New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: Slaves in the Empire of the Drowning Sun [IC]

Spoiler: Before Dinner
    Show
    Whilst Avaliah was rather pleased that she was allowed to join Raphael and the Peacekeeper without much argument from either of them... she had to admit, that being asked whenever or not Raphael would look good in the cloak of a Peacekeeper, was not what she was expecting in the slightest. Not only because she did not expect Raphael to desire to become a Peacekeeper of an Empire that practices slavery... but her own opinions in regards to slavery very well known.

Still. It was a question that Avaliah took very seriously, taking several moments to mull it over before answer. “That is not a question I can answer. Whilst I hope to learn more about Raphael over the coming weeks of the talks. I currently know far too little about him in order to answer such a question. From what I know of his view on slavery I find myself doubting that he would willingly take on that cloak. But I am talking to a non-human at this moment in time, so I could easily be mistaken.”

It wasn’t the most subtle talking that Avaliah did, but she felt that her curiosity as to why the Peacekeeper wore that cloak despite obviously being non-human herself was valid... and she wasn’t out and out asking about it either. That was rude.

Whilst Avaliah could not say she agreed with the ideas of Justinian, Jormindrill and Captain Gregor when it came to a home, she could understand why they thought that way. Home was where the heart is after all, and for some, that was on the open seas...

Of course, before she was able to speak in order to express that, she was knocked out of her chair when the ship suddenly lurched to the side... an experience which she knew meant only one thing: They were under attack. Thank goodness she always wore her armour under her clothing... and had her weapon by her side. Even if she had to buckle it on as she moved after Captain Gregor. Unfortunately, she would have to be without her shield for this moment in time... and of course they were facing a Sea Creature. That was in the sea. A good 50ft away from her... and she possessed no ability to fly, or any ranged weapons.

“Well, at least I should be able to tell what this thing is...” Avaliah muttered as she peered towards these monsters.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On deck at the rail

Raphael listens to the the conversation between Avaliah and Kaya, "If you wish to get to know me better, Lady Askarda, you have but to ask. I am an open book." LIES. Hush, she need not know yet.

Making his way onto the deck with the others Raphael strides to the bow, closer to the monster.

Spoiler: Init
    Show

Init - (1d20+11)[17]

Walking towards the creature, as close as he can on deck he holds out his hand speaking gently to the creature.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Attempting to charm monster, DC 29
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-07-15 at 02:03 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Railside
    Show
    For a moment the humor leaves Kaya's eyes before she smiles again and replies.
    "An interesting take on the topic, Mistress Askarda. It seems to me that being a Peacekeeper and being a human noble are not markedly different."

Dinner

Nearly being knocked to floor form the ship's sudden lurch, Kaya manages to catch herself on the edge of the table before looking up at the other occupants of the cabin, concern etched across her face. After taking a brief moment to verify that Fellspark was unharmed, Kaya draws her sword as she swiftly follows the captain to the deck.

In an instant Kaya is at the point of the deck nearest the creature. She softly mutters a curse to herself, then as she did the first day she boarded this vessel, cries out an arcane word that seems almost Aquan, then watches the creature warily.

"Huh. A sea monster. I... actually didn't see that one coming. Does anyone have better tactical insight on how to fight this thing other than 'Hit it really hard, and probably a lot'?"

Show
    Free Action to draw her sword.
    Move action to Omenwalk to the ships edge.
    Swift action to cast Wave Blessing on the soldier and sailors.
    Ready an action to initiate Flicker Strike if the creature takes hostile action against the men in the water or anyone on/from the Wavehopper.
    Spoiler: Flicker Strike
    Show
    Kaya teleports into thin air beside the creature and strikes at it, testing its defenses before instantly teleporting back to the exact spot she was standing in.
    Standard action to initiate Flicker Strike, 55ft range.
    Touch Attack - (1d20+25)[26].
    Damage - (1d6+14)[18].

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Jor

Grabbing onto his mug for dear life when the ship goes flying, Jor attempts to drink only to then realize the mug was emptied by the jolt. Sighing, Jor moves out on deck with Justinian. Stepping beside Raph, Jor declares, "Blow me over... would ya look at da size of that thing..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving to be adjacent with Raph, if I still have an action, readied action to cast Charm Monster on the beast if Raph fails to charm it. (As an SLA this has no verbal, somatic, or material components so I am not sure if others will detect my casting or not). Will DC 21 (10 + 4(SL) +6 (Cha) +1 (Fey Power))

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

The great beast shakes its head as if confused as Raphael's power takes hold, creating eddies within the waters that cause the ones floating within the sea to bob up and down like corks.
    It begins barking out in a deep, booming combination of hisses and hoots that sound as if the sea itself had decided to lend a voice.
    Spoiler: If anyone speaks Aquan
    Show
    "Why have you called me here friend? I am so very hungry. I am grateful for you bringing these tasty morsels into my waters but I have no patience for idle calls."

Captain Gregor takes the proffered opportunity to call out to the other sailors.
    "Break out the oars! We'll just have to do this by hand before anything else decides to come along!"
    Clattering can be heard below decks as the call is passed along to break out the oars. Some ropes are thrown over the side to those overboard. They swim to the ship with varying degrees of proficiency and one of the sailors manages to catch hold of the trailing rope.

Show
    Sailors are regrouping/getting ready to run.
    Serpent doesn't move for now.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael continues to hold out his hand in friendship speaking to the creature in its own language. Adopting a calm and soothing tone he addresses the majestic creature respectfully.

Spoiler: Aquan conversation
    Show
    "It was not I who called you, my friend. If someone aboard did call you then a more suitable meal should be easily called as well. I am here to ask that you not feed on these beings as they are also my friends. I would be honored to see if the one who did call you can also call you a suitable meal, but again, I implore you to not make a meal of these beings. "

Mentally to Kaya and Avaliah {Someone aboard called him here to attack this vessel. They need to be found.} It's almost as if two different beings addressed you two just now.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-07-17 at 02:30 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

7. - Top - End - #97

Show
    “Oh?” It was not like Avaliah to speak so bluntly, so openly about herself and her emotions. When it came to Negotiations, it was very important to keep your true feelings underneath a cool mask of indifference, all whilst doing your best to learn as much about the ones you were Negotiating with. Yet... here. Standing alongside a lost soul from before the Shattering... and a Peacekeeper for an Empire of Slavery... Avaliah felt that she could relax, and allow herself to open up. “If I may inquire, what has made you say that Lady Peacekeeper?

As for the fact, Raphael had said he was willing to answer any questions... and that he was always willing to speak mentally. Avaliah tried to reach out to him now, mentally asking. ’So, how did you come to be a statue?’

“Sea Serpent. Incredibly thick hide, Immune to cold-based attacks, and incredibly resilient to fire. No to mention they are so elusive that even some of the best scryers in the world cannot find them.” Avaliah said when Kaya joined them on the deck, asking for greater tactical insight as to how it would be best to fight against the sea monsters... through afterwards Avaliah glanced sideways at her, adding dryly. “But hitting them hard is all I can do.” Avaliah was much more geared to fighting against humanoid creatures than giant monsters...

Then Raphael tried to charm it with its magic, halting the beast and making it speaking in the Tongue of the Waves: Aquan. A fact that brought Avaliah to a grinding halt, even before she realised some of the possible implications. “It... it speaks? It’s not just a beast desiring to state it’s hunger...? Knowledge of these creatures is limited, yet I cannot recall any records of them being able to speak....”

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Show
    Raphael tilted his head a little to the side when he received the mental question, looking from Avaliah to Kaya briefly before answering. {"I am...uncertain...as to how that happened. I have no recollection of ever even being stone. Prior to it happening I was engaged in battle with the high priest of the Church. Perhaps some spell went awry during that battle?"}
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #99

Show
    "Well—" She cuts off abruptly and closes her eyes, shaking her head softly. "No, forgive me Mistress Askarda, that would have been unkind and unworthy." Her eyes open again but her gaze is distant, her smile somewhat forced. "In my experience, things are rarely ever simple. Battle is blissfully simple. The Peacekeepers are not simple. Being a Peacekeeper? Even less so. But please Mistress, you do us a disservice by defining us by but a single facet of our service to the lands and people of our home."

Kaya's eyes narrow and she turns her head sharply towards Raphael at the serpent's suggestion that it was Raphael himself who called the beast, but her expression quickly returns to normal after hearing Raphael deny that he was the one responsible. When he communicates with her telepathically, her eyes widen and her head tilts curiously at the sound of a second voice... But no, there were more pressing matters at hand.

Kaya nods courteously to Avaliah. "Thank you for the insight Mistress Askarda." She turns back towards Raphael "Though thanks to Master Raphael, with luck, we may be able to solve this peaceably. But we need to find this problem's source. We may need to search the ship, and quickly, to find who or what has called this creature to us. Mistress Askarda, may I ask your aid to help me search the ship? I would ask for yours, Master Raphael, but you've clearly got other things to deal with at the moment." Kaya's eyes dart between Avaliah and Raphael as she speak to them both. "I do not believe any who were present with us in the Captain's quarters could have been directly involved themselves; are there any others among them that either of you trust enough to enlist their aid in searching the ship?"
    Last edited by nolongerchaos; 2017-07-19 at 02:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

The serpent's sinuous neck shakes a frilled head, seemingly incensed at Raphael's reply but not making a move as of yet.
    Spoiler: Aquan
    Show
    "For you alone will I endeavor patience but not even one who is older than the Widening of the Endless Waters has the right to deny tribute to one who is descended from Leviathan!"

The following roar ripples the waters and rattles a few loose barrels as the other two waterlogged men grab hold of the ropes that trail along the water while one scurries up to safety.
    "Point to starberd! I want us as far away from that thing as possible!" Captain Gregor shouts, warily eyeing the sea serpent.
    The oars begin to come out and the ship begins to move slowly but surely.

Show
    Ship has moved 10 ft. closer to the Anchor's path but has kept the same distance from the sea serpent. This thing does not accelerate very fast.
    Spoiler: Knowledge (Religion)
    Show
    Spoiler: DC 20
    Show
    Leviathan is one of the ancient beasts that supposedly lives in the deepest parts of the ocean. Many of the aquatic races pay at least some respect if not homage to this great creature.
    Spoiler: DC 30
    Show
    Some of the older texts and stories recount how any creature of Leviathan's descent tended to be more intelligent than their average kin. As such, they were treated with respect as a sacred beast and a bringer of omens. Though whether the omen was for good or ill was up to interpretation.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lowering his hand and speaking to the great serpent Raphael continues in Aquan, "Great serpent, had I called you I would have had fitting tribute most assuredly, especially for one of Leviathan descent. Perchance would you be able to find the one who called you among us so that we both may address their lack of tribute? That one you may have with my blessing," lowering his head sadly at the next thing he was forced to say, "but the rest of these people are under my protection."

Then in answer to Kaya's question and still talking to them both, {The chastised elf that leapt to the Lady Askarda's protection was at the table, he seemed to be willing to help. Could one of you see if the Captain still has his magic fishing pole?}
    I like the globe warm...

12. - Top - End - #102

Show
    Hmmmm... that isn’t what Avaliah was expecting to hear, from either of them. Admittedly for Raphael, it seemed that he misunderstood her question, so she could not blame him. But for the Peacekeeper’s reply... “I must apologise then, for whatever I said which lead you to believe I was assuming what the Peacekeeper’s role is. I was simply trying to both express a disbelieve that Raphael, who has made his viewpoint on slavery clear, becoming an agent for the biggest Empire of Slavery on the planet, and that I might be wrong in that disbelieve. After all, you stand beside me as a non-human, therefore there are obviously reasons to work for the Empire despite this slavery. Reasons that I know little about, as my knowledge of what it is like to be a Peacekeeper is extremely slim.”

As for Raphael... ‘Or perhaps imprisoning you in stone was the intent of the spell... what happened leading up to the battle? That might provide a clue’

“Ask Justinian, the Aasimar, for help. I believe that he can be trusted in this regard.” Avaliah answered Kaya when she asked if there was anyone else they could grab in order to search the ship... even as her brow furrowed at the serpent's words. The Leviathan? What the hell was that? Uncertain what was going on, Avaliah decided that it was best to help out everywhere she could... and from what she could tell. The best way for her to help was by heading over to the ropes that the sailors were clinging onto and pulling it up hand over hand.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by The Blade Wolf; 2017-07-20 at 04:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Railside

{Perhaps, though I do not believe the priest cast it. It is my understanding that changing things like flesh to stone was more arcane and the priest was certainly divine.} Shaking his head no, {No, I believe it may have had something to do with my goddess dying at what was likely the same time though I cannot be certain.}

"Many things have changed in the 2000 years I have been absent this world. Bloodlines are denied, the very ground has been shattered, slavery is not only tolerated, it is accepted." The wood of the railing creaks in protest as he squeezes it, causing him to abruptly let go. "Perhaps looking at things from the inside would aid in understanding how such evil could be so commonly approved." He looks at both women, smiling "Or perhaps I was just making small talk to be able to talk to a pretty woman. After all, it has been 2000 years since I have done so."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-07-20 at 07:52 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

The sea serpent growls this time, a sound that is reminiscent of a coming storm.
    Show
    "No land crawler called me. I come to the call of that which was granted to those that worship me."

It then dives into the water moving closer to the ship, circling it like a shark.
    Show
    "If you will deny me what is rightfully mine, your hubris will doom them all. You will not move, else I break my ties with you and feast."

Justinian and Jormindrill also come to help with hauling the rescued men onto the deck. They both seem rather concerned with the serpent more than figuring out who might have summoned such a beast.
    The captain calls for a halt and the ship drifts to a stop as the oars are withdrawn.
    "Prepare to fire on my mark!"
    Captain Gregor is at the wheel, barking orders and those orders are relayed throughout the whole ship.

Show
    Ship has stopped moving in response to sea serpent moving 10 ft. away from it. It is underwater though so you can't swing at it from the deck.
    Needless to say, that spell isn't going to work for much longer if no solution can be reached that satisfies the sea serpent.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael has begun slowly pacing back and forth along the rail, watching the serpents movements like a guard dog. He shakes his head as he listens to the serpents demands, "These people are not rightfully yours. As I said before they are under my protection, it would be a tragedy for us to do battle over what is an obvious mistake."

As he continues pacing the shadow cloak that has been ever present since his return seems to bleed off his shoulders and through the deck below his feet. His countenance also seems to change subtly as this happens, voice going more guttural as some heard it in the temple, wings flaring slightly, and the sudden appearance of that sword in his hand again. "However, if you insist on trying to take this ship and these people then battle it will be..."
    I like the globe warm...

16. - Top - End - #106

Glancing around the deck, Kaya quickly realized how close the diplomacy with the beast is to falling apart. For only the briefest of moments did she consider continuing her search for those responsible for the summoning of the offspring of the Leviathan... but no, her place was here on the deck, between the sailors of the Empire and this beast that threatened them.

Her eyes narrow slightly at the curious movement of Raphael's shadow, and her head again tilts slightly at the sound of the second voice from Raphael, though this time audible. With a sad, soft sigh, Kaya reaches up and removes her cloak, again revealing her brilliant armor, as a halo of light forms above her head. Despite her other preparations for battle, Kaya's sword remains undrawn.

Show
    Kaya changes her stance to Stance of the Crane Knight.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Gregor shouts for the men to man the cannons and the call goes down the ship. He then takes some time to shout out to Raphael.
    "My rod don't work that way! Just keeps the fish from suspecting anything, keeps me from going overboard, and is extremely strong! Still have to fight the blasted thing though and the line has broken on me! It looks like we'll have to fight it in all honesty. Can't move with it blocking the way like that. Why didn't you just tell it to leave?"

Justinian and Jormindrill both seem to sense the impending fight and ready themselves. Justinian drawing his blade and Jormindrill muttering parts of his pact under his breath... or arguing with himself.

One of the sailors ready to light one of the cannons nervously licks their lips as the serpent circles once more about the trapped ship. It suddenly bursts out of the water, startling the sailor and they panic.
    "FIRE! BLAST IT! FIRE!"
    The man begins to scramble to light the wick of the siege weapon to hopefully deliver a mortal wound.

Spoiler: Miscellaneous
    Show
    Unless someone decides to stop the sailor, they're firing the cannon when it decides to surface.
    (1d20-5)[-2]
    (6d6)[23]

Spoiler: If above spoiler holds true:
    Show
    The serpent roars out in fury and strikes back suddenly, ripping a huge chunk out of the ship's starboard side to gorge on the sailor and knocking the cannon aside like so much debris before diving underneath the waters once more. The voice returns, seeming to hiss like a seething pot about to boil over.
    Show
    "DEFILER! HOW DARE YOU RETURN TO THIS WORLD!"

Spoiler: Combat
    Show
    Yeah that sailor isn't surviving.
    The sea serpent is 10 ft. away on the right of the ship but can easily strike at the deck at such a range. It is also 5 ft. underwater now. Meaning it has total cover at this point in time.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

18. - Top - End - #108

Justinian

Justinian glanced back to the captain, shouting in response, "It's a sea monster, it's not just gonna just bugger off on his say so!" only to be nearly thrown from his feet as the creature tore through the ship's hull. Ducking down for balance, and not a moment too soon as a chunk of cannon soared over his head.

Springing back upright, he surged forwards to the rail and lashed out, tossing a sphere of swirling lightning with his free hand, the crackling sphere flying through the air before it exploded outwards above the creature, lashing at it with arcs of electric.

Show
    Aether Blast, Standard, Electric Damage: (12d6+9)[48], DC 22 Reflex for Half, Ignores up to 29 resistance.
    Last edited by ChrisAsmadi; 2017-08-09 at 11:16 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael hops into the air and just before disappearing says in coarse, guttural Aquan "Whatever the reason for my return it was certainly not to kill the likes of you, worm..."

Show
    Teleporting to just behind its head. I assume even though this is an at will ability he can't immediately attack although if the serpent moves away I'll take my attack of opportunity. With a smite.

Attack of Opportunity - (1d20+33)[53]
    Damage - (2d6+29)[36]

I like the globe warm...

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Jormindrill

Taking the rocking of the ship surprisingly well despite his earlier drinking, Jormindrill laughs a bit before his voice rings out, "He won't bugger off? Why not? Cause that bloke didn't say so? Shall we have a go of it then?"

In the middle of his tirade (with himself or others it's hard to tell), Jormindrill's feet lift off of the deck and begins ascending, as he reaches the apex of his ascent, he stares down at the serpent and calls out in an intimidating tone completely different from before, "Flee."

Show
    Fly check to ascend at a greater angle than 45 degrees: (1d20+17)[30] If successful I will ascend 15ft straight up. Otherwise I will ascend at a 45 degree angle out over the water.

Standard Action: Command (Via Naberius Vestige) DC 22 Will save or flee on it's next action (assuming it speaks common).
    Last edited by bcool999; 2017-08-08 at 01:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Though the beast is underwater, Justinian's arcing electricity catches the thing completely off-guard and its roar of pain and fury can be heard even under the waves as ripples can be seen emanating from the waters.
    Show
    "YOU SHALL PAY FOR THAT ABOMINATION OF HEAVEN!"

Jormindrill's voice seems to go unheeded by the sea serpent as so much noise as snapping jaws and sinuous muscles leap out of the water to strike at Raphael's hovering figure. Rage seems to lend them strength and ferocity at the cost of its attacks striking wildly at the airborne figure.
    Its body sheds sheets of water as it seeks to ensnare the object of their wrath and drag them down to a watery grave in one quick motion.
    The serpent, now distracted, gives Captain Gregor the time he needs to make a snap judgement.
    "GET THOSE OARS IN THE WATER AND ROW OR I'LL HAVE YOUR HIDES!"
    His threats were rather unnecessary as the oars rattle out and panicked shouts can be heard underneath the deck as the ship slowly accelerates towards the Anchor's Path.
    Spoiler: Actions/Rolls
    Show
    Uhhh... Sorry in advance for what's going to happen.
    Bite: (1d20+19)[22](4d8+34)[55]
    Grapple: (1d20+31)[39]
    Tail slap: (1d20+14)[23](3d6+10)[20]
    Grapple: (1d20+31)[35]
    If successful: (3d6+18)[35]

Ship 50 ft. from the Anchor's Path and 40 ft. away from the serpent.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

22. - Top - End - #112

Leaping into action as the serpent strikes, Kaya swiftly draws her blade and mutters a soft prayer, her eyes burning, her countenance fierce. "Inheritor, bless my blade, that I may protect those in my charge." After a quick gesture and incantation, Kaya vanishes from the deck, and is suddenly swinging her blade at the sea monster mid-air, before vanishing again and returning again the the exact spot she left only seconds before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action to draw her sword, Swift to cast Shield, Standard action to initiate Flicker Strike on the serpent.
    Touch Attack - (1d20+22)[37], Power Attack.
    Damage - (1d6+20)[21].

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Jormindrill

"I don't think he understood us... of course he heard us! I bellowed my lungs out... I suppose so... Oh? Better not be left behind then." Jormindrill mutters as he moves to land back aboard the ship. Though he keeps an eye out for an opportunity to show his displeasure towards the aquatic serpent.

Show
    Move action to land on the boat if it hasn't gotten more than 30ft away from me, Standard action to ready an Eldritch blast on the serpent if it sticks it's snout out of the water.

Spoiler: Readied Blast
    Show
    Ranged Touch: (1d20+15)[24]
    Damage: (8d6+8)[36]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael disappears once again and returns to the deck of the ship watching the battle play out.
    I like the globe warm...

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

As the ship continues its charge towards the Anchor's Path, the serpent flinches as Kaya closes the distance to deliver a swift jab into its snout under the waves.
    "We're almost free lads!"
    It seems to be so as the ship's prow crests over the swiftly moving current that marks the Anchor's path and the wind begins to catch the sails.
    The serpent swims quickly underneath, not giving anyone the chance to fire on it as Captain Gregor shouts out: "BRACE YOURSELVES!"
    Once again the ship is sent careening as the underside is rammed, the ship's boards creaking in protest as sailors grab onto anything they can to keep from falling overboard.

Show
    Bull Rush:(1d20+33)[39] vs. CMD 18 (for every 5 feet intervening distance of the Path and the enemy, +5 CMD. Currently 0 ft. between ship and serpent so no bonus in this case). Path is 40 ft. wide.

Captain Gregor manages to keep the ship from getting thrown out of the Anchor's Path as the winds begin to catch the sails. However, the serpent's menacing form can still be seen lurking just below the surface.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-08-10 at 02:25 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Catching himself as the ship lurches into the Path and any others that might be near to falling overboard, Raphael stands at the rail watching the serpent give chase. "If you refuse to meet head on in combat worm...."

Show
    Casting Hold Monster Will save DC 29
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #117

Kaya only barely manages to keep her feet after the second impact. Kaya scrambles to the aft of the Wavehopper, looking at the serpent over the rails. "It was good to meet you, Leviathanspawn, but I believe it is now time we went our separate ways." She points at the serpent and says an incantation, which causes the serpent to glitter brilliantly under the water.

Show
    Move action to the back of the boat, where she casts Glitterdust, DC 20 to avoid blindness.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

The sea serpent raises itself up, frills outstretched in an imitation of a cobra, and readies to strike before it becomes covered in a burst of glitter and begins to comically sink into the water as if it had become a living statue that some careless child had decided to drop into the tub. Its eyes speak of hate as the besparkled beast sinks beneath the waters and the ships sails catch the safe winds found within the Anchor's Path and leave it far behind.
    Captain Gregor crows in triumph as the ship clears itself from the danger, even going so far as to do a little jig.
    "HA HA! Let's see it catch us now that blithering batch of fish bait!"
    Similar cheers are heard across the deck and sailors thump each other on the back in celebration.
    Erwin, coming up from below decks, doesn't seem to share in the jovial situation. He approaches Kaya and those at the back of the ship, still looking rather tired and perhaps a bit rattled by the situation.
    "If I'd known we'd be beset upon by a beast of the depths, I'd have stayed back home! I'm not being paid nearly enough to do this."
    Captain Gregor interrupts before he can say more.
    "Well it certainly wasn't expected but all we can do is to move on. We'll need to stay in port for some minor repairs when we reach Dorn's Rest. It'll also give us a chance to put our dead to rest."

Spoiler: OOC stuff
    Show
    Successfully escaped the sea serpent.
    Spoiler: For Kaya
    Show
    Erwin is using a Peacekeeper code indicating he has information about the situation.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Spoiler: DC 20
    Show
    One of the sailors seems rather shifty and nervous as they disappear below decks.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It takes Raphael a few minutes to visibly relax from his battle readiness. Deep breaths, a few shudders and then...calm. He turns to listen to the Captain as the fire drains from his eyes, "Are there any wounded, Captain?"

He walks a bit forward from the stern of the ship surveying the damage the serpent did. Shaking his head "My apologies Captain, I had hoped to talk it out of attacking but it claimed to have been summoned here by something."
    I like the globe warm...

30. - Top - End - #120

Justinian

The battle seemingly ended, Justinian returns Rosethorn to the sheathe at his hip. About to join the Captain and Raphael, he spots a sailor acting rather suspiciously out of the corner of his eye. Summoning his pact magic, he disappears from view and stealthily pursues the sailor below decks.

Show
    Using "Fade from Sight" clause - as Invisibility, but lasts until I end it or it's dispelled/broken.
    Stealth check to pursue:(1d20+23)[29] (doesn't include any bonuses from Invisibility).