New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Any info on playing Efreets, either homebrew or official?

I've read most of the Dragon magazine issues for fourth edition and I don't remember anything on Efreets there, so it's more likely to be homebrew than official, but is there anyone who has already made and playtested their own homebrew Efreet race and put it on the internet? The only one I can find from a google search, which I can't post the link to due to my low post count, explicitly states that it's not balanced properly for a regular game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Any info on playing Efreets, either homebrew or official?

Given what efreeti are, no, there are no official PC stats for them, and there's very unlikely to be any homebrew stats - genies are amongst the more powerful cretures in the game, and even in 3.5 there were never any attempts at making them playable.

Is there any particular reason why you want to play an efreet? Could you get the same result by playing a Firesoul Genasi (maybe with Extra Manifestations of Smoke, Cinder, Magma, Ember or Sun) Wild Magic Sorcerer and reflavoring it?
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

World-Building: Malebolge Campaign Setting (5e), Star-Fantasy Campaign Setting (5e)
    Homebrew Material Index: Misty Shadow's Stupid-Huge Homebrew List

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

I've on multiple occasions considered running a very highly Elemental Chaos-centric game in the Epic Tier and I figured that Efreets would be a good race option for interested players for that. It's not something of incredible urgency, though; more of just curiosity and pondering at this stage.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

In my opinion, something like an Efreet is best done as a monster class. Create a simple class+race+pp+ed all in one that fulfills a role. Even roll feats and power selection into your power budget.

Determine optimization level of party, and produce a monster class (with levels) that matches it.

I have done it before with giants (and they started at level 1).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd just go with a lot of fire-themed elemental options and say you're a baby Efreet at 1st level who eventually turns into a full-fledged Primordial as your Epic Destiny.

A Sorcerer or Wizard who takes the Master of Flame Paragon Path+Emergent Primordial Epic Destiny seems to fit the bill. Take a theme such as Elemental Initiate or Firecrafter to have the Elemental Origin regardless of race at 1st level.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

...refluff a dragonborn and take that 'vulnerability to fire' theme?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!