New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

*My Bard may not learn Glibness.
    **That does not mean I can use it when I'm not playing a Bard.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    *My Bard may not learn Glibness.
    **That does not mean I can use it when I'm not playing a Bard.
    *** Cannot attempt a bluff check to convince the GM I don't have it.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

*No matter how fitting, may not write my rogues' character sheet in/on/with any of the following:
    • Invisible Ink
    • Code
    • Chlorophyll
    • Cipher
    • Multiple Languages
    • Blood
    • Playing cards
    • Another players character sheet
    • Mirrored text

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

From the game I'm currently playing:

* The town of Adventure does not have a distinct lack of quest givers.
    ** People are not confused by the 20ft monument to the 10 foot pole.

* At no point should the session slow down due to discussion of our character's sexualities and why I haven't played D&D for two years.

* There are problems that a few thousand castings of Prestidigitation can't solve.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-08-22 at 06:00 PM.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not bog the game down with innuendo and puns regarding holes.
    **May not inadvertently describe hat-feathers in phallic terms (regarding the flexibility of the quill), leading to yet more jokes.
    ***If asked to "crawl into the elf-hole" (a hole through the rubble in a collapsed hallway, beyond which was an elf NPC), may not comment that "normally they buy me dinner first, but under the present circumstances I'll make an exception."

*It is apparently possible for a bard dressed like a fine-textile merchant who lost a fight with a Cuisinart (and who is wearing a hat that looks like the aftermath of a peacock swallowing a hand-grenade) to be stealthy while actively clearing away rubble.
    **Must stop trying to invent progressively more ridiculous similes for my character's attire.
    ***The bard in the aforementioned ludicrous outfit may not out-stealth the party rogue.
    ****May not start a discussion over whether pantomimed messages intended to stealthily convey information should be Performance, Sleight-of-Hand, or Deception on the part of the bard, or Insight on the part of the intended recipients of the message.

*May not go off on a tangent about the time one of my characters spent half an hour vomiting live spiders (because Barovia) and was deeply traumatized by the experience.
    **May not not metagame because my current character never had a similar experience and would thus not be super-paranoid about going into the hallway full of giant spiders (just normally-paranoid).
    ***May not be more worried about not damaging my silly hat than getting the giant spider off my head and killing it.

*No matter how many times I attempt to check for monsters on the other side of a closed door by angling a mirror under the gap between it and the floor, I will apparently never roll higher than single digits and should probably stop trying.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-08-23 at 03:01 PM.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by xyamius View Post
    I am no longer allowed to bleed monsters into water skins, cast purify water on it and then tell the party i found it from a natural spring.
    I am late to state this, but doing this would probably create milk instead of water, since a female mammal filters blood to have all the nutrients, antibodies, and everything required with nothing extra like red blood cells.

*I may not creep out my players by making purify food and water on raw meat have milk run out for juices.

7. - Top - End - #607

* It does not matter what my character's Sleight of Hand is, I cannot stack a deck of many things.

** Not even if I just actually did it with the actual deck of cards we were using to represent the deck while everyone else thought they were watching me shuffle it.

*** I am not allowed to complain if, after I demonstrate my ability to do this, no one believes that my Deadlands character's ridiculous stats were an honest draw.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

*may not wonder aloud why the dwarf king has a slave translator when all nobles of his stature speak common.
    **may not nick bread from the dwarf king's feast and use it as a conciliatory gesture to the tiefling
    ***the eldritch void inside my character's head does not smell of chicken biryani
    ****Not even if my character really likes chicken biryani
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

*The term "killing catgirls" does not mean that I can use them as raw materials for necromancy.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    *May not go off on a tangent about the time one of my characters spent half an hour vomiting live spiders (because Barovia) and was deeply traumatized by the experience.
    **May not not metagame because my current character never had a similar experience and would thus not be super-paranoid about going into the hallway full of giant spiders (just normally-paranoid).
    ***May not be more worried about not damaging my silly hat than getting the giant spider off my head and killing it.
    **** May not be going this way because draining the water from the other room took too long.

* May not get to the door of a room, see a fountain and three barrels, and immediately decide the spiders are safer.

Show

11. - Top - End - #611
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    *The term "killing catgirls" does not mean that I can use them as raw materials for necromancy.
    Don't you mean... Nekomancy?

* I'm banned from shipping the team medic and sniper together as Surgical Precision.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #612

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

* I'm banned from shipping the team medic and sniper together as Surgical Precision.
    i grinned ^^

also, last campaign, guess who had the sniper rifle and the scalpel? me. the bloody medic. we actually have a perk named "surgical precision" which allows you to hit in melee using your intelligence bonus as a damage modifier (instead of strength). first time i used it, i snapped someone's spine just above the pelvis with my rifle's stock. to be fair, he had stolen our face's dogs. before you ask, no, i was still not allowed to hit someone's soul, ego, emotions, or confidence (as usual).
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

You win sir. You win.

Totally unrelated:

*Puns are forbidden, even with max ranks in Perform(Comedy).

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #614

*public brawls will end in an arrest and trial. "He's my brother" is not a valid defense.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

* May not get to the door of a room, see a fountain and three barrels, and immediately decide the spiders are safer.
    **The argument for why the spiders are safer may not be that we know we can just stab or shoot spiders until we've rendered that area safe.

*If the dungeon walls rhythmically move in a breathing-like fashion, may not immediately assume our tangent/running gag from last session about everything being mimics was right and proceed accordingly.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-08-24 at 01:31 PM.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

16. - Top - End - #616

Speaking of Nekomancy:

I once had a minor boss in a game I ran, who was a necromancer, and a were-housecat, and was thus named the Nekomancer. In truth, it was originally going to be a werewolf, but at the time the party was level 1 and wasn't going to be able to fight a magic-using werewolf any time soon, so I changed it on the fly and selected housecat for the were-form as a sort of a joke. Cat-form was pretty much only used to escape losing battles.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

* Any character best described as 'the lovechild of a Kerbal and a tinker gnome' is banned. Retroactively if required.

Show

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

* Any character best described as 'the lovechild of a Kerbal and a tinker gnome' is banned. Retroactively if required.
    I'm pretty sure the only difference between Kerbals and Minoi is in physical appearance. They're almost certainly related species, if not different races of the same species.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

19. - Top - End - #619

*If the dungeon walls rhythmically move in a breathing-like fashion, may not immediately assume our tangent/running gag from last session about everything being mimics was right and proceed accordingly.
    Sounds like something a mimic would say...
    Play your character, not your alignment.

20. - Top - End - #620

DrowGuy

*if i get pants thrown at me, i must not immediately assume it was due to something i did when in fact another player simply can't hold her drink.
    **no more muscat at the gaming table.

Spoiler: explanation
    Show
    muscat is a very sweet white wine that has so much sugar in it, people forget it's bordering on fortified wine territory in terms of strength. it can get you giggling silly in two glasses. the player was not accustomed to that, and decided to take off her pants because she was hot, and proceeded to throw her pants at me... never playing with her drunk again. we had to call the one-shot off because of it. people were in stitches and lost the will to keep gaming.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”

when in doubt,

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure the only difference between Kerbals and Minoi is in physical appearance. They're almost certainly related species, if not different races of the same species.
    Point taken.

Ever since the creation of the KSS Bad Idea I'm not sure that I trust them. Who knew that four legs of solid fuel boosters with a tiny payload was a bad way to reach space?

The This Time For Sure line of rockets seems to be getting into space, I just don't know how to get my satellite into orbit.

Show

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Point taken.

Ever since the creation of the KSS Bad Idea I'm not sure that I trust them. Who knew that four legs of solid fuel boosters with a tiny payload was a bad way to reach space?

The This Time For Sure line of rockets seems to be getting into space, I just don't know how to get my satellite into orbit.
    Perhaps if you were to breed some sort of really large hamster and use them to power a paddlewheel design with a spelljamming helm...
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-08-27 at 09:41 AM.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

23. - Top - End - #623

Point taken.

I don't know exactly what you're doing, but a fair number of people I know don't realize that, in order to stay in space, you have to accumulate "horizontal" velocity. While it's more efficient to gradually curve over to the east as you ascend, it's fairly easy with Kerbal's SAS system to bring extra fuel and set up a maneuver node at apogee to accelerate to orbital velocity.

My ships never have enough fuel to take off from and return from other planets, and then the tyranny of the rocket equation kicks in if I try to add more fuel [I'm not Kerbal enough to make rockets that make the N1 feel inadequate with "only" 30 engines]. Compounded by the fact that I don't really know how much fuel it takes to get back, because I don't do the math to find out when my launch windows actually are, and instead just pack enough fuel to change my position in the orbit to catch up to the planet.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2017-08-27 at 03:50 PM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordCdrMilitant View Post
    I don't know exactly what you're doing, but a fair number of people I know don't realize that, in order to stay in space, you have to accumulate "horizontal" velocity. While it's more efficient to gradually curve over to the east as you ascend, it's fairly easy with Kerbal's SAS system to bring extra fuel and set up a maneuver node at apogee to accelerate to orbital velocity.

My ships never have enough fuel to take off from and return from other planets, and then the tyranny of the rocket equation kicks in if I try to add more fuel [I'm not Kerbal enough to make rockets that make the N1 feel inadequate with "only" 30 engines]. Compounded by the fact that I don't really know how much fuel it takes to get back, because I don't do the math to find out when my launch windows actually are, and instead just pack enough fuel to change my position in the orbit to catch up to the planet.
    Just messing around with the demo at the moment, I'm not getting the full version until I have a machine that'll be able to run it decently (currently using a rather old laptop and trying to get Baldur's Gate to work on it), but my main problem is more learning the interface, I have a lot of trouble lining my rockets up to thrust into orbit once I've hit space.

Show

25. - Top - End - #625

Just messing around with the demo at the moment, I'm not getting the full version until I have a machine that'll be able to run it decently (currently using a rather old laptop and trying to get Baldur's Gate to work on it), but my main problem is more learning the interface, I have a lot of trouble lining my rockets up to thrust into orbit once I've hit space.
    Setting up a maneuver node at apogee generally helps. You can uses SAS to lock onto the maneuver node, and it will tell you when and how long to burn for.

Also:
    *I am no longer allowed to design my own Traveler ship, especially if it has more than 4 points of armor and 30 or more guns.
    *If the GM ever declares that there are pirates anywhere, that statement was made in error and is immediately recanted.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2017-08-27 at 08:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

*I may no longer as a wizard ask the paladin how his health is when he is surrounded by enemies
    **I may not shave meat off my meat shield
    Last edited by braveheart; 2017-08-27 at 10:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*The verbal and somatic components of Shatter or Thunderwave do not in any way involve any parts of the riff and/or lyrics to John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom."
    Show

Gnomish proverb

28. - Top - End - #628
    Colossus in the Playground

*The Entire Party can't be based on Tenacious D songs.
    **Not even in a JoJo campaign with a party full of Stand Users.
    ***Becuase it's rather jarring when people shout "Tribute!" "Beelzeboss!" and "The Metal!" only for the last guy to randomly shout "Karate!"
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #629

DrowGuy

*unexpectedly, the phrase "serve the hors d'oeuvres" does not mean using a tennis racket.
    **it does imply serving them at less than a considerable fraction of the speed of sound, too.
    ***blunderbusses can't substitute a silver platter, no matter how much funnier it is.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

30. - Top - End - #630
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

*I am not allowed to say "dank"
    **I am not allowed to make campaigns based on video games