New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: GrrlPower III: Crisis Of Infinite Filler Comics

I had been wondering why the breakin was being played out. Now I know and I had NOT seen that coming. I wonder how this will play out?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    RIP Coot. You shall not be missed that much...
    The way those vault defenses lit him up, he was hardly missed at all!

(Tip your waiter or waitress, folks!)

3. - Top - End - #423

I was wondering when he'd show up again...

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I was wondering when he'd show up again...
    Chitillia: „He's like sand. He gets everywhere.”

Nice to see Deus again. I wonder what he wants.

And that weird knife...
    Considering the steep price for (re)using it I hope it is more than a glorified cosmetic surgery tool.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Chitillia: „He's like sand. He gets everywhere.”

Nice to see Deus again. I wonder what he wants.

And that weird knife...
    Considering the steep price for (re)using it I hope it is more than a glorified cosmetic surgery tool.
    It's the only knife that can cut through that damn plastic around controllers and other stuff.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    It's the only knife that can cut through that damn plastic around controllers and other stuff.
    Oh. Wow. I'd kill one hundred people for a knife like that!
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Colossus in the Playground

I do find the idea kind of hilariously awesome though. Imagine it. These guys went through all that effort, all that planning, created a world wide disturbance specifically to make this raid possible. All so sciona and cthilla or whatever their names are could look pretty again. I mean, im sure there is more to it than that, but I just love the thought.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

I just love the general idea that the knife isnt down there because its some unspeakable weapon of horror. Its down there because the price of using it is horribly high.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I just love the general idea that the knife isnt down there because its some unspeakable weapon of horror. Its down there because the price of using it is horribly high.
    If you play the Elder Scrolls games, it's a variation of the Soul Gem mechanic from those.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Both, sort of. If it wasn't much sharper than a normal knife, it wouldn't be worth the price. It's got a horrible enough price to make it worthwhile to prevent people from using it, and is useful enough (whatever it does) that people would be willing to pay that price anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it me, or is Deus the only likeable character here? I mean, who decides to go on a shopping spree in middle of a heist? That guy.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Is it me, or is Deus the only likeable character here? I mean, who decides to go on a shopping spree in middle of a heist? That guy.
    He is totally awesome. He isn't just smug, he turns it up to 12. And then trademarks the phrase "turn it up to 12." I love that guy. His self confidence is awe inspiring.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

13. - Top - End - #433

Deus is the best bad guy ever. He is hyper smug, hyper awesome, and manages to be arrogant in the perfect way to be entertaining rather than annoying (to us, im pretty sure lady half a face is very annoyed right now) Every time he features in the comic I find myself grinning or laughing. That shopping cart? My god thats just troll level 1000 right there.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Deus is the best bad guy ever. He is hyper smug, hyper awesome, and manages to be arrogant in the perfect way to be entertaining rather than annoying (to us, im pretty sure lady half a face is very annoyed right now) Every time he features in the comic I find myself grinning or laughing. That shopping cart? My god thats just troll level 1000 right there.
    I think, he is a more physically imposing, more charismatic Lex Luthor.

My prediction, he knows team Maxima is on the case, and will basically propose Sciona to hurry the eff up, while he plunders the vault for Trinkets.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    I think, he is a more physically imposing, more charismatic Lex Luthor.

My prediction, he knows team Maxima is on the case, and will basically propose Sciona to hurry the eff up, while he plunders the vault for Trinkets.
    I think there's more than Cooter over the walls when team Maxima gets in.

Team Maxima were invited after the alarms went off, so with travel time etc. their arrival has got to be best part of a day later.

So, who won, Sciona or Deus, or did Sciona agree to the draw (which Deus already proposed), after losing most of her team?
    Last edited by halfeye; 2017-10-02 at 10:38 AM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

I think there's more than Cooter over the walls when team Maxima gets in.

Team Maxima were invited after the alarms went off, so with travel time etc. their arrival has got to be best part of a day later.

So, who won, Sciona or Deus, or did Sciona agree to the draw (which Deus already proposed), after losing most of her team?
    Thats unlikely for several reasons, the main of wich is that Sciona is the cold calculating type of villian.

And Deus holds all the advantages here. For a start the general rule we have seen is that Supers/Monsters when it comes to a physical brawl. And on Deus side there might be up to 4 of them. Sciona does not know if Deus is a super or not. But he does have the physical build of one.

Furthermore, one of the first things Deus does is display his information advantage, he shows how he knows enough about Sciona and her team to figure out what each of them are after in the vault. Information is power, especially when it comes to knowing what sort of powers your opponent has.

Lastly and most importantly, Sciona does not trust her entire team at this point. She is uncertain about if Cthilla has betrayer her to Deus, and she cant be certain who Cthilla would side with in a fight.

It leads to an overwhelming advantage to Deus, and Sciona is smart enough to know that. She backed out without a fight.
    Though i do suspect this is Deus being a master negotiator, strenghtening his position and keeping Sciona off balance before offering a deal of some sort.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Thats unlikely for several reasons, the main of wich is that Sciona is the cold calculating type of villian.

And Deus holds all the advantages here. For a start the general rule we have seen is that Supers/Monsters when it comes to a physical brawl. And on Deus side there might be up to 4 of them. Sciona does not know if Deus is a super or not. But he does have the physical build of one.

Furthermore, one of the first things Deus does is display his information advantage, he shows how he knows enough about Sciona and her team to figure out what each of them are after in the vault. Information is power, especially when it comes to knowing what sort of powers your opponent has.

Lastly and most importantly, Sciona does not trust her entire team at this point. She is uncertain about if Cthilla has betrayer her to Deus, and she cant be certain who Cthilla would side with in a fight.

It leads to an overwhelming advantage to Deus, and Sciona is smart enough to know that. She backed out without a fight.
    Though i do suspect this is Deus being a master negotiator, strenghtening his position and keeping Sciona off balance before offering a deal of some sort.
    Yeah, it does seem that Sciona ought to fold.

I'm just not seeing the remains of Cooter as enough for all the reactions later on, and Sciona isn't talking as if folding is on her agenda at this point.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I'm just not seeing the remains of Cooter as enough for all the reactions later on, and Sciona isn't talking as if folding is on her agenda at this point.
    My money is on the artist not being comfortable drawing large amounts of gore. People have a personal limit to that sort of thing
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    My money is on the artist not being comfortable drawing large amounts of gore. People have a personal limit to that sort of thing
    Oh yeah, absolutely, but he drew Sciona et al coming in covered in the stuff. Cooter was exploded, that means burnt or vaporised, that oughtn't to make a really stinky mess.

I dunno, I am guessing, I think there's going to be a fight.

20. - Top - End - #440

This is the treasure room, cooter blew up in the anteroom that leads to where everything is locked up I think.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Oh yeah, absolutely, but he drew Sciona et al coming in covered in the stuff. Cooter was exploded, that means burnt or vaporised, that oughtn't to make a really stinky mess.

I dunno, I am guessing, I think there's going to be a fight.
    I'm 50-50 on the possible fight. I want there to be a fight, that's for sure.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Well, a very large part of them are really horrible people, so yes i would also want there to be a fight. At least some of them are going to get hurt then. I just dont believe its likely to happen.

23. - Top - End - #443

Well Deus just established dominance right there, or at least assumed it. If that IS the case that Val could stomp sciona flat, and even with her power up would only be able to fight her on an even basis, you have to wonder what it is Vale can DO? I mean, we havent actually seen anything sciona can personally do other than heal quick and hold a normal human in the air, which, lets face it, sydney weighs like 100 pounds soaking wet, if that. So thats hardly space shuttle lifting strength. She makes up for it to an extent with her golems and such I suppose, but I wonder if we will see just how personally powerful she is and where that ranks in the super community.

Also, I put this on the comic comment section but geez, im starting to think that Deus is like Vehemence, only instead of being fueled by violence, its through personal smugness. The smugger he gets, the more powerful he gets. Its an ugly cycle, the stronger he is, the smugger he will be which makes him stronger, which makes him smugger. Unless someone punches him out early on, it would probably end badly. If he releases his smug energy right now he may need to ka-pants himself. Which will of course make him smugger.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm. I only recognize two of those artifacts.

The Mask of Loki from The Mask.

The Lament Configuration from Hellraiser.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Also, I put this on the comic comment section but geez, im starting to think that Deus is like Vehemence, only instead of being fueled by violence, its through personal smugness.
    So... a pride magic user or something? That would also have the bonus of making him smugger based on how smug the other people around him are.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

This latest comic reminded me of this. I guess he wasn't just messing around with Sydney.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Well Deus just established dominance right there, or at least assumed it. If that IS the case that Val could stomp sciona flat, and even with her power up would only be able to fight her on an even basis, you have to wonder what it is Vale can DO? I mean, we havent actually seen anything sciona can personally do other than heal quick and hold a normal human in the air, which, lets face it, sydney weighs like 100 pounds soaking wet, if that. So thats hardly space shuttle lifting strength. She makes up for it to an extent with her golems and such I suppose, but I wonder if we will see just how personally powerful she is and where that ranks in the super community.

Also, I put this on the comic comment section but geez, im starting to think that Deus is like Vehemence, only instead of being fueled by violence, its through personal smugness. The smugger he gets, the more powerful he gets. Its an ugly cycle, the stronger he is, the smugger he will be which makes him stronger, which makes him smugger. Unless someone punches him out early on, it would probably end badly. If he releases his smug energy right now he may need to ka-pants himself. Which will of course make him smugger.
    If we're going along this path, I have a feeling that pride might not be the deadly sin Deus is powered by...

Quote Originally Posted by Deus
    Quote Originally Posted by CC St. Croix
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus
    "Envy? Oh, you want something that someone else has? That's just rebranded greed. Lust? You still just want something someone else has. It's sexual greed. Diligence? What are you working so hard for? Merely a means to greed."
    "That's certainly an interesting philosophy."
    "Thank you. I'm considering trying to make it a religion for tax reasons."
    EDIT: Unless that comic is intentional misdirection for this line of thought, I suppose...
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-10-05 at 07:44 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Pride doesn't actually fit that model. It's fundamentally about what you've already got. If there's any connection it's in the opposite direction - you want to have something so as to be proud of having it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

And Deus continues being his eyeroll-inducing self, I see. I think every time this guy appears on scene my enjoyment of the comic drops a couple points.

I've just seen entirely too many anime with Smug Invincible Ambiguous Bad Guy Who Always Knows Everything to not see exactly that's what Deus is and extremely little else.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    And Deus continues being his eyeroll-inducing self, I see. I think every time this guy appears on scene my enjoyment of the comic drops a couple points.

I've just seen entirely too many anime with Smug Invincible Ambiguous Bad Guy Who Always Knows Everything to not see exactly that's what Deus is and extremely little else.
    Enjoyment is relative. I reenact the exorcist eye rolling each time I see Sydney/Dabbler/Maxima/HackerGirl talk.

Each of them is so stereotypical and cliche, is a blip on the radar.