using the fossil to get to 30% quality is very good on ES gear.

The only thing left out so far is that fossils also have their own exclusive rolls. On dense fossils, you can get an additional 25-50% ES as a suffix. That will really bump those numbers and why I said it would probably only take a couple until you had more ES than sin treks.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So looking at the various fossils, I'd want a combo of Shuddering, Dense and Sanctified to try and get the best ES + move speed I can?
    In theory, yeah, but to give you an idea of how rare Sanctified fossils are, there are none for sale on standard and they're ~0.2 Ex each in synthesis. They also generally don't seem to achieve much in the way of weighting stuff to higher tiers. Dense fossils are 6c and shuddering are 8c on standard. Resonators should be virtually free if you're doing any delving yourself beyond lvl 70 or so.

Generally speaking, the currency you save by not using a sancified fossil is usually worth it since you can get more attempts by buying more fossils.

Delve is one of the easiest ways to basically print money beyond getting lucky with drops. Hunting out currency nodes and breaking walls for fossils is the easiest currency you'll ever make.

My first trade league this time (been SSF since I started with the Sacrifice of the Vaal Expansion) and other than a lucky 75c div card, about half my (admittedly very meagre) weath has come from Delve drops as raw currency, ~1/3rd from chaos recipe and the other pittance from raw drops. Delve is a double bonus for me, since the limiting factor on chaos recipe is usually amulets and you can quite easily pick up a bunch due to both the exile encounter and the jewellery nodes. Even is SSF, Delve is the best currency per time that you can do.

Edit: And 3 Ex from A Perandus Manor. Thanks Alva.
    Last edited by Drasius; 2019-03-22 at 05:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

So, haven't had a chance to play in a while, and finally got a chance to do this again.

Malechai went down hard. That was... surprisingly easy, probably because my build is fairly mobile since it relies on DoT instead of channeling or repeated attacking, and I've got maxed resists.

So here I am in Act 5... with only a single 4L, and no 5L's... and I'm still pretty trivially wading through everything. Hopefully I'll get a 5L robe or something and be able to boost my Bane even further. That will also let me set some kind of defensive setup in my boots, probably some kind of Cast When Damage Taken thing.

I've now got weapon and shield in my swap-slots with six Banes grinding up. Hopefully, by the time this becomes relevant, they'll give enough chances to get something good out of corrupting them.

The line of passives from the initial Witch starting point that goes up the ES line are pretty nice, I think I'll start picking those up since they're low hanging fruit relevant to my defensive stat of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

14. - Top - End - #1454

If you wait a little bit you'll be able to get sanctified fossils for under 30c. The avg according to poe ninja is 25c, I grabbed one for 22c the other day for my boot craft just searching on the spot. They're definitely being sold on standard.

Spoiler: boots
    Show

I would say only use sanctified if you're also using one of the few fossils worth more than the sanctified. In my case I used a hollow, but would also probably do so for glyphic, faceted, bloodstained, or fractured.
    Last edited by Meta; 2019-03-27 at 05:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, anyone still playing Synthesis? I'm having a bunch of fun with Divine Ire, though even after the rework, the league mechanic feels a bit naff. Playing trade league instead of SSF for the first time since Sacrifice of the Vaal was released, and I'm absolutely convinced that the drop rate for currency is nerfed in SSF, 'cause I've found more natural Ex this league than any other two combined, and am swimming (relatively, for me) in currency despite spending it like candy.

Given that Ex are almost 150c per in softcore, just being able to multi mod a staff is more currency than I've even spent on crafting in all previous leagues combined. It really is a different game though, normally, I struggle to crack 250k dps, this league, with a diamond flask and an Atziri's Promise and a 3c incursion staff, I'm sitting just under 1 million damage a hit with DI, which, given the >10 casts per second while channeling, puts me at close as makes no difference about 2 million dps against bosses. That's almost an order of magnitude beyond what I've previously been able to do.

The relative ease of progression in maps is also a pleasant change, since you don't have to slavishly run a single tier of maps until you have all the next ones ready (though Zana and some chaos make that fairly easy with alternate of same tier).

Found my first ever delve boss and abyssal cities too, so winning on all fronts. I'm not sure I can go back to SSF after this.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Halfling in the Playground

Trying to fill out the rest of my white maps with my Bane-based witch. Trying to explore the atlas, and I feel like I need to spend much longer delving than I want to at my ~5k ES.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I've officially gone further than any other build I've used has gone before, now officially into Act 6.

My total ES is pretty weak still, only around 1200, but I'm not sure how to go about increasing that significantly. I am picking up purely defensive and ES-based passives, but it is pretty slow going. My gear isn't anything special to write home about, unfortunately, although I'm still mostly walking through everything thanks to the almighty Bane just completely wiping everything out.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a jewel reward that caters to my build, the only one that was even relatively close was for Blight, so I grabbed the minion one because I do tend to play necro fairly regularly, and it might be useful on a second build.

I'm considering my next Lab spec. I'm considering either Profane Bloom (cursing Hexproof enemies sounds really nice) or Vile Bastion (immunity to stunning!!!!!). However, I've been warned that I can pick up immunity to stunning elsewhere, but since I'm going Bane, I'll be wanting to get my curses to stick, so I'm kind of leaning that way.

Other than that, just grinding out progression, slowly but surely. I did swap out ED for Soulrend, simply because any sort of ES Leech is better than no ES Leech, and it's about the only way I will be able to ES Leech reliably. My rate of ES Leech is still pretty miserable when compared to my regain, but I guess the tradeoff is that Leech isn't interrupted by damage?

I know I'm pretty squishy at the moment for A6, especially because I haven't had the opportunity to really shore up my cold or lightning resistances yet after the nerf from the end of A5, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

My updated PoB can be found pastebin.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

As you said, you're doing a Bane build. Grab Profane Bloom first.

You biggest boosts to ES, assuming you have a healthy number of passives giving you ES% by this point, will be from things that offer flat increases to your base ES. Higher tier ES bases for your gear, gear that rolled +ES instead of ES%, chain belts and moonstone rings etc. along with a small number of passives.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

I've just gotten into PoE in this league, and getting a little frustrated with Synthesis, but enjoying the story. Had a few characters - namely tried using Lancing Steel, but it's not doing it for me currently - then switched to a CWC Winter Orb Ice Spear - and now I've found Storm Burst to be excellent clearing using the exact same build, despite picking up Winter Orb.

Any suggestions for a Storm Burst league starter? I might take a look at Lancing Steel during potential 3.7, but if melee is getting a rework, and Cyclone is going to become Channelling, I might double dip for a channelling build, and consider a CWC Cyclone/Animate Herald of Purity Weapon Minion Build, but in the meanwhile, if there's a lazy Storm Burst League Starter I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

I’m going to sit out til 3.7 ... synthesis (and frankly even to a lesser extent betrayal, delve and bestiary) is to complex for me to sufficiently care about while still playing the regular game ...

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    My total ES is pretty weak still, only around 1200, but I'm not sure how to go about increasing that significantly. I am picking up purely defensive and ES-based passives, but it is pretty slow going. My gear isn't anything special to write home about, unfortunately, although I'm still mostly walking through everything thanks to the almighty Bane just completely wiping everything out.
    Gear is how you get more ES, combined with lots of int and all the ES nodes on the tree. You've got a fair amount of damage passives, which is why you're currently facerolling but your ES pool is a bit low.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a jewel reward that caters to my build, the only one that was even relatively close was for Blight, so I grabbed the minion one because I do tend to play necro fairly regularly, and it might be useful on a second build.
    Those jewels are fixed, they're always the same reward and thus, are prtty much ignored unless your build needs more than 2, in which case, it's trivial to trade for one.

I'm considering my next Lab spec. I'm considering either Profane Bloom (cursing Hexproof enemies sounds really nice) or Vile Bastion (immunity to stunning!!!!!). However, I've been warned that I can pick up immunity to stunning elsewhere, but since I'm going Bane, I'll be wanting to get my curses to stick, so I'm kind of leaning that way.
    Occultist should always go Wicked Ward, Vile Bastion, [x], [y] with very little exception. That flat ES is worth more than your current chest piece and the amount of regen gained while blowing through trash means you're nigh immortal (you're going to notice mobs start to hit for more than you'd like very shortly). You won't get stun immunity any time soon, so it's more important than you'd think and Hexproof is only really an issue in maps, and you should be doing merc lab before you do act 10.

Other than that, just grinding out progression, slowly but surely. I did swap out ED for Soulrend, simply because any sort of ES Leech is better than no ES Leech, and it's about the only way I will be able to ES Leech reliably. My rate of ES Leech is still pretty miserable when compared to my regain, but I guess the tradeoff is that Leech isn't interrupted by damage?
    ES leech is dependant on your damage as well as your total ES pool. There's nodes on the tree to speed up the leech rate too. Leech is pretty worthless until you're going big boy damage, and you're not there yet.

I know I'm pretty squishy at the moment for A6, especially because I haven't had the opportunity to really shore up my cold or lightning resistances yet after the nerf from the end of A5, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
    First things first, ANY Energy Shield build needs to be running Discipline, so set aside 35% of your mana for that before anything else, it's the one thing that is basically non-negotiable.

You've got room for a resist craft on your Shield, that amulet is hot garbage, a two stone ring with any resist will do far more for you taking less damage than the pittance of ES from a moonstone while you have so little %ES, that ruby ring is double garbage, it gives you nothing but the implicit fire res and the crafted cold res.

Ditch your non-magic amythyst flask for literally anything else unless you do a lot of Incursions (which, IIRC, don't turn up until Act 7). Get a bismuth flask if your resists are still hot trash, otherwise, a granite or jade will be a huge defensive boost. Alternately, get a second life flask, one with Bubbling on it for instant healing in emergencies. The only Amythyst worth using is Atziri's, and you won't get that any time soon.

As you said, you're doing a Bane build. Grab Profane Bloom first.

You biggest boosts to ES, assuming you have a healthy number of passives giving you ES% by this point, will be from things that offer flat increases to your base ES. Higher tier ES bases for your gear, gear that rolled +ES instead of ES%, chain belts and moonstone rings etc. along with a small number of passives.
    They clearly don't need help with clear and have stated that they're feeling squishy, Bastion >>> Bloom.

Spot on with the more base ES, which is another reason to run Bastion as second lab.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureKing View Post
    I've just gotten into PoE in this league, and getting a little frustrated with Synthesis, but enjoying the story. Had a few characters - namely tried using Lancing Steel, but it's not doing it for me currently - then switched to a CWC Winter Orb Ice Spear - and now I've found Storm Burst to be excellent clearing using the exact same build, despite picking up Winter Orb.
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureKing View Post
    Any suggestions for a Storm Burst league starter? I might take a look at Lancing Steel during potential 3.7, but if melee is getting a rework, and Cyclone is going to become Channelling, I might double dip for a channelling build, and consider a CWC Cyclone/Animate Herald of Purity Weapon Minion Build, but in the meanwhile, if there's a lazy Storm Burst League Starter I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Gear is how you get more ES, combined with lots of int and all the ES nodes on the tree. You've got a fair amount of damage passives, which is why you're currently facerolling but your ES pool is a bit low.

Those jewels are fixed, they're always the same reward and thus, are prtty much ignored unless your build needs more than 2, in which case, it's trivial to trade for one.

Occultist should always go Wicked Ward, Vile Bastion, [x], [y] with very little exception. That flat ES is worth more than your current chest piece and the amount of regen gained while blowing through trash means you're nigh immortal (you're going to notice mobs start to hit for more than you'd like very shortly). You won't get stun immunity any time soon, so it's more important than you'd think and Hexproof is only really an issue in maps, and you should be doing merc lab before you do act 10.

ES leech is dependant on your damage as well as your total ES pool. There's nodes on the tree to speed up the leech rate too. Leech is pretty worthless until you're going big boy damage, and you're not there yet.

First things first, ANY Energy Shield build needs to be running Discipline, so set aside 35% of your mana for that before anything else, it's the one thing that is basically non-negotiable.

You've got room for a resist craft on your Shield, that amulet is hot garbage, a two stone ring with any resist will do far more for you taking less damage than the pittance of ES from a moonstone while you have so little %ES, that ruby ring is double garbage, it gives you nothing but the implicit fire res and the crafted cold res.

Ditch your non-magic amythyst flask for literally anything else unless you do a lot of Incursions (which, IIRC, don't turn up until Act 7). Get a bismuth flask if your resists are still hot trash, otherwise, a granite or jade will be a huge defensive boost. Alternately, get a second life flask, one with Bubbling on it for instant healing in emergencies. The only Amythyst worth using is Atziri's, and you won't get that any time soon.

They clearly don't need help with clear and have stated that they're feeling squishy, Bastion >>> Bloom.

Spot on with the more base ES, which is another reason to run Bastion as second lab.
    Brine King and Act 6 went down trivially. I still don't have a good 5 slot chest yet, but I'm basically waltzing through this so far with minimal difficulties, although the parasites that shoot poison that have been popping out of enemies lately have been... annoying.

ES is now up to 2200ish. Finally put Goldrim into the bank in favor of a 4L circlet. Got rid of that Moonstone ring in favor of a Prismatic one. Yea, I know, Prismatic aren't really generally a good idea, but this one also has explicits for two other resists, so it completely replaces Goldrim on those two, and mitigates the third. Unfortunately it came with six explicits so I wasn't able to tack on the third of the explicit resists onto it, that would've made for a very nice ring. My other ring is now a two-stone ring with an explicit for the third. Between these two rings, my resistances are in the mid-60's to cap. Working on capping them all, but not horrible for where I am gear-wise.

My biggest problem with gear is I haven't found a decent amulet worth wearing. My current one is hot garbage, but it's still better than anything else I've found so far. Hopefully, that'll change.

I've been picking up almost exclusively ES nodes on my passive tree. I may be doing a rebalancing act and getting rid of some of the +Spell Damage now that I have a secondary connection established.

I am now the proud owner of a Sanctified Health potion. No clue what I'm going to do with it yet, but I have it. Replaced the Amethyst potion with a Granite one.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Brine King and Act 6 went down trivially. I still don't have a good 5 slot chest yet, but I'm basically waltzing through this so far with minimal difficulties, although the parasites that shoot poison that have been popping out of enemies lately have been... annoying.

ES is now up to 2200ish. Finally put Goldrim into the bank in favor of a 4L circlet. Got rid of that Moonstone ring in favor of a Prismatic one. Yea, I know, Prismatic aren't really generally a good idea, but this one also has explicits for two other resists, so it completely replaces Goldrim on those two, and mitigates the third. Unfortunately it came with six explicits so I wasn't able to tack on the third of the explicit resists onto it, that would've made for a very nice ring. My other ring is now a two-stone ring with an explicit for the third. Between these two rings, my resistances are in the mid-60's to cap. Working on capping them all, but not horrible for where I am gear-wise.

My biggest problem with gear is I haven't found a decent amulet worth wearing. My current one is hot garbage, but it's still better than anything else I've found so far. Hopefully, that'll change.

I've been picking up almost exclusively ES nodes on my passive tree. I may be doing a rebalancing act and getting rid of some of the +Spell Damage now that I have a secondary connection established.

I am now the proud owner of a Sanctified Health potion. No clue what I'm going to do with it yet, but I have it. Replaced the Amethyst potion with a Granite one.
    All solid changes. Note that the prismatic is "not good" because a perfect 2 stone has 2% more total res than a perfect prismatic, overall, they're just fine, and the explicits on a ring will generally dictate which ring gets chosen out of the 7 different resistance options.

You can generally sail through the tutorial 10 acts with a 4 link, it's just that a 5 or 6 link means you go onto autopilot until lategame while a 4 link generally (but not always) gets replaced around the start of mapping.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

All solid changes. Note that the prismatic is "not good" because a perfect 2 stone has 2% more total res than a perfect prismatic, overall, they're just fine, and the explicits on a ring will generally dictate which ring gets chosen out of the 7 different resistance options.

You can generally sail through the tutorial 10 acts with a 4 link, it's just that a 5 or 6 link means you go onto autopilot until lategame while a 4 link generally (but not always) gets replaced around the start of mapping.
    Oh, another thing I did was move my Temporal Chains from a Blasphemy link to Bane, and slap on a Discipline. While yes, two curses in Bane isn't ideal, I'm still roflstomping through everything, and Discipline is pretty much necessary. I do have the passive that gives me a second curse application, so it can be appropriately used. I'm tempted to use a Cast When Damage Taken on a TempChains, although I suppose the classic Ancestral Call might also be useful.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh, another thing I did was move my Temporal Chains from a Blasphemy link to Bane, and slap on a Discipline. While yes, two curses in Bane isn't ideal, I'm still roflstomping through everything, and Discipline is pretty much necessary. I do have the passive that gives me a second curse application, so it can be appropriately used. I'm tempted to use a Cast When Damage Taken on a TempChains, although I suppose the classic Ancestral Call might also be useful.
    The old classic is CWDT - Inc Duration - Immortal Call - Enfeeble, keeping CWDT at lvl 1 (so it triggers more often) and the IC and Enfeeble at or under lvl 38 (so they work with CWDT) while levelling duration to 20/20. Since you're getting more damage and control out of your curses, I'd advise against putting a curse in your CWDT setup until you're getting it activated very frequently.

IIRC, two curses in Bane is the way to go, but that might only be for once you've got more links. It's still going to be just fine at this point int he game though.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

Act 7 down, onto Act 8 and the next Labyrinth.

Broke 3k ES finally, very tempted to go low-life at this point, since the only thing breaking ES is Chaos damage. Already picked up the node that gives me ES regen instead of Health Regen, so it would literally be the investment of a single skill point, I'm just not sure if I'm ready for it just yet or not.

Finally got a 5 slot for Bane, so I'm still pretty much 'point, click, dead' as far as offense goes, at least for clearing elite packs. Even the big 'end of act' bosses seem to be going down fairly rapidly.

Other than that, even with less than maxed out resists, I'm still not hitting any walls, at least not yet.

EDIT: Scratch that, Labyrinth is down. That was... surprisingly easy, actually. Vile Bastion obtained, and obtained unique chain belt. ES now at around 3.9k. Also obtained Geofry's Helm but not sure if I really want to wear it. I mean, it's not bad for resists, but not really good either.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2019-04-23 at 04:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Act 7 down, onto Act 8 and the next Labyrinth.

Broke 3k ES finally, very tempted to go low-life at this point, since the only thing breaking ES is Chaos damage. Already picked up the node that gives me ES regen instead of Health Regen, so it would literally be the investment of a single skill point, I'm just not sure if I'm ready for it just yet or not.

Finally got a 5 slot for Bane, so I'm still pretty much 'point, click, dead' as far as offense goes, at least for clearing elite packs. Even the big 'end of act' bosses seem to be going down fairly rapidly.

Other than that, even with less than maxed out resists, I'm still not hitting any walls, at least not yet.
    Eh, I'd argue that PoE have gotten so powercreepy that given a halfway competent build you can probably get through to act 10 blindfolded and controlling with your feet, and a half-way competent player could do the exact same thing with just about any build for any character
    Last edited by Sian; 2019-04-23 at 03:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

So, this looks exciting;

https://www.pathofexile.com/legion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cA2GvES2w

So, push a button, spawn some statues, then attack statues to activate in a time limit to activate, kill activated enemies to get drops. Specific Statues have specific drop types. Enemies drop splinters of the legion they belong to, combine the splinters to form emblem of legion, place multiple emblems into map device to plane shift. 5 Legions Total, Map Device upgraded to 5 pieces.
    Incubation Items which drop a specific item depending on type of incubator - Rare Currency, Divination Card, Harbinger Item, Unique Weapon. Helps with farming I guess, and going to be pretty insane in delves.
    5 Legion Unique Jewels which seemingly modify the Passives in their area, rather than providing additional benefits based on what is within the passive tree - example of a Vaal Legion Jewel turns all nearby nodes to Life.
    Melee Combat Revamp - there'll be more on this elsewhere I guess
    New Build Archetype; Blood and Sand Gladiator gains 2 stances, Blood and Sand - giving different effects to the skills you have - example Blood Bladestorm causes Bleeding, Sands Bladestorm causes Blind. Dash/Steel Skin Reactive instant cast defensive/mobility skills, Rage no longer has downsides, and a Berserk Skill lets you expend Rage Stacks for massive bonuses - aura and support available
    Early Game Monster Nerfs to get used to the new mechanics by providing wind up mechanics
    New Divination Cards including 7 stacks for 10 Exalt Orbs
    New Uniques;
    - +Dex Gloves which make double Zombie HP, make Zombies no longer require Corpses, but instead make Zombies count as Corpses - good for Volatile Dead, not good for Chests making Corpses explode
    - ES Circlet with +Spell Crit Chance, Poison Immunity and Regain 13% of Damage taken as life over 4 seconds
    - Body Armour for Crit Fishers granting Power Charges and Inner Conviction (whatever that does?)
    - 1H Mace increasing Phys and AoE area and damage
    - Spirit Shield - Max Life scaling Crit Chance and Spell Damage, take damage when use or trigger Spell Skill
    - 2 new supporter packs, which as usual, are awful.

I'm excited for it. I kind of want to see if there's a way in which I can make a Gladiator Aspect of the Cat Whispering Ice Build and deal large AoEs to trigger trigger everyone.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Legion Jewels don't just modify passives, they can modify keystones as well.

The one they've shown changes a keystone into Eternal Youth, which gives you 50% less life regen and leech, but makes ES recharge apply to life instead.

Which will be nice with Wicked Ward.

(I think I might go with a Sundernaut or Sunderzerker, unless they show some new shiny)
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2019-05-23 at 04:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking of getting back into PoE for this season ... Depending on what they exactly do to Gladiator I might roll out my maxBlock again, with some fancy skill selection