Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XCVII: Cheerilee's Lonely Hearts Club

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

Spoiler: New EQ Short
    Show
    Okay, if there's no Sunset, then what's the point? She's the big draw to this side series for me!
    Spoiler: EQG Short
    Show
    Agreed, though the twilight one was pretty fun. Since they were sort of focusing on the first movie, it would've been cool to have a more serious short set in between it and rainbow rocks.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Show
    Agreed, though the twilight one was pretty fun. Since they were sort of focusing on the first movie, it would've been cool to have a more serious short set in between it and rainbow rocks.

Suddenly I want cookie dough ice cream.

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #333
    Colossus in the Playground

Show

Suddenly I want cookie dough ice cream.

Spoiler
    Show
    God damn you, now I want some too.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    God damn you, now I want some too.
    Same here! Might go to baskin robbins again for ice cream carton.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

Ice cream?
    Spoiler
    Show

Actually looking at this, quite funny how Rarity seems taken aback but Twilight doesn't even twitch; by now this is just Tuesday for her
    Last edited by Pilum; 2017-08-04 at 02:54 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    Actually looking at this, quite funny how Rarity seems taken aback but Twilight doesn't even twitch; by now this is just Tuesday for her
    Well, it's Friday now, so she's got four days to acclimate.

Neat, looks like the Equestria map got updated to take into account the movie. Nice!
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    Ice cream?
    Spoiler
    Show

And Pinkie just snatched it in mid flight.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Neat, looks like the Equestria map got updated to take into account the movie. Nice!
    Yay. I always loved maps, and I love that the show has made their own, and that it's growing ^^

We still have no idea where Zebras fit in on that map, do we? Any bets whether we'll ever see more zebras? I want more zebras

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Yay. I always loved maps, and I love that the show has made their own, and that it's growing ^^

We still have no idea where Zebras fit in on that map, do we? Any bets whether we'll ever see more zebras? I want more zebras
    Maybe geographically anachronistically, the eastern continent full of jungle on creatures of the savannah.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

10. - Top - End - #340

Seems legit.
    Spoiler
    Show

I worry that zebras are just tossed out as a race and we won't see anything. Seven seasons and not one more zebra since Zecora. :/
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

I worry that zebras are just tossed out as a race and we won't see anything. Seven seasons and not one more zebra since Zecora. :/
    Unless it's Fallout Equestria.
    Speaking of which, played Wasteland 1 or 2 yet?
    Imagine Stable 2 as an HQ of do-gooders patrolling across the wasteland to help folks.
    Just thinking about Buffalo vs. Pony episode after visiting two rival tribes who worship John Henry (yes, the rail worker extraordinaire) and nomadic lifestyles on a train...at least until a railway accident caused a tribal warfare over who done it. Hooffield and McColt might work since the tribes, Topekan and Atchinson, are respectively train engineer and railway maker with skills that would complement with one another.
    Spoiler: Sadly no art of Wasteland pony
    Show

"The Cries Of a Dead World, Calling Out in Pain".
    Last edited by t209; 2017-08-05 at 12:43 AM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I don't see this as a problem. At the moment Zecora is a unique and distinctive character. Introduce more Zebra to the show and she will lose that.

It's like Alicorns. Once rare and mysterious, now you can't throw a brick without hitting a herd of them.

(OK, only 5 so far...)
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I don't see this as a problem. At the moment Zecora is a unique and distinctive character. Introduce more Zebra to the show and she will lose that.

It's like Alicorns. Once rare and mysterious, now you can't throw a brick without hitting a herd of them.

(OK, only 5 so far...)
    While I totally agree about alicorns, I'm not sure it's the same with zebras. Alicorns were special because it seemed that there were only the two of them, and they had a great symbolism with distinct roles in the cosmos, and that's why it was ruined by the addition of more alicorns (who were also more mundane, less mystical). But we've always had reason to believe that there are other zebras out there somewhere that we just haven't seen, and that's never made Zecora any less special. For all we know, she's quite different from other zebras. Seeing other zebras might actually make her seem more unique and distinctive, depending on what they do with it.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am slowly catching up to the forum. These weird release dates are annoying.

Spoiler: S7 E12 Discordant Harmony
    Show
    Average, decent slice of life.

The premise was fairly simple but it worked out okay. The ending was the best part with Fluttershy wanting chaos and then having to try and cause it to save Discord.

This may suggest that there is a way to permanently kill Discord by making everything into Mr. Roger's Neighbohood.

Spoiler: S7E13 The Perfect Pear
    Show
    Another average show.

It seems like the show may be stealing the fadoms ideas now. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Even before the intro, I had a feeling that Granpear was related to the apples. I actually thought they were going to make him the husband of Granny Smith, so at least they didn't go that far.

The Romeo and Juliet story is cliche, but it worked. The apple parents were cute with each other.

The song was nice and sweet. It is easy to imagine a couple of lovers making that up for each other.

The last scene is sweet but doesn't make much sense. In however many years, no pony had wandered to that section of the acres and seen the intertwined trees. And all the trees in the area were nice an healthy with no earth pony magic. And there was an entire orchard of pears growing right next to the apple trees with no upkeep. And Granny smith didn't find and burn down the pear orchard after the pears moved away (although Pear Butter may have stopped her).

They really shouldn't have gone with the hat and ribbon closet joke earlier. We see Applejack's dad with the stetson on. There could have been much more emotional impact if that hat had been passed down to Applejack.

15. - Top - End - #345

While I totally agree about alicorns, I'm not sure it's the same with zebras. Alicorns were special because it seemed that there were only the two of them, and they had a great symbolism with distinct roles in the cosmos, and that's why it was ruined by the addition of more alicorns (who were also more mundane, less mystical). But we've always had reason to believe that there are other zebras out there somewhere that we just haven't seen, and that's never made Zecora any less special. For all we know, she's quite different from other zebras. Seeing other zebras might actually make her seem more unique and distinctive, depending on what they do with it.
    I agree. Twilight I can see going alicorn cause she earned that rank through 2.5 seasons worth, but Cadance and Flurry are pretty much just out of nowhere and don't have any detailed backstory unless you go through the comics and published stories. They don't add much from being alicorns. They could have been real strong unicorns and it would still work (there are spells to make wings, so the whole wife-tossing scene could of still worked ).

On zebras, we've been told Zecora is from a far away land of zebras, but are not told why she in particular traveled so far out and lives in a remote and dangerous place (Everfree Forest). Griffons are from a far away land and we seen lots of them. Dragons and yaks too. Why no zebras yet? It's a question I mustache the show staff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

I have returnethed.

Dare I open my eyeglows?

Also Digo, got your message about the dead guff in the OP; I'll update the template at some conveniant point.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I have returnethed.

Dare I open my eyeglows?
    Why not? There's nothing here can harm you, and anything broken can be fixed expeditiously. Not that anything is.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pie View Post
    Show
    The last scene is sweet but doesn't make much sense. In however many years, no pony had wandered to that section of the acres and seen the intertwined trees. And all the trees in the area were nice an healthy with no earth pony magic. And there was an entire orchard of pears growing right next to the apple trees with no upkeep. And Granny smith didn't find and burn down the pear orchard after the pears moved away (although Pear Butter may have stopped her).
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do have two possible explanations but they're total supposition and probably have a ton of holes in.

It's "at the edge of Sweet Apple Acres", so much on the edge that one side is actually pears. When Grand Pear moves, perhaps Bright Mac and 'Buttercup' keep it as their special, private happy place, or perhaps even ignore it altogether as - understandably - there's a bit too much emotion there. Granny doesn't go out there as she's busy being the family matriarch, leaving the actual planting and bucking to the young 'uns, seeing as they've got all that vim and vigour.

So, first possibility is that, at some point, perhaps on a deathbed, the siblings (well, most likely Big Mac and AJ, AB probably being barely more than a newborn) are told that there's a special tree to remind them of their parents, if they ever feel the need to go look at it. Granny doesn't get told because ... well, we're told why, that she gets "so upset" about Pears, though we now know it's not necessarily all out of residual anger at a 'feud' per se, but at a burning disbelief that Grand Pear could do what he did, and wanting to protect the little ones from it.

Second possibility is similar, but less melodramatic. That perhaps the kids come across this place while exploring the Acres, notice that Mum & Dad's cutie marks are on the rock and there's a weird tree in front of it. They keep it as their special place, not telling Granny because ... well, perhaps they keep it as their thing, but also because, what with Burnt Oak, Mrs Cake and Granny's own reaction at the end, I get a feeling that Granny hasn't really talked about them to a great extent beyond platitudes and eulogies, and probably gets pretty emotional while doing so, so out of a desire to keep her not upset (as they'd also have to mention it being a pear tree) they keep schtum. And after hearing the full story from Mayor Mare, the penny drops and they realise just what that place, and the tree, actually is.

So pure headcanon and guesswork, but it is doable.

19. - Top - End - #349

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I have returnethed.
    Welcome back! We managed not to burn the place down while you were away.

Not that we're any less crazy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm back, having finally watched episodes 12 and 13.
    Spoiler: S7E12
    Show
    Personally I think it's a shame that this episode was overshadowed as much as it was by e13, because I think this might be one of my favorite Discord episodes to date. It was really nice to see that he does honestly care about his friendship with Fluttershy, and it was particularly nice to get a peak into how his thought processes work.
    Also, Flutterchaos is the most adorable form of chaos.

Spoiler: S7E13
    Show
    It's pretty clear that the show put a huge amount of effort into this episode, and I think that's reflected mainly in the dialog. The story itself was really just a Romeo/Juliet retread, but the emotion put into the writing and voice acting elevated it.
    If I had to nitpick one area, though, it's that I would have liked to hear Granny Smith's side of the issue from her own mouth, particularly how the wedding impacted her view/attitude towards Pear Butter and the feud itself.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

(OK, only 5 so far...)
    If you don't count the comics-only characters, or Princess Big Mac, or the alicorn-shaped Tantabus, or the alicorn-shaped Patronus the Rainbooms summoned, or the animation mistakes.

Spoiler: S7 E12 Discordant Harmony
    Show
    This may suggest that there is a way to permanently kill Discord by making everything into Mr. Roger's Neighbohood.
    Spoiler: S7 E12
    Show
    Nah, not really permanently. Antrhopomorphic personifications don't work that way. They might kill this incarnation of discord, but a new demon of raw chaos would soon pop up to replace him.

Show
    Spoiler: S7 E13
    Show
    My explanation is that the area was protected by magic so people couldn't wonder there, perhaps even removed from space-time. Mayor Mare was the keeper of the key for that secret, and until she led the Apples there, nobody, not even Granny Smith, could find the place. Do you remember S5 E19, when Mayor Mare said “Speaking of secrets, have you ever known somepony else's secret? A surprise that was so big and exciting that it was all you could think about?” The secret revealed in that episode wasn't the only one burning her from inside.

22. - Top - End - #352

I'll save you, Luna!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    If you don't count the comics-only characters, or Princess Big Mac, or the alicorn-shaped Tantabus, or the alicorn-shaped Patronus the Rainbooms summoned, or the animation mistakes.
    Princess Big Mac is part of a dream, the Tantabus is a creation of Luna and not an actual pony, and the patronus is from a series not technically part of the pony MLP series.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

So, this week, I have been mostly re-reading Eddings, which always pre-occupies me rather a lot. (I didn't even play much Pokémon while away.) Nearly done with the Tamuli, now.

Nevertheless, the much dreaded-Humorous Pictures will no doubt come soon (I STILL haven't found a suitable replacement foir Photobucket, though.)

Mum's new puppy arrived today. Yay. (I am not a pet person. Like, at ALL.) Well, at least this one is not likely to be as difficult as the last one (a rescue dog); but I did have to spend a small portion of the day making some baseline familiarity, since she will have to get used to the fact that I am in sole charge at times when Mum and Dad go away. (Fortunately, the first such instance will be when they go away - with both dogs - wiht my sister, giving me a week of complete peace and quiet...)

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Princess Big Mac is part of a dream, the Tantabus is a creation of Luna and not an actual pony, and the patronus is from a series not technically part of the pony MLP series.
    EG is part enough of MLP, and it's the best part for all I care, because it's so full of hits. The EG2 film has the My Little Pony logo right there in the opening sequence too. But you could say that the alicorn Patronus doesn't count separately if the alicorn Twilight is already there among the casters. The comics is the only one that clearly shows an additional alicorn.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Oh, ye gods. They're breeding!!!

I don't off-hand recall the ones in the comic line - would you refresh my memory, please?
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh, ye gods. They're breeding!!!
    Quite literally as of s6

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't off-hand recall the ones in the comic line - would you refresh my memory, please?
    Uh… I don't read the comics, so I'm not really familiar with the lore there, except from second hand. I think there were supposed to be some ancient alicorn tribe that died out and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were the last remaining members. Apparently The Journal of the Two Sisters (the book version published in our universe) gives hints for this. That's the most clearly canonical reference to other alicorns, but the later parts of the Alicorns entry on the wikia also tells about other alicorns popping up in comics, though most of them are just errors.

28. - Top - End - #358

Quite literally as of s6
    Yeah, I was about to say.

Now that Ep 13 played, an art of that episode I liked a lot~
    Spoiler: snuggly
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Actually somewhat got caught up with EQG (watched RR, FG and LOE) and I'm really glad I did. I was missing some pretty great stuff, even though the original EQG kinda put me off the idea originally. Gotta find time to watch the shorts, now!

Also, found an old fanfic I'd never heard of, but the premise sounded neat.

Spoiler
    Show

It's called "Bubbles". I couldn't finish it. It was tearing my soul apart via incredible sadness. I got to the part with the hospital and had to close it.

Many tears were shed.

But then I found this, and it made me happy again. Just be careful if you want to look for the guy's other stuff, it's like 90% NSFW.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Derjuin; 2017-08-07 at 08:52 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that Ep 13 played, an art of that episode I liked a lot~
    I'd still like to see fan-art of the double tree. Seen any such?

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Actually somewhat got caught up with EQG (watched RR, FG and LOE) and I'm really glad I did. I was missing some pretty great stuff, even though the original EQG kinda put me off the idea originally. Gotta find time to watch the shorts, now!
    I'm glad you watched them. Would you care to give some details? What did you like or dislike in the films?

The films are better than the shorts though, so don't get disappointed when you watch them.