New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Speaking of, Lucky Draw is up! My pull... 2/11!

And they're both IX SSBs, one of which is a dupe. Freya's Trident and Zidane's Vest. Still, hard to be too mad with the haul I got over the past couple of weeks, so I'll just quietly call this a mixed win.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Lucky draw time!

Tiny bee.

My SECOND tiny bee.

Consider me unimpressed.

I also got Quina multi-break so that's okay I guess.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2017-07-11 at 08:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

LD is up for me too and I'm a bit bummed by my pull:
    1/11
    Mustadio's Mythril Gun SSB (Dupe). Yes it is a hyper break and allows for some interesting break stacking in T missions, but it is a dupe.

Grumble grumble.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

LUCKY DRAW IS LIVE! And the results are... 3/11! One shiny disco ball!

• Rikku's Force Knuckles! It's... a thing. Atk/Res has limited uses by itself, but it's a rare debuff id so i'll take it. Dunno how much i'll use it over her BSB though.
    • Mustadio's Pentabreak! It's my fourth pentabreak, but no complaints as it helps give Mustadio something to do.
    • Beatrix's OSB! Here is a prize i'm very happy to see! Beatrix now sports her 4th SB and it works very well alongside her BSB so no complaints here! 2nd OSB for team Holy too, so I'm curious as to where I can take this.

Good times!
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-07-11 at 08:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

4/11 on the LD. More impressive than it sounds, because the results were subpar.

• Freya's Greatcoat! Quicken her jumps. I have her BSB, which does the same thing but with an atk/def break and ether for sky high. +10 attack and vault.
    • Agrias' Defender! It's not cleansing strike, nor is it her BSB, both of which I'd use instead of this. +10 attack and vault.
    • Beatrix' Ragnarok! Magic blink is good, and I can see myself using it over her BSB sometimes. She's third on the list of magic blinkers on my team behind keeper and Kimahri, but it's not a waste.
    • Dagger's Dagger of hair-cutting! When she gets a buff to bard 5, and bard 5 becomes good, it might not be bad. But the stat stick is going on Shantotto or Desch to power up their bursts with the Farna dress for a sweet, sweet total +90% lightning damage in burst mode.

However, I will not complain because luck has been very good since the anniversary.

Spoiler: The great skill rebalance
    Show

News of the skill rebalancing that hit JP is off on Reddit, if you're curious you can view it here.

The big takeaway is that CSBs, chase USB, and especially en-element SBs are going to be more valuable, while those 1st and 2nd-gen BSBs will become less powerful. Consider Hope's BSB1 as an example. Command 1 hits for 8.96/4. Add en-holy to that, and it'll do more effective damage than holy's one hit or Alexander's 2 hits. But soon, holy will hit 4 times for a much more potent option. 5* skills are going to be better than most BSB commands, which is a really good thing.

Additionally, SB gain from most skills goes up. Lifesiphon's going to stay at 150 points, Wrath at 180, but 5* skills will move up to 80 points (70 for elemental), so lifesiphon's relative importance goes down. Suddenly, a fully-dived Celes hitting an elemental weakness with a 5* spellblade is charging her gauge 140 points a turn- who needs combat? Mages get helped too, as hitting a weakness with the now 4-hit chain-gas is worth 105 sb points, or 1/5 of your SB bar.

I think this is good overall, and it'll make for more choices when doing team-building. Hopefully they roll it out to us sooner than the usual 5 months.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Lucky Draw is in, made the pull, and... 3/11; 1 disco ball, 2 dupes, and all of them are from FFT.

• Ovelia's Lambent Hat: One of the dupes, and one I'm not that hot about. Sure, it's armor, but the Lambent Hat isn't that impressive. Fodder for the other one so it actually becomes more relevant.
    • Ramza's Iga Blade! The only new item, and one I'm pretty happy about. This gives Ramza renewed relevance, because I was keeping him in the sidelines, what with added Banishing Strike and more importantly, a form of Entrust for all kinds of shenanigans. It also lets me have a semi-complete Ramza, as he only lacks his final SSB (Chant) and his Ultra
    • Agrias' Ragnarok. That makes the third such weapon, so it's gonna be used to combine it. I could actually combine all Ragnaroks and get the most powerful weapon I can work with at the moment, since I'm not exactly strapped for FFT swords (Gaffy and Orlandeau have their own, and Ramza has a fully raised Plat Sword in addition to his new Iga Blade).

A bit disappointed because there's no new IX content (really - neither Steiner nor Beatrix get something; by this point, Beatrix still doesn't have any kind of SB, and I regularly deploy her...and Steiner has the same situation, but I deploy him less), but pretty happy for Ramza's new weapon. Same thing for disco balls; sure, I'm starting to get a bit more, but I'm getting too sweet with dupes rather than having new stuff.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

7. - Top - End - #397

RedWizardGuy

1/11 - Garnet's Royal Gown - a party +MAG/DEF buff, like Exdeath's. And she managed to get her third relic in less than a month. With access to Divine Guardian, her BSB 2 and this, she really went from zero to hero in this Festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

8. - Top - End - #398

Two disco, one rainbow. Tidus OSB, Jecht's OSB, and Jecht's burst. Which would be great if I didn't already have Tidus OSB and the burst. I was really hoping one of those blitzballs was for Wakka.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to say, I'm kinda glad I don't have the mythril to make the lucky draw pull right now, as it's pretty obvious most of you have sucked away every last bit of luck that can really be expected. If I made my pull now I'd fully expect a 1/11 SSB draw.

Also, SpectralPhoenix: I have my evil eye on you. I'd kill for that draw, I want something for Tidus so bad, and I love Jecht as well(I do have his bsb, but I'd love his osb as well).

Edit: So, managed to finish collecting my last 7 mythril to hit 25, and did my LD. Bit disappointed, even though it was a 3/11. All 3 are BSBs, one is a dupe, and it's for the one realm I was praying for a non-dupe, X, ie: I now have my 2nd Jecht Blitzball BSB. I guess I can either fuse it and have a 6* Blitzball, or keep it as is, and let Tidus use it for full back-row damage which could be nice, if I had enough relics in X to even think about fielding a CM-based team.

The other two, I'm just not sure. One is Sargatanas, Zidanes BSB. On one hand it's an en-element wind Element for Zidane, which could give him a place on a wind team. On the other hand, I have no idea how it stacks with other debuffs. Does it act just as a Power Breakdown, or would it stack with a power breakdown because it also buffs Zidanes attack?(Could also buff everyone's attack by using 1st command 3x, then using 2nd command once, thus giving everyone a decent atk buff, which would stack with Vessel of Fate I think). On a third hand, the BSB seems fairly weak, I have a strong feeling the mutliplier is low due to the way it's worded(deal 9 attacks to random enemies, those usually end being weaker then "Deal 2-4 attacks to all enemies").

The last one is for a realm I just flat out don't care for, and don't have much in the way of relics period(Shout...that's pretty much it really, outside of a generic stat stick, and some armband for I think also Ramza), that being Tactics. I got Orlandeau's Cloak(BSB). I have no idea how useful it is over-all, I imagine the instant-ko proc would never proc on a boss, which is the only place I'd ever use him for(ie: An almost never going to happen CM team, again due to lack of FFT relics). I guess the 10 holy/dark attacks would be pretty strong against a holy weak boss, and the 1st command seems useful as it's an attack/defense debuff, which means it would stack with Full Break, Hyperbreak, and Faris Sea Lords Broadside which iirc is an atk/mag debuff, as well as a separate power/magic breakdown. 2nd command seems pretty weak over-all, has a long delay, and only deals 2 drk/non-ele phys attacks, so it's rider of healing user for a portion of dmg dealt is likely to be low, so meh.

Thoughts?(Including on the should I make a 6* Blitzball, or give it to Tidus or Wakka for as of right now theoretical CM team)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-07-12 at 06:02 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just barely pulled off the Lucky Draw. 4/11, no discos, no dupes. BSB's for Vivi, Rapha, and Auron, as well as a Super (Banishing Blade) for Auron. I may not be dancing for joy, but I'm not disappointed.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

11. - Top - End - #401

Re Starwulf:

I'm not sure how Zidane BSB2 works but I think it has a unique build up ID that stacks with everything (on the buff side) - on the debuff side I'm not sure. It was one of the new interesting mechanics and is suppose to be very good.

FFX - look at your synergy options - if you have gear to give the party some nice equipment and its extra, combine away for a game winning ball. Otherwise, double dribble for now.

FFT - Orlandeu's Burst is quite powerful but should be combined with his OSB for maximum power. To give you an idea of his power - in the XIV Jump Start fight he had a boost from History's Truth, Hailstorm, and Cloud USB (RW) and was hitting for 12,000 / resisted hit on the boss. I still haven't brought down the AP fight but the JS fight went down like a chump against Orlandeu.

His entry can deal pretty heavy damage and gives him an Attack/Def buff. His command 1 is basically Holy/NE Fullcharge (including long cast time) with an attack/def break in there. I rarely use his command 2 because the long cast time negates the sustain of it, but his command 1 is awesome - that and it has one of my favorite burst animations. (This is the only one I have). Note that Orlandeu can go with Chain-Charge or Tauntilate (I Chain-Charge for preference).

Congrats on a nice haul.

Calemyr:

Congrats on Rapha's burst - its a potent addition to a lightning mage team. I absolutely love that relic.

12. - Top - End - #402

The good: ran through enough of the DU that this morning's login mythril took me up to 25.

The bad: DU Lucky draw was a 1/11

The ugly: What Geosangeo is gonna look like after I bash his face in with my brand new Rikku BSB.

There were a lot of possible hits in the banner for me - Shout, Sexcal, a proper FFX or FFT medica, and more - but an imperil water BSB on a dancer/thief/lots of stuff should be excellent.
    Merlin the Tuna

13. - Top - End - #403

Nice haul Merlin!

I just brought down the XIV AP fight. After much frustration and testing I found that at my currently point in the game when looking at RWs, Eiko USB > Cloud USB.

I was trying over and over earlier with this set up:
    RW: Cloud USB
    Prishe 99 | BSB | Piercing Strike, Meteor Crush | Double cast Monk
    Alphinaud 99 | SSB/BSB | Dispel, Ultra Cure | Mako Might.
    Eiko | BSB/SSB | Protectga, Curaja | Ace Striker
    Y'sthola | BSB/SSB/Wall | Wrath, Haste | Dr. Mog's teachings.
    Ramza |USB/Chant/Tailwind | FB, PBD | Knight's Charge.

Fully buffed Prishe was hitting for ~26,400 per piercing strike and nearly 8000/hit on Burst entry (6,000 on Spin Combo).
    I just couldn't keep up with his damage though - he'd always crush me once he started wiping out my buffs.

I switched to:
    RW: Eiko USB
    Prishe - Blind resist Acc, had forgot before.
    Alphinaud - no change.
    Eiko - Switched to chance to double cast white RM.
    Y'sh - Switch Haste for Renewing Cure.
    Ramza - No Change.

Brought him down first try. I realized that Piercing Strike was capping before History's truth so I was going to switch Ramza out for Faris (USB, BSB, Imperil wind SSB) - but there is no need for that now. I actually got hit by Ultimate Shrapnel once before I realized I hadn't called my RW at all yet (nearly lost Y'sh). the late game Hastega was probably a game-changer.

I got really frustrated trying to use the hot new gimmick when I should have been focused on using my already potent arsenal of gimmicks. Alphinaud's damage reflect played second fiddle to Prishe's absolutely vicious onslaught this time around.

Prishe was able to cap Piercing Strike early, dealing out a deliciously steady string of 9s before she could Burst. Her Burst entry dealt ,2,500 before she could stack boosts with her command 2 and 3,000+ after (Crits landed for up to 5,500). Spin Combo was hitting 3,000+ with crits at ~5,000 as well which is a satisfying chunk of damage. What was better was that his AoE spams charged up Alphinaud's Burst for another solid source of 3,000x12. Her 4 hit command double cast a couple times too which was amazing.

Ramza started off hitting pretty weak but by the end of the fight he was landing 9,000 on Full Break and near cap on Power Breakdown. I stopped trying to switch in Chant for the Critical Damage+ effect and the free non-charges + constant buff uptime was wonderful.

Finally downing this guy was very satisfying - he got me very grumbly earlier.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

I did a pull on the VII banner in the hopes of picking up Cloud's USB. Instead, I got Cloud's Cloud Cycle BSB, and Sephiroth's BSB, so not really disappointed there. My LD draw was less impressive, netting me Garnet's BSB and Zidane's SSB.

But the real win here was finally Cid Missioning + Mastery of Mote Ifrit. Eat it, you overpowered bag of flaming turds! After two days, two mithril, and juuuust the right RNG run, I finally managed to put this bad boy in the done category.

Now to relax by doing easy things like Apoc+ dungeons.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the Jump Start version of Ars Rhiatwhatever is down, mastered albeit barely(2 medals lost to damage taken, 1 to actions taken).

I had a question regarding him, which attack is it of his that removes all buffs? Because I thought it was his Ultimate Magitek Missile attack, but I noticed that my haste was gone before he used that(He wouldn't have even gotten his Ultimate Magitek Missile if my haste hadn't been gone), and it wasn't because it wore off, as I didn't pop it the 2nd time until I had already gotten off one of my Megaflares, and it was gone by the time I got off my first finishing touch(started moments after the third megaflare, so 2 rounds or so, give or take a round I guess). Is the only reason he managed to kill cloud and send me into a panicked frenzy, he had like <1% HP left when he killed cloud, I was terrified I wouldn't get a final attack off to kill him, but got Fangs 1st bsb cmnd off to finish him.

Edit: Also, with all of the changes to 5* skills, what skills will you all be creating/honing now? I think I might finally r3 Meteor, I've had it at r2 forever, now that it's going up to 3 hits, it'll be invaluable for multi-hit boss fights, or even clearing trash waves in torment dungeons, which hey, might be the first step in me finally being able to complete torment dungeons!). Obviously the moment I can hone meltdown to r2(due to a few month break I took back at christmas-time I missed several black crystals, thus it's still not r2 though it should be).

I might create and hone holy, but I'm not 100% on that yet to be honest. It has to many orbs that I need elsewhere, like Ultra Cure! The Chain spells are all going to r3 now(Blizzaga and Firaga are already there) for sure, going up to 4 hits is way to sweet to ignore.

Beyond that...nothing really stands out. I might hone Saints Cross to r4, the increased level of regen and lowered cast time will make it pretty nice. Maybe r4 Hailstorm as well(it and saints cross are both r3), since it's going from 2 hits to 4, which will make it insanely powerful against anything that's vulnerable to Ice.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-07-13 at 01:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Well, the Jump Start version of Ars Rhiatwhatever is down, mastered albeit barely(2 medals lost to damage taken, 1 to actions taken).

I had a question regarding him, which attack is it of his that removes all buffs? Because I thought it was his Ultimate Magitek Missile attack, but I noticed that my haste was gone before he used that(He wouldn't have even gotten his Ultimate Magitek Missile if my haste hadn't been gone), and it wasn't because it wore off, as I didn't pop it the 2nd time until I had already gotten off one of my Megaflares, and it was gone by the time I got off my first finishing touch(started moments after the third megaflare, so 2 rounds or so, give or take a round I guess). Is the only reason he managed to kill cloud and send me into a panicked frenzy, he had like <1% HP left when he killed cloud, I was terrified I wouldn't get a final attack off to kill him, but got Fangs 1st bsb cmnd off to finish him.

Edit: Also, with all of the changes to 5* skills, what skills will you all be creating/honing now? I think I might finally r3 Meteor, I've had it at r2 forever, now that it's going up to 3 hits, it'll be invaluable for multi-hit boss fights, or even clearing trash waves in torment dungeons, which hey, might be the first step in me finally being able to complete torment dungeons!). Obviously the moment I can hone meltdown to r2(due to a few month break I took back at christmas-time I missed several black crystals, thus it's still not r2 though it should be).

I might create and hone holy, but I'm not 100% on that yet to be honest. It has to many orbs that I need elsewhere, like Ultra Cure! The Chain spells are all going to r3 now(Blizzaga and Firaga are already there) for sure, going up to 4 hits is way to sweet to ignore.

Beyond that...nothing really stands out. I might hone Saints Cross to r4, the increased level of regen and lowered cast time will make it pretty nice. Maybe r4 Hailstorm as well(it and saints cross are both r3), since it's going from 2 hits to 4, which will make it insanely powerful against anything that's vulnerable to Ice.
    It's ultimate magitek missile that does the dispel. I took him down with my water chain team, and had I delayed for a round or two before starting the chain, the fight would have been easier. Once he starts priming those missiles, it really gets desperate.

I'm going to hold out on any massive hone sprees until I see what useful USBs or chains fall into my lap. If I end up with Locke's fire chain, for example, ruby spike (fire shooter) is a given. The darkness skills could be worth a second look too, as the physical ones have improved.

Also something to keep in mind: once the skill rebalance hits, we should be getting new dailies too. The new dailies have two levels: 80 stam/2 stages which drops greater/major orbs, and 100 stam/2 stages that drops greater/crystals. Additionally, there's an always-open every orb dungeon for 40 stam, an always-open exp dungeon for 40 stam, and on Sundays upgraded versions of those 2 for 80 stam. They're pretty generous, which will help push those skills into R4 territory, or work on that R3 meltdown that we all want.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

My take on it? I'm probably going to upgrade Titan to R3. Between Rydia's BSB and the buff, it's looking rather nice.

My Chainagas and Dark Zone are all at R3 barring Stonega & Waterga ones (they're R2), and they were already in the "planned to R3" list. I just realized I can get Meltdown getting to R2 right now, if I should so feel like it as I finally got the 12 Fire Crystals I needed.

The hailstorm buff will be primarily used by, hilariously enough, my fire team's resident Katana man: Auron. Greg & Orlandeau could use it too, but the latter was 99'd more for his Gathering Storm RM (as i don't have any relics for him) so his uses are tied to his realm and Greg, as a tank, will probably benefit more from the High Regen buff Saint Cross is getting.

Odin is interesting as it gives a somewhat general access Wall Break debuff for teams that lack it.

Tornado Strike seems to be the forgotten redheaded stepchild of the Twinstrike family, otherwise I'm happy to see them getting more hits. This saddens me as my gusty swordblademan Luneth can't use SnowSpell Strike, as he get Spellblade 5 through Record Diving and isn't eligible for the Spellblade Motes. Celes and Bartz are fine with it though :D

Dash 'n Slash & Mug Bloodlust buffs make Zidane and Vaan very, very happy.

Stitch in Time's new attack buff is rather interesting, though my ninjas are limited. I wonder at the viability of having it on Yuffie & her BSB, considering she has a Mug Bloodlust command?

Sharpshooter is basically the better Spellblade for those that have access to it, with the abilities dealing more base damage even if you don't have a ranged weapon equipped. Spellbladers seem to have access to more twincast stuff though.

all in all it buffs stuff i'm already using or was planning on upgrading soon. I'm incentivized to actually upgrade Hailstorm and Titan to R3 (doubly as there is no overlap in power/ne/ice and sum/fire/earth), even with the mats needed to cover the two last chainagas i've got at R2 (of which they use ice, earth & fire) I'm still going to have enough mats to have them R3'd by the next FFVIII event in 3-4 weeks, since i'm really just missing the Major Black Orbs.

Also, if you complete the FFIX and FFX dungeons while ignoring the FFT ones, you'll get the classic dungeon complete message, lol. As a secondary fact, I just found out Onion Knight can use guns, since my best FFT weapon is my FFVIII 6+ Punishment (by a single point of attack!), followed by the new Mythril Gun for Mustadio.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

I got enough mythril together for the lucky draw, and didn't do too terribly. 2/11. Rapha's SSB Wizard Robe, and Lulu's SSB moogle Doll. The former is great because Rapha didn't have anything and she's the only real BLM for FFT, the latter is good because I lack any half decent SBs for FFX at all, only having Lulu's Focus, a couple plain Medicas for Yuna, and Hyper NulAll from Rikku.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I shouldn't drop 50 myth on this banner." "But that USB'd be awesome." "I won't get it." ...disco.

Well, levellin up Rikku.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    "I shouldn't drop 50 myth on this banner." "But that USB'd be awesome." "I won't get it." ...disco.

Well, levellin up Rikku.
    Rikku's pretty useful by default, more useful than say, Tidus in my opinion.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Rikku's pretty useful by default, more useful than say, Tidus in my opinion.
    I didn't expect to agree with this, but as of this current event, I really do. See, without SBs, Tidus is good for basically one thing - PowerCharge. But Rikku? I gave her Rapid Fire and she straight-up murdered that CM boss. And that's just from one ability - she actually has a pretty decent power set between CEL, THF, and MCH. I used to be underwhelmed with her, but I'm frankly pretty whelmed now.

But yeah, I'm saving my mythril like crazy now. Not even for the USBs.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I didn't expect to agree with this, but as of this current event, I really do. See, without SBs, Tidus is good for basically one thing - PowerCharge. But Rikku? I gave her Rapid Fire and she straight-up murdered that CM boss. And that's just from one ability - she actually has a pretty decent power set between CEL, THF, and MCH. I used to be underwhelmed with her, but I'm frankly pretty whelmed now.

Yeah, out-of-the-box power is so radically different from the power level when you have decent SBs. Comeone who's best skill is Combat 5 might as well be useless until you get a good SB on them. Tidus isn't as bad as some (he has Celerity and Sharpshooter, which are okay compared to say, DRK!Cecil with just Combat and Darkness, the latter of which can be tricky to use), But i'd much rather toss say, a default SB Rikku out than Tidus. Or even Paine. Before Sharpshooter Tidus was just objectively terrible, now he's, okay I guess.

Factotum Variants!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Don't forget a backup dance as an option.

Like, I'd rather have cait sith as my main support with rikku doin damage, but if I need to weave in another break/dance, well, lookee there.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikku or Wakka are your supporter of choice for the realm, but it's the stupid huge list of ability schools she has access to (dancer, thief, machinist & celerity at 5, bard & sharpshooter at 4... and support 3) that makes her a really good character. Toss in something like her BSB (interrupt and mug bloodlust at theif speed) or USB (ALL THE BUFFS) and she's a high tier character IMO.

Did a 100 gem pull and got a pair of pants for neglectful dad. He's still a horrible parent, but at least he's wearing pants now in addition to his sword. That's an improvement.

Little else to report: the FFX event is coming along swimmingly.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah. Beat that whiny Cloud in the face with an all mage team. Terra used Omen into BSB, Golbez used Twin Moon and cried because DeNa hates Draw Fire effects, Larsa broke attack and used his BSB to keep everyone reasonably healthy, Krile had terrible defense, but she could manage to RW in Raines and sing her little Sheepsong. Managed to beat it just before the third Ultimate Borkbeam.

With that being said, I *really* dislike 220 fights. It's all a matter of praying and hoping that you've got enough relic synergy to not get one-shot by the first enemy attack. Either that or S/L until your debuffer/WHM starts with a high ATB bar.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't expect to agree with this, but as of this current event, I really do. See, without SBs, Tidus is good for basically one thing - PowerCharge.
    I'd challenge that. I got one of his first SSBs (Jecht Shot; a damage dealing SSB), and I still consider PowerCharge his best trick. Jecht Shot is there for when Rikku Imperils everyone with Water, so that he can do slightly more damage with each hit. If anything, it adds to his damage. On the other hand, Rikku has her hands full using her BSB, casting Protectga via Bardic music and doing a full debuff with Full Breakdance (aka Multi Break), leaving her with no chance to do tons of damage with Rapid Shot or Tempest Snipe, up until she loads up her BSB. That, and I can't use her ATK/MAG SSB because, again, it's hard for her to charge up that gauge, even with Ace Striker/Battleforged.

In terms of progress, Rhitahtyn (yikes, I still manage to remember his name!) is causing me a bit of a headache. I figure that my current team (Alphi, Ramza, Papy, THUNDER GOD and Y'sh) should do wonders in the Jump Start battle, but not here, because it takes quite a while to load up the gauges. In Jump Start, I can simply go boosters (Alphi's Deployment Tactics, Papy's Ley Lines, Ramza's SHOUT and Orlandeau's THUNDER GOD MODE), followed by the Bursts (Alphi's Aerial Blast, Papy's Enochian Firaga, Ramza's Unsung Hero and Orlandeau's Swordplay) for maximum effectiveness. Y'sh merely casts Stoneskin and heals (calling the RW, most likely). Heard of someone using Monk meta, and I got two of the best Monk Bursts out there (Refia and Zell), both at relatively high levels (Zell is pretty much at 80, Refia is somewhat lower), so I can just fire the Bursts and call it a day. That should be fun. Might even add Sabin to the fun just for Bum Rush shenanigans, since all of Rhitahtyn's attacks are Physical anyways.

Just a handful of Mythril left to get 50, but not gonna pull on anything. Even though that X banner is tempting (any, really), the realm is pretty solid now. Still holding hope for the poll-based banners, which all depends on the results of the ladies' poll and the preferred SB poll. Considering that I already have a well-stocked group of FFT characters, depending on what's there, I might skip the next DU, and given that the next VI banner won't have anything that piques my interest, Super Fest doesn't bring anything of interest either, and nothing on the future really screams as something I should get, I might go straight to 30Fest with a bunchload of Mythril.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there a specific RM for blitzballs, or does it fall under the category of thrown weapons? Trying to figure out a good RM for Jecht, but I don't have any darkness based ones(or if I do, they are in my vault and I'm to lazy to go through those right now), and I only have a thrown weapon one that is the lowest one for damage increase(minor amount or whatever).

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Is there a specific RM for blitzballs, or does it fall under the category of thrown weapons? Trying to figure out a good RM for Jecht, but I don't have any darkness based ones(or if I do, they are in my vault and I'm to lazy to go through those right now), and I only have a thrown weapon one that is the lowest one for damage increase(minor amount or whatever).
    Actually, there is a Record Materia meant to boost Blitzball damage. Guess who gives that RM? Three guesses, the first two don't count.

As for story dungeons, I believe I'm well into DU 24, which is still a fair way from the current DU (10 updates behind!), and that's mostly going on Elite. Already over 50 Mythril (as I mentioned before), and only a handful of Stamina Stones before reaching 170 Stam, which is more or less 2 Elite Dungeons and about 4 Classic Dungeons per full bar. That also means I got sufficient Classic/Elite Mythril for future fests and surprise good banners, not to mention that I've barely touched XIV and Tactics dungeons, which is even more Mythril lying around.
    On Lawful Good:

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Actually, there is a Record Materia meant to boost Blitzball damage. Guess who gives that RM? Three guesses, the first two don't count.

As for story dungeons, I believe I'm well into DU 24, which is still a fair way from the current DU (10 updates behind!), and that's mostly going on Elite. Already over 50 Mythril (as I mentioned before), and only a handful of Stamina Stones before reaching 170 Stam, which is more or less 2 Elite Dungeons and about 4 Classic Dungeons per full bar. That also means I got sufficient Classic/Elite Mythril for future fests and surprise good banners, not to mention that I've barely touched XIV and Tactics dungeons, which is even more Mythril lying around.
    Hmmm, I'll have to check to see if I have Wakka's Self-Discipline. I know I have his Blitz-Eye and Pre-Emptive Strike RM, just not sure if I have his Self-Discipline. If I do, I guess I'll be egging him to 99 to get his RM4 so I can equip it on Jecht.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm, I'll have to check to see if I have Wakka's Self-Discipline. I know I have his Blitz-Eye and Pre-Emptive Strike RM, just not sure if I have his Self-Discipline. If I do, I guess I'll be egging him to 99 to get his RM4 so I can equip it on Jecht.
    I mean, Jecht has a 1.1x Blitzball damage RM, doesn't he? "Legendary Shot," right? Sure, Wakka's got a 1.3x at 99, but I'm pretty sure Jecht's is his first RM.

But then again, 1.1x hardly seems worth it. You're probably better off with a +SUP damage RM, like Secrets of the Qu or Flower of the Sea.