New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Mind Affecting Immunity B-Gone

I while ago, I asked for help for combating mind-affecting immunity. Everyone said there was no cure to mind-affecting immunity. Well, today they are proven wrong.

There's Verdant Spell, as well as the Threnodic Spell, which is insanely good for countering mind immunity. If they are of those types, you can affect them, regardless of their Mind Blank (or natural state of being).

Just kill them, raise them as the intelligent undead, and now you can simply control them.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Mind Affecting Immunity B-Gone

Is there any equivilent for Psionics? I'm running a Telepath who wants to get around the whole Immunity thing that affects 90% of his power list.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    I while ago, I asked for help for combating mind-affecting immunity. Everyone said there was no cure to mind-affecting immunity. Well, today they are proven wrong.

There's Verdant Spell, as well as the Threnodic Spell, which is insanely good for countering mind immunity. If they are of those types, you can affect them, regardless of their Mind Blank (or natural state of being).

Just kill them, raise them as the intelligent undead, and now you can simply control them.
    You might be thinking about 3.5, because mind blank in pathfinder does not grant you immunity to mind affecting, simply a +8 resistance bonus (meaning it doesn't stack with cloaks of resistance) against mind-affecting spells. You do, however, retain your immunity to divinations, so that's still a thing, but yeah, no longer does mind blank cancel two schools of magic, just the one now.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Malroth View Post
    Is there any equivilent for Psionics? I'm running a Telepath who wants to get around the whole Immunity thing that affects 90% of his power list.
    not with out using 3rd party to much knowledge, i think DSP has a power you can use to make you're next power by pass immunity to mind affecting

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post

I'm not sure which "they" you're calling out exactly, but these are common knowledge in the PF RAW questions thread if you'd asked there. Also, you forgot Coaxing Spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Can't Mesmerists also pierce immunities to mind-affecting stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguss View Post
    "No" means "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    My other idea was to be a troglodyte were-cockroach and just smell bad in people's squares.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ATHATH View Post
    Can't Mesmerists also pierce immunities to mind-affecting stuff?
    Psychic Inception, one of the options they can select for their stare class feature, lets mesmerists affect normally immune targets with their stare, and also lets them use mind-affecting spells on normally immune targets under the effects of his stare, though the target gets a +2 bonus on any saves and even if successfully affected, has a 50% chance of acting unaffected each round that the spell lasts. It may also not work on anything under a protection from x spell/effect.

It's a great ability for enchantment-based casters, but it still doesn't quite fix the problem of how easily the school is nullfied.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Sango, I think you didn't understand the answer back then. Enchantment tends to be the Save or Die school, you can do it with the right meta magic (rods), the right primary and supporting feats, combination of race, class, archetype and PrC. Do all of that and it is really powerful. Thing is, now compare that level of investment to what you can achieve in other areas and it becomes "useless" in comparison.