New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

Hmm, wasn't the Sunny shown to be able to work as a submarine a lot of chapters ago?

2. - Top - End - #722
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Hmm, wasn't the Sunny shown to be able to work as a submarine a lot of chapters ago?
    Only when it was coated for underwater travel at sabaody I think.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Well my bet's that they managed to jury-rig submarine mode at the last moment. They won't need to dive very deep, just make sure they emerge out of sight.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

Best case scenario, it's all in her imagination.

Worst case scenario, her whole family is linked to her through her soul fruit, and her euphoria gave them all a massive morale bonus.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    Worst case scenario, her whole family is linked to her through her soul fruit, and her euphoria gave them all a massive morale bonus.
    To be fair, the broadcasted news that "Our queen is no longer in a berserk state and won't vore kill us all anymore" should provide quite a massive morale bonus.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

The gaps this arc has in narrative display are being utilized to great effect in the anime, pretty much every instance of "we didn't see the details of this encounter" or "the initial introduction to this character was a bit rushed" is being taken advantage of by the animators to pad out their time without needing to do "shot, reverse shot, repeat like 5 times for dramatic effect".

Also they've shown us a prelude to how we'll see Katakuri's perspective when he's using his future vision, so the big battle with his later should be a lot easier to follow.

7. - Top - End - #727

Hey what if we just pick up next week with Zoro's group and we don't return to this until the supposed meet up time, or at least until Zoro's side of the arc is done?

Wouldn't that be

F A N T A S T I C?

But yeah no my thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt they're destroyed, Pudding didn't poison the cake she just hid some of her power in it so she could secretly edit some memories. That being said, if the Thousand Sunny IS destroyed here, they get away thanks to Fishman help. The lose of the boat would be signifigent, and the submarine allows them to escape more readily then JUST with fish help. It might be a bit too bleak though, as has been said.

Also Big Mom's song is really ****ing scary oh my god lady.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: speaking of eating the cake
    Show
    ...Mama said it reminds her of her 6th birthday, and that the taste was familiar.

Is it possible Pudding may have known exactly from her memories what Mama's favored taste was?

Or is it possible that she is hallucinating that it's still the cake that she is eating now, but in reality she may be going for the more familiar taste by eating her people?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Spoiler: speaking of eating the cake
    Show
    ...Mama said it reminds her of her 6th birthday, and that the taste was familiar.

Is it possible Pudding may have known exactly from her memories what Mama's favored taste was?

Or is it possible that she is hallucinating that it's still the cake that she is eating now, but in reality she may be going for the more familiar taste by eating her people?
    Clearly
    Spoiler
    Show

The secret behind Sanji's cake being so delicious is that it is made of people.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

While this would be quite a twist I think Oda is going for the "Sanjis cooking is so amazing it evokes happy memories" trope. I mean, ideally Mom remembers her original plan for her kingdom and realizes what went wrong.. But that would be a little much.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    While this would be quite a twist I think Oda is going for the "Sanjis cooking is so amazing it evokes happy memories" trope. I mean, ideally Mom remembers her original plan for her kingdom and realizes what went wrong.. But that would be a little much.
    well oda already utilized that trope by merging onepiece universe with toriko universe thus sanji pulling little bit komatsu not gonna shock me slightest sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

12. - Top - End - #732

So I have a question. It's specifically about the anime and not the manga. Hope that's cool. In this clip what is the music that's playing in the first half? If anyone knows the name of the song that'll save me a lot of time looking. It's easiest to hear around the 12 second mark.

I'll put the clip in a spoiler just to avoid...spoilers. The clip in question is pre-timeskip, and it's about the supernovas.

Spoiler: possible spoilers
    Show

13. - Top - End - #733

Eleven Supernovae

There you go.

14. - Top - End - #734

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Eleven Supernovae

There you go.
    Thank you. Much appreciated. In hindsight I probably should have figured the name to be something like that.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

So... I decided to cough up money and more so go through the trouble of tricking viz into letting me give them my money for a SJ ***. And... well, I feel kind of good about it. I wont say the interview with Oda-sensei makes it worth it but it's a decent start. But... wait, they're planning a Hollywood LA movie?! Please doooooooooooooooooooooooon't.....
    Also, Sen. Pink is alive and might return. Yay!
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #736

AYYYIII! He's so hard boiled!!!!!

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #737

I really liked his answer to "how do you come up with your ideas?" being "literally every single thing I see gets considered for ideas".

It explains why all the Admirals are based on famous actors. Probably just saw those cool dudes in movies and was like "yeah these guys kick ass and look cool I'll use that". That's a really good way of doing it, I think. Also he points out something that makes a lot of sense, and explains a lot about why certain manga kinda...misstep after awhile. A weekly manga series is ****ing brutal to make, so it can be hard to actually think in the long term about what you're actually writing.

This interview, or at least that part of it, is important for all you aspiring writers out there.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

"You thought you had sunk the Sunny but instead it was me, Tiger Fisher's boat!"

Jury-rigged themselves a submarine to escape underwater, totally called it.

Also mandatory Shirou:

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Chapter 901
    Show
    Hey, pretty spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm immediately reminded by this fake-out.
    Quite a bit of dissapointment on the forums for this one. I accepted the incoming fake-out the moment I read 900 so that didn't bother me. Jinbei staying behind is a little bit dull but it did give us one of those rare, awesome moments where Luffy acts like a serious captain. Moscato being alive doesn't negate the message and tone of Big Mom's introduction. The one thing bugging me slightly is that the cake didn't down BM for all that long. I wanted that to be a bigger win for Sanji.

Overall, not the greatest chapter, and I think the break hurt it more than helped, but not bad by any means.
    Last edited by Cizak; 2018-04-13 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Totally forgot to comment here...
    Yes, good chapter! I guess there is still some hope for my scepticism regarding the latest Strawhat
    And yeah, the effect of the cake seem to have been not as impressive as I had hoped.. Oh well.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I mean, just the existence of the cake kept them from getting killed by Mama a loooong time ago. It also saved hundreds, probably thousands, of people, some of which were innocent and just wants to be under Big Mama's protection. I didn't have any expectations going in, so I'm already thoroughly impressed with that. Those are probably bigger than any achievement Sanji has done so far in his life.

Minister of Baking, Lord "Really-Why-Is-He-Not-A-Sweet-Commander" Oven continues to impress me. The Sun Pirates withstanding his Hot Sea Hell is more a testament to their resiliency than his power.

I really loved that moment between Jimbei and Luffy--badass captain giving his full confidence and trust to badass new crew member.

Lastly, could Morgan's declaration at the end lead to an Oda swerve? Anyone up for Blackbeard being the Pirate King as well as finding Raftel first?
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

22. - Top - End - #742

I mean, just the existence of the cake kept them from getting killed by Mama a loooong time ago. It also saved hundreds, probably thousands, of people, some of which were innocent and just wants to be under Big Mama's protection. I didn't have any expectations going in, so I'm already thoroughly impressed with that. Those are probably bigger than any achievement Sanji has done so far in his life.

Minister of Baking, Lord "Really-Why-Is-He-Not-A-Sweet-Commander" Oven continues to impress me. The Sun Pirates withstanding his Hot Sea Hell is more a testament to their resiliency than his power.

I really loved that moment between Jimbei and Luffy--badass captain giving his full confidence and trust to badass new crew member.

Lastly, could Morgan's declaration at the end lead to an Oda swerve? Anyone up for Blackbeard being the Pirate King as well as finding Raftel first?
    I mean after this he's definitely going to BE one, probably. Oven's kicked ass in this arc.

Yeah, while it's lame that Jinbei won't immediately be with the crew for Wano, I enjoyed the "Meet us in Wano, don't even let death stop you" bit.

Big bird at the end there is probably not explicitly referring to Luffy, but given Luffy's crew is mostly responsible for what happened I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he's leaning.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's less of foreshadowing and more just showing that for the first time, someone with a rather large amount of power and influence in the world is openly believing in the crazy kids and their crazy dreams.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: aftermath
    Show

So we get to see what is likely the final chapter of this arc, going by the last page.
    I like a lot of it, e.g. the extension on Dogtooth's backstory, though it's weird to have Brulee suddenly portrayed nicely. I mean, yeah, he's her brother but it still feels wrong,
    Also... yeah, the bit with Pudding is very much a tragic ending but... what exactly did she take from Sanji? He clearly still remembers her, as he calls out to her by name. I guess the assumption is she took whatever memories she had to so he wouldn't miss her but... without knowing more detail I feel a littl lost here.
    And... I really can't say I like the song(?). Maybe it's a translation issue or because there's no music bt I really didn't like the text as is.
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #745

@kato:
    Spoiler: Latest chapter
    Show
    She took just the recent memories of their kiss. He remembers everything up to the point she said she had one last request.

Anyway, I didn't like how things developed in the previous chapter, but I loved this one.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So the Fishmen are going to become part of Luffy's fleet, but are the Germa?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    So the Fishmen are going to become part of Luffy's fleet, but are the Germa?
    I'm guessing they will be in a similar position wrt the Strawhat Crew as the Heart Pirates and the Firetank Pirates. i.e. potential future allies but not necessarily subordinates

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the Germa are way too powerful to be subordinates. Allies, maybe, but even then not close. I wouldn't be too surprised if we never see them again but maybe in a final fight or something...

Kind of different topic... The Strawhats are built around their big dreams. So will we see all dreams come true over the course of the story?
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #749

Yeah, the Germa are way too powerful to be subordinates. Allies, maybe, but even then not close. I wouldn't be too surprised if we never see them again but maybe in a final fight or something...

Kind of different topic... The Strawhats are built around their big dreams. So will we see all dreams come true over the course of the story?
    Thats the sort of thing oda has to be careful with. I mean, the dreams arent the sort of thing that can all come true at once. For example, while zoro could easily win his fight against mihawk while luffy is earning his pirate king title, and we could see brook get his happy ending in the epilogue, that doesnt help sanji or nami. But if they get their dream accomplished before the end, does that take away from their characters motivation on this adventure?

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's go over them.

Luffy: Become pirate king. Yes, obviously.
    Zoro: Become the greatest swordsman in the world [=beat Mihawk]. I can't see this one go unfilfilled. We have yet to know just what Mihawk's greater role will be during the story's endgame, though. It may or may not complicate the mater.
    Nami: Draw a map of the world. Have we ever seen her draw maps since Arlong Park? It's fairly plausible to assume she does it off-panel. This one is tricky though, because the Straw Hats aren't visiting every part of the world, just a (somewhat) straight line to Raftel.
    Sanji: Find All Blue. Like Nami, I feel like this one isn't really a driving force for him after his introduction. But AB is probably located in the vicinity of Raftel.
    Usopp: Become a brave warrior of the sea, plus visit Elbaf. First part is arguably already fulfilled, and Elbaf will definitely play a big role in the future, so he'll get the opportunity.
    Chopper: Be able to cure any disease. I can't really see this one happening, honestly. Oda made it a point during Chopper's backstory that miracle cures don't exist, that's why we need doctors. But I can see it being fulfilled in the sense that Chopper will never stop working to cure diseases and always strive for more knowledge.
    Robin: Learn the true history of the world. Yes, the Void Century and true nature of the World Government are plot points that have to be resolved before the end.
    Franky: Build a ship that can make it to Raftel. Yes, getting to Raftel is happening, and the Sunny is set up for the task, being made from the same material as Roger's ship and all that.
    Brook: Reunite with Laboon. Almost certainly. Everyone will probably revisit home in the epilouge.
    Jimbei: Create harmony between humans and fishmen. Since the future pirate king is Fishman Island's national hero and the WG will probably be toppled (and thus slavery), this one feels pretty in the bag too. Oda does depict prejudice well though, so there won't be an insta-fix for all the trust issues and mistreatment.
    Last edited by Cizak; 2018-04-21 at 08:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show