New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Overwatch: Boop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That reminds me. I frequently have gold objective time as Mei. I don't know why.
    Yeah... On payload maps I tend to be a gold medal or silver medal on objective time. The "why"? It's because "nobody else cares.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

So Torbjorn turrets can go on the payload as attack, apparently. Cool~
    I mean, sure I died to it, but now I know it's a thing.
    Also it's fun killing snipers as a Tracer. They tend to be really underprepared for flankers(especially Widow, who pops up an odd amount in quick play and arcade. Like, even if she wasn't a bit under powered, I'd expect her to pop up in less than 2 out of 3 matches on some days, just due to the number of possible heroes.)

edit: on that topic, just managed a 12 player killstreak as Tracer~ Fun.
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-04-09 at 02:45 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Frakk it; I'm going back to Junkrat; I keep falling in the ranking as Lucio; with 'Rat I at least get to have more fun doing it. Got POTG immediately, too. Not because of Tire btw.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That reminds me. I frequently have gold objective time as Mei. I don't know why.
    Because Mei is the queen of stall. Get on the point, wall yourself into a corner, ice block when it expires, then wall yourself into a corner again.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

I am in a weird position: On one hand comp sucks right now; I am plummeting in rank, currently at 910.
    On the other hand quickplay feels meaningless to me, since well... there is no lasting effect of any kind of winning or losing. If there was a way to save your good plays, like POTG etc it would be enough, I think, but on PC that option still doesn't exist for some weird reason.

So I don't even get to talk to friends about how great that or this game was.

So in short: I can't wait for the season to be over so I hopefully rank higher next time (since it seems impossible to climb as a solo in Bronze). At the same time I absolute feel NO desire to play anything but comp.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-04-09 at 02:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's the weekend now. I can't get a good spirited group in HotS, even in quick match. By the way, how's the Overwatch community? I feel like playing a shooter for a change but I am a pretty terrible aim and adapt slowly to new things. Will the people make my live a hell?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    I am in a weird position: On one hand comp sucks right now; I am plummeting in rank, currently at 910.
    On the other hand quickplay feels meaningless to me, since well... there is no lasting effect of any kind of winning or losing. If there was a way to save your good plays, like POTG etc it would be enough, I think, but on PC that option still doesn't exist for some weird reason.

So I don't even get to talk to friends about how great that or this game was.

So in short: I can't wait for the season to be over so I hopefully rank higher next time (since it seems impossible to climb as a solo in Bronze). At the same time I absolute feel NO desire to play anything but comp.
    Forget your rank, focus on improving your game sense and mechanical skill. Also, seriously, lose Junkrat. I'm not saying he's impossible to win with, or that he doesn't have a niche in the game, but he's a very specific hero with some real power in the right niche, but by the same token, he's very, very weak on certain maps, and against certain comps.

In Bronze, you really can carry your out of the bracket, with sufficient practice and mechanical aim. The distribution of players is such that you're seeing the worst of the worst there. Sure, there will be the odd smurf, but you can get smurfs on your team just as much as the enemy team. It's the bottom 2% of players you're going to be playing against, in large part.

You can also do your team a huge favor by improving your hero pool. Why? Because being able to thwart the one effective enemy player can hugely tip the balance for your team. A good example is Pharah. Pharah is hugely strong against uncoordinated teams. She can flank really effectively, pour out massive damage to your team, and make life on the ground miserable, without taking much damage in return. Usually your team will have a Soldier, but often shutting down a Pharah by yourself as Soldier is a big ask. If you can sub in with a Widow, or McCree, or even Sombra or Recon mode bastion, you can add enough damage on Pharah to knock her out of the sky, and give your team the edge they need to wind up the enemy. Junkrat really can't pressure Pharah at all. Neither can Winston, or Reaper, or most tanks.

Ster did a strem where he climbs from Bronze to Diamond in under 6 hours. Here's playlist of ZzyzX going from Bronze to GM as a support main. His takes longer, but he definitely gets there. Make no mistake, Overwatch is a game of skill, and skill takes practice.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Forget your rank, focus on improving your game sense and mechanical skill. Also, seriously, lose Junkrat. I'm not saying he's impossible to win with, or that he doesn't have a niche in the game, but he's a very specific hero with some real power in the right niche, but by the same token, he's very, very weak on certain maps, and against certain comps.

In Bronze, you really can carry your out of the bracket, with sufficient practice and mechanical aim. The distribution of players is such that you're seeing the worst of the worst there. Sure, there will be the odd smurf, but you can get smurfs on your team just as much as the enemy team. It's the bottom 2% of players you're going to be playing against, in large part.

You can also do your team a huge favor by improving your hero pool. Why? Because being able to thwart the one effective enemy player can hugely tip the balance for your team. A good example is Pharah. Pharah is hugely strong against uncoordinated teams. She can flank really effectively, pour out massive damage to your team, and make life on the ground miserable, without taking much damage in return. Usually your team will have a Soldier, but often shutting down a Pharah by yourself as Soldier is a big ask. If you can sub in with a Widow, or McCree, or even Sombra or Recon mode bastion, you can add enough damage on Pharah to knock her out of the sky, and give your team the edge they need to wind up the enemy. Junkrat really can't pressure Pharah at all. Neither can Winston, or Reaper, or most tanks.

Ster did a strem where he climbs from Bronze to Diamond in under 6 hours. Here's playlist of ZzyzX going from Bronze to GM as a support main. His takes longer, but he definitely gets there. Make no mistake, Overwatch is a game of skill, and skill takes practice.
    Oh I know all this. That said, I play 'rat for two reasons:

1. I am a 44 year old guy who has never had good reflexes in his life, and they are not better now than when I was young.
    2. I LOVE playing him. He is really really fun to play.

I have rediscovered the joy of playing him after maining Lucio basically nonstop since Season 4 started. And I am doing better already. I am up 20 points
    Seriously though; two POTG (and neither was with my ULT, which means I actually was useful "for real". Been spending almost every game today after switching to him at least On Fire once.

NOw... that means no, I will not ditch him. I know, for a fact, that despite everybody yelling at you as if you were a Hanzo Main it is very possible to be useful as Junkrat on most maps up to high gold. And I have no ambitions higher than gold. As for expanding my hero pool... I would love to. I suck as, and don't enjoy playing as, DPS. I would LOVE to be good as Zarya (I am... slightly above useful, if not very good). I would like to learn Rein and D.Va. Oh and Symetra.

Edit: as for that playlist... It kind of asumes you have his skill. I don't. I am level 66 already and I won't climb out of bronze anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I think it's the weekend now. I can't get a good spirited group in HotS, even in quick match. By the way, how's the Overwatch community? I feel like playing a shooter for a change but I am a pretty terrible aim and adapt slowly to new things. Will the people make my live a hell?
    As for the Overwatch community: I haven't really spent time on the official forums, but the players are... less annoying than I thought. For every troll, smurf, idiot and spammer there are two that are great. If you are a bad aimer like me, pick characters that do splash damage, or use other weapons. Good beginner heroes are Reinhardt, Junkrat, Lucio...
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-04-09 at 04:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So I'm decided to learn Tracer and Reinhardt. Anyone have advice? For far... I've figured out using Rein's flame blast on cooldown seems good, and that binding his shield to my Q key was a very unwise choice since it prevented me moving left while it was up. I've since bound it to middle click(since my right mouse button only works about 50% of the time). Also that Rein has surprisingly good range on his hammer.
    I'm not a top-tier Tracer by any means, but I'm okay with her. Here's what I've got in terms of tips:
    Spoiler: Tracer
    Show
    1. Never, EVER stop moving. Sometimes it will be tempting to pause for a moment to focus your fire on someone for a kill. Resist this temptation, because regardless of who it is, you are more fragile than they are. You just have to learn to aim on the move.
    2. Predictability is your enemy (hence why you never stand still). Your speed and mobility is such that you can usually come at the fight from different directions, so take advantage of that.
    3. Pulse Bomb is one of the easiest ultimates to screw up and waste, because you have to be pretty accurate with it and you have to hit it while moving. The easiest enemies to stick it on are tanks because of their big hit boxes, but it won't kill most of them from full health. So if you're going to target them, unload some shots into them first, then throw your bomb and Recall away.

On the other hand, I feel like I suck pretty hard with Reinhardt. I have a few basic tips, but I'm not too skilled, so hopefully someone will chime in with more and better info:

Spoiler: Reinhardt
    Show
    1. Your primary role is to shield teammates. Don't drop your shield without warning - if you do that and a teammate gets hit because their protection is suddenly gone, they're not gonna group up with you again.
    1a. Your shield visibly starts cracking when it gets low, which means allies (and enemies) paying attention will know when it's about to go down. That said, calling it out on your mic (or in chat for you PC folks) isn't a bad idea anyway.
    2. Fire strike goes through barriers. Keep that in mind not only when you throw yours, but when you see one coming at you. Also, Symmetra's orbs pass through as well, and she gets a LOT of ult charge for hitting someone, so avoid them if possible.
    3. You'll have to practice leading your targets with his charge (this is what I really suck with).
    4. When you're shielding an ally (like Bastion in his turret form), try to remember that you are big, bulky, and not see-through. Try to find a place to stand off to one side where you can shield them effectively without blocking their line of sight.

NOw... that means no, I will not ditch him. I know, for a fact, that despite everybody yelling at you as if you were a Hanzo Main it is very possible to be useful as Junkrat on most maps up to high gold. And I have no ambitions higher than gold. As for expanding my hero pool... I would love to. I suck as, and don't enjoy playing as, DPS. I would LOVE to be good as Zarya (I am... slightly above useful, if not very good). I would like to learn Rein and D.Va. Oh and Symetra.
    Now here are some characters I can provide better tips on!

Spoiler: D.Va
    Show
    1. Defense Matrix is your best friend. It can soak up pretty much all projectile fire, but not beam weapons like Mei's, Zarya's, or Symmetra's primary. It can also block several ults: Soldier 76, Roadhog, Bastion, etc. are obvious, but you can also stop Hanzo's or Mei's if you catch the projectile right after it's fired. Downside is that you cannot fire with defense matrix up, so you will want to protect teammates with it so they can take down that turreted Bastion, Torb turret, etc.

2. Your mech has a lot of health, but it goes away quickly because you have a big critical hit spot and it's center mass. If you get below ~250 health, it's time to think about disengaging.

3. Your mech never has to reload, but your damage isn't great and it falls off quickly. The best way for you to kill someone is to pounce on them with your flight (literally ramming them if possible), keep firing until either they die or you throw up defense matrix to bug out. But you should resist the temptation to solo flank most of the time.

4. Flight lets you get places many others can't. You can circumvent many choke points this way, including Volskaya Industries and Eichenwalde, but if you're the only tank this might not be a good idea.

5. Self-destruct is blocked by cover or shields. This means if people can step behind a wall (sometimes even narrow things like a road sign in Numbani), they can avoid it without having to move. Reinhardt can just put up his shield and stand wherever he pleases. Keep this in mind when you ult. Also, you can send your exploding mech all sorts of places by hitting your boost and aiming various directions before you trigger it. A good tactic is to pop the mech up in the air so that enemies can't see it as easily while it's going, because that makes it harder to avoid.

Spoiler: Symmetra
    Show
    1. If aim is not your strong point, strongly consider Symmetra. She turns the game from a contest of reflexes and precision to one of strategy and forethought. This is a big part of why DPS mains get salty when they die to a Symmetra main and throw insults like calling her a no-skill character; she uses a different skillset entirely.

2. Your turrets provide a cumulative slow effect the more of them are shooting a target at a time, so it's tempting to bunch them up. Be careful with this - they have only 1 hp and are easily broken, so you don't want to put them close enough together that you can lose several at a time to a grenade, missile, etc.

3. Even though they can build up to respectable damage, the main uses for your turrets are a) to build your ult; b) to cause a distraction while you/your teammates engage enemies; c) to serve as an alarm on flank paths.

4. Good places to put up a turret nest include:
    -around the attackers' front door when you're on defense (for quick ult charge)
    -in a ring around the choke point
    -all over the inside of the objective (on King of the Hill maps)
    -all around the flag (in Capture the Flag)

5. Symmetra's main goal is to get her ult as fast as humanly possible when the match starts. That's why I recommend putting turrets around the attackers' front door - you can often get 20-30% of your ult within the first few seconds of the match. Ideally you'd like to have a teleporter or shield generator (usually a teleporter) up within the first minute or so.

6. Her secondary fire is a big, slow but powerful orb - easy to dodge, but all you've got in terms of long-range capability. They're somewhat useful for zoning, and they get you a big chunk of ult charge if they hit. I like to chuck one in through the enemy's front door right as the round starts. They're also good to shoot at Reinhardt when he's got his shield up, because the orb will pass right through, and he can have trouble getting out of the way without putting his shield down.

7. Symmetra's primary beam locks onto a target automatically. It has low damage at first, but the beam charges up and starts doing more damage the longer it's locked on. Best of all, after you kill you can jump it to another nearby target without resetting, which can potentially kill a couple of enemies really fast. You can keep it locked onto a D.Va mech as she's breaking, as well as a Mei wall, which can be good and bad. Unfortunately, your gun can lock onto friendly Mei walls as well, so watch out for that. A good strategy is to stand off to the side of the choke, then when you see someone engage a teammate or turn around to go after your turrets, come in from the side and start blasting them. Since your gun auto-locks, you should focus on being evasive and hard to hit while burning them down.

8. The big question for Symmetra is, do you put up a teleporter or a shield generator? This is a judgment call, but typically the farther away from spawn the action is, the more you want a teleporter. Whatever you choose, you generally want to put it close enough to the fight that it's useful, but not so close that it can be easily found and destroyed. Another thing to keep in mind is that the enemy team has a callout for your teleporter, but not for your shield generator. That means the generator is less likely to be found and destroyed because it might take the enemy awhile to even realize it's there, unless they notice that some of your teams' health bars are now blue.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I'm not a top-tier Tracer by any means, but I'm okay with her. Here's what I've got in terms of tips:
    Spoiler: Tracer
    Show
    1. Never, EVER stop moving. Sometimes it will be tempting to pause for a moment to focus your fire on someone for a kill. Resist this temptation, because regardless of who it is, you are more fragile than they are. You just have to learn to aim on the move.
    2. Predictability is your enemy (hence why you never stand still). Your speed and mobility is such that you can usually come at the fight from different directions, so take advantage of that.
    3. Pulse Bomb is one of the easiest ultimates to screw up and waste, because you have to be pretty accurate with it and you have to hit it while moving. The easiest enemies to stick it on are tanks because of their big hit boxes, but it won't kill most of them from full health. So if you're going to target them, unload some shots into them first, then throw your bomb and Recall away.
    Solid advice. Some more:
    1) Blink tempo: You earn blinks in 3 second incremements, your gun takes 1 second to empty, and 1 second to reload. So, early in the fight you can blink liberally, but when your blink is awaiting charges, your tempo is fire/reload/fire/blink. If you empty your clip before blinking, it will automaticaly reload while you blink!
    2) Discretion is the better part of valor. Tracer has very little health, and it doesn't take long for her to die once spotted. Rewind as soon as you hear Tracer's 'gasp' cue. Don't even think about it, just make that a reflex. Yes, it may get you killed sometimes, but far more often it will edge up your health so you're at parity with the enemy. Also, realize that every engagement has a window in which to accomplish your objective. Go in, blast your target, leave. Don't stick around for a prolonged duel, you'll get caught and killed. Sure, if your team gets the upper hand, but if you're getting any attention yourself, bug out, and reset.
    3) Get close to assassinate. When you've spotted your opportunity, DON'T just pull the trigger once you're in view of your target. The element of surprise is hugely important, and if you can get inside 10m and unload into your target's head, they'll often die before they're aware of what's going on. Getting the drop on an enemy is hard enough to get, don't waste it by shooting before you can secure a quick kill. On the other hand, don't be afraid to just harrass and farm ult off a distracted enemy. Both tactics are valid, and knowing when to do one or the other is the key to excellent Tracer play.

[QUOTE]On the other hand, I feel like I suck pretty hard with Reinhardt. I have a few basic tips, but I'm not too skilled, so hopefully someone will chime in with more and better info:

Spoiler: Reinhardt
    Show
    1. Your primary role is to shield teammates. Don't drop your shield without warning - if you do that and a teammate gets hit because their protection is suddenly gone, they're not gonna group up with you again.
    1a. Your shield visibly starts cracking when it gets low, which means allies (and enemies) paying attention will know when it's about to go down. That said, calling it out on your mic (or in chat for you PC folks) isn't a bad idea anyway.
    2. Fire strike goes through barriers. Keep that in mind not only when you throw yours, but when you see one coming at you. Also, Symmetra's orbs pass through as well, and she gets a LOT of ult charge for hitting someone, so avoid them if possible.
    3. You'll have to practice leading your targets with his charge (this is what I really suck with).
    4. When you're shielding an ally (like Bastion in his turret form), try to remember that you are big, bulky, and not see-through. Try to find a place to stand off to one side where you can shield them effectively without blocking their line of sight.

Reinhardt is all about situational awareness:

1) NEVER show your barrier unless there's DPS nearby to shoot through it. The single most common failing I see in bad Reinhardts is blocking for nobody.
    2) Charging is a great tool, but always make sure you're charging to where the fight is going to be. That means, you want to charge TOWARD the objective, not away from it. If you charge past a bunch of enemies toward the opponent's spawn, you're feeding.
    3) Also, don't charge if your team isn't ready to back you up. This depends on callouts from your teammates, but if they're talking about a Flanker in the back-line, don't charge, you'll get cut to pieces while your supports get murdered.
    4) In addition to Symmetra's orbs and Rein's fire strike, Winston's Tesla gun, and all melee attacks ignore the shield. Dropping the shield for a quick swipe on a Genji doing sword can often make the difference between a teamwipe and a quick kill.
    5) When enemies are sitting on ults like Earthshatter and Graviton, they're going to make breaking your barrier a priority. Don't play into that trap. Use the environment as cover, and tell your team to spread out. Don't let the shield break in this circumstance, it's a clear indicator that they can fire ults unopposed for the next 2 seconds.

Now here are some characters I can provide better tips on!

Spoiler: D.Va
    Show
    1. Defense Matrix is your best friend. It can soak up pretty much all projectile fire, but not beam weapons like Mei's, Zarya's, or Symmetra's primary. It can also block several ults: Soldier 76, Roadhog, Bastion, etc. are obvious, but you can also stop Hanzo's or Mei's if you catch the projectile right after it's fired. Downside is that you cannot fire with defense matrix up, so you will want to protect teammates with it so they can take down that turreted Bastion, Torb turret, etc.

2. Your mech has a lot of health, but it goes away quickly because you have a big critical hit spot and it's center mass. If you get below ~250 health, it's time to think about disengaging.

3. Your mech never has to reload, but your damage isn't great and it falls off quickly. The best way for you to kill someone is to pounce on them with your flight (literally ramming them if possible), keep firing until either they die or you throw up defense matrix to bug out. But you should resist the temptation to solo flank most of the time.

4. Flight lets you get places many others can't. You can circumvent many choke points this way, including Volskaya Industries and Eichenwalde, but if you're the only tank this might not be a good idea.

5. Self-destruct is blocked by cover or shields. This means if people can step behind a wall (sometimes even narrow things like a road sign in Numbani), they can avoid it without having to move. Reinhardt can just put up his shield and stand wherever he pleases. Keep this in mind when you ult. Also, you can send your exploding mech all sorts of places by hitting your boost and aiming various directions before you trigger it. A good tactic is to pop the mech up in the air so that enemies can't see it as easily while it's going, because that makes it harder to avoid.
    1) A good Roadhog is D.va's nemesis. Defense Matrix doesn't work on the hook, and the stun is enough time for him to shotgun your crit box, and if there's a half-awake teammate in the vicinity, you'll get quickly de-suited and killed. If your teammates can't keep Roadhog out of your hair, consider swapping off.

2) D.va's defense matrix is far more important and useful than her damage ability. If your matrix battery is full, you're letting your enemies charge ult they shouldn't get away with. Use it often, and communicate when you'll be doing so, so your teammates know to take advantage.

3) D.va's jets will let your ram an opponent for 25 damage, and you can follow up for an immediate melee, to inflict a total of 55 damage on a target, as well as a bit of knockback. Great as a finisher for dented enemies.

Spoiler: Symmetra
    Show
    1. If aim is not your strong point, strongly consider Symmetra. She turns the game from a contest of reflexes and precision to one of strategy and forethought. This is a big part of why DPS mains get salty when they die to a Symmetra main and throw insults like calling her a no-skill character; she uses a different skillset entirely.

2. Your turrets provide a cumulative slow effect the more of them are shooting a target at a time, so it's tempting to bunch them up. Be careful with this - they have only 1 hp and are easily broken, so you don't want to put them close enough together that you can lose several at a time to a grenade, missile, etc.

3. Even though they can build up to respectable damage, the main uses for your turrets are a) to build your ult; b) to cause a distraction while you/your teammates engage enemies; c) to serve as an alarm on flank paths.

4. Good places to put up a turret nest include:
    -around the attackers' front door when you're on defense (for quick ult charge)
    -in a ring around the choke point
    -all over the inside of the objective (on King of the Hill maps)
    -all around the flag (in Capture the Flag)

5. Symmetra's main goal is to get her ult as fast as humanly possible when the match starts. That's why I recommend putting turrets around the attackers' front door - you can often get 20-30% of your ult within the first few seconds of the match. Ideally you'd like to have a teleporter or shield generator (usually a teleporter) up within the first minute or so.

6. Her secondary fire is a big, slow but powerful orb - easy to dodge, but all you've got in terms of long-range capability. They're somewhat useful for zoning, and they get you a big chunk of ult charge if they hit. I like to chuck one in through the enemy's front door right as the round starts. They're also good to shoot at Reinhardt when he's got his shield up, because the orb will pass right through, and he can have trouble getting out of the way without putting his shield down.

7. Symmetra's primary beam locks onto a target automatically. It has low damage at first, but the beam charges up and starts doing more damage the longer it's locked on. Best of all, after you kill you can jump it to another nearby target without resetting, which can potentially kill a couple of enemies really fast. You can keep it locked onto a D.Va mech as she's breaking, as well as a Mei wall, which can be good and bad. Unfortunately, your gun can lock onto friendly Mei walls as well, so watch out for that. A good strategy is to stand off to the side of the choke, then when you see someone engage a teammate or turn around to go after your turrets, come in from the side and start blasting them. Since your gun auto-locks, you should focus on being evasive and hard to hit while burning them down.

8. The big question for Symmetra is, do you put up a teleporter or a shield generator? This is a judgment call, but typically the farther away from spawn the action is, the more you want a teleporter. Whatever you choose, you generally want to put it close enough to the fight that it's useful, but not so close that it can be easily found and destroyed. Another thing to keep in mind is that the enemy team has a callout for your teleporter, but not for your shield generator. That means the generator is less likely to be found and destroyed because it might take the enemy awhile to even realize it's there, unless they notice that some of your teams' health bars are now blue.
    Symmetra is cancer, and I refuse to help anyone get better at her. Instead, here's some tips for killing Symmetra. When she throws her barrier at her, CHARGE through it and kill her. She needs 3 seconds to kill you, that's the window you'll need to bring her down. Resist the temptation to back away, that will almost certainly result in your death. This gets a lot easier if EVERYONE realizes that Symmetra is a huge threat who needs to be killed ASAP when she shows her face. She may not be a proper healer, but she's definitely in the 'support' category of Heroes it's important to kill early in the fight.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed you can use the jets as a finisher(either for wounded targets or targets who forget D.Va has a knockback attack and get close to a ledge. It's also fun to knock snipers or healers[or both, if Ana] out of position.) as well as a mobility method.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahem:

HYPE
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Aaaand I had just spent 1500 saved up gold too... darn.
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I wouldn't sweat it. If Lunar New Year is any guide, a single legendary skin will put you back 3k or more.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait... it's supposed to release on the 11th... and was leaked only on the 10th...
    It'll be interesting to see if it's real. Like, why didn't Blizzard do any build up?
    Meow(Steam page)

16. - Top - End - #406
    Firbolg in the Playground

Like, why didn't Blizzard do any build up?
    There was. There was a twitter thing implying an event on april 11th that would be set 6 years in the overwatch world's past in kings row with implication it would an omnic attack, and a comic about to the event which showed basically all those skins.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2017-04-10 at 08:06 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    There was. There was a twitter thing implying an event on april 11th that would be set 6 years in the overwatch world's past in kings row with implication it would an omnic attack, and a comic about to the event which showed basically all those skins.
    Ah. So basically a lot of sites reporting on the event are way over emphasizing the "surprise!" factor.
    Not that I'm not looking forward to it~
    Just had gotten the wrong impression from googling the subject.
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #408
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Well consider me hyped.

But why does blackwatch Mcree have a neck beard...?

The smaller back hat, the neckbeard, the emote with the hat tipping. M'lady-ing intensifies.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Well consider me hyped.

But why does blackwatch Mcree have a neck beard...?

The smaller back hat, the neckbeard, the emote with the hat tipping. M'lady-ing intensifies.
    Those are mutton chops.

Also, some people can rock a neckbeard, no problem.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

It can not not be mutton chops if there is no moustache.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Uggghhhhh. Just got out of the most intense game ever! Fighting over the last 2 meters of a payload for the deciding match. Fight went on for like 3 minutes in overtime! It was insane! Having 2 mercies on each time that both mass res at the same time, it's just... and the fight was even silly. I spent a minute and a half of that fight as roadhog behind them and shooting and killing them from the back and they paid me no attention. It was unreal!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of roadhog... is it weird I love to troll them with my knockback blast as Lucio?
    They go in for a chain hook, but then they're the ones who go flying!~
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Uggghhhhh. Just got out of the most intense game ever! Fighting over the last 2 meters of a payload for the deciding match. Fight went on for like 3 minutes in overtime! It was insane! Having 2 mercies on each time that both mass res at the same time, it's just... and the fight was even silly. I spent a minute and a half of that fight as roadhog behind them and shooting and killing them from the back and they paid me no attention. It was unreal!
    Did either team have a Mei? The first Mei that can ult the payload there should enable her team to win the game, I would think.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of roadhog... is it weird I love to troll them with my knockback blast as Lucio?
    They go in for a chain hook, but then they're the ones who go flying!~
    I LOVE that

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Solid advice. Some more:
    Thanks for the supplemental info! Glad to have someone else step in and build off what I said. I'm gonna disagree about Symmetra being cancer (that's Genji), but otherwise good post!

At this point I never spend gold on regular items anymore. I figure if I play long enough I'll get it anyway, whereas the event items are limited availability, triple price, and I can't count on getting what I want from loot boxes during the event. So as soon as an event is over I start saving up for the next one. It's annoying, but it is what it is.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Did either team have a Mei? The first Mei that can ult the payload there should enable her team to win the game, I would think.
    Yes, they did. We had one at the start, but they were bad with their walls so we asked if they could switch. I focused on their mei when I could because of her ult. She used hers once that fight and then our mercy rezzed us, and then their mercy rezzed them and the fight continued.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Really looking forward to try the "new" Lucio.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point I never spend gold on regular items anymore. I figure if I play long enough I'll get it anyway, whereas the event items are limited availability, triple price, and I can't count on getting what I want from loot boxes during the event. So as soon as an event is over I start saving up for the next one. It's annoying, but it is what it is.
    This. Everyone should do this. Mind you I did toss blizz another $60 AUD cause I love this content (didn't get everything I wanted, but I now have 13.5 k gold to spend at the end of the event for things I don't get- looking at you genji skin). Also Lucio got a boop voiceline :D.

I wanna try the new Lucio in comp as well. But I think I am gonna play arcade for now.

----

In other news I can no longer hear coms and I can longer speak in team chat. I can see the icons flash up at the top left when someone speaks, I can mute myself. But I cannot hear or speak anyone else. Discord works fine. So it's not my system, but the overwatch app. Anyone have any ideas? Settings are all on default and I've never had this issue before.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Always, ALWAYS prioritize killing the mercy first.
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2017-04-11 at 07:03 PM.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Enjoying the new mode~
    Managed to get PotG as Rein, and we still won despite our Torb leaving in the first few seconds.
    One of my loot boxes even had a legendary!(the rusted one).. One of the old bastion skins.
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-04-11 at 07:41 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Really looking forward to try the "new" Lucio.
    I'm not looking forward to trying to shoot him. Having one Lucio stall a point versus an entire team on Nepal is bad enough already, without him having more passive healing and faster wall-riding.

Thanks for the supplemental info! Glad to have someone else step in and build off what I said. I'm gonna disagree about Symmetra being cancer (that's Genji), but otherwise good post!
    Yeah, I hate Genji too, but at least Genji players need a modicum of skill to land shots and build ult charge, though I think his skill floor is actually a lot higher than prevailing wisdom would indicate. His skill ceiling is VERY high, but I can't tell you how often you get spaztards hopping around spamming right click and deflect on cooldown.