New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Hearthstone 19: Patches In All The Wrong Places

Welcome to nineteenth GitP thread for Hearthstone. For anyone who doesn't know, Hearthstone is a video card game from Blizzard, based on the Warcraft series. The game is free to play and available here, so if you're interested, give it a shot. You've got nothing to lose but your free time.

For new players, something to be aware of is that there are a number of hidden "quests" you can complete which will give you free gold, dust, or even a pack. A complete list can be found here. Be aware that not quite all of those are ones you'll be able to complete quickly though.

And here is a list of Playgrounders currently in the game, for both NA and EU servers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GitP Username Battle.net ID (US)
    aethernox ethernox#1948
    AgentPaper AgentPaper#1193
    AmberVael AmberVael#1225
    Anarion Anarion55#1254
    Antonok Antonok#1704
    Anxe GoCorral#1879
    Baelot Baelot#1149
    Cogwheel OmegaNixon#1123
    banthesun banthesun#1782
    Dancing Owlbear Owlbear#1586
    Destro Yersul DestroYersul#1239
    D_Lord Volrock#1367
    Duck999 Duck999#1349
    Duos DoctorDapper#1491
    Firedaemon33 Firedaemon#1486
    flat_footed Hiigara#1357
    Fleeing Coward Scorch#1432
    GAAD GAAD#1126
    Gaelbert SamHouston#1563
    Gamerlord Gamerlord#1612
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958
    Ganorenas Ganorenas#1457
    Gomipile Glodd#1784
    Gray Mage GrayMage#1723
    Grytorm Grytorm#1777
    Hamste Theorules#1234
    Haruspex_Pariah HaruspexPari#1254
    Hatevah Hatevah#1405
    heronbpv Avan#1991
    Hircine IllusiveMan#1616
    Jaxzan Proditor Jaxzan#1878
    jindra34 JinRia #1770
    Johnjimco JohnJimco#1482
    Karoht Karoht#1505
    Kish Grazzt#1417
    Krade Krade#1266
    LegoShrimp legoshrimp#1722
    Landis963 Landis963#1789
    Loreweaver15 Loreweaver#1199
    Lunix Vandal LunixVandal#1952
    MacGiolla MacGiolla#1982
    MathMage MathMage#1797
    MCerberus MCerberus#1734
    mistformsquirrl mistformsqrl#1430
    moosabi Moossabi#1325
    Mystic Muse NSFJunkblade#1400
    Neon Knight VultureCrook#1434
    Neriractor neriractor#1483
    Nerocite JoeKage#1852
    nhbdy Nohbdy#1927
    Olinser Olinser#1393
    Onionbreath GiantSquid#1845
    OrcusMcP Orcus#1805
    otakuryoga Scootaloo#1471
    Pokonic pokonic#1166
    PsyBomb PsyBomb#1878
    Qwertystop Qwertystop#1897
    r2d2go r2d2go#1262
    Rodin Rodin#1811
    Rosstin Rosstin#1609
    SamBurke SamBurke#1486
    Shishnarfne Gruschenka#1375
    Sholos Veebeebee#1383
    Stabbity Rabbit StabityRabit#1362
    Techwarrior Techwarri0r#1572
    Temotei Temotei#1507
    Tesla_pasta teslapasta#1973
    Thanatos 51-50 Thanatos5150#1407
    TheGlyphstone Glyphstone#1419
    The Hellbug thehellbug#1216
    The_Jackal TheJackal#1499
    Togarth Asparag#1680
    Trouble Brewing HairyPoppins#1949
    UserClone UserClone #1545
    Volatar Volatar#1750
    Yael Urashima#1810
    Yana Raltis#1807
    ZeroNumerous ZeroNumerous#1913
    Zevox Zevox#1522
    Zmek JadeReaver #1783

GitP Username Battle.net ID (EU)
    Adumbration Adumbration#2419
    Aran Thule AranThule#2780
    Avaris Avaris#2378
    Avilan the Grey Beardedgeek#2355
    Beelzebub1111 SirArthurIV#1244
    boomwolf BoomWolf#1169
    Dada Scrattlebear#2863
    D-naras Dinos #2811
    Epinephrine_Syn SilverSeraph #2931
    Fleeing Coward Scorch#1432
    Frog Dragon Vasemmasti#2618
    FyreByrd FyreByrd#2962
    Gandariel Ciabatta#2958
    GolemsVoice CrazyCat#29897
    Hewhosaysfish HeWhoSezFish#2503
    Hippie_Viking HippieViking#2866
    Infernally Clay Winny#1904
    Jormengand Trianna#2529
    Lionheart Lionheart#2440
    Mr.Silver SilverSmiles#2462
    Murmaider Murmaider#2273
    Posca Mazura#2636
    Raddish Raddish#2730
    ScionoftheVoid JayPsi#2775
    ShinyRocks MoodyTuskarr#2790
    Sian Sian#2690
    Silfir Silfir#2863
    SlyGuyMcFly SlGuyMcFly#2562
    Tokay Tokay#2518
    Tome Taejix#2836
    Volthawk Volthawk#1214
    Weimann Weimann#2716
    Wraith Illusionist#2224
    Xiander Xiander#2814

----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Big news!!

Year of the Mammoth announcement

(Will post link when I can, but you can find it on blizzard site)

Notable things:
    1) Azure drake, Sylvanas, Rag, Power Overwhelming, Conceal and Ice Lance rotate into Wild
    (we get a full dust refund AND keep the cards!)

2) 2017 will be only Expansions, no adventures.

3) new rogue hero, Maiev Shadowsong, free for everyone (just play some games)

Thoughts: happy to see rag and sylv go. They'll make space for new cool legendaries
    Miracle rogue loses a lot of cards (conceal, drake, pillager)
    Don't care about the hero skin, happy cause I'll have a ton of free dust (I never disenchant unless I need stuff, I have a few extras of the cards that are rotating )
    Wait, what?! What the hell is with rotating out Classic cards? I thought that the whole point of those was that they would always be there as options for players, so even those who stop playing for a while and come back later have at least some pool of good, usable cards they can always draw from. That was the whole justification for the big nerfs to things like Ancient of Lore, BGH, Molten Giant, or Force of Nature - they were always going to be usable, so they had to be changed so that decks like Midrange Druid and Handlock wouldn't always be around largely the same as they'd been since pre-Naxx, or BGH wouldn't always be a one-of in every non-aggro deck whenever any minion he can hit is halfway common.

This is a big departure from their previous stance, and frankly, I think they had it right the first time. There should be an evergreen pool of cards for players who take breaks, and the classics are the perfect ones for the job - they should absolutely not be making any exceptions to that. If they wanted to do something about those cards being used consistently, they should've made some small nerfs to them. And frankly, the only one I can see particularly good reason to do that with is Azure Drake, which genuinely shows up in a ton of decks a lot of the time, and always has.

No adventures in 2017? Boo, I kind of like adventures. Not exactly upsetting news like the above, but not something I'm a fan of. The hero I'll just wait and see whether I like the look of him or her I suppose. So far I've liked Liadrin and Tyrande, not so much the rest. Well, I guess I might prefer Alleria if I played Hunter, but I don't; and I might use Magni if he didn't cost money, but he does.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-02-17 at 08:21 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 19: Patches In All The Wrong Places

Her. Maiev is a night elf, like Tyrande. For my part I find her completely uninteresting, so of course that's the one they made close to free.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I am slightly miffed. I spent good dust to craft Doctor Boom, then Standard was announced. Now they're cycling out the two neutral classic legends (and Azure Drake!) that I invested in specifically because they could fit into multiple types of decks.

If we really are getting dust for the lost cards that's a little better. We'll have to see what the new landscape looks like.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is there anything stopping us from crafting golden copies of those cards and basically getting them for free because of the refund?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Is there anything stopping us from crafting golden copies of those cards and basically getting them for free because of the refund?
    Nope. This is what I'm planning to do with Ragnaros.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

All you need is 3200 dust on hand, otherwise that seems legit.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Her. Maiev is a night elf, like Tyrande. For my part I find her completely uninteresting, so of course that's the one they made close to free.
    Maiev had basically no character of her own. Her whole thing was just hating Illidan, iirc.

I'm not clear from their thing if you get a double refund or not. It says up to the maximum you can have in your deck, and they will refund the gold one, but I don't know if you get a second refund for the regular one.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Need to see if I can rack up 1600 dust for Sylvanas before Mammoth hits, since it'll be effectively free.

On PO: it also combos hard with things like Shadowflame and Shambler, that don't need the original to survive the turn. If it were just Leeroy, then Cold Blood would have been nuked alongside Conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

In the Sylvanas change they talk about new deathrattle build-arounds, which makes me excited for N'Zoth decks.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Man, I am so glad you all said something about this. I've been sitting on a Golden Nat Pagle for a while and a free Sylvanas is a great reason to finally dust him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'm not clear from their thing if you get a double refund or not. It says up to the maximum you can have in your deck, and they will refund the gold one, but I don't know if you get a second refund for the regular one.
    No, you don't get a double refund. You get it up to the maximum you can have in your deck.

If you have 2 copies of Ragnaros, you only get the dust for one of them (1600). If you have 2 copies of golden Azure Drake and 2 copies of regular Azure Drake, you only get the dust value of the two golden copies. Likewise, if you have Ragnaros and create a Golden Ragnaros and dust your regular Ragnaros, you get the equivalent of 400 dust rather than the 1600 dust you would have had with just regular Ragnaros.

Edit: Just got the dream in the Tavern Brawl: Pyroblast, Greater Arcane Missiles, Fireball, Firelands Portal. Turn 1, 30 damage to opponent face, 28 to mine.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-02-17 at 12:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

For this brawl, I'm going Hunter. Put in two copies of Tracking, ideally getting a t1 or t2 Call Of The Wild. It basically demands a response-play or it's an IMMEDIATE loss. Flares and Quick Shots for more digging and getting around the mages that are prolific here. Lotsa cheesy stuff, and hunter power is best power if the game somehow drags out to t4+.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-02-17 at 01:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, this Brawl degenerated fast, and I won't be going back to it this week. Got rocked by a Mage, a Shaman, and a Druid all in a row on turns 1 or 2, just going for a face burn blitz. Glad I got my one win early

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Looking over the "Hall of Fame" list, the only one I'm on the fence about is Ice Lance. I can only guess that they're planning to add new cards which would combo too strongly with it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Looking over the "Hall of Fame" list, the only one I'm on the fence about is Ice Lance. I can only guess that they're planning to add new cards which would combo too strongly with it.
    The original announcement for the list explained several types of cards that they had in mind when removing each of the Hall of Fame cards: besides its potential in Freeze Mage or other OTK Mage decks, "Ice Lance also prevented us from making powerful Spell Damage cards and designs that allowed you to duplicate your cards."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

So basically the "strat" for the Hall of Fame cards is:

If you have them already, don't do anything.

If you don't, craft them GOLDEN. You get the dust back AND you get the card, so spend as much as you can.

Also, a comment on a post from the last thread:

Mando Knight:
    With Sylvanas and Entomb gone, Priest will probably start looking at Mind Control again if Paladin returns in Year of the Mammoth. That's both of the Tirion "hard-counters" gone

Hah. Paladin.
    Let me guess, the loss of Entomb also hurts the Hunter matchup because it used to counter Highmane?

But yeah, let's hope Paladin and Hunter get back in the meta.
    I actually think Hunter doesn't need anything new.
    Everyone else is just gonna lose a lot of good cards with the rotation, and they'll just get back up. Their power plays (Call of the wild, cloaked huntress, Pat Rack, Highmane) are still here.

Paladin just needs a 2-drop, everyone has been saying that for years.
    I just realised that Paladin decks crutch extremely hard on Tirion.
    I mean think of every successful paladin deck : Midrange (play a normal value game, drop Tirion, gg), Secret (play Challenger to deplete their answers, follow up with the one-two killer punch Boom Tirion). Even Anyfin is super reliant on Tirion, because he's the only STRONG play they have until turn 20 or so.

Maybe they should just nerf him and give Paladin some other cards.

Like, maybe make the sword 5/2? Everyone would still play him, but they'd be free to give paladin more good cards
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-02-17 at 02:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Yeah, this Brawl degenerated fast, and I won't be going back to it this week. Got rocked by a Mage, a Shaman, and a Druid all in a row on turns 1 or 2, just going for a face burn blitz. Glad I got my one win early
    To be fair, this brawl actually does have SOME tactics and counter play, despite games literally going 4 turns long maximum 90% of the time.

Specifically, I know I'm running Snipe, because everyone plays mage, and they play Violet Teacher+Armor (reduce damage to you to 1) critter, then cast a buttload of spells. Sniperino cuts that off dead, and playing it exactly the turn they want to means they can't drop a critter before (they'd need to have literally wisp or 0/2 taunt in their deck to eat the snipe).

Also, got a fair couple wins off of somebody burning themselves to 9-12 range, forgetting that I am playing a Hunter.

18. - Top - End - #18

A paladin I faced put himself at 1 health on turn 1. I had Patches in hand.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

19. - Top - End - #19

Got my pack with minions only warrior, stuffed with everything that gives free armor (well, had two Ironforge Portals because in effect those cost only one health).

Three expansions is exactly what I wanted. Yuletide all year long!
    Well that was awkward.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

I just made a random Mage deck, went t1 Babbling book, T2 coin Violet illusionist + Arcane Intellect Pyroblast Firelands portal Cabalist's tome and, well you get the gist.

Didn't manage to win right there, but the opponent just conceded.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Just drafted an odd Warlock Arena, about to get started. Ridiculously aggressive 1-2, mediocre 3-4, tons of bombs on 6-7-9, and almost literally nothing outside of those.

Spoiler: Decklist
    Show
    Flame Imp x2
    Soul Fire

Boneguard Lieutenant
    Dark Peddler x2
    Friendly Bartender
    Haunted Creeper x2
    Nerubian Egg
    Darkbomb

Dancing Swords
    Darkshire Councilman
    Hired Gun
    Illuminator
    Spider Tank

Daring Reporter
    Kabal Chemist
    Lost Tallstrider
    Ogre Magi

Floating Watcher

Boulderfist Ogre
    Drakonid Crusher
    Kabal Trafficker
    Piloted Sky Golem

Abyssal Enforcer x2

North Sea Kraken
    Ysera

I'm optimistic about my chances as long as I can keep the opponent on the defensive long enough to get into my 6+ (or, to be honest, possibly rip them to shreds with the early game blitz). Any thoughts before I get started?

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, only one instance of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Maiev had basically no character of her own. Her whole thing was just hating Illidan, iirc.
    I still LOVE her voice actress so I am insanely happy for her to be the new rogue. Actually I feel Valeera to more of a bland stereotype than Maiev. Sure, Valeera has the bigger backstory but she is still a b*tch in a bikini, ready to turn against any and all friends and foes.

I prefer the design of the Wardens but having a glaive - or call ot moon sword - as a weapon with a heavy armor doesn't make much sense. They should have glaives - like the pole weapon - not some oversized bottle openers. I am curious what the Rogue hero power will procure for her.
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-02-17 at 07:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Just drafted an odd Warlock Arena, about to get started. Ridiculously aggressive 1-2, mediocre 3-4, tons of bombs on 6-7-9, and almost literally nothing outside of those.

Spoiler: Decklist
    Show
    Flame Imp x2
    Soul Fire

Boneguard Lieutenant
    Dark Peddler x2
    Friendly Bartender
    Haunted Creeper x2
    Nerubian Egg
    Darkbomb

Dancing Swords
    Darkshire Councilman
    Hired Gun
    Illuminator
    Spider Tank

Daring Reporter
    Kabal Chemist
    Lost Tallstrider
    Ogre Magi

Floating Watcher

Boulderfist Ogre
    Drakonid Crusher
    Kabal Trafficker
    Piloted Sky Golem

Abyssal Enforcer x2

North Sea Kraken
    Ysera

I'm optimistic about my chances as long as I can keep the opponent on the defensive long enough to get into my 6+ (or, to be honest, possibly rip them to shreds with the early game blitz). Any thoughts before I get started?
    Don't Blitz and don't tap.

Your early game is good, but not as good as you'd think.
    Don't expect to win off of it, just play defensive and fight for board.

If you go all-in early you are at very high risk: no taunt or heal, no catchup cards (aside from Enforcer).
    You have an insane lategame, but they're all slow win conditions.

Your best bet is to only fight for board, preserve your life total, and force your opponent to play the value game (which you'll win, because dayum)
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Played Dragon Priest against a Rogue. She played Reno once, which surprised me. Then she shadow stepped him and I sighed; it was going to be one of those games. She played Reno a second time, and Shadowcaster'd it. Then she played the 1/1 Reno for her third full heal. Then she played the 18/26 C'Thun which got so big because her C'Thun assassin fellow ate the Ysera I Discovered from a historian.

Then I Shadow Word:Death her C'Thun and she conceded. Phew.

EDIT: She also used the Gadgetzan ferry to bounce him again, so she actually got to Reno four times.
    Last edited by Haruspex_Pariah; 2017-02-17 at 08:32 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Wait, what?! What the hell is with rotating out Classic cards? I thought that the whole point of those was that they would always be there as options for players, so even those who stop playing for a while and come back later have at least some pool of good, usable cards they can always draw from. That was the whole justification for the big nerfs to things like Ancient of Lore, BGH, Molten Giant, or Force of Nature - they were always going to be usable, so they had to be changed so that decks like Midrange Druid and Handlock wouldn't always be around largely the same as they'd been since pre-Naxx, or BGH wouldn't always be a one-of in every non-aggro deck whenever any minion he can hit is halfway common.

This is a big departure from their previous stance, and frankly, I think they had it right the first time. There should be an evergreen pool of cards for players who take breaks, and the classics are the perfect ones for the job - they should absolutely not be making any exceptions to that. If they wanted to do something about those cards being used consistently, they should've made some small nerfs to them. And frankly, the only one I can see particularly good reason to do that with is Azure Drake, which genuinely shows up in a ton of decks a lot of the time, and always has.

No adventures in 2017? Boo, I kind of like adventures. Not exactly upsetting news like the above, but not something I'm a fan of. The hero I'll just wait and see whether I like the look of him or her I suppose. So far I've liked Liadrin and Tyrande, not so much the rest. Well, I guess I might prefer Alleria if I played Hunter, but I don't; and I might use Magni if he didn't cost money, but he does.
    What irks me about these two things (the rotation and the no-adventure policy) is that having a core set of viable cards that would always be in play and having expansions with guaranteed cards and PvE content were two big things that differentiated Hearthstone from Magic's model, in my eyes. Really, Hearthstone is just becoming more and more like a Magic clone with worse card design and more questionable balance. I hardly play it as-is, and this news hardly incentivizes me to.

Still, as long as I get confirmation of how the free dust works, I'll be claiming my free legendary, methinks.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    To be fair, this brawl actually does have SOME tactics and counter play, despite games literally going 4 turns long maximum 90% of the time.

Specifically, I know I'm running Snipe, because everyone plays mage, and they play Violet Teacher+Armor (reduce damage to you to 1) critter, then cast a buttload of spells. Sniperino cuts that off dead, and playing it exactly the turn they want to means they can't drop a critter before (they'd need to have literally wisp or 0/2 taunt in their deck to eat the snipe).

Also, got a fair couple wins off of somebody burning themselves to 9-12 range, forgetting that I am playing a Hunter.
    I've also been burned down to a point that I couldn't cast a spell; the spells don't check if you have an ability like Violet Illusionist or Animated Armor to reduce the damage. So I've had Pyroblasts in hand to finish off the opponent but not the 10 health to play it.

It's a silly mode, but I like silly stuff so I've been playing it a fair bit.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    What irks me about these two things (the rotation and the no-adventure policy) is that having a core set of viable cards that would always be in play and having expansions with guaranteed cards and PvE content were two big things that differentiated Hearthstone from Magic's model, in my eyes. Really, Hearthstone is just becoming more and more like a Magic clone with worse card design and more questionable balance. I hardly play it as-is, and this news hardly incentivizes me to.

Still, as long as I get confirmation of how the free dust works, I'll be claiming my free legendary, methinks.
    You'll still be getting single player content though. Possibly more of it, even, since they seemed to suggest that the part of adventures they like is the story showing off the characters and setting, so they might do that for every expansion. Hopefully, they might even make it so the single player stuff offers a few guaranteed iconic cards in the set, though if they're uninventive, they'll probably just do packs instead.

The other thing, though, at least for me as someone who tries to play up to rank 5 each month, is that the meta can get really stale, especially with stuff like the current shaman>all problem that's leading to the nerfs at the end of the month. More big expansions with more cards makes me really happy because it means more experimentation and variety.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

28. - Top - End - #28

I hope that the new single player stuff comes with decent rewards. Like I don't mind it so much if every expansion has 130 cards if I can drop 20 bucks and get about half of the iconic legendaries and a handful of epics, I'd be pretty happy. But if it's all pack based and we're only getting like 5 or so bonus packs at the start of the expansion it is basically a money grab, and leaves f2p players further behind than ever.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Agreed. I liked the adventure designs very much because it somewhat levelled the playing field for everyone. I have invested far too much into Hearthstone and if I need to get 100 packs every 4 months to stay competitive I will probably not continue that hobby.

30. - Top - End - #30

I'm glad to see that Blizzard is willing to rotate classic cards out in this fashion. However, I'm a bit sad we don't see them doing similar things to rotate healthy cards that have good long-term gameplay INTO classic.

There are a number of very solid, interesting, and non-meta-defining cards, and I don't see the harm in making some of them into "classic" cards. Especially given how useless some of the basic / classic cards are, which really just makes the number smaller. There are some cards there I've NEVER seen in play.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-02-17 at 04:49 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.