New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Town

"I can dyo that. What syort of hyouse are you thinking? Biggish? Smallish? Yard?"

Lake

Grace doesn't seem to react. Either she isn't psychic at all, or has the best poker face (which she obviously doesn't, as she already almost blew her cover once already).

"Well, that sounds unpleasant to not be believed in. Where, um, where have you been so far? On the tour, that is."
    Town

Harold considers this. While considering this, he realizes that he's finally free. Free to choose, free to help other people instead of just easing their suffering, and free to sleep in a comfortable bed that he could call his own. Harold almost cries. Almost.

Small. I misplace things easily. Less square footage the better, I say.

Lake

Where, have I been? the Riverman asks himself,
    Spoiler: I should have done this to start with, my bad
    Show
    I have been to the fiery pits of Tartarus. I have been to the highest points of Olympis. I have walked both the planes of mortals and immortals. I have seen horror beyond reason and beauty without form. I have seen worlds collide and break, stars themselves collapse in blazes of glory. I have been to nirvana, felt the ever approaching calmness of death. I have been to primordial planes of fire, ice, earth, and air. I HAVE SEEN THE UNIVERSE IN ALL OF ITS SPLENDOR, AND NONE OF IT IMPRESSES ME. DEATH, PERMANENT DEATH IS ON MY DOOR, AND MY ONE WORRY IS WHERE I SHALL LAY MY FEET WHEN IT TAKES ME?I HAVE BEEN TO ALL PLACES, ALL POSSIBILITIES, AND I FOUND THEM INADEQUATE!

During his speech, a nimbus of red energy starts to swirl around The Riverman. Once he's done with his little speech, the Riverman takes a step back.

I'm sorry I toke my anger out on you. That was very improper of me.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-12-21 at 09:39 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Barbarian in the Playground

Grace's House

"I've been able to make potions that help you recover from injury. I give those away when I can." Idun is thankful for the change in topic.

"Lately I've been working on an extract to give people more energy. I'm still figuring that out."

Breakfast Town

"My dear, I don't know this land any better than you. We followed a small dragon here, remember? But... perhaps you have a house in the Nexus that you can welcome a guest in?" Cherie flutters her eyelashes at Felandria.

Town

Cherie blinks for a moment or two. "I suppose I can see their point. Being able to manipulate forces like this has many uses across a battle." She drops down to the ground just as quickly as she'd floated up - did she cast a spell of her own?

"Do you know the exact threshold that forces your change? Have you tried to push that limit back?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2017-12-20 at 08:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"What kind of energy?" Dorota asks. "Are talking about pick-me-ups when they're tired or under the weather, or something stronger? I've found it difficult to create such potions that don't come with a bit of a... crash, afterwards. The energy has to come from somewhere."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

Isaac nods.
    ”I try it often enough, yeah. I’ve gotten better. But I don’t like doing it in a place I like. Don’t want to wreck the place.” he explains honestly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #635

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Town

Harold considers this. While considering this, he realizes that he's finally free. Free to choose, free to help other people instead of just easing their suffering, and free to sleep in a comfortable bed that he could call his own. Harold almost cries. Almost.

Small. I misplace things easily. Less square footage the better, I say.

Lake

Where, have I been? the Riverman asks himself,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have been to the fiery pits of Tartarus. I have been to the highest points of Olympis. I have walked both the planes of mortals and immortals. I have seen horror beyond reason and beauty without form. I have seen worlds collide and break, stars themselves collapse in blazes of glory. I have been to nirvana, felt the ever approaching calmness of death. I have been to primordial planes of fire, ice, earth, and air. I HAVE SEEN THE UNIVERSE IN ALL OF ITS SPLENDOR, AND NONE OF IT IMPRESSES ME. DEATH, PERMANENT DEATH IS ON MY DOOR, AND MY ONE WORRY IS WHERE I SHALL LAY MY FEET WHEN IT TAKES ME?I HAVE BEEN TO ALL PLACES, ALL POSSIBILITIES, AND I FOUND THEM INADEQUATE!

During his speech, a nimbus of red energy starts to swirl around The Riverman. Once he's done with his little speech, the Riverman takes a step back.

I'm sorry I toke my anger out on you. That was very improper of me.
    Town

"Hmm. Like, single room, or maybe just two?" Naku asks, tapping a finger against her chin in thought.

Lake

"Oh no, you're fine.
    Do you need something to eat? I know I'd be quite hungry after that long alone on a lake."
    Grace seems remarkably unperturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Grace's House

"I've been able to make potions that help you recover from injury. I give those away when I can." Idun is thankful for the change in topic.

"Lately I've been working on an extract to give people more energy. I'm still figuring that out."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Grace's House]

"What kind of energy?" Dorota asks. "Are talking about pick-me-ups when they're tired or under the weather, or something stronger? I've found it difficult to create such potions that don't come with a bit of a... crash, afterwards. The energy has to come from somewhere."
    Grace's House

"And do you mean a sort of a shortish instant boost -- or quick, anyway --, or more of a few-hour-long slower sort of thing?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

"Hmm. Like, single room, or maybe just two?" Naku asks, tapping a finger against her chin in thought.

Lake

"Oh no, you're fine.
    Do you need something to eat? I know I'd be quite hungry after that long alone on a lake."
    Grace seems remarkably unperturbed.
    Town

Two sounds nice. Roomy enough, yet still a cause of claustrophobia. Sounds like a home to me. Harold gibes.

Lake

I don't eat. Mortal food is a luxury I never could afford. Conversation, however, would be akin to a five course meal, as they say. Says The Riverman. One may note that he used "as they say" instead of "as you say". He isn't that sure who, or what, Grace is yet, however he is sure that she is not a normal mortal.

You said this is the realm of a God. Of what field does this being rule over?
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

7. - Top - End - #637

Town

Cherie tilts her head one way, then the other. "Here's a thought. Perhaps you can find a more uninhabited area to practice? Why, any mage worth their salt has a place to study."

Grace's House

"The idea is to give people an instant boost, with at little of that crash you mentioned as possible. I've had success with Inferno Moss, but that's really hard to find back home, and I haven't found it here yet." Idun lets out a breath through her nose.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

Breakfast Town

"My dear, I don't know this land any better than you. We followed a small dragon here, remember? But... perhaps you have a house in the Nexus that you can welcome a guest in?" Cherie flutters her eyelashes at Felandria.
    Felandria flutters back.

Oh, I sure do, and I'd love to show it to you.

Do we need to pay a check, or...........

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"Inferno Moss..." Dorota adjusts her glasses. "Doesn't ring a bell. Where is it usually found?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #640

Town

Two sounds nice. Roomy enough, yet still a cause of claustrophobia. Sounds like a home to me. Harold gibes.

Lake

I don't eat. Mortal food is a luxury I never could afford. Conversation, however, would be akin to a five course meal, as they say. Says The Riverman. One may note that he used "as they say" instead of "as you say". He isn't that sure who, or what, Grace is yet, however he is sure that she is not a normal mortal.

You said this is the realm of a God. Of what field does this being rule over?
    Town

"Mmmmmkay. Well. Let's try this way then." Naku comments, before setting a rather brisk pace off down a street. They pass quite a few houses, so I'll leave it to you to pick one and describe it.

Lake

"They do say that, don't they? Though if you derive sustenance off of conversation, then that is quite the ability.

Anyway. This is the realm of the Goddess of Hope. Civiron, by name."

Grace's House

"The idea is to give people an instant boost, with at little of that crash you mentioned as possible. I've had success with Inferno Moss, but that's really hard to find back home, and I haven't found it here yet." Idun lets out a breath through her nose.
    [Grace's House]

"Inferno Moss..." Dorota adjusts her glasses. "Doesn't ring a bell. Where is it usually found?"
    Grace's House

Grace raises an eyebrow. Inferno Moss definitely sounded . . . unique.
    "Is it safe?" She asks out of curiosity.

~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria flutters back.

Oh, I sure do, and I'd love to show it to you.

Do we need to pay a check, or...........
    Never fear! Sniffy is here!
    He drops an acorn up on the table, and kind of manages to half nudge it a few more inches onto the table from his position nearby. He can't reach the top of the table at all, but he can help them pay!
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Town

"Mmmmmkay. Well. Let's try this way then." Naku comments, before setting a rather brisk pace off down a street. They pass quite a few houses, so I'll leave it to you to pick one and describe it.

Lake

"They do say that, don't they? Though if you derive sustenance off of conversation, then that is quite the ability.

Anyway. This is the realm of the Goddess of Hope. Civiron, by name."
    This Week on House Hunters: Afterlife Edition

A log cabin that rests at the end of the street is Harold's final decision.

So, there's a problem. Aside from a large number of magical nick-knacks, I'm broke... do you know if the land lord takes wish giving flower petals?

Lake

I was being figurative. I haven't held palaver in months, and I yearn for social interaction as such. I'm literally eating this conversation. That would be creepy. The Riverman corrects

Civiron of Hope, you say? I will be honest, I've never heard of her before. Do you know if she ascended to godhood, or was created as such?
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-12-24 at 10:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #642

Grace's House

"It depends on who uses it. Inferno Moss is found in the swamps of Scaji, in my home world. It burns bright, hot, and for a very long time; that's where it gets its name. The Scajians have used it in the past in some of their weapons, but if you use small doses, and dilute it enough..." Idun takes a breath. She wasn't used to talking this much. "You can use it in medicines too."

Breakfast Cafe

"Oh!" Cherie manages to be startled by Sniffy's sudden appearance. Could an acorn even be used for payment? There was no way, right?

"I'm sure our little friend's contribution, as well as a lump sum I leave will cover any expenses."

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac nods.
    ”That’s what I do! There’s lots of places like that in the city.” he explains.
    ”I’ve put a few holes in them...”

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"That's how it usually goes," Dorota says. "Depending on the dose, something may be a weapon, poison or tool. Is it dangerous to gather? As in, can it combust when you try to do it?"

15. - Top - End - #645
    Orc in the Playground

Grace's House

"It depends on who uses it. Inferno Moss is found in the swamps of Scaji, in my home world. It burns bright, hot, and for a very long time; that's where it gets its name. The Scajians have used it in the past in some of their weapons, but if you use small doses, and dilute it enough..." Idun takes a breath. She wasn't used to talking this much. "You can use it in medicines too."

Breakfast Cafe

"Oh!" Cherie manages to be startled by Sniffy's sudden appearance. Could an acorn even be used for payment? There was no way, right?

"I'm sure our little friend's contribution, as well as a lump sum I leave will cover any expenses."
    Fel gives Sniffy appreciative scritches.

You know, I feel kinda bad about leaving this little guy behind, you think he'd want to come with us?

I got plenty of room for him.

16. - Top - End - #646

Town

"All part of the learning process, I say. As long as nobody is hurt or threatening your coinpurse, where's the harm?" Cherie considers things for a few moments more.
    "Well, my good man, should you need a second hand, I am quite happy to provide. 'Tis the least I can do after startling you."

Grace's House

"It can puff up at you if you're not careful with scraping it; you need to go slow. I got my sleeve burnt once trying to get a sample." Idun shrugs. "Honestly, the rest of the environment's more dangerous. I don't know how the Scajians live there, the marshes are just- they're not very hospitable."

Breakfast Cafe

"I don't know about that, my dear. I'm sure this little one has other dragons he has to go back to. Besides," Cherie says, looking back up to Felandria, "I'm not exactly looking for youth-appropriate time at your home."

17. - Top - End - #647

This Week on House Hunters: Afterlife Edition

A log cabin that rests at the end of the street is Harold's final decision.

So, there's a problem. Aside from a large number of magical nick-knacks, I'm broke... do you know if the land lord takes wish giving flower petals?

Lake

I was being figurative. I haven't held palaver in months, and I yearn for social interaction as such. I'm literally eating this conversation. That would be creepy. The Riverman corrects

Civiron of Hope, you say? I will be honest, I've never heard of her before. Do you know if she ascended to godhood, or was created as such?
    House Hunting

Naku shrugs. "Iunno. Probably. But I also wouldn't worry about it. This is an afterlife, so the myajority of people arriving own nyothing. I don't think it's that big of a deal. You can probably just wash dishes or syomething to pay for it."

Lake

"Truthfully, I don't know. She seems rather quiet about her past. Afraid you would have to ask her directly, and that's if she chooses to answer it."

Breakfast Cafe

Sniffy exhales angrily when Cherie says that she's leaving money too. How dare they! He would cover this! Gosh!

Fel gives Sniffy appreciative scritches.

You know, I feel kinda bad about leaving this little guy behind, you think he'd want to come with us?

I got plenty of room for him.
    Breakfast Cafe

"I don't know about that, my dear. I'm sure this little one has other dragons he has to go back to. Besides," Cherie says, looking back up to Felandria, "I'm not exactly looking for youth-appropriate time at your home."
    Sniffle huffs again, his meaning incredibly obvious: he had a place here, and as much as it would be nice to come along, he should remain here and protect this place from the evils of things such as mailmen.
    But they should come visit again.

Grace's House

"It can puff up at you if you're not careful with scraping it; you need to go slow. I got my sleeve burnt once trying to get a sample." Idun shrugs. "Honestly, the rest of the environment's more dangerous. I don't know how the Scajians live there, the marshes are just- they're not very hospitable."
    [Grace's House]

"That's how it usually goes," Dorota says. "Depending on the dose, something may be a weapon, poison or tool. Is it dangerous to gather? As in, can it combust when you try to do it?"
    Grace, only kind of just around now more for politeness than anything else, just kind of stays quiet and looks around a little bit, remaining respectful of that it's Idun's place, and not really poking at anything.
    Even if she really would like to.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

House Hunting

Naku shrugs. "Iunno. Probably. But I also wouldn't worry about it. This is an afterlife, so the myajority of people arriving own nyothing. I don't think it's that big of a deal. You can probably just wash dishes or syomething to pay for it."

Lake

"Truthfully, I don't know. She seems rather quiet about her past. Afraid you would have to ask her directly, and that's if she chooses to answer it."
    House Hunting

Huh, Harold says monosyllabically as he starts to wonder what exactly washing dishes is. Harold hadn't exactly eaten anything during his time with Nimnarath, he couldn't die of hunger and pizza wouldn't deliver to the Dark Tower so Nimnarath just said F**k it, you're immortal, you don't need to eat..

Speaking of washing, Harold hadn't had a bath in about four millennia. He's pretty musty.

Lake

Not. I meant to say "I'm not literally eating this conversation". Damned material vocal cords. Always saying things of which the brain orders not to, or like I just gave example to: refusing the order entirely. The Riverman blathers as if he hadn't heard Grace's answer at all.

So, what do you do Grace? Are you a servitor of Civiron, a wanderer, or has your material body passed on leaving you here?

'That was a huge leap in conversation. Hope I didn't offend her' thinks The Riverman.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Orc in the Playground

Breakfast Cafe

Fel gives Sniffy a goodbye scritch.

Well, Sniffy, we'll make sure to visit you again soon.

So, Cherie, shall I whisk you away now?

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"The most valuable materials are often found in places that actively try to kill you," Dorota observes. "I'm not sure why, but it happens. But people can adapt and thrive in just about any situation. Not me, mind you. I'm a city-dweller down to the bone," she admits with a smile.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

[Town]

Isaac smiles. That almost sounded like making a friend! He doesn't have tons of those.
    "Yeah, sounds good. I always need help working on my barriers. It's hard to test those by myself."

22. - Top - End - #652

Grace's House

"I saw that city! Inside, right? I never saw a city that big before. Not even Salence comes close, and that's where the Valnesse Academy is!" Idun goes into yet more words that she expects the others here to know, for some reason. "But me, I'm most at home whenever I'm creating an extract, wherever I might be."

Town

Cherie chuckles. "And if there's anything I excel at testing, it is a barrier."

"And it will be interesting to further see how my aether interacts with this world. Curious that I can cast spells at all."

Breakfast Cafe

Cherie withdraws her hand as soon as Sniffy anger-exhales. "Alright, little one, I only wished to help. Do accept my most humble apologies." She offers the little guy a little bow.

Then she turns to Felandria, confident smirk on her face. "By all means, whisk away."

23. - Top - End - #653

House Hunting

Huh, Harold says monosyllabically as he starts to wonder what exactly washing dishes is. Harold hadn't exactly eaten anything during his time with Nimnarath, he couldn't die of hunger and pizza wouldn't deliver to the Dark Tower so Nimnarath just said F**k it, you're immortal, you don't need to eat..

Speaking of washing, Harold hadn't had a bath in about four millennia. He's pretty musty.

Lake

Not. I meant to say "I'm not literally eating this conversation". Damned material vocal cords. Always saying things of which the brain orders not to, or like I just gave example to: refusing the order entirely. The Riverman blathers as if he hadn't heard Grace's answer at all.

So, what do you do Grace? Are you a servitor of Civiron, a wanderer, or has your material body passed on leaving you here?

'That was a huge leap in conversation. Hope I didn't offend her' thinks The Riverman.
    House Hunting; better bring a pretty big rifle

". . . huh?" Naku replies, head tilting to the side. He didn't exactly give her anything to work with, and she has no idea how to actually respond to any of that.

Lake

"Oh that's fine. I figured that's what you meant."

Then she blinks a few times, and shrugs a little bit, almost embarrassed. "I- Uh. I do follow Civvy, yes. And I needed a place to stay. She needed someone to keep an eye on the ducks and make cookies. Not strictly in that order. Sooo here I am. Far as I know I'm not dead yet."

Breakfast Cafe

Fel gives Sniffy a goodbye scritch.

Well, Sniffy, we'll make sure to visit you again soon.

So, Cherie, shall I whisk you away now?
    Sniffy kind of does a half wave, and then trots off back into the forest, content that his new friends are going to visit again someday.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

House Hunting; better bring a pretty big rifle

". . . huh?" Naku replies, head tilting to the side. He didn't exactly give her anything to work with, and she has no idea how to actually respond to any of that.

Lake

"Oh that's fine. I figured that's what you meant."

Then she blinks a few times, and shrugs a little bit, almost embarrassed. "I- Uh. I do follow Civvy, yes. And I needed a place to stay. She needed someone to keep an eye on the ducks and make cookies. Not strictly in that order. Sooo here I am. Far as I know I'm not dead yet."
    House Hunting: Buck Shots won't do the trick, better bring the RPG

Hm? Oh, sorry. Trying to think. So dishes, that need washing. Are they like dogs? Kind of a weird name for an animal, but who am I judge. What exactly does a dish look like? Furry? Scaley? Harold asks.

Lake

Oh. Ducks. Sorry about that again. In my haste towards verbal interaction I may have indecently drawn a deity's ire. Lovely. sarcastically says the Riverman. He then takes a moment to pause before continuing.

I am a cosmic force of balance, or more rather I was. This conversation seems unbalanced to me, though I don't know why. I used to play games with spirits, games of questions and answers. An individual would ask a question to the other, and would receive an honest answer in return. Then the other would ask a question and receive an answer in return. This would continue until someone refused to give an honest answer, and that person would be declared the loser. Often times I and the spirit I was competing with would bet items or favors that the winner would receive, but the gambling portion of the game could be assuaged. Would you like to play this game, if you have nothing better to do. The only thing you have the threat of losing would be your pride.

25. - Top - End - #655

House Hunting: Buck Shots won't do the trick, better bring the RPG

Hm? Oh, sorry. Trying to think. So dishes, that need washing. Are they like dogs? Kind of a weird name for an animal, but who am I judge. What exactly does a dish look like? Furry? Scaley? Harold asks.

Lake

Oh. Ducks. Sorry about that again. In my haste towards verbal interaction I may have indecently drawn a deity's ire. Lovely. sarcastically says the Riverman. He then takes a moment to pause before continuing.

I am a cosmic force of balance, or more rather I was. This conversation seems unbalanced to me, though I don't know why. I used to play games with spirits, games of questions and answers. An individual would ask a question to the other, and would receive an honest answer in return. Then the other would ask a question and receive an answer in return. This would continue until someone refused to give an honest answer, and that person would be declared the loser. Often times I and the spirit I was competing with would bet items or favors that the winner would receive, but the gambling portion of the game could be assuaged. Would you like to play this game, if you have nothing better to do. The only thing you have the threat of losing would be your pride.
    Or a .50 Cal. You can kill a building with those.

"Are- . . . my gyosh you're not jyoking." Nyaku comments, head tilting to the side slightly. She doesn't sound like she's making fun of him, or trying to insult him at all, she's just . . . honestly surprised. "Nyo, dyishes are things you put food on and eat from, so you dyon't get food everywhere."

Lake

"I seeee." Grace replies, patting her palms on her pants to knock away the last of the breadcrumbs. She stays silent for a few moments, mulling that idea over. "I'll pass. Thank you for the invitation though.
    That said, I really don't mind answering questions, and you're welcome to ask more. Or if you're just offering so that I ask more, I could do that too."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Or a .50 Cal. You can kill a building with those.

"Are- . . . my gyosh you're not jyoking." Nyaku comments, head tilting to the side slightly. She doesn't sound like she's making fun of him, or trying to insult him at all, she's just . . . honestly surprised. "Nyo, dyishes are things you put food on and eat from, so you dyon't get food everywhere."

Lake

"I seeee." Grace replies, patting her palms on her pants to knock away the last of the breadcrumbs. She stays silent for a few moments, mulling that idea over. "I'll pass. Thank you for the invitation though.
    That said, I really don't mind answering questions, and you're welcome to ask more. Or if you're just offering so that I ask more, I could do that too."
    Yeah, but there's no kill like overkill

Harold blinks. Then flashes of memory come swirling back to him. He was little, like toddler little. A woman with a blurred face is putting what looks like a portion of white meat on a stone disk in front of him. The memory fades, leaving Harold speechless for a moment. Then he coughs, and says:

Right, yes. I knew what dishes were. I- uh, was testing you. Ah, bollocks. My memory's fading. I can't believe I forgot what dishes were.

Lake

Understandable, most mortals dislike the game anyway. They like to keep secrets, that fact has not waned with the passage of time. Liars, schemers, yet the rare honest truth barely surfaces.

I am the intruder here, and I see no reason why I should ask the majority of questions. Ask, and I shall answer.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

[Grace's House]

"I think Inside is like... the city. A reflection of all the cities in the multiverse." Dorota straightens her glasses. "That's why it's so eclectic and sprawling. And unfortunately, the more advanced the alchemy, the more rather less than portable equipment it uses."

28. - Top - End - #658

Yeah, but there's no kill like overkill

Harold blinks. Then flashes of memory come swirling back to him. He was little, like toddler little. A woman with a blurred face is putting what looks like a portion of white meat on a stone disk in front of him. The memory fades, leaving Harold speechless for a moment. Then he coughs, and says:

Right, yes. I knew what dishes were. I- uh, was testing you. Ah, bollocks. My memory's fading. I can't believe I forgot what dishes were.

Lake

Understandable, most mortals dislike the game anyway. They like to keep secrets, that fact has not waned with the passage of time. Liars, schemers, yet the rare honest truth barely surfaces.

I am the intruder here, and I see no reason why I should ask the majority of questions. Ask, and I shall answer.
    House Hunting

Nyaku looks at him again, and stays silent for a few moments. "Well. I hope I passed." She says gently, not pushing him, or making fun of him for his memory problems.

Lake

Grace shrugs slightly. She has her secrets, but being called a liar and schemer seems a bit excessive.
    "Wellll. How long do you usually visit? Are you planning to stay for a while?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

House Hunting

Nyaku looks at him again, and stays silent for a few moments. "Well. I hope I passed." She says gently, not pushing him, or making fun of him for his memory problems.

Lake

Grace shrugs slightly. She has her secrets, but being called a liar and schemer seems a bit excessive.
    "Wellll. How long do you usually visit? Are you planning to stay for a while?"
    Aw, I thought our rapport would continue...

Heh. Always with the witty comeback. says Harold.

So, howzabout I remember what I'm actually good at. I'm good at finding things, though I doubt this place needs a P.I. Hmf.

Harold also learned how to do... let's just say excessive acupuncture while being forced to work for Nimnarath, but he doubts that he will ever want to do that again.

Lake

Dang. You figured out my subtext. Out to be more careful.

Well when I did show up to places in this Nexus I've found myself in, trouble always seems to follow. Why, I visited a place called Trog's Tavern, and not five minutes later some sort of blood demon started to attack. I, and some sort of humanoid fox like creature, chased the malign spirit out of the bar, then I left, and what seems like years past until I showed up here. I don't know how long I'll be here as much as I don't know how long I'd stay anywhere else.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-01-01 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Riverman can't read minds

30. - Top - End - #660

Grace's House

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around that whole concept of a multiverse. I know what it is, it's just still so strange to me." Idun shakes her head and smiles. "I suppose I haven't gotten that far with it yet, then. I've never really needed anything I can't carry with me. My case is my heaviest piece of equipment," she says.

"Wait, what have you been capable of with alchemy? I've only recently started to get past my own medicine."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-01-01 at 04:38 PM.