New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Quote Originally Posted by Sniccups View Post
    (Sorry about the wait.)

J, still kind of dazed about her discovery, looks around for a while and then suddenly says:

"We need to do a second test. It could have just been chance. Does anyone else have a place to go?"
    Leslie and Changeling have been pretty quiet as they've been watching an assassin fight a demon at the other end of the tavern. It seems to be over now, though.

"Hm? Ah, right! It could be a fluke from Algernon's ability. We need someone more substantial to test it on."

Leslie glances around. John has most likely moved on to less distracted storytellers and Geneva may have already gotten up to take her kid to dragon soccer practice or something. She doesn't know anyone else here unless Sam decides to volunteer. So, barring that... she stands up and clears her throat.

"Attention, everyone! If-"

*TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *CRASH!*

...just in time to watch another assassin fight, closer to us this time. Two shadow-mages of some description are fencing over by the bar. They knock over a series of trays and glasses as other patrons scurry out of their path. Some make for the door we were using and fling it open to leave, not really caring about their destination.

"Ah..." Leslie slowly sits back down. Her eyes are wide with panic, but she has no obvious way to act on it. "...is that... I mean, that isn't normal, is it? Should we do something?"

Changeling stares at the fight with a serious expression, considering her options on a more tactical level.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    ((It's fine. Wenomir's extremely fast and skilled, so go ahead and have Fade use his powers.))

Instead of jumping, Wenomir ducks and rolls to the side, getting out from between Fade and his shadow. He's paying attention to his shadow's placement now, and making sure Fade can't hit it. As he gets up, he slashes at Fade's armpit again, hoping it will be exposed during his attack.
    That means he went to Fade's right. Not that this is important. It's just for my imagination.
    The opening is there, but right as he swings the blade of shadow Fade comes to parry.

"I didn't meant to use it, but I have to after you forced me to fight with an handy cap." Fade says, He will then try to grab Wenomirs arm while his sword is ready to paary. Should he manage to grab him he will drag im closer. Fade is strong, but not as strong as Wenomir noticed befor, Fade holds back for sure. He will then attemps to kick Wenomir in the stomatch.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *CRASH!*

...just in time to watch another assassin fight, closer to us this time. Two shadow-mages of some description are fencing over by the bar. They knock over a series of trays and glasses as other patrons scurry out of their path. Some make for the door we were using and fling it open to leave, not really caring about their destination.

"Ah..." Leslie slowly sits back down. Her eyes are wide with panic, but she has no obvious way to act on it. "...is that... I mean, that isn't normal, is it? Should we do something?"

Changeling stares at the fight with a serious expression, considering her options on a more tactical level.
    "Don't worry about it." Suggests the barmaid, darting over to catch a fallen tray and return it to its rightful place.
    "Unless you know those guys. This sort of thing happens all the time."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    That means he went to Fade's right. Not that this is important. It's just for my imagination.
    The opening is there, but right as he swings the blade of shadow Fade comes to parry.

"I didn't meant to use it, but I have to after you forced me to fight with an handy cap." Fade says, He will then try to grab Wenomirs arm while his sword is ready to paary. Should he manage to grab him he will drag im closer. Fade is strong, but not as strong as Wenomir noticed befor, Fade holds back for sure. He will then attemps to kick Wenomir in the stomatch.
    Seeing that Fade is going for a grapple, Wenomir decides not to avoid it. Instead he does what Fade might not have expected. He closes the distance himself, slipping under Fade's hand, holds his sword in a half-sword grips and launches himself forward, trying to impale Fade right through the chest.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "That's an interesting coincidence," Dave replies, "I happen to need help with something. You see, when I said my village was destroyed, that was about a week ago. I'd really like to go back there and give whoever it is that killed my family and friends a piece of my mind."
    Steve says "Provided I have proof that they are bandits, I can help. What are your numbers so far, and how many bandits are we up against?"
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve says "Provided I have proof that they are bandits, I can help. What are your numbers so far, and how many bandits are we up against?"
    "One, and I have no clue how many there are, or even if the attackers are bandits. I was out hunting when the attack occurred. I heard a sound like thunder, and because it wasn't stormy, I hurried back. It was after dark by the time I returned, and I found the village occupied. They fired on me with some sort of guns, and I realized I couldn't defeat them alone, so I retreated." Dave seems angry just remembering these events.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

"One, and I have no clue how many there are, or even if the attackers are bandits. I was out hunting when the attack occurred. I heard a sound like thunder, and because it wasn't stormy, I hurried back. It was after dark by the time I returned, and I found the village occupied. They fired on me with some sort of guns, and I realized I couldn't defeat them alone, so I retreated." Dave seems angry just remembering these events.
    Steve says "Bandits or not, I'm guessing that a group of soldiers who show up and fire at the residents of a village are not supposed to be here. I want to help you, but we need more people. Last time I checked, VIGIL helps with things like this, so we can get them to help. I would like to get GLoG to help, however I believe that they don't do what they say, however noble their intentions." Steve quietly sits there and ponders "I have a friend who is a scholar. She doesn't like fighting, but I think she has friends who can help us. Besides that, we might need to recruit our own militia. Do you have any contacts who could help?"
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2018-03-30 at 02:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

Steve says "Bandits or not, I'm guessing that a group of soldiers who show up and fire at the residents of a village are not supposed to be here. I want to help you, but we need more people. Last time I checked, VIGIL helps with things like this, so we can get them to help. I would like to get GLoG to help, however I believe that they don't do what they say, however noble their intentions." Steve quietly sits there and ponders "I have a friend who is a scholar. She doesn't like fighting, but I think she has friends who can help us. Besides that, we might need to recruit our own militia. Do you have any contacts who could help?"
    Dave frowns. "Not really. I haven't seen anyone I know since the attack. They could be dead or captured."

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Don't worry about it." Suggests the barmaid, darting over to catch a fallen tray and return it to its rightful place.
    "Ah, alright! I'll, ah, try to ignore it..."

"Pff. No fun."

Leslie and Changeling fail to ignore the fight scene, though at least Leslie is content to watch from the corner of her eye as she resumes the potion conversation.

"Is it okay if I take a sample? I can synthesize a bigger batch of it for testing once I have the lab set up."

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

A new occupant enters.

A tall man with wide shoulders, a scraggy unkempt beard and a face withered by age and hardships, silently appears within the tavern entrance. He pauses for a moment as his eyes run over the establishment and its occupants. A growing feeling of nostalgia causes his lips to curl into a faint curious smile. Upon a deep breath full of forgotten memories he brings himself further in and walks towards the bar.
    He wore a simple plain beige tunic, slightly too large for his large body, secured by tethers of rope and leather. The open ends flapped about on his tanned, scarred skin. His bare feet move across the floor boards with a steady soft step.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2018-03-31 at 04:14 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Dave frowns. "Not really. I haven't seen anyone I know since the attack. They could be dead or captured."
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    A new occupant enters.

A tall man with wide shoulders, a scraggy unkempt beard and a face withered by age and hardships, silently appears within the tavern entrance. He pauses for a moment as his eyes run over the establishment and its occupants. A growing feeling of nostalgia causes his lips to curl into a faint curious smile. Upon a deep breath full of forgotten memories he brings himself further in and walks towards the bar.
    He wore a simple plain beige tunic, slightly too large for his large body, secured by tethers of rope and leather. The open ends flapped about on his tanned, scarred skin. His bare feet move across the floor boards with a steady soft step.
    Steve says "Alright then, I guess we'll just have to some searching then." Steve takes notice of the newcomer and stands up to go greet him "Hello good sir, who might you be?" Steve says in a friendly tone.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Steve says "Alright then, I guess we'll just have to some searching then." Steve takes notice of the newcomer and stands up to go greet him "Hello good sir, who might you be?" Steve says in a friendly tone.
    "Arden" The man replies lightheartedly in response, offering his hand in greeting. He flicks his head to clear his face of his long unruly hair and better look at the man he was talking too.
    "I have travelled long and far, do you mind if I take a seat?"

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

"Arden" The man replies lightheartedly in response, offering his hand in greeting. He flicks his head to clear his face of his long unruly hair and better look at the man he was talking too.
    "Not at all." Dave offers Arden a seat. "I'm Dave. He extends a handshake to the newcomer. He then speaks to Steve. "Yeah, you're right. Let's get to looking."
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-31 at 12:13 PM.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

"Not at all." Dave offers Arden a seat. "I'm Dave. He extends a handshake to the newcomer. He then speaks to Steve. "Yeah, you're right. Let's get to looking."
    Steve says to Dave "I think we might be able to start here." He then turns to Arden and says "Hello Arden, I'm Steve. We were wondering if you would like to help us fight some bandits occupying a village. We need all the help we can get. Dave and I will get you any supplies you may need for the task, as well as payment for your help."

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Steve says to Dave "I think we might be able to start here." He then turns to Arden and says "Hello Arden, I'm Steve. We were wondering if you would like to help us fight some bandits occupying a village. We need all the help we can get. Dave and I will get you any supplies you may need for the task, as well as payment for your help."
    Arden greets Dave as he takes a seat, groaning slightly in relief as he gets off his feet. After a short sigh he replies. That's a hell of a greeting. What have these bandits done? When do you leave?

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

Arden greets Dave as he takes a seat, groaning slightly in relief as he gets off his feet. After a short sigh he replies. That's a hell of a greeting. What have these bandits done? When do you leave?
    "Other than conquer and maybe destroy an entire village? I don't know. I don't know when to leave yet, I'm not sure how many people we need."

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

"Other than conquer and maybe destroy an entire village? I don't know. I don't know when to leave yet, I'm not sure how many people we need."
    "If the village is already theirs, what is there to gain by further violence. If everyone is dead there will be no one left to occupy it, nor look after the families of the fallen." Arden raises a hand to pause the conversation. "Sorry I just need a drink to wet my lips." He apologises as he signals a bartender.
    After ordering a drink he carries on.
    "I will come to offer aid but I will not raise a sword."

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

"If the village is already theirs, what is there to gain by further violence. If everyone is dead there will be no one left to occupy it, nor look after the families of the fallen." Arden raises a hand to pause the conversation. "Sorry I just need a drink to wet my lips." He apologises as he signals a bartender.
    "Alright then, that is a fair choice." Steve says "What aid do you wish to bring?"

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright then, that is a fair choice." Steve says "What aid do you wish to bring?"
    "That's a good question. How do you intend to help us without a weapon?" To Dave, stating that you will not lift a sword is the same as saying you do not wish to fight.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's a good question. How do you intend to help us without a weapon?" To Dave, stating that you will not lift a sword is the same as saying you do not wish to fight.
    Arden leans back in his chair and flashes a surprisingly white toothed smile, grinning as though something amusing was just said.
    "I will be the logic, reason and otherwise moral compass admits the wild storm of violence and bloodlust. Before all else I will seek to deescalate confrontation but I cannot let an injured man lay bleeding. I am quite the trained healer."

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

Arden leans back in his chair and flashes a surprisingly white toothed smile, grinning as though something amusing was just said.
    "I will be the logic, reason and otherwise moral compass admits the wild storm of violence and bloodlust. Before all else I will seek to deescalate confrontation but I cannot let an injured man lay bleeding. I am quite the trained healer."
    Steve says "I believe that if we can deter the behavior of the bandits without killing all of them, that would be best. My problem here is the evil they have committed by spilling innocent blood, I do not think vengeance is necessary." Steve looks at Dave and says "Alright Dave, I think we should go ask VIGIL for help, and then assemble whatever militia we can."

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Steve says "I believe that if we can deter the behavior of the bandits without killing all of them, that would be best. My problem here is the evil they have committed by spilling innocent blood, I do not think vengeance is necessary." Steve looks at Dave and says "Alright Dave, I think we should go ask VIGIL for help, and then assemble whatever militia we can."
    "We can always use a healer." Despite being a warrior, Dave doesn't disapprove of Arden's profession. It is a noble practice. Then, to Steve, "That sounds like a good idea. Lead the way, friend." Dave waits to follow Steve.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #1163

Seeing that Fade is going for a grapple, Wenomir decides not to avoid it. Instead he does what Fade might not have expected. He closes the distance himself, slipping under Fade's hand, holds his sword in a half-sword grips and launches himself forward, trying to impale Fade right through the chest.
    That was really one thing Fade didn't expect, but Fade was ready to do something. Fade can't avoid the hit, but he can reduce the damage. He turns to the side leaving Wenomir only half of his body to hit, then his sword goes down to protect his heart from Wenomir's attack. That way Wenomir only hits some non Vital places.
    In the same moment, the ignored shadow makes a simular move since Wenomir seemed to ignore it. It goes down as well trying to impale the swordsman. The shadow blade works like a normal one and Wenomir might feel it when Fade stops it befor it penetrates Wenomirs skin. Wenomir could tell that he could have been impaled if Fade wanted to.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir stops when he realizes Fade held back a vital blow, lowers his sword and steps back.

"A stalemate. If this was a real fights, both of us would have been struck."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

"We can always use a healer." Despite being a warrior, Dave doesn't disapprove of Arden's profession. It is a noble practice. Then, to Steve, "That sounds like a good idea. Lead the way, friend." Dave waits to follow Steve.
    Steve says "follow me" and then heads off to VIGIL.

26. - Top - End - #1166

Wenomir stops when he realizes Fade held back a vital blow, lowers his sword and steps back.

"A stalemate. If this was a real fights, both of us would have been struck."
    Fade lowers his sword as well and the shadow disapears.

"That is right. In a real fight I would say we both are dead by now. "

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

"Dead, or too injured to fight," Wenomir agrees. "But I saw you were trying to grab me, so I decided to risk it. Otherwise I might have been caught."

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    J stands up and shouts "Does anyone have a place that they need to go? We have a way to get you there, if you want to try it!"
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

*Cosmo the disgruntled gnome bartender leans against the elemental ice machine behind the bar, listlessly polishing a glass to crystal clear perfection with a bar rag. He sighs and places the final glass on the rack. Then he looks over at a small scroll laid out atop the ice machine with a list of chores (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) and checks off “polish glasses - like *really* polish them don’t just wipe them, sheeesh.” His tired eyes move down to the next to-do item: “Roll for random encounter.”*

Urg. *Says the gnome, and rolls a polyhedron with symbols all over it. He rolls what looks like a smoldering cigarette.*

...oh no....

*The back door to the tavern owner’s private residence swings suddenly open with a *whack!* as a scaly hand thrusts it all the way back against the wall.*

Profit day! Trog’s favorite day. Time to collect that sweet, sweet gold. *A troglodyte with a bowler cap on (and, thankfully, an eyebrow ring of smell cancellation, blunting his kind’s usual stench) rubs his hands together like a cartoon greedy person and wanders behind the bar.*

Morning/afternoon/evening, uh... boss.

Mornoonevening to you too, Cosmo. Trog’s just here to collect the profits. Ownership perk, you know. Mind opening up the till?

...you’ve forgotten how it works again, haven’t you.

All the darn buttons and levers are too little for Trog’s stubby fingers. *he retrieves a thin Coffin Nail (tm) cigarette and nimbly lights it without any difficulty*

Right. Well then. *Cosmo rings up a complicated series of numbers and commands and with a ding a small drawer pops open in the cabinet below the register.

Gotta remember to put Trog’s back into it. Usually pretty heavy.

*He leans down and heaves up... a tiiiiiny little sack about as big as a coin purse.*

Err....

*blinks*

A bit... lighter... than normal, isn’t it?

A tad.

...people er settling their tabs often then?

Did you hire those armed goons like I asked you to? For collections?

Er... oh the goons... er.... nnnnoo?

Then no.

Ah.

Well, better get right on that then.

You do that. I’m gonna get to the next thing on the list.

Ah, the to-do list, right. You uh... you do that. Trog’s just going to uh...

Disappear for months at a time?

That’s it. *the troglodyte leaves the way he came in, leaving a haze of cigarette smoke in his wake*

30. - Top - End - #1170

"Dead, or too injured to fight," Wenomir agrees. "But I saw you were trying to grab me, so I decided to risk it. Otherwise I might have been caught."
    "I would say you would be dead. Your technic was very suprising, but I guess your not used against two?" Fade says. There is no arrogance in his voice, well as allways there are no emotions at all.