New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ducktales (2017)

Spoiler: Alternative Theory of a Darkwing Duck Return
    Show
    Or Drake simply takes up the mantle for real after villainy in St. Canard forces him.

Now we get real Darkwing Duck not retro-TV show Darkwing (although the later is also a trend).

Regardless, the most likely thing is Darkwing Duck doesn’t appear. I wouldn’t get my hopes up considering there is no announcement of the production of a separate show, and he’ll never be more than a guest star or series of cameos on Ducktales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

One thing to consider is that the creator of Darkwing Duck has explicitly stated that it doesn't take place in the same universe as 80s Ducktales. They had two laws of physics with Ducktales being more realistic, and DW being more reliant on toon physics.

Keeping them separate while potentially wasting a crossover episode, might just be to respect this decision.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'd bet 500 duckbucks that we'll eventually see the actor who played Darkwing Duck in an episode.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

4. - Top - End - #304

GreenSorcererElf

Missing Links of Moorshire...

An episode with magical talking ponies, and they are voiced by Tara Strong and Andrea Libman. Ha! Good one. Andrea was using her Fluttershy voice so I noticed that right away, but I didn't place Tara until the credits at the end. Good job on Webbie for noticing the clues to what kind of ponies they were.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

I found the throwaway with Flintgolds initial caddy being Tony The Tiger way funnier than oughta be considered mentally healthy

6. - Top - End - #306

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    I found the throwaway with Flintgolds initial caddy being Tony The Tiger way funnier than oughta be considered mentally healthy
    Pretty sure he was supposed to be Tiger Woods. Given the "Top Golf Pro" remark.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

7. - Top - End - #307

Well, who else would be the Tiger Woods expy in DuckTales besides Tony the Tiger? It's a two for one gag. Scrooge would be pleased at that deal.

8. - Top - End - #308

Also, they renamed episode four to remove the word 'massacre' in favor of 'breakout'. Which is fine with me, because the previous title was all kinds of histrionic.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, gotta admit I haven't been crazy about the last few episodes (not counting BUDDY System, which had Darkwing Duck in the most appropriate role I could imagine). This was what I was enjoying about the early episodes. Clever and out of the box without being random - all the oddball stuff fit together quite well. My Little Kelpies. Tony the Tiger Woods. The "Ohmigosh! Talking animals wearing clothes! Did we die?!" line. The fact that the Kelpies not only owned up to their plan but just wouldn't give it up no matter how hard they were shut down. Glomgold losing a coin toss with a two headed coin. This one was a blast, and I don't like golf. Or My Little Pony.

I mean, yeah, Dewey's shots were a bit Final Destination-y with their insane trajectories, but I'm with Louie on this: golf is a game where you're working to get the lowest score and get out of there the quickest. Show me some zany physics over actual golf and I'm happier. Wrap the zany physics with a clever backdrop and I'm enjoying myself. Heck, they even did the "murder ponies" justice by representing a genuine mythical creature correctly yet in an appropriately fun way.

What can I say but that it was GRRR-EAT!
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

10. - Top - End - #310

Honestly, I thought Dewey was more channeling the weirdness of some of the shots made in Happy Gilmore.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

So Ducktales is going to take some time off but it will return. The next episodes are:

116 Air Date: 06/16/2018 "Jaw$!"
    117 Air Date: 06/23/2018 "The Golden Lagoon Of White Agony Plains!"
    115 Air Date: 06/30/2018 "Day of the Only Child!"

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/disne...ales/episodes/

Yes you read that correctly the episodes are still airing out of order
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

12. - Top - End - #312

The titular mystery was solved in the cold open. Huey's attempt at a party was painful and would likely have me making my excuses inside half an hour. But we got another Beagle Boy, some history on Scrooge and the Beagles, and that third act twist made the rest worthwhile.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

I hope they wind up releasing the season on DVD at some point, so I can watch it in the proper order, and not 1-3 episodes every month or two.

14. - Top - End - #314

Since Disney hasn't been releasing most of their other series on disc, I'm guessing they won't with this either. You'll need to pay for the Disney Streaming app.

15. - Top - End - #315

GreenSorcererElf

It's on Google Play. Although they decided the McMystery etc is on season 2 now.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

16. - Top - End - #316

GreenSorcererElf

So, Duckworth returns. I wonder if he's going to stay on as a regular now.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

17. - Top - End - #317

Well, his skull form is in the intro credits. So are a lot of other people who've never shown up again after that one episode. Honestly, I can't think of any repeating foes so far besides Glomgold, Beaks and the Beagles. Maybe Lil' Bulb counts.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Well, his skull form is in the intro credits. So are a lot of other people who've never shown up again after that one episode. Honestly, I can't think of any repeating foes so far besides Glomgold, Beaks and the Beagles. Maybe Lil' Bulb counts.
    There’s also Magica De Spell, who has yet to properly appear. You might also count Lena.

Considering there’s only been 12 episodes (we’re counting Woo-hoo as 1) 5-6 repeating villains are plenty, and really the Beagles should count as more than one. You have both Ma Beagle and the three regulars as repeats.

Ducktales is all about the repeating characters. We also have a lot of reappearing minor characters (Gyro and Fenton for example). There’s clearly a trend of Ducktales bringing characters back for multiple stories. Even several one-shot characters (particularly the gods such as Selene) look ripe to make reappearances.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

19. - Top - End - #319

Actually, we're up to 15 half hour episodes, although the numbering is one off. The next few are #16, #17 and #15, in that order.

20. - Top - End - #320

Okay, so previews say this weekend's episode involves some kind of magic shark, and the next one involves Goldie. So we advance the Magica plot arc and get to see Scrooge's softer side.

Also, did anyone else check out the finally-appearing-on-television BH6 series premiere this weekend? The first one had a really pathetic attempt at a villain (just saying the name, I bet everyone reading this could figure out how to win inside three seconds), but by the end it was pretty good. Without getting into spoilers, Aunt Cass is Hardcore.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so previews say this weekend's episode involves some kind of magic shark, and the next one involves Goldie. So we advance the Magica plot arc and get to see Scrooge's softer side.

Also, did anyone else check out the finally-appearing-on-television BH6 series premiere this weekend? The first one had a really pathetic attempt at a villain (just saying the name, I bet everyone reading this could figure out how to win inside three seconds), but by the end it was pretty good. Without getting into spoilers, Aunt Cass is Hardcore.
    Big Hero 6 has been on TV for awhile here in...oh I need to change my location. Anyway the villains names for the first couple of shows should tell you how to defeat them, its more about how the heroes interact with each other and how Hiro adjusts to University.

Anyway, Scrooge doesn't have a harsh side anymore
    Spoiler: $ $ $ $ $ and JAW$ ending
    Show
    Scrooge basically looks on wistfully as his money is taken away by Flintheart and the Beagle Boys. He even tries to contain himself before the camera. This sort of thing would send any prior version of Scrooge into a fit of rage from which no one would be safe. They have really toned down the greed to the point that Scrooge attitude about his wealth is approaching bored. Mark Beaks, Flintheart, even Gladstone all have him beat on greed, and Scrooge isn't even all that protective.

22. - Top - End - #322

He's probably just terrified of Beakley and the spray bottle.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

He's probably just terrified of Beakley and the spray bottle.
    And since when has Scrooge allowed his help to treat him like that?

This version of Scrooge is by far the softest image yet. Its almost like the gruff act isn't really him, just a show he puts on for appearances. He can't seem to keep it up consistently and the moment he gets some reason to drop it he does.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

By far, my favorite part of the last episode:

Spoiler: Jaw$
    Show
    When Launchpad slides down into the money bin after dropping off the boat. I immediately then asked aloud, "Wait, who's flying the helicopter then?" And three seconds later we hear it crash in the background.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    It's on Google Play. Although they decided the McMystery etc is on season 2 now.
    This is really ticking me off. I bought the season on Google Play, and then patiently waited while they delayed putting off airing the rest of the season, and then they quietly go and pull this crap as well. I paid for the full season, blast it, and I didn't even get a full 13 - which is pretty pathetic for a cartoon. I've greatly enjoyed the majority of the episodes I've seen, but I'm really just tempted to call it quits if they're going to redefine seasons after I've already paid for it.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    And since when has Scrooge allowed his help to treat him like that?

This version of Scrooge is by far the softest image yet. Its almost like the gruff act isn't really him, just a show he puts on for appearances. He can't seem to keep it up consistently and the moment he gets some reason to drop it he does.
    Which is why I keep mentioning inconsistent characterization. Seriously, all off these people keep bouncing around, except Webby, who is almost entirely 'Action Girl desperate to be accepted'.

27. - Top - End - #327

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    This is really ticking me off. I bought the season on Google Play, and then patiently waited while they delayed putting off airing the rest of the season, and then they quietly go and pull this crap as well. I paid for the full season, blast it, and I didn't even get a full 13 - which is pretty pathetic for a cartoon. I've greatly enjoyed the majority of the episodes I've seen, but I'm really just tempted to call it quits if they're going to redefine seasons after I've already paid for it.
    iTunes does the same thing. Almost every TV show, a "season" is 12-13 episodes.

Anyway, another My Little Pony shout-out? Webby thinks "Friendship is the most powerful magic of all!"

They sure missed a good chance for somebody to say "We're going to need a bigger bin" though.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

28. - Top - End - #328

That last episode was great; it had (almost) everything I love about the show: Flintheart's ineptitude, Scrooge being comically cheap, old man jokes about Scrooge, and it was a legitimate adventure episode!
    The only thing it was missing was more Louie
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

29. - Top - End - #329

Definitely a return to classic form, with Scrooge so cheap he steals free food from a buffet and action adventure where the only reason given or needed for "How did you do THAT?" was 'Scrooge McDuck'.

They probably went too far making Goldie unlikable (my youngest is a soppy romantic and hates her), and my science-trained brain cannot mesh the heat needed for molten gold, the existence of any ice and people walking around without noticing the temperature.

So, as cartoons go, very good. Hopefully Scrooge realizes he's moved beyond the user-girlfriend because he has a real family that doesn't specialize in betrayal. But it's a kids show and she's a ready source of conflict.

30. - Top - End - #330

Definitely a return to classic form, with Scrooge so cheap he steals free food from a buffet and action adventure where the only reason given or needed for "How did you do THAT?" was 'Scrooge McDuck'.

They probably went too far making Goldie unlikable (my youngest is a soppy romantic and hates her), and my science-trained brain cannot mesh the heat needed for molten gold, the existence of any ice and people walking around without noticing the temperature.

So, as cartoons go, very good. Hopefully Scrooge realizes he's moved beyond the user-girlfriend because he has a real family that doesn't specialize in betrayal. But it's a kids show and she's a ready source of conflict.
    I wasn't a fan of her either, but I wasn't sure if that was just personal taste or not. They were clearly going for the River Song/Catwoman/other-well-known-love-interest-slash-rival thing, but it didn't work out. Maybe because you need more than 20 minutes to do it right.
    As far as the science, yeah it was pretty goofy. But I'm a big sucker for adventure locales like that, so it got a pass.

Plus it was cool hearing (part of) the explanation for Scrooge's improbable age.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.