New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Turtle View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just generally excited to see Ichiji fight. I'm kinda unclear about what his special powers are. Reiji has poison. Niji has electricity. Yonji has his winch fists. And Ichiji has fire? Er, wait no, light? The manga made it look light like light but so far the anime has made it look more like fire, like during the transformation sequence.

Also I have a suspicion that Sanji's power was suppose to be fire and his Diablo Jambe is actually his genetic modifications starting to kick in. That would explain why he doesn't need to build up friction to ignite his body anymore. But that's just a crazy fan theory at this point.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like red lasers is correct for Ichiji. Now I am wondering if Sanji activating his Germa powers is his ultimate form. I would be down for that, I like Sentai outfits and evil personas.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: Bonnie
    Show
    Remember that Bonnie's power is controlling her age, not shape shifting to look like different humans. I think that if she could disguise herself as a queen mother (as in the mother to the queen or king) by making herself supper old its because she herself would look like said queen when she actually becomes that age. This makes me think there is a real queen mother Conney and Bonnie is related to her. (The similar names don't hurt this either.) Which might in turn also make her related to Kuma given that he was once a king of the same kingdom. This would explain why a pirate (not revolutionary) that hasn't shown much of a moral compass before now would find Kuma's treatment unforgivable.

That's just my theory though. And at least part of it may depend on the accuracy of the translations I read.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Bonnie's power is to age...so far people but maybe more. She aged the Marines at the Archipelago. So her powers extend beyond herself but how they work we don't know.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Bugbear in the Playground

Remember that Bonnie's power is controlling her age, not shape shifting to look like different humans. I think that if she could disguise herself as a queen mother (as in the mother to the queen or king) by making herself supper old its because she herself would look like said queen when she actually becomes that age. This makes me think there is a real queen mother Conney and Bonnie is related to her. (The similar names don't hurt this either.) Which might in turn also make her related to Kuma given that he was once a king of the same kingdom. This would explain why a pirate (not revolutionary) that hasn't shown much of a moral compass before now would find Kuma's treatment unforgivable.

That's just my theory though. And at least part of it may depend on the accuracy of the translations I read.
    Or she really is his mother, and the fruit is making her younger

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Colossus in the Playground

When I first saw her I guessed she ate the fruit at a young age. She always struck me as very immature, so I could see her being say, 10, eating the fruit, and thinking that if she makes herself look older, she can go on adventures.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

You dont develop the fighting or leadership skills to reach the status of supernova at such a young age.

And Bonnie is worthy of that status. She correctly read the situation when Zorro were about to create a incident by slicing a celestrial dragon.
    She knocked him out of course, stobbing both Zorro from slicing the moron, and the moron from shooting anyone.
    And then with only seconds warning she came up with a sob story to make the moron dragon think he won and wander off.

Thats not the act of someone immature.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #1027

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    You dont develop the fighting or leadership skills to reach the status of supernova at such a young age.

And Bonnie is worthy of that status. She correctly read the situation when Zorro were about to create a incident by slicing a celestrial dragon.
    She knocked him out of course, stobbing both Zorro from slicing the moron, and the moron from shooting anyone.
    And then with only seconds warning she came up with a sob story to make the moron dragon think he won and wander off.

Thats not the act of someone immature.
    At the time we had no way of judging how long she had been adventuring for. Her devil fruit ability is a pretty scary one in a fight, As well we never actually saw her really fight, I think we see her unleash her power o some marines and age them, but its not like she was double fisting pistols while kick flipping all over the place, and just because the straw hat crew are morons with no idea of how celestial dragons work doesnt mean even a youngish child wouldnt know full well how that was going to end. And her story was to act like a little girl. Which, if she IS really a little girl, wouldnt be much of a plan.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Not that I totally buy into the story of her being a child, I think in anime "a kid couldn't think of that" is a poor argument.
    That said, I'd also consider the opposite : her actually being old / the queen pretending to be a young supernova (for some reason). Not that there is strong evidence for either. And her being queen and supernova would be a little hard to pull off.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not that I totally buy into the story of her being a child, I think in anime "a kid couldn't think of that" is a poor argument.
    That said, I'd also consider the opposite : her actually being old / the queen pretending to be a young supernova (for some reason). Not that there is strong evidence for either. And her being queen and supernova would be a little hard to pull off.
    Actually I am thinking this might be it. With Kuma having faced such harsh punishment for being a king and revolutionary Queen Mother Connie may have thought that she would need to create an alternate identity to protect her family while also acting as a pirate.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

One thing I'm wondering. Can Bonney's DF also adjust one's life expectancy? That is, if she actually is a decrepit old woman, would changing into a younger woman also delay her death? If that's the case, it would be interesting how that would interact with Big Mam's DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

11. - Top - End - #1031

New chapter. Love the disguises, especially "the salesman".

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

At the time we had no way of judging how long she had been adventuring for. Her devil fruit ability is a pretty scary one in a fight, As well we never actually saw her really fight, I think we see her unleash her power o some marines and age them, but its not like she was double fisting pistols while kick flipping all over the place, and just because the straw hat crew are morons with no idea of how celestial dragons work doesnt mean even a youngish child wouldnt know full well how that was going to end. And her story was to act like a little girl. Which, if she IS really a little girl, wouldnt be much of a plan.
    Actually.. because the straw hat crew despite their fame are utter morons, means that it takes someone intensely sharp to register that this particular moron would attack a Celestrial dragon.
    And it does take wit to come up with the plan in the split second she had. That is -not- something a child can manage. Most adults would have trouble keeping their head calm after almost having been shoot.
    Furthermore, that still leaves the skill needed to interupt Zorro in murdering someone. Thats not something a child should be able to handle either. His killing intent was strong enough to impress every other supernova present. A child should have left crying for her mother, not rushed in to knock the swordmonster down.
    It also does take leadership skills to actually run a successful crew of pirates.

New chapter. Love the disguises, especially "the salesman".
    It was a brilliant chapter. I am really, really looking forward to hear a little bit about this part of the crew now.
    Far to long since we last saw Zorro in action, glad he is still causing chaos

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Well it seems like they actually managed to capture him and get him to play along until the last moment before his execution, and on wrong accusations to boot, so that must be a new record for Zorro not causing chaos.

Also seems like this'll be the the time for the not-samurai to shine in not-ancient-Japan where certainly sword skills are as respected as cooking skills in Big Momma's land.

14. - Top - End - #1034

Actually.. because the straw hat crew despite their fame are utter morons, means that it takes someone intensely sharp to register that this particular moron would attack a Celestrial dragon.
    And it does take wit to come up with the plan in the split second she had. That is -not- something a child can manage. Most adults would have trouble keeping their head calm after almost having been shoot.
    Furthermore, that still leaves the skill needed to interupt Zorro in murdering someone. Thats not something a child should be able to handle either. His killing intent was strong enough to impress every other supernova present. A child should have left crying for her mother, not rushed in to knock the swordmonster down.
    It also does take leadership skills to actually run a successful crew of pirates.

It was a brilliant chapter. I am really, really looking forward to hear a little bit about this part of the crew now.
    Far to long since we last saw Zorro in action, glad he is still causing chaos
    Meh, she has still had probably a year or so worth of experience on the high seas as a pirate captain, there is a steep learning curve there. She survived, so clearly she has learned how to come up with plans on the fly. And "Tackle the idiot before he gets us all killed and act my age" isnt the most complex plan around. Just because the other supernovas were unwilling to do anything doesnt mean they were unable. And again, killing intent or no, this isnt her first day as a pirate, she has faced killing intent before. As for a successful crew of pirates, we dont know all that much about what she has DONE as a pirate by that point. For all we know she has her crew bullied into obeying her under threat of being turned into a chibi or an octogenarian, and they have spent all this time picking fights on weak townies and such raiding small ports. Enough to earn a bounty, enough to get into a few fights, but nothing on par with the insanity luffy had gone through. Hell, from what i recall most of kids bounty is due to him being a vicious mass murdering lunatic, not being some sort of super influential pirate who has altered the balance of power throughout the seas.

Bottom line, none of that confirms my theory, but nothing disproves it either, so im going with that as head cannon till otherwise explained in universe.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Bottom line, none of that confirms my theory, but nothing disproves it either, so im going with that as head cannon till otherwise explained in universe.
    Well.. there isnt anything that disprove she is the time-traveling daughter of Zorro and Nico Robin. But for some reason you dont see anyone promoting that as a theory either..

And we have a lot of things that points against the theory. Like skills a little kid should not posses, or be mature enough to posses.
    While not having anything that actually supports the theory.

I mean, its not even because she acts like a little girl. She acted more mature than anyone else at the plaza in your version where the other supernova could have done something, but chose not to do so.
    And knocking Zorro down before he murders someone -is- an extremely impressive feat. Even before the time skip Zorro were one of the strongest people in the world. The sort you needed and army to stop.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Well.. there isnt anything that disprove she is the time-traveling daughter of Zorro and Nico Robin. But for some reason you dont see anyone promoting that as a theory either..

And we have a lot of things that points against the theory. Like skills a little kid should not posses, or be mature enough to posses.
    While not having anything that actually supports the theory.

I mean, its not even because she acts like a little girl. She acted more mature than anyone else at the plaza in your version where the other supernova could have done something, but chose not to do so.
    And knocking Zorro down before he murders someone -is- an extremely impressive feat. Even before the time skip Zorro were one of the strongest people in the world. The sort you needed and army to stop.
    Are... are you joking? Zorro wasnt within light years of being one of the strongest. He was strong enough and determined enough to gain mihawks attention maybe, but seriously? He was a big fish in a small pond at best at sabaody. And then he proceeded to get curb stomped by an admiral (you know, one of the ACTUAL strongest around) who wasnt even putting the slightest effort into the fight. Maybe among the supernovas he ranks high up, i will grant you that, but they were all strong ROOKIES, all of whom got their happy butts handed to them by the new world in various manners. It wasnt a lack of maturity that caused them to stand aside, it wasnt even fear. A bit of it was shock that someone would be that crazy, a bit more was the fact that all of them seemed to be getting into fights and they wanted to see how this would go. Notice none of them did anything to stop luffy either? Her personality at sabaody was more brat than badass captain. Even when she was explaining things to zoro thats how she came across. She talks like a brat, acts like a greedy brat, and can control her age at will.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Are... are you joking? Zorro wasnt within light years of being one of the strongest. He was strong enough and determined enough to gain mihawks attention maybe, but seriously? He was a big fish in a small pond at best at sabaody. And then he proceeded to get curb stomped by an admiral (you know, one of the ACTUAL strongest around) who wasnt even putting the slightest effort into the fight. Maybe among the supernovas he ranks high up, i will grant you that, but they were all strong ROOKIES, all of whom got their happy butts handed to them by the new world in various manners.
    For a random marine grunt, what would the difference have been fighting Zorro and a Marine Admiral?
    Absolutely zero. The waste majority of people are level 1 grunts or civilians. The story just focuses on the top 0.1% of the world.

It wasnt a lack of maturity that caused them to stand aside, it wasnt even fear. A bit of it was shock that someone would be that crazy, a bit more was the fact that all of them seemed to be getting into fights and they wanted to see how this would go. Notice none of them did anything to stop luffy either?
    Notice how well not doing anything to stop Luffy went for them? It just paints Bonnie even further as the only mature person in the entire crowd then. The only one who could think far enough ahead to go "hey, this would **** all of us up, and did something to stop it" And the combat prowess to actually stop Zorro has STILLL not been adressed.

Her personality at sabaody was more brat than badass captain. Even when she was explaining things to zoro thats how she came across. She talks like a brat, acts like a greedy brat, and can control her age at will.
    Her personality were not more brat than so many other quirky people we have seen. Certainly more mature than a lot of the SH crew members. Like Luffy who are a bit like that kid in kindergarden who eats earthworms.
    And she does not come off as a kid when she explains things to Zorro. She is more like Nami there. Annoyed at how stupid a fellow pirate can be.

18. - Top - End - #1038

Meh, keep in mind the straw hat crew were all teenagers aside from robin franky and brook pre timeskip. Nami was 17-18 at the time. So hardly a mature matron herself. Also, im not trying to say bonnie was like, a 6 year old. I would be willing to go as high as 12-14 as I know a rather large number of teenage girls who can act like 6 year olds at times. But her character just strikes me as younger than it appears. Old enough to be able to figure out a way to go to sea, with a devil fruit powerful enough to protect her. Give her a year or two at sea to learn from the school of hard knocks and there you go. Even her wiki page lists her age as an estimate, meaning its being kept unknown intentionally and probably being formed by what her usual appearance would suggest. Also, that 12-14 age range fits in well with a lot of protagonist ages in various anime. So its not impossible from a genre angle. Naruto was 12 at the start of his adventure. He was like, 17 when he became the worlds most powerful ninja. Ichigo was 15 at the start of his adventure.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Good chapter! Excited for Japan adventures! Not much to say otherwise personally.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Seriously, with the homages to art and local legends, Oda couldn't possibly make Wano any more Japanese if he tried.

Cutting the pages out is a clever way for Oda to make sure that the SH crew missed the news about Big Mom going to Wano. Also, Oda lampshading through this chapter that plenty of the SH allies are conveniently present in the Reverie.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

21. - Top - End - #1041

Spoiler
    Show
    This chapter was beautiful from an art perspective, and a fantastic way to introduce us to Wano proper. Surprised we're back with the main crew so fast though.

AN ANIMAL WITH A KATANA! THIS MUST BE WANO!

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm excited for Wano and seeing the other half of the gang again but...
    Wow is this week's update a tower of tropes and clichees. I don't think Oda could have fit in more if he tried.
    Still looking forward to the arc, though.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #1043

The plot thickens!

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems like we're getting at least one other Supernova per Arc showing up. I'm intrigued if Hawkins has sided with Kaidou for real or if he's just waiting for a chance to backstab him. And we may well run into Kidd, Drake and Apoo, too - in addition to the Luffy-Law-alliance. Looks like the Worst Generation is set to really shake things up now.

Also: Weird animals, very weird power by that girl-who-wants-to-be-a-ninja, and a Samurai who seems even more strange than the ones we've met before. Also: People who know Ace! And haven't heard of his demise, because isolationism.

So yeah. Exciting and breakneck-fast storytelling as always.
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Helms View Post
    The plot thickens!

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems like we're getting at least one other Supernova per Arc showing up. I'm intrigued if Hawkins has sided with Kaidou for real or if he's just waiting for a chance to backstab him. And we may well run into Kidd, Drake and Apoo, too - in addition to the Luffy-Law-alliance. Looks like the Worst Generation is set to really shake things up now.

Also: Weird animals, very weird power by that girl-who-wants-to-be-a-ninja, and a Samurai who seems even more strange than the ones we've met before. Also: People who know Ace! And haven't heard of his demise, because isolationism.

So yeah. Exciting and breakneck-fast storytelling as always.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm counting 8 supernovas that has to do with Kaido at the moment: Luffy, Zorro, Law, Hawkins, Kidd, Killer, X Drake, and Apoo. Not surprising, what with Oda saying the Wano arc having a big war that will make Marineford battle look cute in comparison. Wasn't Hawkins the one with future-reading powers way back then? If so, all his moves are pretty much calculated, including defecting to Kaido and possibly teaming up with Luffy now. Hawkins-Luffy alliance is definitely something I didn't know I wanted until now.

With the mooks so casually discussing selling O-Tama to the Red Light District and the effects of pollution from Kaido's factory, looks like Oda now crosses "sexual trafficking of children" and "environmentally/ecologically insensitive megapower" off his list of "things to show how crapsack New World is". I wonder how many he has left on that list?

O-Tama is definitely an homage to Momotaro, what with her millet dumpling DF used to tame the monkey/baboon, and possibly the dog/lion if we base it on the Momotaro folklore. The Ace connection is brilliant. Did he teach her how to weave, did they have the same teachers, or did toddler O-Tama somehow teach ace?

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not only is there a reference to Momotaro (kibidango making animals your friend), but with Tama living in poverty selling hats, I can't help but think of Kasajizo too. I figure it's almost certainly intentional. Oda's laying it on thick here.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Spoiler
    Show
    What if she (or her master) made the straw hat?

But yeah this chapter was really fun. We also got a super cute colour page of Luffy running past everyone because a cat stole his taco and that's really funny.

27. - Top - End - #1047

And the adventure continues.

I love the lizard steeds.

And in contrast to Mama's "murderous Wonderland", Kaido's therritory theme is "industrial Mordor."

28. - Top - End - #1048

I'm really liking Wano so far. I hope the cute little girl gets a happy ending in this story.

Also ****ing god bless Zoro I missed him so much. VERILY!

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

I'm also glad to see Zoro again. But I'm curious how this will fight will go, considering it doesn't seem like either side will run away. Or will it just be a "the strawhats are OP" demonstration?
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Well..Zoro is a fan favorite who have been away for more than a year real time as i recall?
    It is likely at least partly for the fans we are given a chance to see him fight side by side with Luffy again.