New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

I don't think Crocodile's Secret is important to the plot enough to be compared with the "Obito is Tobi" reveal.
    This secret could be literally ANYTHING and it would still matter extremely little to the Strawhats and would change probably nothing about past events. Crocodile could have been a freaking mermaid from what we know and it would still be kinda irrelevant. I'm not even sure Oda knows yet what he wants to do with that. We'll probably see Croco and Ivankov again, this plot hook could be useful in another arc.
    In comparison the Obito Reveal wasn't one of the possible outcomes, but the only one that made sense. There was literally no other Uchiha that could have made Tobi actually worth revealing. Using one of the long lost famous Uchihas that never actually had a role other than background tapestry would have made no sense at all.
    "Woooow! Behind your mask you are another Uchiha guy I don't know!"
    "I'm Madara's brother"
    "Why should I care?"
    That's the exact reason Kaguya didn't work at all.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    No more or less than Mihawk up there. Which is why I pointed out that in context, it's not nearly as killer an argument as you'd like it to be. Or even further removed from all the other kid drawings he's done.
    Mihawk is shirtless in that picture. And I quite disagree with that.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's the faces. If you didn't know what gender X-Drake was what would you say the kid is? What about Bonny, or Tashigi? Or Hogback for that matter. If I didn't know what gender they're supposed to be through the fiction, I'd put them all as a toss up. I'd just outright tell you Hogback's a lady and Tashigi's a dude. It's cool to have pet theories but don't even for a second tell me you're being objective here.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I mean Croc is standing next to Boa in that picture and still looks like a girl.
    Even taking the scar into account this looks different from the grown-up version.*
    Mihawk... looks like a younger, less refined version of himself.

*Okay, that might be because of crushed dreams-induced cynicism, but still...
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    It's the faces. If you didn't know what gender X-Drake was what would you say the kid is? What about Bonny, or Tashigi? Or Hogback for that matter. If I didn't know what gender they're supposed to be through the fiction, I'd put them all as a toss up. I'd just outright tell you Hogback's a lady and Tashigi's a dude. It's cool to have pet theories but don't even for a second tell me you're being objective here.
    Yes. Get me bigger pictures and I can tell you in more detail why. Bonny has pink hair and that's the only real detail I can make out on this image for ants.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Yeees, Luffy was using haki during their fight. Thats my point. Its hard to tell what attacks were haki infused threads sent to kill him or just regular attacks, because luffy was protecting himself with haki which was countering mingos haki infused attacks.
    Haki effects strong enough to block a sword slash or simular has a visible black effect. Luffy were at no point covered in a complete set of black haki armor. Or for that matter covered his throat.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Haki effects strong enough to block a sword slash or simular has a visible black effect. Luffy were at no point covered in a complete set of black haki armor. Or for that matter covered his throat.
    Gear 4 he is pretty much solid armament haki while expanded into his bounce form. Mingo notices this while they are midair fighting and he lands a haki covered boot to his side.... and it bounces off with no effect. It was when luffy was using that endlessly extendable punch attack Culverin. As far as his throat goes, I think you are taking my original post too literally. My original point was that mingo can use haki infused strings as we see in his big battle with luffy/the very existence of the birdcage. So it was strange that he didnt truly kill crocodile when he cut his head off when it was easily within his power to do so, and he was well aware that it would be required to hurt him.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Doflamingo was obviously playing with Croco at that point. Hell, he was having the time of his life playing with everyone in Marineford. They are quite similar on several aspects. I'd say Doflamingo was more focused on bringing Crocodile on his side rather than killing him. Still, there's nothing stopping a Rogia user from pre-emptively dividing himself to avoid hits strenghtened with Haki, avoiding the whole "My Haki is stronger than your-> You can't hit me" shtick.
    ^
    My take on the Crocodile vs Mingo in Marineford subject.

The decapitation move is probably kinda difficult to pull off when you are fighting an hako-able opponent face to face.
    Mingo certainly tried, but Rufy repelled that with his armament.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Gear 4 he is pretty much solid armament haki while expanded into his bounce form. Mingo notices this while they are midair fighting and he lands a haki covered boot to his side.... and it bounces off with no effect. It was when luffy was using that endlessly extendable punch attack Culverin. As far as his throat goes, I think you are taking my original post too literally. My original point was that mingo can use haki infused strings as we see in his big battle with luffy/the very existence of the birdcage. So it was strange that he didnt truly kill crocodile when he cut his head off when it was easily within his power to do so, and he was well aware that it would be required to hurt him.
    He fough a lot before entering Gear 4 though. And my point were that if the strings can cut the head off a logia user, then they can also cut the head off a normal person.

On the other hand, if they cant actually cut someone's head off that easily, then it might have been a relatively light attack that Crocodille simply "rolled" along with. it does match the relatively calm and fluid defensive fighting style he uses when not riled up.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Bugbear in the Playground

Crocodile has a noob logia habit of not dodging anything - he should have died years ago.

On a related note... It seems Katakuri could liquidate to avoid haki-infused punches. Is he a logia with some special quirk, or a jelly paramecia so good he can jellify himself?

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

He's a "Special Paramecia", whatever that means.

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    He fough a lot before entering Gear 4 though. And my point were that if the strings can cut the head off a logia user, then they can also cut the head off a normal person.

On the other hand, if they cant actually cut someone's head off that easily, then it might have been a relatively light attack that Crocodille simply "rolled" along with. it does match the relatively calm and fluid defensive fighting style he uses when not riled up.
    We watch him shred BUILDINGS with his strings. Not even the birdcage, but his normal attacks. He has absolutely no reason to hold back his attacks on luffy to that extent and every reason to try to control/kill him instantly. My point is that clearly luffy is using haki with each exchange to block those attacks or else he would have been torn apart easily. We see numerous attacks from doffy using his strings, we see them have minimal if any effect on luffy. We also see said strings obliterating everything else around him. Clearly they are not weak attacks.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #343

Hey so new chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pedro is super ****ing dead. Absolutely 100% dead. Luffy is...havin' a rough time fighting Katakuri, and the rest of the crew is meeting up with Sanji in the hopes of stopping Big Mom. Great chapter all around.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Hey so new chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pedro is super ****ing dead. Absolutely 100% dead. Luffy is...havin' a rough time fighting Katakuri, and the rest of the crew is meeting up with Sanji in the hopes of stopping Big Mom. Great chapter all around.
    Yeah, Luffy might be out of the absolute worst but he's still mighty effed.. And the others are not really better off. At least they can run.. Pudding's yanderism (?) is getting worse it seems.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

15. - Top - End - #345
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

This appears to be the Big Climactic Fight Scene of the arc, Luffy is getting outclassed in pretty much every display of physical strength and battle prowess, so he's going to have to start playing the field in a more intelligent way if he's going to have even a chance of winning, maybe by recreating that bit of the Enel fight where he fought without using his brain/punching the wall and letting them rebound in a random fashion?

16. - Top - End - #346

Nobody is 100% dead in One Piece until the manga is over without him ever reappearing. And even then, I wouldn't trust special chapters.

That said, nice setup for the boss fight and the... boss cake-preparing.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Nobody is 100% dead in One Piece until the manga is over without him ever reappearing. And even then, I wouldn't trust special chapters.

That said, nice setup for the boss fight and the... boss cake-preparing.
    What about Ace and Whitebeard.
    Or all those people who fell victim to the dreaded tragic backstory?

18. - Top - End - #348

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    What about Ace and Whitebeard.
    Or all those people who fell victim to the dreaded tragic backstory?
    You joke, but for the people like me that think Carrot has a legitimate shot at being a new member of the crew there's a good case to be made that this IS her tragic backstory-related "death of a loved one" that makes the person in question stay dead.

Also, even for One Piece, with how everyone has been really hammering home the fact that he's dead in the story, it would be really cheap for him to have survived.

19. - Top - End - #349

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Cover arc shows us that Sai's former wife is a harem queen. God I love how stupid this can be sometimes.

Speaking of, Sanji and Pudding are faking the marriage went well to bake the cake as best as they can...and Pudding is literally bursting on fire and spitting blood and getting heart eyes about it and it's HILARIOUS. Pudding is great.

And...the cake is something we're REALLY going to need, because...our heroes cannot win this fight. They cannot escape. This is tense.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Cover arc shows us that Sai's former wife is a harem queen. God I love how stupid this can be sometimes.

Speaking of, Sanji and Pudding are faking the marriage went well to bake the cake as best as they can...and Pudding is literally bursting on fire and spitting blood and getting heart eyes about it and it's HILARIOUS. Pudding is great.

And...the cake is something we're REALLY going to need, because...our heroes cannot win this fight. They cannot escape. This is tense.
    Spoiler
    Show

I have absolutely no memory who this woman is...

But yes, Pudding is quite adorable. It's amazing how well the two could actually fit together... Also, Sanji's skills as a cook are truly amazing... can we have a OP/Shokugeki crossover?

Hm... quite honestly, in every fair world, Luffy and everyone else should be dead next week and no cake is able to change that. But SOMETHING sure will.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #351

Heh, and here I am on youtube enjoying the final clash of cracker and luffy. Awesome fight, interesting end, and certainly a bit of a gauntlet thrown down, even if that wasnt his intention. "Here, you can have your general back. Im done whupping his butt."

22. - Top - End - #352

PirateGuy

Shocked nobody has said anything about the latest chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jinbe is now driving the ship like a surfboard and it has no right to be as awesome as it is, and I legit almost shed a manly tear for Luffy intentionally not showing any signs of pain or distress in front of his crew in order to not worry them once they were out of danger.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    Shocked nobody has said anything about the latest chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jinbe is now driving the ship like a surfboard and it has no right to be as awesome as it is, and I legit almost shed a manly tear for Luffy intentionally not showing any signs of pain or distress in front of his crew in order to not worry them once they were out of danger.
    I legit just missed it between Doctor Stone and My Hero, my bad.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jinbei is the helmsman! What a perfect role for a powerful fishman. It's brilliant. And Luffy is getting his ass beat, but he's still doing his best. This is an intense finale.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Yup, this chapter all but confirmed that
    Show
    Jimbei will be part of the main SH crew!

I wonder how this match is gonna end. And seriously, why hasn't Luffy gone G4 yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

You're kidding yourself if you don't think this piece of art isn't at least a little gender ambigious.
    Your kidding yourself if you think it is.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Spoiler: Yup, this chapter all but confirmed that
    Show
    Jimbei will be part of the main SH crew!

I wonder how this match is gonna end. And seriously, why hasn't Luffy gone G4 yet?
    Didn't they confirm this already? I mean, I think I had already hiven up my years long resistance and accepted Jinbei would join a few months ago because they said something along the lines... Was it when he cut his ties with mom?

Exhaustion? But really, Luffy should be donefor at this point... he shouldnot come out of this.

But yeah, decent chapter, even though it's a bit... you know, every chapter ends with the SH's being DONE FOR and then suddenly they get out. It's a little much by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Your kidding yourself if you think it is.
    So you're saying it's definitely a girl, then?
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    That would be how I interpret the post.
    But I might be biased, considering my stance towards that theory...

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Didn't they confirm this already? I mean, I think I had already hiven up my years long resistance and accepted Jinbei would join a few months ago because they said something along the lines... Was it when he cut his ties with mom?

Exhaustion? But really, Luffy should be donefor at this point... he shouldnot come out of this.

But yeah, decent chapter, even though it's a bit... you know, every chapter ends with the SH's being DONE FOR and then suddenly they get out. It's a little much by now.

Back on fishman island he talked with his old crew about luffy and how he wants to join him and his crew sent him on with cheers and happiness. He may not "officially" be a straw hat, but he might as well be.

On a totally unrelated note, I just now got to catch the film clip from WAAAAY back at sabaody pre time skip, where kizaru showed up and just beat the worst generation like it owed him money. Just... just all of them almost. The mage captain, uroge, x drake or whatever his name was, scratchman, etc etc etc. Just with a disturbingly casual ease and without even having to put any effort into it no matter what they did. They couldnt fight, couldnt run, couldnt win. I liked that scene because it made for an excellent demonstration of just how vast the gulf between the up and comers of the worst generation, and the current best of the best really is. They could have united as one force, full crews and all, and kizaru would have obliterated the entire force while yawning. It really brought everything into perspective because up till then we keep seeing luffy get stronger, having his badass 300m bounty, learning about the worst generation where everyone has a 100m+ bounty bare minimum, and what a big deal that is, and they all sound pretty badass and interesting but nope, they are utter trash rookies and several years too early to face the real power on the seas.

29. - Top - End - #359

PirateGuy

I get the feeling that Luffy hasn't been able to go all out just yet because he's been too distracted with trying to make sure his crew is still safe, now that he knows they'll be good for the next while he can devote all of his focus and energy to one thing: defeating Katakuri.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

On a totally unrelated note, I just now got to catch the film clip from WAAAAY back at sabaody pre time skip, where kizaru showed up and just beat the worst generation like it owed him money. Just... just all of them almost. The mage captain, uroge, x drake or whatever his name was, scratchman, etc etc etc. Just with a disturbingly casual ease and without even having to put any effort into it no matter what they did. They couldnt fight, couldnt run, couldnt win. I liked that scene because it made for an excellent demonstration of just how vast the gulf between the up and comers of the worst generation, and the current best of the best really is. They could have united as one force, full crews and all, and kizaru would have obliterated the entire force while yawning. It really brought everything into perspective because up till then we keep seeing luffy get stronger, having his badass 300m bounty, learning about the worst generation where everyone has a 100m+ bounty bare minimum, and what a big deal that is, and they all sound pretty badass and interesting but nope, they are utter trash rookies and several years too early to face the real power on the seas.
    It is one of the series main strenght. We have always had a decent picture of just how the power scale looked. It was moderatly early that the Ice Admiral whose name i cant spell very causally defeated the monster trio. I believe thats the earliest point where it was established just how far ahead the end of the power scale were.