New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Quote Originally Posted by Sean92k View Post
    Me or the rancor?
    best not to dwell on that.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    best not to dwell on that.
    *Grunts* That translates into (You're a meany weeney)
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

What I wanna know is, how come it took till the 20th century to get women (in our country, at any rate) out of skirts and into said tubes of cloth? Do women's legs not get scratched by said thistles?

(Don't make that into something dirty cuz I can see it coming )
    Oww...That's preemptive censorship :p *sigh* Ok, you get brownie points ^^

Not that I've got anything against skirts, mind, I like skirts, but honestly, when you think practically.... *shakes head*
    Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    I always thought kilts had it right...seems like guys would like some more 'freedom' down there than pants offer.
    But thats me.
    You know, I think along the same lines about women who only wear pants (ie, 99%).

You do realize what direction is this taking, don't you? Were talking of getting men to wear skirts when women don't use them so often anymore. :)

I love skirts. I looooooooove skirts and I can't really understand why young beautiful women don't wear them more often. Should I blame feminism? If I was a woman I'd wear skirts all the time (well, it's a big if anyway :p)

No, really, I want a female opinion. Why do you prefer pants to skirts?

Add-Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Wait, you first ask why it took so long for women to get out of skirts, and then wonder why your dad was in a skirt? Something is very odd.
    What I said :s

At any rate, women wearing tight pants look really good.
    That's true too. But I'm kinda used to it. It's more...magic for me to see a young lady wearing a skirt... <3
    ohhhH...And don't get me started on the lastest fashions of wearing a skirt over pants. What's happening to the world? Whoever came up with that idea?

Edit2: I use MSN, count me in for chatting. I thought the majority here used other things. I take AIM means AOL Instant Messenger and it's another client. Never used that. I hate AOL.
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-08-08 at 06:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    I love skirts. I looooooooove skirts and I can't really understand why young beautiful women don't wear them more often. Should I blame feminism? If I was a woman I'd wear skirts all the time (well, it's a big if anyway :p)
    I wore almost exclusively skirts & dresses till I was about twelve. I honestly can't remember my reasoning, just that I preferred them. I reached a point where sometimes I just had to wear jeans, and now I'm at about fifty-fifty.

An interesting note: when I wear a skirt or a dress, adults are more comfortable with me; when I wear jeans, other teenagers like me better. Probably because in the latter I look like "just another teen" and when I'm wearing a long skirt, adults tend to take me more seriously.

I AM that type of person to make my life into one great big social experiment.

5. - Top - End - #545

I take AIM means AOL Instant Messenger and it's another client. Never used that. I hate AOL.
    You dont need Aol to have aim. I dont.
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

Although I don't have AIM, I'm guess they still conform to the AOL catchphrase: "Hello, how may I reformat your PC today?"

7. - Top - End - #547

Although I don't have AIM, I'm guess they still conform to the AOL catchphrase: "Hello, how may I reformat your PC today?"
    It sorta does, but if you click enough 'Declines' it goes away
    Last edited by Sean92k; 2007-08-08 at 07:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Edit2: I use MSN, count me in for chatting. I thought the majority here used other things. I take AIM means AOL Instant Messenger and it's another client. Never used that. I hate AOL.
    Trillian?.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #549
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arent Trills a race on Star Trek?

10. - Top - End - #550

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I think the question you have to ask yourself is....

Was that 5 shots or 6? er... no....

The question is...

How likely is it that the programer who made the multi-service chat client was a Star Trek geek?
    Last edited by Thes Hunter; 2007-08-08 at 07:39 PM.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Trillian
    The Trillain Client

Quote Originally Posted by Thes Hunter View Post
    How likely is it that the programer who made the multi-service chat client was a Star Trek geek?
    Nothing to do with Star Trek

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure. But then again what's the point of using any IM client other than the fact that the people you want to talk with use it?

Oh, and I know you don't need AOL, but it still bears the name and probably gives money to the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Trillian?.
    Yeah, I'd use those kinds of multi-protocol things, but I really don't have any contacts outside MSN. See, everyone uses MSN here. Not that "here" makes much sense in the internet, but well...

Q'd the cute curly girl FT.

Aeddit:*

I wore almost exclusively skirts & dresses till I was about twelve. I honestly can't remember my reasoning, just that I preferred them. I reached a point where sometimes I just had to wear jeans, and now I'm at about fifty-fifty.
    Hmmm...I don't know why I'm thinking young girls tend to use more skirts. The related question would be why this changes when they grow up. It's interesting, you know. Probably has to do with sexuality and projected image (and probably we couldn't talk about it here even in a serious way :s)

An interesting note: when I wear a skirt or a dress, adults are more comfortable with me; when I wear jeans, other teenagers like me better. Probably because in the latter I look like "just another teen" and when I'm wearing a long skirt, adults tend to take me more seriously.

I AM that type of person to make my life into one great big social experiment.
    Hehehe! That's interesting and funny. The skirt as a means of socializing with different age groups :) Social experiments are fun. What is life but a big social experiment? (and as such it might fail)

* I always forget to add something I want to comment on. Also I keep replying to old topics. RB is becoming too fast for me. I'm thinking of hiring a secretary to read it for me and help me keeping up :p
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-08-08 at 07:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

I, apparently until I was nine or ten, would only wear dresses or skirts. I also don't remember why, though. Then I only wore pants/jeans after that for the longest time. I finally bought myself a couple long skirts not to long ago... so I'm sorta back to wearing one when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by FdL
    No, really, I want a female opinion. Why do you prefer pants to skirts?
    A long skirt is more elegant than jeans. Also, part of my brain still thinks (even though I'm not eight years old anymore) that I'm a princess or a fairy queen.
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-08-08 at 07:51 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Trillian
    The Trillain Client

Nothing to do with Star Trek
    OOooooooh I am sooooooo sorry, Yeah, I know how those programmers HATE hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    I, apparently until I was nine or ten, would only wear dresses or skirts. I also don't remember why, though. Then I only wore pants/jeans after that for the longest time. I finally bought myself a couple long skirts not to long ago... so I'm sorta back to wearing one when I can.
    I'm glad I'm not alone.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post

A long skirt is more elegant than jeans. Also, part of my brain still thinks (even though I'm not eight years old anymore) that I'm a princess or a fairy queen.
    And you know? There's nothing wrong with that. That's one of the things I'm referring to when I say skirts are more "magic".
    I don't want to come off as sexist, but for me it's nice to notice the differences between sexes (genders? I never remember), and a skirt is something very feminine.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I wear skirts all the time. Like I will go through phases where I wear them faaar more than jeans, nearly every day at times, and have tons of them.

This boggles my mother's mind.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

I like skirts and look feminine, and yet I'm the least squeamish girl I know when it comes to "gross" things (bugs, etc.) I love smashing stereotypes. It's great fun.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

As a guy, and the essentially one of the oldest of my generation, even in my extended family, my dress-wearing experience is extremely limited.

It was my younger male cousins who received the vast majority of the "dress-up" treatment from my younger-yet-slightly-older-than-they female cousins.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

I recall one instance where my mother forced me to let my little brother wear one of my dresses, because he begged her for HOURS.

on the other hand...reminding him of it is GREAT fun.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

LOL @ Dragonrider

Well now that you mention it, I don't recall ever wearing women's clothes, I mean, not playing as a kid like Korith and DR mention, or even for a costume party or something (which I know friends who have).

Hmmm...I think that seeing myself dressed as a woman could be the most pathetic sight and probably the last one my brain can tolerate before cracking up like an egg.

Edit: Alarra, Ego, DR and the rest: go skirts!!! Yay! ^^
    Unfortunately isolated examples do not solve the mystery that for me it's the non-skirted woman. Is it uncomfortable to wear a skirt, more than pants? Is it the additional attention they might get? Is it the cultural residue of a feminist thing?

Yesterday it was a nice sunny winter day here, and it's a given, girls put on their skirts on days like those. It's like flowers blooming, upside down. <3
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-08-08 at 09:20 PM.

22. - Top - End - #562

Well, I can honestly say that I have never worn women's clothing. Also, I'd have to say that I think girls look cuter when they wear skirts.

23. - Top - End - #563

I'm sorry, Fdl, what is the problem here? People have different fashion ideas. Some like to dress up in beautiful, comfortable skirts, others like to have amazingly uncomfortable pants. It's a personal choice. Don't be judgemental!

Oh by the way, one fashion thing I dislike? The short skirt. Yeah, it's sexy, yes, it makes me excited, and sure, it shows off your legs, but for gods sake, could ya be more blunt?
    Last edited by Cyrano; 2007-08-08 at 09:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564

I recall one instance where my mother forced me to let my little brother wear one of my dresses, because he begged her for HOURS.

on the other hand...reminding him of it is GREAT fun.
    If you have gotten a picture. that'd be gold. serioulsy, if we're talking about bribing...
    Last edited by Madmal; 2007-08-08 at 09:30 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    Oh by the way, one fashion thing I dislike? The short skirt. Yeah, it's sexy, yes, it makes me excited, and sure, it shows off your legs, but for gods sake, could ya be more blunt?

I reply with this tidbit of wisdom:

It's a personal choice. Don't be judgemental!
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-08-08 at 09:32 PM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

26. - Top - End - #566

That was the point.
    The more common statement there is "I see what you did there."

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

...Being judgemental about other people's personal choices is bad? Oh... I've wasted my life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    ...Being judgemental about other people's personal choices is bad? Oh... I've wasted my life...
    And I've wasted my ammo...

I want a new wardrobe. Or, at least a fitted suit.
    Last edited by SDF; 2007-08-08 at 09:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #569

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    It's...frowned upon.
    Of course, absolutely everyone does it. And people make a living off it! They're called critics. So I hardly think it's wasted. Instead, you might be the next Ebert! Or Roeper! Or insert third famous critic!

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

That was the point.
    The more common statement there is "I see what you did there."
    I call Ret-Con !
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?