New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Hearthstone 19: Patches In All The Wrong Places

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Blizzard was willing to write and publish Golakka Crawler, I'd be willing to bet some kind of Jade hoser is out there. Possibly a removal method that deals damage to the enemy hero according to the attack of the minion it destroys. Could see that on a poisonous Minion, actually.
    Frankly, I'd call it a coin flip as to whether the devs even recognise Jade as an issue. We might have to wait a while as they put on their lab coats and "see if the meta corrects itself". Especially now that a new set is coming out.

On a related note, I would be curious to see the specific form an anti-Jade card would take.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Frankly, I'd call it a coin flip as to whether the devs even recognise Jade as an issue. We might have to wait a while as they put on their lab coats and "see if the meta corrects itself". Especially now that a new set is coming out.

On a related note, I would be curious to see the specific form an anti-Jade card would take.
    I am hoping that Jade lives a while after rotation, at least. I just invested in Aya Blackpaw for Jade Midrange Shaman, and really don't want that dust going to waste.

But I agree that the devs probably don't see Jade as an issue. Highlander deck offer healthy competition for the control slot, midrange decks face competition from dragon priest, and neither are quashing aggro decks. Healthy meta. Plus, control gets powerful Quests in the new expansion, which might be able to compete with Jade in the end. I doubt Blizzard is going to hose Jade without proof that it's a problem in metagame statistics, even if people cry over the swaths of deck design that it cuts off.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally the only Jade card I don't really like is Jade Idol just because of the whole lategame thing. Other than that I really enjoy the mechanic.

I wonder if they tested old Small Time Buccaneer against the new crab, mostly to figure out if the nerf was really necessary.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Personally the only Jade card I don't really like is Jade Idol just because of the whole lategame thing. Other than that I really enjoy the mechanic.
    This. Infinity engines are bad. Mana cost increase would help a bit, I think. Make it 3 mana? Or maybe do something to that goddang Gadgedzan Auctioneer.

I want to see one of those happening. Preferably Auctioneer nerf/de-standardization, because it's just not fun looking at your opponent go through 1/4th of their deck in single turn and not being able to do anything about it. Feels like watching someone else playing Solitaire at times.
    Well that was awkward.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
    This. Infinity engines are bad. Mana cost increase would help a bit, I think. Make it 3 mana? Or maybe do something to that goddang Gadgedzan Auctioneer.

I want to see one of those happening. Preferably Auctioneer nerf/de-standardization, because it's just not fun looking at your opponent go through 1/4th of their deck in single turn and not being able to do anything about it. Feels like watching someone else playing Solitaire at times.
    Remember when Auctioneer used to cost 5?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, but I never really saw it (or the problem) back then personally. Maybe it wasn't that common at low ranks...? (20-14)

..Huh, that's rare. Just had a C'thun warrior vs C'thun paladin match. C'thun won.
    Well that was awkward.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hey, this time Priest was the one to get an overpowered 1-drop.

(1/1 for 1, same Deathrattle as shifting shade)

Thought: 100% autoinclude in every deck.

Also a tutor spell (cool!)
    (2 mana, discover a copy of a spell in your deck)

This one is harder to judge, but it's probably strong in control, and also in Reno.

And the new paladin legendary looks pretty cool!
    (6 mana 3/7, Taunt, Battlecry " set ALL other minion''s Attack and Health to 3")

Mega uldaman, actually looks pretty strong. Solid body, counters a lot of stuff, acts as buff too. Super powerful when you're ahead, still OK when you're behind
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-03-20 at 03:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Link to the source for new cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Hearthpwn has them. Here's my thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    Crystalline Oracle: More good deathrattles for priest. Sadly if you're running the quest you can't play this on 1, but it's sort of a delayed babbling book. I think that it'll get played.
    Sunkeeper Tarim: This is a really, really interesting card. It's bad against Shaman, and it's bad against lots of small stuff, but it's pretty decent as a taunt and the effect is sometimes absolutely huge. I think this could be good, provided paladin gets some early game to back it up.
    Shadow Visions: Another cool card. Low tempo, but very versatile. It does only find spells left in your deck, so drawing it late is really bad, but I think this is a pretty good card. Will see play, almost certainly.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Link to the source for new cards?
    Sorry, I'm on mobile and lazy. I found them on Reddit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Sunkeeper seems to me to be a worse edric the pure, and HE didn't see play.

The elemental, weak. The rouge one is good because pirate tag matters and battlecry is far better for the top deck war. This is a dead card late.

Shadow visions has nice flavor, but for 2 I can't see myself playing it. Not unless I can mange to fudge the dice for some odd combo that uses visions and only 2/3 other spells to assure I can duplicate the thing I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Sunkeeper is actually pretty notable for two reasons, one is it is all minions so your silver hands and other cheap minions get buffed and two it is a 3/7 with taunt that sets all enemy minions to 3/3 resulting in a board state where it can got 2-3 for one relatively easily and he has to be removed before your opponent can trade 1 for 1 into your minions. If paladin gets more one drops a zoo or aggro paladin might form (thanks to divine favor and small time recruits) that uses sunkeeper as the largest card in the deck.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2017-03-20 at 04:46 AM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    Sunkeeper seems to me to be a worse edric the pure, and HE didn't see play.

The elemental, weak. The rouge one is good because pirate tag matters and battlecry is far better for the top deck war. This is a dead card late.

Shadow visions has nice flavor, but for 2 I can't see myself playing it. Not unless I can mange to fudge the dice for some odd combo that uses visions and only 2/3 other spells to assure I can duplicate the thing I want.
    Sunkeeper is far better than Eadric, because 6 is less than 7 and taunt, plus he hits health as well. Eadric only hit attack.

The elemental is good because it's a deathrattle, which synergises with the priest quest, and it's kind of 1 mana 1/1 draw a card. While it is dead late, it's still very good early.

Shadow Visions is good because it's paying 2 mana for versatility. Really need shadow word death? Or shadow word pain? Or holy nova? Well, this is all of them. You might not get the one you want, sure, but the odds that you will are good enough to justify it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Also, the 1/1 thing is NOT dead lategame. It's a 1 mana draw a card.
    That's much more than you can say for pretty much every other 1-drop in the game.

(And maybe the Tribal tag is relevant, but I don't think it's needed. Card's already strong)
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-03-20 at 04:55 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

My thoughts:

Spoiler: Sunkeeper Tarim
    Show
    6 mana Paladin Legendary. 3/7, set all other minion's attack and health to 3. This one has... possibilities, but I don't think it's good enough to see play. I can see it pairing with Stand Against Darkness and other such. Not optimistic, though, this one is probably dust.

Spoiler: Crystalline Oracle
    Show
    1 mana Priest Rare Minion (Elemental). 1/1, Deathrattle like Shifting Shade. This one is undoubtably strong, probably a default inclusion, but it cuts against the normal Priest grain by having only one health. Still solid, and will be critical for the quest.

Spoiler: Shadow Visions
    Show
    2 mana Epic Priest Spell. Discover a copy of another spell in your deck. This is likely to see play. Even just being able to generate extras of a couple of critical spells, or fetch things early, will be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Missed taunt on Sunkeeper, that's a major point for him. So he's probably viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Also, the 1/1 thing is NOT dead lategame. It's a 1 mana draw a card.
    That's much more than you can say for pretty much every other 1-drop in the game.

(And maybe the Tribal tag is relevant, but I don't think it's needed. Card's already strong)
    No, it's not.
    The card is drawn only when he dies, so you get the card for next turn at best.
    In lategame, especially in topdeck war, that's a rather likely death sentence to draw something that is merely a delayed draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Reynad revealed the Warlock Legendary, Clutchmother Zavas.

Spoiler: Mom
    Show
    2 mana 2/2 Beast

Whenever you discard this, give it +2/+2 and return it to your hand.

If Lakkari Sacrifice is a deck that is played, Clutchmother will be in the deck. Karazhan-style Disco/Zoo-Lock will also run her both because of her stat growth and because she helps protect your other cards even better than Silverware Golem or Fist of Jaraxxus ever did.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Reynad revealed the Warlock Legendary

Spoiler
    Show
    Clutchmother Zavas. 2 mana 2/2 Beast that gains +2/+2 and returns to your hand when you discard it.

Hmm. More Discard synergy. It's discard fuel that keeps coming back, and so you never really "lose" it. Hey I completed my quest but 1/5 my deck is gone and I needed extra draw just to have cards in my hand to discard. With this and Silverware Golems,those problems become slightly better. They're really going all in with Discard it seems.

Doesn't look crazy strong, but the design kind of makes sense for the deck they're going for.

EDIT: Ninja'd
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Doesn't look crazy strong, but the design kind of makes sense for the deck they're going for.
    Oh yes, it's crazy strong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bear in mind for a moment that oftentimes, you will have no cards in hand playing Discardlock, keeping you from discarding cards. Usually, this is fine because of the high value of your minions, but limits the value you can gain. But in this situation, let's say you have a Malchezaar's Imp in play. You dump your hand until Zavas is all that's left. Then you can, say, Soulfire (discard Zavas, return it, draw from imp) play your draw, Life Tap, play Darkshire Librarian (draw again). You just played 4 high value spells this turn, you have an 8/8 for 2 in hand that's only going to grow bigger, and Lakkari Sacrifice is nearly complete.

Perhaps it's not meta-defining, but it's certainly crazy strong in the right circumstances.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Its definitely a really strong synergy card. Maybe with one other synergy card like,

Soul Feast 3 Mana
    Warlock Spell
    Deal 3 damage to a character, if that character is destroyed by this restore 5 health to your hero. When you discard this card, restore 5 health to your hero.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

New legendary is pretty good, yup.

The only thing scary about this is the fact that if the class legendary synergises with the class quest my dust bank will be very sad,since basically you'll need a MINIMUM of 3200 dust to play a quest deck.
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

New card quad-drop

Spoiler: 7 Mana 4/4
    Show
    Stone Sentinel
    Epic Shaman Elemental
    7 Mana 4/4
    Battlecry: If you played an Elemental last turn, summon two 2/3 Elementals with Taunt.

Spoiler: Miracle Elemental Rogue?
    Show
    Ozruk
    Legendary Neutral Elemental
    9 mana 5/5
    Battlecry: Gain +5 health for each Elemental you played last turn.

Spoiler: Ozruk Fuel
    Show
    Fire Fly
    Common Neutral Elemental
    1 mana 1/2
    Battlecry: Add a 1/2 Elemental to your hand.

Spoiler: Obligatory Mage Elemental Card
    Show
    Flame Geyser
    Common Mage Spell
    2 mana
    Deal 2 damage. Add a 1/2 Elemental to your hand.
    Last edited by moossabi; 2017-03-20 at 03:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Epic fail defined:

Getting super excited over drawing Reno in Arena, playing him on the spot, and then remembering you have an Auchenai in play.

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Epic fail defined:

Getting super excited over drawing Reno in Arena, playing him on the spot, and then remembering you have an Auchenai in play.
    ...Oh. Oh my. It works that way?

I am sorry for your loss.

Also, unrelated: Anyone have any advice/blogs to follow/things to watch to get better at Arena? I'm hovering between 3-5 wins, usually, with my record being 6. I'd... obviously rather like to hit that magical break-even spot at least once, but I can't fathom how people can average that many wins.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    Yep. It seems Reno is coded to restore 30 life.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

I am sorry for your loss.

Also, unrelated: Anyone have any advice/blogs to follow/things to watch to get better at Arena? I'm hovering between 3-5 wins, usually, with my record being 6. I'd... obviously rather like to hit that magical break-even spot at least once, but I can't fathom how people can average that many wins.
    There's not a magic bullet for getting better at arena, since, if there were, everyone else would get equally better and you wouldn't really see improvement. But here are some things you can do that a lot of people are too lazy to do.

1. Memorize the removal spells for every class. There's not very many, especially now that we're on standard only arena. If you know them really well, you can play around them. The obvious one is not dumping your whole hand of 4 or less hp things into a mage on 7 mana, but you really ought to know all of them for best results.

2. If you get a lead think about what could beat you. Sure, the odds that they have Deathwing are low. But if you're going to win anyway unless they have Deathwing, play around Deathwing. More commonly, think about things like mass removal, Mind control, charge minions, taunt minions, damage spells. Don't go to 7 against a Mage if you can avoid it, don't go to 5 or 6 vs. a shaman etc.

3. Check for lethal when you don't think you should. A good rule of thumb I use is if I have more than 8 power on the board, more than 4 guys out, more than 8 damage in hand, or they're below 15, I check for lethal. There are a lot of kills possible from life in the low 20s if you've got a lead, you can steal games out from under people, especially if you've got reach in hand.

4. Draft a good curve. Half your deck should cost less than 4 mana in the majority of cases. If you're not sure about a pick, take the cheaper card.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Well, in terms of drafting, the most popular site is heartharena.com
    Fairly good, gives a lot of info and stuff. Don't use it personally but it looks like a good resource.
    On the youtube site, Trump is a very educational streamer

Otherwise, the Playground has hosted an Arena advice thread for a while, until interest eventually dropped, but the posters are all still here, so we're still happy to help.

Post an arena draft, something like:

[...]
    3) Angry Chicken / Azure Drake / Defender of Argus I feel like the tempo and potential upside of the Chicken are too good to pass up. The other two have just horrible statlines.
    [...]
    (no need to comment on every pick)

and we'll be happy to offer our advice
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-03-20 at 04:26 PM.
    So yeah. your wrong.

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    There's not a magic bullet for getting better at arena, since, if there were, everyone else would get equally better and you wouldn't really see improvement. But here are some things you can do that a lot of people are too lazy to do.

*Four great points of advice*
    Well, in terms of drafting, the most popular site is heartharena.com
    Fairly good, gives a lot of info and stuff. Don't use it personally but it looks like a good resource.
    On the youtube site, Trump is a very educational streamer
    I use the Heartharena spreadsheets at times when I'm unsure about picks, but what other data do they offer? I will check out Trump when I have more free time; thanks for the recommendation!

Otherwise, the Playground has hosted an Arena advice thread for a while, until interest eventually dropped, but the posters are all still here, so we're still happy to help.

Post an arena draft, something like:
    ...Okay, there was one draft pick that I'd run across once upon a time that stumps me to this day. What do you pick when your options look like this:

Weasel Tunneler/Hungry Crab/Renounce Darkness

One guts my deck and gives me who-knows-what in return, and the other two are almost worthless and have very minimal value capacity for a Warlock. Hungry Crab can at least eat a Puddlestomper in the best case, but... that's a very niche scenario, really.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Weasel Tunneler/Hungry Crab/Renounce Darkness

One guts my deck and gives me who-knows-what in return, and the other two are almost worthless and have very minimal value capacity for a Warlock. Hungry Crab can at least eat a Puddlestomper in the best case, but... that's a very niche scenario, really.
    I'd probably have gone with the Renounce there. It's not amazing, but you can play it in a bad spot in the hope of getting cheap removal from some other class, and at the very least you get an extra random hero power use (of which 3 can gain you life, and several offer extra damage that turn). Crab isn't that bad though, sometimes it's actually excellent.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

More new cards:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ozruk: 9 mana 5/5 is really bad, so you need to play at least one elemental. With one, this is ancient of war, which at 9 mana is not optimal. With 2 it's bigger than that, so I guess the question is: how reliably can I play 2 elementals on turn 8 with this in hand? I don't know the answer to that, but I suspect it's 'not reliably enough.' Sucks in a topdeck war. Probably ok at best.
    Stone Sentinel: Well, fire elemental exists, but when's the last time we saw it? If you get the activation, though, this is a 4 mana 4/4 stapled to Feral Spirit with no overload. That's pretty good. Will see play in some sort of midrange, I expect.
    Flame Geyser: 2 mana 2 damage, add a 1 mana 1/2 to your hand. This seems pretty weak, even though the token is an elemental. It's an ok pick in arena, but otherwise pretty bad.
    Clutchmother Zavas: Ok, this is some nice discard synergy. If Discolock works, this will be a staple. If not, we'll never ever see it.
    Fire Fly: Makes Ozruk Great? Well, probably not, because it means you need to play a 1 mana 1/2 in your deck. Card is awful.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: