New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    That is, in fact, one of the most utterly ridiculous 'weapons' to have been designed by someone with zero actual weapons knowledge since the infamous 'gunblade' of FF VIII.
    Which is a weapon that was used in real life.

Spoiler: The legendary cutlass pistol
    Show

Remember, no idea is too stupid for someone to try. Especially if it's for a way to kill people.

...This has me wanting a Fallout weapon based on the Duckfoot Pistol. I can picture the legendary weapon already.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

On critical: Quack, quack, BANG.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

3. - Top - End - #903
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    *The Secretive Cabal of Spies, who steal the Mad Scientists robots because they think the robots are people too. Which, depending on your qualifiers for people, they could be, but then, so could Codsworth. And then wipe their minds and scatter them across the commonwealth to do whatever.
    I would have to strongly disagree there. The Railroad *don't* see synths as people--if they did, they wouldn't think that wiping their entire personality and all their memories, and substituting an artificially-created one, is anything other than murder by another name.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Which is a weapon that was used in real life.

Spoiler: The legendary cutlass pistol
    Show

Remember, no idea is too stupid for someone to try. Especially if it's for a way to kill people.

...This has me wanting a Fallout weapon based on the Duckfoot Pistol. I can picture the legendary weapon already.
    Spoiler: Got you beat. More IRL examples, btw.
    Show

Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Huh.
    I hacked a sentry bot that was turned off in the wilderness and just picked "Command" like 5 hours ago. Then I jumped back and forth for ages building two settlements at once.... Didn't think more about it.
    Until I went to that fish packing plant to scavenge their 100000 pieces of aluminum trays... And I suddenly heard someone fighting the synths on another floor. First thought: "Cait". But then I realized the Sentry had finally caught up with me, and was now rolling through the factory towards me and killing everyone hostile to me in the process.

So, in effect, I now have two companions.... Huh.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

6. - Top - End - #906
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

So, I finally finished FO3 in my TTW run. Gathered all my stuff, and went to New Vegas (crawling, since I was carrying literally 3 tons of non-literal crap I am never going to use).

And starting off TTW as someone with ALMOST 100s in every skill and 10s in every attribute is... fun. Pretty much everything falls to my riot shotgun with one shot, even if I shoot from the hip. I don't have a ton of time to play, but it'll be a nice change until I get the Skyrim itch again... or get a new computer.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

I find it interesting that if you do the Defend the Castle quest you cannot continue the BoS questline to destroy the Institute, but if you go the BoS route you still get to do the Defend the Castle?
    How come?

8. - Top - End - #908
    Firbolg in the Playground

For anyone who's still interested, I'm almost finished with the Fallout 2 Let's Play.

I've recorded tomorrow's episode already--we have a full six-stack party now, each with advanced power armor (or metal armor, in Marcus' case) and the best weapons money can buy. In the most recent episode, Redding gets a wake-up call in what it means to be overleveled.

Naturally, that means that having assembled the finest fighting force she can have, Guile Hero Cheri is going to just sneak onto the Enclave Base and blow it the hell up. I figure two more episodes--one for all the stuff in San Francisco, one for the Enclave base itself.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

9. - Top - End - #909
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    So, I finally finished FO3 in my TTW run.
    I need to finish my first run of NV. Just not enough hours in the day to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    For anyone who's still interested, I'm almost finished with the Fallout 2 Let's Play.
    Speaking of things I need more time for...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #910
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    I find it interesting that if you do the Defend the Castle quest you cannot continue the BoS questline to destroy the Institute, but if you go the BoS route you still get to do the Defend the Castle?
    How come?
    The Minutemen are basically the "fallback" faction in FO4--they're the ones you complete the game with if you've managed to annoy the BoS, the Railroad, *and* the Institute. Therefore, it is entirely impossible to fail the Minutemen main questline for any reason, and since Defend the Castle is part of that questline, you have to be able to do it no matter what. Yes, it might make more sense if that quest simply didn't happen and you just skipped on to the next part, but either that's not possible in the FO4 engine or Bethesda didn't care enough to handle things properly.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The Minutemen are basically the "fallback" faction in FO4--they're the ones you complete the game with if you've managed to annoy the BoS, the Railroad, *and* the Institute. Therefore, it is entirely impossible to fail the Minutemen main questline for any reason, and since Defend the Castle is part of that questline, you have to be able to do it no matter what. Yes, it might make more sense if that quest simply didn't happen and you just skipped on to the next part, but either that's not possible in the FO4 engine or Bethesda didn't care enough to handle things properly.
    Well, it was very fun both times I did it, and it did prove that the Castle is very easy to defend.
    Spoiler: I also got some GREAT screenshots of it the second time
    Show

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Well, it was very fun both times I did it, and it did prove that the Castle is very easy to defend.
    Spoiler: I also got some GREAT screenshots of it the second time
    Show

I'm surprised you left that gaping hole in the wall. Shack foundations (or the "concrete" ones) fill those gaps up nicely, leaving only the one little door to worry about (and you can place a concrete wall over that when it comes time to fend off the Synth attack). With all the concrete in the basement, you should have those holes plugged as soon as you clear out mamma mirelurk.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The answer is probably the former, because of the latter. It's kinda the same problem with Skyrim and how the Civil War quests are hooked into everything in a weird way. They build so many things off it that rely on it in little ways that significantly changing it is impossible without reworking everything it touches.

Ideally they would just...not do that, but c'est la vie.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I need to finish my first run of NV. Just not enough hours in the day to do this.
    Due to a combination of computer problems and family responsibilities, I get to play for about 2 hours every two weeks.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

15. - Top - End - #915

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Due to a combination of computer problems and family responsibilities, I get to play for about 2 hours every two weeks.
    Ouch, sounds like we're in similar boats.

Once I do finish NV, I'll have to decide if I wanna play FO4 or the updated SE Skyrim. I don't have the DLC for FO4 yet, but I'm sure there's plenty to do without it and then getting the DLC later means another play through. Skyrim I did a lot, but didn't start Dragonborn DLC yet. And it would be nice to play a more stable version of the game...

Oh, and eventually I want to try TTW with FO3.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

Do you play Skyrim with Immersive Armors? If so, go into the MCM config and turn off the distribution of Dwarven Mage Armor. The game loves to stick the gauntlets on female characters and there's a glitch that's a guaranteed crash if they're not put on in the correct order. It was fixed for the SE version, but not the LE one.

17. - Top - End - #917

Just recorded the finale of Fallout 2. I may do a little epilogue where Cheri finishes off a few things she missed, wipes out Navarro, picks up the Fallout 2 hintbook from Father Tully, etcetera, but for now Fallout 2 is done. Feels kind of melancholy, but I'm also super excited to get to Fallout 3.

I'm skipping Tactics mostly because I'm also recording Morrowind, and I've grown tired of having to do the talking for myself and everyone else in the world. Plus, I hear that Tactics has a much larger focus on tactical team strategy instead of roleplaying. Triaxx, you've played Tactics, right? Any input there?

Spoiler: Current Fallout 3 Load Order
    Show
    Fallout3.esm
    Anchorage.esm
    BrokenSteel.esm
    PointLookout.esm
    ThePitt.esm
    Zeta.esm
    CRAFT.esm
    CALIBR.esm
    iHUD.esm
    aHUD.esm
    RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm
    Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
    EVE.esm
    StreetLights.esm
    DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
    DarNifiedUIF3.esp
    pipboy2500_fo3_edisleado.esp
    RH_IronSights_Basic_AnchoragePlugin.esp
    RH_IronSights_Basic_VanillaPlugin.esp
    RH_IronSights_Basic_ZetaPlugin.esp
    RH_IronSights_Pitt_NewRifleSights.esp
    RH_IronSights_PL_NewItems.esp
    RH_IronSights_Basic_BrokenSteelPlugin.esp
    RH_IronSights_Basic_PointLookoutPlugin.esp
    RH_IronSights_Basic_PittPlugin.esp
    RH_IronSights_RemoveReticule.esp
    CASM.esp
    Fellout-Full.esp
    Fellout-Zeta.esp
    Fellout-PointLookout.esp
    Fellout-pipboylight.esp
    Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp
    Fellout-Anchorage.esp
    F3ProjectRealityMkI.esp
    sdMoreScrapMetalCrafting.esp
    UndergroundHideout.esp
    FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
    UPP - Pack 1.esp
    UPP - Pack 2.esp
    UPP - Quest Perks.esp
    UPP - Experience Perks.esp
    UPP - Beverage Perks.esp
    Blackened RH + FWE + EVE.esp

For the LP, I'll be using Fallout: Wanderer's Edition. Truth be told, I'd really rather not. I love some aspects of FWE, to be true; the sprint key, grenade key, slow time, and the huge selection of weapons are all good things. I also mostly like the rebalance, and how it makes the world much more deadly. However, there are other areas that FWE modifies, and the ones that I dislike the most are all the ones that can't be configured away. They change the prices of weapons to be lower, and prices of ammo to be higher. Perks have higher requirements, and SPECIAL has much higher impact.

So the question is, if I don't like it, why am I using it? In a few words, compatibility patches. If I want to use EVE and RH Ironsights together, the only compatibility patches for it are the ones that also include FWE. Compatibility is also the reason I'm not using things like Mart's Mutant Mod or Project Beauty; I value proper ironsights much more than good-looking faces or a few additional monsters to fight.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #918

So to use the iron sights, I'd need FWE?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

Only if you want to use it with EVE.

Take care with Remove Reticule, since some of the guns do not shoot where you'd think they do. The Deagle particularly has sights that are way low from where the bullet actually shoots.

If you want deadly world, I'd also throw on Amplified Crippling Effects. Just because I'm a horrible monster person.

There's much less talking involved in Tactics, in part because the bits you need to talk to other people for are mostly voice acted, amusingly more than Fallout 2 is. The rest of it is lots of running up and shooting people. Or slowly walking and shooting people. Maybe play it after Fallout 3 when you're not attempting to chatter through Morrowind as well. Though I can't imagine there's much of Morrowind left at this point. On the other hand, it's much more difficult than Fallout 1/2, so you don't want to lose the edge you've gained from playing those in turn-based mode.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    So to use the iron sights, I'd need FWE?
    Tale of Two Wastelands should let you skip FWE, since it's basically running New Vegas with the FO3 content spliced in, and NV has iron sights.

21. - Top - End - #921

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Tale of Two Wastelands should let you skip FWE, since it's basically running New Vegas with the FO3 content spliced in, and NV has iron sights.
    True, but I'd like to show Fallout 3 in contrast with New Vegas, almost. I want to say, "this is fallout 3," so I can then say "and this is how New Vegas took Fallout 3 and made it better." TTW makes for a much better experience all around, but it's not a very good comparison point. I can't say "And then they made speech, ironsights, integrated hardcore mode, better crafting, swappable ammo types, and DR/DT all better" if I don't show off Fallout 3 first.

Normally, I'd say that I should then play both games unmodded, but I'm flat out not willing to do so for what will probably be such a long-running series.

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Take care with Remove Reticule, since some of the guns do not shoot where you'd think they do. The Deagle particularly has sights that are way low from where the bullet actually shoots.

If you want deadly world, I'd also throw on Amplified Crippling Effects. Just because I'm a horrible monster person.
    Doesn't FWE have more painful crippling effects by default? I could be misremembering, but I definitely have an inkling of getting a crippled leg and my speed halving.

There's much less talking involved in Tactics, in part because the bits you need to talk to other people for are mostly voice acted, amusingly more than Fallout 2 is. The rest of it is lots of running up and shooting people. Or slowly walking and shooting people. Maybe play it after Fallout 3 when you're not attempting to chatter through Morrowind as well. Though I can't imagine there's much of Morrowind left at this point. On the other hand, it's much more difficult than Fallout 1/2, so you don't want to lose the edge you've gained from playing those in turn-based mode.
    I'm actually not as far along in Morrowind as you might think. I just recorded episode 31 yesterday. We got Corprus last episode, and now we've cured it. (Also there's a side of venting murder on Caius Cosades, to whom Chord has transferred his rage at being kidnapped, beaten, infested with a life-threatening disease, and now abandoned.) Once I go get what'sisface from Vivec and get the prophecies, I'm thinking about taking a vacation to either Solstheim or Mournhold, get this whole saving-the-world business off my back.

Thanks for the advice on Tactics. I might not wind up playing it. Or, if I do, it'll be after Fallout 4.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, forgot about that. I always liked ACE's versions better.

I just hope it doesn't run so long you get frustrated and bored. Nothing wrong with breaking it into chapters.

Don't let me scare you off Tactics. If you don't want to play, I understand. But it's a fantastic game. It's not terrifically long, but there's very little that doesn't have something exciting or challenging for you. Have a sneaky trap character drop a mine in the path of a patrol and watch them go pop. Draw enemies into a firing line around a corner. Co-ordinator a three prong stealth attack to deal with enemies before they wake up, or kill hostages.

Friendly Deathclaws, Super Mutants with giant machine guns!

23. - Top - End - #923

Welp. EDE got fired last night. I managed to get all my chores done early so I played a few minutes. Half the time was spent trying to figure out where I was i the game. Okay so ended up with the Boomers and helping them out because... I think I'm doing the NCR ending. I was at their generator station taking out the giant ants with a .44 and had left EDE at the door so he wouldn't cause any of the bugs to explode. Yeah, he didn't listen. And then an ant exploded by the munitions.

*facepalm*

I survived, but EDE got embedded in the worldspace. It was easier to boot him from the party than deal with it. I'll pick him up in the Lucky 38 later.

Do you play Skyrim with Immersive Armors?
    Never have, no. Probably something to consider trying out. Assuming I don't forget and end up with yet another khajiit sneak archer. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Ah I see. Very well then.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    I'm surprised you left that gaping hole in the wall. Shack foundations (or the "concrete" ones) fill those gaps up nicely, leaving only the one little door to worry about (and you can place a concrete wall over that when it comes time to fend off the Synth attack). With all the concrete in the basement, you should have those holes plugged as soon as you clear out mamma mirelurk.
    Oh they're plugged. I used the concrete walls instead of the concrete foundation though. Might not be visible from this angle.
    I also plugged the tunnel through the back (former main entrance) and just left the big hole in the front covered with rocket turrets.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Even if you do mess up and play in the worst way possible, Immersive Armors has some cool options for you to wear.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

This is like a year too late, but anyone wanting to post their robot designs?
    I have built my Codsworth and Ada to look... recognizable. No completely out there (like transforming Codsworth into a Sentry or anything).
    I will post pictures of Ada and Codsworth by early tomorrow at the latest.

In other news I think I'm ready to go clean out Nuka World.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-08-23 at 01:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

I find simply sticking Sentry Legs on Codsworth to be totally amusing. Though giving him dual gatling lasers means he's no longer helpless.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

I find simply sticking Sentry Legs on Codsworth to be totally amusing. Though giving him dual gatling lasers means he's no longer helpless.
    My big change for him is a right sentry arm with an explosive mini gun. So he has two eyes instead of three. I also upgraded his arm armor and his top armor. Kept most of the armor standard (well factory storage armor) for the sake of the look.

ADA got changed more; I prefer ranged robots so I switched her head for a Sentry head and then her right arm for an over charged gatlin laser.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

Tactics is a fantastic game and I wouldn't personally skip it, mostly because it fleshes out the untapped potential in the combat mechanics of Fallout 1 and 2. And it's also the one game where Charisma gives the best bonuses and a high Charisma character makes sense mechanics-wise, whereas in the very "talky" FO1 and FO2 it was always an utter dump stat.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2017-08-23 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Anybody used the Horizon mod for Fallout 4? I was looking to see if I could mod Fallout 4 into a good game, and it SEEMS solid.

Worth starting a new file for or best to stick with a bunch of incremental mods that might add up to something similar?