New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Poseidon's Bounty- Nishalie Date

"It's a sudden ask, Nisha. I love you too, you know that. I wasn't expecting it, that's all." Natalie was shocked by the request, as it wasn't something she was expecting. It's a big decision, and she wants to be sure she's making the right one. "What's your home like? Magic, technology, both, or other? Well, technology, I guess, but how common is it, and would I be left behind with my backwaters upbringing?" Natalie's essentially asking to be convinced- she wants to go, but she doesn't want to go too. And her homeworld's technology is just below standard Earth's, and further behind in communications. It's why Natalie doesn't use a smartphone, favouring an older and simpler model.

Her eating has slowed, but she'll meet Nisha's eyes and smile.
    Poseidon's Bounty- Nishalie Date

Slowly, Nisha finds herself smiling back at the pretty girl eating with her. It's become hard for her to not smile when looking at the green-eyed girl's smiling face. Her left hand reaches to touch Natalie's arm for a few moments, her silver eyes starting to twinkle as she slowly realizes that she's basically being asked to sell the idea to her. "Alright, Talie. Let me just..." She pauses to enjoy some more gulps of the burdock drink, and then some more of her fish and chips, before raising her black sclera eyes and touching Natalie's arm once more.

"Right. My home has advanced technology as a part of everyday life. It's commonplace for people to get cyberaugmented, my big sister has loads, and I didn't until recently. Let's just say I can crawl on walls now. There are multiple tiers, from consumer grade to military grade and the like. That place isn't our original world, but it's become our home. Magic is in the form of manipulating our spiritual energy, sometimes with the aid of technology, to bring about supernatural effects. The smartphones you see around? They're basically relics that are limited in their function." She chatters excitedly, being the most talkative Natalie has probably ever seen her. "As for if you'll be left behind... you shouldn't be. You'll learn to adapt as time goes on, I and my sister will be there to help you. If you choose to be... what did they used to be called in the old world... Ludders or something, I think, you could, no one would alienate you for it... but technology does make life a lot easier. There're holographic displays, electric paper, digital construction technology... I could go on and on, really."

Nisha stops talking so that she can eat more of her food, while staring wistfully at the horizon. "Plus, most of us there are the adventuring type. You know, ninja mercs, hackers, that sort of thing. I'll revert to my Raven pseudonym, but you'll have to get used to calling me Hadiza." As she speaks the last sentence, her voice drops to a whisper, while she looks around suspiciously. It's standard protocol to adopt a pseudonym off-world for a reason, after all.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Poseidon's Bounty- Natsha Date

"So, the smartphones... Which I don't use because there's too many features for me to get used to... Are outdated relics. But the cybernetics seem interesting, unless they're big clunky robot bits. I'm... Not sure how they would interact with my shapeshifting, though." Answer: Probably poorly, unless they're nanonic. "I don't understand a thing about 'spirit energy'. I tap into ambient magical fields to open portals and create a resonance to warp things to me from elsewhere. That's how my summoning and conjuration works, not spirit energy. It's Luddite. My Earth had them too, technophobic vandals who broke steam engines and aetheric condensers to protest industrialisation and joblessness. I don't want to be one; I might not understand all the technology here, but I certainly enjoy some of it. Even if I don't understand it. But... The adventure sounds interesting. I've always liked the idea of going to do something exciting and dangerous. I think, it's going to be yes. Just, let's finish up here and stuff, and find me tomorrow. I need to get some things together." And possibly say her goodbyes, but she's not sure how to do that- it's been a long time since she had the opportunity to actually say goodbye to somebody that left her life for good. If ever.

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"Ah, that's OK. Professional kitchens are really high pressure, from what I've seen on TV. Don't know how accurate that is, but it made me realise I didn't want that kind of job." I remember when I was looking for a job, at least half were looking for professional chefs and kitchen workers. Which implies it's quite a competitive industry. But I can't cook either, so I went for something else. "Are there any jobs in basic maintenance or janitorial work? Heck, even cleaners. Um, where is the Lotus Garden?" He gets out his Pokédex and sets it to map view to try and figure it out.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

"Maybe? I got my first job through an Outsider contract and I'm currently the only cook for all of a Band of mercenaries. I could ask Mister Dipsnig to make you my busboy. I hate washing the dishes.

The gardens are in Riverside. They're full of marble and pretty people. Plus me."
    Sam says, adding a chuckle on the end.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-23 at 02:43 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Halfling in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

"I suppose we'll let you get to work,"
    Azren says graciously, inclining his head and his twisty antlers. He takes out his treasure again, cupping his hands around the jewels and gold. "Please, take these."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"An Outsider contract? What's that?" Alfred's curious, wondering if it would help him. He's found his map and is trying to find the route from Inside to Riverside, but it's having a little bit of trouble cooperating right now.

In other news, he'd quite like to live somewhere with lots of pretty people. Maybe I should bring back some of my Gardeners. Hmm.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

"Well like a demon only not evil. The Brokers are just businesspeople from some other realm. Mine is a big cat-thing but she usually appears as a cute cat-girl in a suit. She's really nice. I signed a contract where I got safe, affordable housing for someone my size an a year of work in exchange for two favors. First one was pretty easy." Sam explains. He decides not to mention that his apartment is above a classy brothel.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"Really? Huh. How about the second favour? They called it in yet, or is it at the end of your tenancy or whatever? And will you keep the job afterwards, or is it just literally twelve months of work?" He'd like to keep a job longer than a year, but at least at the end of a year he'd have a better idea of how how the Nexus works and how to get another job.

Better than an apartment over a cheap brothel.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Delmah Phor - Family Reunion]

Raril looks suitably abashed when Dena corrects his mistake at the gate, even managing an "My apologies, Mistress."

In the Terrarium Room, the drow nods. "Oh the underdark is quite warm, being so close to many lava sources." He explains.

Soon, a drow servant in blue and gold livery brings in a cart with tea and juice, as well as things to nibble on. Some thinngs would be familiar to the surfacers, but others lent themselves to decidedly underdark tastes.

"Is there anywhere I could change clothes in here, Raril? These clothes aren't very 'ladylike'." Dena asks when no servants are around.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"Really? Huh. How about the second favour? They called it in yet, or is it at the end of your tenancy or whatever? And will you keep the job afterwards, or is it just literally twelve months of work?" He'd like to keep a job longer than a year, but at least at the end of a year he'd have a better idea of how how the Nexus works and how to get another job.

Better than an apartment over a cheap brothel.
    "Oh, it's been a year. I was offered to continue a job but I quit. I'd never get promoted to chef in a hoity-toity place like that, and I got tired of cookin' tiny steaks and fish I could eat in one bite."
    He was also tired of being forced to cook pork, something that seriously freaked him out. Especially when the parts were recognizable.
    "Dory hasn't called in the second favor yet. Still, I'd suggest you just get a job normally. I turned to Outside help because I was desperate, I needed to get out of where I was fast, and finding cheap places for a 2-meter tall guy is rough."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

"Ah, I see. I can understand how that'd be frustrating. Well, I shall keep them as a possible last resort, just in case." He should be able to get a job. Maybe the ponies need somebody with arms to keep their picturesque borough neat and tidy, not that Alfred knows anything about that part of Inside yet.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

Maybe! Or Perhaps once he is assimilated into the unstoppable pastel horde he'll be the first pony pokemon trainer.
    "Well, d'ya wanna take a look around? All sorts of things are here in this city. Anything you like could be real now. I hear it's usually quite a rush." Sam tells Alfred, wiggling his fingers. Being a Skyside native Sam wouldn't know how it feels, though Inside was very impressive when he first visited.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

Didn't Rebo do that? Or... something pony and pokémon related?

"Uh, sure. This is the best ice cream I've ever had, thank you." He speaks to the miltank as he's ready to leave, quickly followed by Ben. Ben also thanks the miltank, but in pokémon so they can understand it.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

Rebo's hippogriff Geneva is/was a Mew after a confusing series of events.
    The Miltanks can understand Nexus Common if not speak it, and graciously invite Ben and his human to visit again sometime.
    "Okay! So! Where do you want to go?" Sam asks Alfred boisterously. Personally he would very much like to see Alfred catch a pokemon but he can't force the guy to take on more pets. Even if he does think that he'd enjoy seeing more cute cartoon birds and cats and plants and such.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Miltank's Ice Cream Bar

I'm remembering something different. A pony was caught in a pokéball and turned into a ponyta as part of something Shadowcaller did. My psychopathic seviper was about the same time.

Ben says he is sure to return, and promises to bring his human. Which is important, as Ben has no money.

"I... Don't know. I've just got here. All I own is... Um, a pokédex, Ben, Ben's ball, five others- huh, where'd they come from?- my house keys, my watch, a bottle of water, a wallet with a credit card, oyster card, bookshop loyalty stamp card and some money- a tenner, two new pound coins and shrapnel- a bar of soap... Why's that in my bag? And an old fantasy novel. I can't imagine my keys being useful, unless I get home." He's rummaging through his satchel as he speaks, and for somebody starting a new life, it's not much. But at least he has something to read. He's genuinely confused by the soap, but at least it's wrapped in plastic to avoid his other belongings from getting soapy.

I have pretty much exhausted the idea I had for Alfred now, so from this point onward, it's all unplanned and new.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Miltanks'

Yeah, she wasn't a trainer.
    "Well, we can take a look around here, maybe catch yourself a new friend? Go to the pony district? They make great cookies. Find some place with some knights?" he asks, definitely not picking two of those based on cuddling potential, you suspect nothing.
    "Your card might still be good. Your money definitely is." My only Nexus credit service is Draconic Express but Alfred isn't a dragon. Maybe his card is now a Nexpress. That sounds catchy.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-23 at 06:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Electra stays at Sszinyon's side, noting guards and defenses as they pass. She doesn't expect trouble from them, quite the opposite, actually, but it never hurts to know where your potential allies are, either. Electra allows him to give her name at the palace; she is, after all, a hired gun, and has little standing to get into the palace other than her association with Raril and now Sszinyon. Unless the latter tries to make small talk with her, she'll stay quiet until they reach the Terrarium Room.
    The drow at the gate notes that they were expected and directs them to the Terrarium room. Inside the palace, it's pitch dark. As the doors close behind them, Sszinyon asks "Can you see in the dark?"

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Miltanks' Ice Cream Bar

"Well, that's the only excuse I could have gotten to get you as an assistant. So you're on your own. But don't worry, buddy, you'll do fine.
    You look older than me, I'm sure you're good at something."
    he assures the trainer, leaning back in his seat.

The Needle and Thread

Artie sighs, looking back at the changing room.
    "Alright. I'd really rather not squeeze back into that tiny shirt, but I suppose I'll make due." he huffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Needle and Thread]

"I suppose we'll let you get to work,"
    Azren says graciously, inclining his head and his twisty antlers. He takes out his treasure again, cupping his hands around the jewels and gold. "Please, take these."
    "Thank you." Lillith says, placing the treasure in a locked drawer behind the counter. She exchange it for coin later. She also gathers up the clothes that were being purchased and sets them aside, folding them neatly. She pats the pile of clothes and says "I'll get to work on these as soon as I can."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Is there anywhere I could change clothes in here, Raril? These clothes aren't very 'ladylike'." Dena asks when no servants are around.
    Raril's white eyebrows shoot up for a moment before he understands. "Ah of course." He steps over to a panel in the corner of the room, revealing a not too cleverly hidden door. Meant to be unobtrusive, but findable. Inside is a washroom, with all the modern amenities mostly powered by magic, all done in white marble with blue-grey veins. On one wall is a large mosaic of a sea nymph playing in a forest pool.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

17. - Top - End - #317

NinjaGuy

Electra looks to Sszinyon in the darkness and nods.

"Yes. I have several low and no-light optical modes, so I'll be fine. Is the entire palace like this?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Professor Chrome's Lab

The building does indeed look like a rocket ship, standing on four pointed fins. As the two knock on the door, a ramp slides out the side and a basically-indistinguishable part of the rocket's hull slides to one side, revealing an entrance. Rolling out of the exit and down the ramp is Professor Chrome, and he's really rolling too. His body is squat and round, with a polished titanium hull mounted on a pair of heavy-duty caterpillar tracks, and an array of manipulator arms, probes and mysterious tools encircles the mid-point of the hull. On top is a glass dome in which a human brain and two organic eyes are visible; the brain's floating loose, but the eyes are hooked up to a device that lets them move around and 'see' in different directions. "VISITORS! I am Professor Chrome, and I have some starters! Not many, and they have yet to hatch! For that, I need some spare parts for the Pokebator I am using to hatch the Eggs! I need a fluorescent tube light bulb, a new cooling fan, a butterfly net made from copper wire with a rubber handle, two litres of vinegar and a personal matter destabiliser! The light bulb should be found in an electronics shop in Mallside, which should also supply the cooling fan! The net is a custom job which needs picking up from a dwarfen artisan in Westside, Riverside, his shop is called Exotic Captures! The vinegar can come from anywhere, and is used for personal preservative uses! But, alas, there is one place I know of that provides personal matter destabilisers, and that is a crashed space craft in Outside! Will you fetch these things for me?" Professor Chrome's a very loud individual; his booming electronic voice is clearly heard across the street- possibly even in Miltank's Ice Cream Bar. It may partially deafen the two requesting his starters.
    "Sure! So lets see:
    -fluorescent tube light bulb, cooling fan, mallside
    -custom net, Westside, Riverside, Exotic Captures
    -Vinegar, anywhere
    -personal matter destabilisers, Outside, crashed space craft!

Got it, lets get going, Multimask. Lets bounce- to Mallside!"

She grabs Multimask before she can say anything then Karzika teleports to Mallside.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

"But they look more honest," Reinholdt points out. What the hell do honest clothes even look like? Ignore the cat. He doesn't know anything about fashion or appearances, still pretending leather is in season.

The fey will taste a little of the samples from the Underdark portion of the tray. While he can't sample the local cuisine directly maybe, this was next best thing and it would be unfortunate if he didn't savor the opportunity. Plus he suspects the chefs here would be a step or two above any others in the area. "I threw an axe of unspeakable rage into lava once. I couldn't tell if it melted or just sunk in. Do you ever get extremely powerful artifacts that just wash up out of the lava down there?" Seems like one or two well meaning hobbits might accidentally throw the heat immune doom toy into a volcano whose magma pools stretch deep underground into other creatures' territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

Cait thinks for a bit digging up a good knowledge nugget to share. "Well did you know that non-intelligent animals can own property in the Nexus? I don't know of any that have bought land, but I know of at least one piece of land that has passed through a family of dogs, some intelligent some not. At several points since it was bought it was legally owned by a unintelligent dog. It was handled by a trust of course."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Miltank Ice Cream Bar

"I hope so, I'm two stamps away from ten pounds off. Oh, you meant this one. Um, maybe? The horse on it is different. Didn't have wings before, and... Huh, Nexpress. Guess it changed like my pokédex. I mean, pokédex. Maybe I should see how much is in the bank, really. Maybe I'm a millionaire playboy here and just don't know it yet. That'd be fun. Does the pony place have an ATM?" That sounds the most interesting option right now. And maybe he'll find someone with a job going spare.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Miltanks'

Sam nods.
    "Yeah, sure." he says, and leads him in what is currently east. There will be many odd sights, from the people on the street, the architecture- is that a Dragonite carrying a Victini?

Maybe they'll even get to Carousel Court before Alfred gets distracted. Sam's player has only ever seen about 30 seconds of MLP though and only knows anything about ponies from Rebo and thus might not be able to sufficiently NPC ponies.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Miltank's --> Eastwards, to Mordor Carousel Court!

Keep 'em happy, cheerful, brightly coloured and possibly singing, and you can't go wrong.

Alfred is easily distracted, and often swerves to one side to look into the window of unusual shops or to have a closer look at unusual people and items. The Dragonite and the Victini are noted and stared at in their turn, as are the Vedalken juggling knives, the argument going on between a pair of Rodians and a Judoon; the Judoon's AT-ST has crashed into the Rodian's book stall. The Judoon insists the Rodians pushed the stall in front of its vehicle; the Rodians claim otherwise... Though it's hard to tell, as they are arguing in Klingon.

However, for now it seems that Alfred is not straying too far from Sam; he's very aware that he's new and doesn't wish to get lost in the city.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastward

"We can pull over if you want to check something out, you know." Sam offers as they pass a particularly kooky-looking oddity-shop, full of shiny nick-nacks and arcane looking things in the window below the sign HAYDENS.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

Eastward Haydens

... The Rodians should have had a police box.

"Can we look in here? It looks... Really weird. Like an antiques shop crossed with a boot sale." So some of it looks really good, and others is... Quite rubbish.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Haydens

Sam beams at Alfred. "Sure!" he says, opening the door for Alfred.

Inside is a antique, wooden store with a strange air to it all. A tired old man sits at a counter, and very few of the shelves are labelled. Dusty orbs sit on one shelf, beautiful jewelry on another. Some of the accessories are surprisingly cheap. Toys, costumes, clothes, dolls. Weapons and books.

What is Alfred interested in?

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Electra looks to Sszinyon in the darkness and nods.

"Yes. I have several low and no-light optical modes, so I'll be fine. Is the entire palace like this?"
    "For the most part, yes." Sszinyon answers, leading the way down a hallway. "We drow do not need light to see. In fact, it can dazzle us. The palace is almost exclusively staffed and occupied by drow. We will light the way, when we have foreign guests, but otherwise it remains dark. Except for a few rooms, actually. The library is constantly lit. The Terrarium Room usually has its curtains open, to give light to the plants." He suspects his brother chose it specifically to annoy the vampire, rather than just as a cofortable place to meet along side their foreign guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"But they look more honest," Reinholdt points out. What the hell do honest clothes even look like? Ignore the cat. He doesn't know anything about fashion or appearances, still pretending leather is in season.

The fey will taste a little of the samples from the Underdark portion of the tray. While he can't sample the local cuisine directly maybe, this was next best thing and it would be unfortunate if he didn't savor the opportunity. Plus he suspects the chefs here would be a step or two above any others in the area. "I threw an axe of unspeakable rage into lava once. I couldn't tell if it melted or just sunk in. Do you ever get extremely powerful artifacts that just wash up out of the lava down there?" Seems like one or two well meaning hobbits might accidentally throw the heat immune doom toy into a volcano whose magma pools stretch deep underground into other creatures' territory.
    Raril chuckles. "Not that I've ever heard of, but I suppose it could happen. Don't generally go too near the lava, it's hot and the gasses can be poisonous, not to mention creatures like salamanders enjoy the environment. Our compound in Menzoberranzan did enjoy a very nice hot spring, however."

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Cait thinks for a bit digging up a good knowledge nugget to share. "Well did you know that non-intelligent animals can own property in the Nexus? I don't know of any that have bought land, but I know of at least one piece of land that has passed through a family of dogs, some intelligent some not. At several points since it was bought it was legally owned by a unintelligent dog. It was handled by a trust of course."
    Sornnolu frowns. "How strange. That sort of thing would never happen at home. Someone else would claim the land, steal from the trust, or simply take over. Land is valuable. Caverns, even the one as large as the one in which Menzoberranzan sits, are only so big."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

biggrin Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

Poseidon's Bounty- Natsha Date

"So, the smartphones... Which I don't use because there's too many features for me to get used to... Are outdated relics. But the cybernetics seem interesting, unless they're big clunky robot bits. I'm... Not sure how they would interact with my shapeshifting, though." Answer: Probably poorly, unless they're nanonic. "I don't understand a thing about 'spirit energy'. I tap into ambient magical fields to open portals and create a resonance to warp things to me from elsewhere. That's how my summoning and conjuration works, not spirit energy. It's Luddite. My Earth had them too, technophobic vandals who broke steam engines and aetheric condensers to protest industrialisation and joblessness. I don't want to be one; I might not understand all the technology here, but I certainly enjoy some of it. Even if I don't understand it. But... The adventure sounds interesting. I've always liked the idea of going to do something exciting and dangerous. I think, it's going to be yes. Just, let's finish up here and stuff, and find me tomorrow. I need to get some things together." And possibly say her goodbyes, but she's not sure how to do that- it's been a long time since she had the opportunity to actually say goodbye to somebody that left her life for good. If ever.
    Poseidon's Bounty - Nataisha Date

Nisha patiently listens to Natalie as she speaks, her wistfulness fading slowly as she begins worrying, despite Natalie's tone, that it will end up being a no, after all. She slowly begins averting her eyes as she waits for the pale-skinned girl to finish talking, immediately looking back at her the moment she declares it to be a yes.

Nisha can't help but just stare at Natalie for a few seconds, her face slowly breaking into a rather surprised and very joyous smile. She still has her standard reserved smile, but it's filled with a whole lot of joy. It appears as though she's barely restraining herself from screaming out joyfully. "Talie, I... Thank you." She manages to choke out, tears starting to run down her face as she gets up, moves over to Natalie and gives her a big hug. She'll reluctantly let go after a while and return to her seat and food. Since she sat across from Natalie when they first started, she'll move her seat and food closer until they're sitting side-by-side, unless of course the place uses fixed chairs.

"Clunky robot bits were phased out long ago. Well, aside from the odd dataport or whatnot..."
    Nisha begins when she's back on her seat, wiping her face as she speaks. "We still use smartphones and smartpads, but with nanoaugmentations being the norm, it's usually transformed into an aug. The actual devices are options for those who don't want a datalink chip implanted in their head. Spirit energy works the same way as ambient magical fields, come to think of it. They're supernatural in nature, and hence spiritual. In this case, though, they're inborn. Overusage of it can lead to exhaustion, but it's like a muscle, the more you practice, the longer you can go using your abilities without being exhausted. Though..." Here Nisha pauses, scratching her head as she wonders how to share this next piece of news. "I should have mentioned beforehand that the place I specifically stay is populated by people of color. There are pale-skinned people there, and the others won't be racist or anything, but I don't want you to have too much cultureshock. Also, I used to be a smoker. They were scentless, and I stopped shortly before we started dating. It's common knowledge at home, so... yeah."

29. - Top - End - #329

NinjaGuy

Electra follows Szzinyon, listening intently. This is the first exposure she's had to drow in their natural habitat, so she's finding it quite interesting.

"I see. Are there any other rooms they keep lit? The library and Terrarium make sense, but I'm wondering what else might be deemed important enough to light if it bothers your people that much."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well this was back before this place grew into a big city. It was still a little town, and apparently the original dog who owned the land was the police chief at one point. His family has gone on to include a lot of bodyguards and investigators. I think it would have been difficult to take it from them. Plus land isn't nearly as limited up here. There are a few pieces of land with unlikely owners I know of.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?