New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    It's a picture of Ben Brode's computer chair, the chair where he filmed the Ungoro Crater rap song from the last expansion after people petitioned him on Reddit to compensate for the lack of a song accompanying the set. So he's apparently going to give us another song for KotFT.
    Oh. Wasn't even aware the former was a thing. *shrug* Meh, not for me, but guess it's something some people will like.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Spoiler: Meat Wagon
    Show

Epic Neutral Minion 4
    Deathrattle: Summon a minion from your deck with less attack than this minion.
    1/4
    And important detail was left out:
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I think that's excessively pessimistic. That card's only slightly understated and adds a powerful bonus to something Mage will be using a lot anyway - there's definite potential there, I think. More so than any Inspire card I can think of, which tended to be either very understated or not have an immediate enough effect.
    Namely, the potential is in whatever kind of deck that Frost Lich Jaina ends up being in, some kind of long-game Elemental-heavy non-"Freeze Mage" control-ish mage deck (that's heavily dependent on freezing, probably more so than Freeze Mage ever was). If the deck becomes a thing, the card becomes a way to stall out your opponent's offense until they can find 3 damage of reach. Normally, you don't ping big minions unless it helps you remove them right away, but here you can ping the target to delay it for a turn, something no other hero power has been able to really do so far.

Overall, it's a bad 2-drop, but late-game its effect is way better than Fallen Hero's.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

I think people are WAY undervaluing Frost Lich Jaina. Hitting those abilities once you go late lets you both gradually turn any board to your favor and lock out the few serious threats you may face. Especially if you force your enemy to topdeck mode, this makes any small minion go from "distract them for a turn or two" to "do I really want to give them a 3/6 Lifesteal?"

Paired with Nerubian Unraveler and Fallen Apprentice, I think Fatigue Mage might be the new thing. It's the only thing in the vicinity of looking playable that has the tools to stomp on Jade Druid.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2017-07-30 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    I think people are WAY undervaluing Frost Lich Jaina. Hitting those abilities once you go late lets you both gradually turn any board to your favor and lock out the few serious threats you may face. Especially if you force your enemy to topdeck mode, this makes any small minion go from "distract them for a turn or two" to "do I really want to give them a 3/6 Lifesteal?"

Paired with Nerubian Unraveler and Fallen Apprentice, I think Fatigue Mage might be the new thing.
    Nerubian Unraveler and Fallen Apprentice? Why on earth would you run those in that kind of deck? Neither one seems good, and if they ever were to be it would be for something like a tempo deck teching against spell-heavy decks like Discover Mage.

In other words, they're more likely to be a counter to the kind of deck you'd run Frost Lich Jaina in than something that deck would run, if they see play at all.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Nerubian Unraveler and Fallen Apprentice? Why on earth would you run those in that kind of deck? Neither one seems good, and if they ever were to be it would be for something like a tempo deck teching against spell-heavy decks like Discover Mage.

In other words, they're more likely to be a counter to the kind of deck you'd run Frost Lich Jaina in than something that deck would run, if they see play at all.
    Sorry, I realized I wasn't clear and edited in another sentence as you submitted that. Point was that it would give Fatigue Mage the capabilities to step on Jade Druid while being somewhat useful in most other matchups.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2017-07-30 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Sorry, I realized I wasn't clear and edited in another sentence as you submitted that. Point was that it would give Fatigue Mage the capabilities to step on Jade Druid while being somewhat useful in most other matchups.
    I don't see those cards being especially helpful against Jade Druid. They might be a bit of a headache when it's trying to do Gadgetzan turns, but the problem is that in the long run it can't be fatigued and has an endless supply of big minions, not just the Auctioneer. It's not a true combo deck like Auctioneer usually goes in, just one that really likes accelerating its way through its deck.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Necrotic Geist
    Show

Common Neutral Minion 6
    Whenever one of your other minions die, summon a 2/2 Ghoul.
    5/3

Spoiler: Cobalt Scalebane
    Show

Common Neutral Minion 5
    At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +3 attack.
    5/5 Dragon

Edit:
    Spoiler: Gnomish Vampire
    Show

Epic Warlock Minion 2
    Battlecry: Remove the top card from your opponent's deck
    2/3
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2017-07-30 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Edit:
    Show

Epic Warlock Minion 2
    2/3
    Whoa. Stop the presses friend. Am I reading this right? This is the kind of outright card destruction that I'm pretty sure the design team wasn't in favor of.

EDIT: As in, the reason why Hearthstone doesn't have effects that make the opponent discard cards is a matter of design philosophy. If this card is greenlit, we may be seeing a paradigm shift. Or they could just be testing the waters.
    Last edited by Haruspex_Pariah; 2017-07-30 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Elaboration
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Whoa. Stop the presses friend. Am I reading this right? This is the kind of outright card destruction that I'm pretty sure the design team wasn't in favor of.

EDIT: As in, the reason why Hearthstone doesn't have effects that make the opponent discard cards is a matter of design philosophy. If this card is greenlit, we may be seeing a paradigm shift. Or they could just be testing the waters.
    My exact thoughts but I would LOVE for Warlock to have both sides of card destruction covered. Ever since the great card draw mechanics Life Tap and Life as a ressource doesn't cut it. Card destruction would fit the class greatly in its malign intent.

I just hope its play sound is a play on Arcanologist. :D
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-07-30 at 08:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, let's get back on track with these predictions.

Spoiler
    Show

Death stalker rexxar: the hero power is actually a downgrade. Hunter hero power is the best lategame. Don't think it'll see play.
    Chill blade champion: bad.
    Spirit Lash: Good, or at least "has a lot of potential"
    Plague Scientist: bad. Too many requirements for an effect that is worse than Cold blood
    Shallow Gravedigger: meh. Maybe better than loot Hoarder for Nzoth decks
    Prince Keleseth: maybe sees play in quest Hunter, nowhere else IMO.
    Ticking abomination: bad.
    Ice Breaker: trash. Even if they print other good freeze cards, I don't see this being played.
    Prince Taldaram: it's... Not a very strong effect. Not good.
    Mountainfire Armour: "decent", which means no competitive play. But nice card!
    Blood Razor: good! I think we'll see this card. Patron warrior is out of Standard, but maybe we'll get more damaged interactions (and Acolyte Armorsmith etc are still here)
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel: absolutely terrible trash.
    Nerubian Unraveller: even worse than Blood queen
    Professor Putricide: This will follow the trend of Princess huhuran and be bad and see zero play.
    Ghastly Conjurer: probably bad? There's maybe some potential for it, but I'm doubtful.
    Vampiric poison : terrible.
    Sindragosa : good card! I'd say better than Medivh (which is played), so I expect this to see play in control mage.
    Bring It On!: Strong in control warrior, good combo with a bunch of cards. Liking this new design direction with cards like this or Dirty rat.
    Coldwraith: Potentially good, obviously, but the amount of freeze effects you'd need for this to be consistent... Not sure.
    Voodoo Hexer: Bad. Not nearly good enough to enable icebreaker. Both of these cards are the "weak" side to a 2-card combo, and they haven't put in the "good" card yet.
    Bearshark: Actually kind of strong. If it were a 3/4 it would be completely busted just for the Houndmaster synergy
    Hadronox: Probably too slow.
    Abomination Archer: Weaker than Highmane, weaker than Cairne. Not gonna see play.
    Fatespinner: Neat new mechanic, super weak card.
    Bolvar Sick artwork, card is probably weak. Significant stats (and even then, only when supported) but no immediate board impact.
    Light's Sorrow: Needs 2 ticks to become good, i'm not certain it will be strong enough. Obviously trash unless a specific bubble deck exists and is good enough. I don't think this card, by itself, enables the deck (like Drakonid Operative did for Priest, or like Menagerie Warden tried to do for Druid),
    Corpsetaker: I think i'd put him in a Paladin deck with all keywords except for Taunt. In that instance it looks good, otherwise... still decent, but maybe not top tier.
    Bonemare: Significant Arena card, not much else to say. Hilariously enough, it's much better than Don Han'Cho.
    sanguine reveler : adds consistency to zoo, but it's clearly weaker than the 4/4 pterodax. I'm moderately positive about this.
    animated Bersekrer: interesting. Can't say much else about it, as it 100% depends on the deck this will be in. Maybe Sudden Genesis will finally be a thing !
    Howling Commander: In a deck which has only Tirion, this is good. In a deck that has a ton of bubbles... It's essentially a "Battlecry, draw a card", which is kinda unimpressive.
    Moorabi: interesting and fun mechanic, I have serious doubts that freeze shaman will see play.
    Prince Valanar: Uh.. I mean it's fine, but really nothing impressive. I don't think I'd auto include him in all decks even if he had no restriction.
    I guess Quest Hunter will have all 3 princes, the quest, and 26 1-drops?
    Frost Lich jaina : as I said, not impressed. It takes a LOT of time to get going, and it doesn't provide a win condition other than fatigue.
    Cryostasis : other than synergy with the legend, it's... OK? The best use is probably to put it on a Taunter to get some immediate value, but... eh, Feels very slow.
    Dead man's Hand : interesting! Obviously only works in a super controlly warrior, which might or might not be meta.
    Venomstrike trap: solid secret, I'd rank him on par with Cat trick
    Shdowblade: eh, kind of mediocre weapon. Not awful, but nothing to write home about.
    defile: apparently Dreadsteeds are getting nerfed to "deathrattle: summon a steed at the end of turn", but Patrons are getting a hard cap programmed in? In any case, interesting card with a solid power level. I think this will see play. I even think this is better than Demonwrath.
    Eternal Servitude: Resurrect priest never really broke any records, but this card is probably on par in terms of power level. Nothing super strong either way.
    Doomed apprentice: Unless miracle rogue is super hyper mega dominating, I really don't see anyone throwing this card in in the hopes of messing up the enemy curve. Not awful, but not constructed level.
    Spreading Plague: neat idea, card looks too weak
    Snow flipper penguin: I don't see it in a constructed deck, but cute
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post

It's not really a change, because it's not actual discarding.

To wit: the discards they're worried about are when you're discarding cards from your opponent's hand--cards they may have been planning on playing on their next turn, or using in the future. Once a card is in your hand, it's guaranteed safe unless you endanger it otherwise (or Dirty Rat pulls it out, but that's Dirty Rat for ya).

This effect is more like "so you know that card that you were never going to draw? Now we both know what it is". Same as with the Fel Reaver discussion: unless you draw through your entire deck, all cards "discarded" from your deck are functionally the same as cards that you never drew in the first place.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post

This effect is more like "so you know that card that you were never going to draw? Now we both know what it is". Same as with the Fel Reaver discussion: unless you draw through your entire deck, all cards "discarded" from your deck are functionally the same as cards that you never drew in the first place.
    Hmm. I guess you're right about the Fel Reaver comparison, though randomly burning a card from your enemy still seems off to me. But I suppose most games won't get to fatigue.

You could go crazy in Wild with Brann and bounce effects maybe. That might actually be a fun thing to try out.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah I don't really see the difference between discard a random card from your opponent's hand, and what dirty rat does. Both wreck combo decks, and is mostly just an annoyance for anyone else.

On an unrelated note to the new cards, I just had a fantastic game. Was playing my Jade Echos shaman for a quest, and ran into an Amara priest. Very early in the game they pulled off the Mirage Caller on a Shifting Shade, so wound up with a total of 6 shifting shades through the game, thanks to N'zoth.

And yes, she did get N'zoth off. And Amara. The game went to fatigue and control swung back and forth at least 4 times. Amara almost broke my back, not because of the health regain, but simply because I had run out of hard removal and couldn't get anything to stick to the board long enough to clear her off. Wound up getting a 10/10 Storm Lord to stick which finally cleared it off. In the end it came down to us both fatiguing, priest with ~35 health left but no board and 3 cards in hand, and me with ~22 health left and played Aya + Spirit Echoes (catching the 8/8 jade as well as Aya). At that point the Priest finally decided they didn't have enough steam left and conceded, but man games like that make me wish I record when I play.

I actually really wish Blizzard had some sort of functionality to retroactively record a game. Like you finish a game and then press a button saying "Yes I would like a recording of this game, thank you!"
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Necrotic Geist
    Show

Common Neutral Minion 6
    Whenever one of your other minions die, summon a 2/2 Ghoul.
    5/3

Spoiler: Cobalt Scalebane
    Show

Common Neutral Minion 5
    At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +3 attack.
    5/5 Dragon

Edit:
    Show

Epic Warlock Minion 2
    2/3
    Necrotic Geist: Trash. Compare it to Cult Master: for +2 mana, you get +1/+1 and it summons 2/2s instead of drawing cards. That's awful on stats and arguable on whether the effect is better or worse (depends on the situation/decks). Probably a lower pick than Cult Master even in arena, just on the mana cost alone, and definitely won't see constructed play.

Cobalt Scalebane: Nice to see a new Dragon, but probably too vanilla for constructed Dragon decks. Decent to good for arena, though.

Gnomish Vampire: So, unless you get lucky and happen to burn a key card from your opponent's deck, it's a 2 mana 2/3 vanilla. Fine for arena, but not going to see constructed play.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-07-30 at 12:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Yeah I don't really see the difference between discard a random card from your opponent's hand, and what dirty rat does. Both wreck combo decks, and is mostly just an annoyance for anyone else.
    I see you haven't accidentally Dirty Ratted a Bloodsail Corsair or a Bittertide Hydra when playing against a Pirate Warrior...

Edit: Threw a game in arena because instead of killing something with Windfury against Paladin, I Aldor'ed it... then it hit me for 20 in the face because I forgot that Dinosize exists as a card.

This is why I don't play arena =P
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-07-30 at 12:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnomish Vampire doesn't look good. Like, in a control dominated meta (lol), in a class other than warlock, it could work.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Val'kyr Soulclaimer
    Show

Rare Warrior Minion 3
    Whenever this minion survives damage, summon a 2/2 Ghoul.
    1/4

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Rare Warrior Minion 3
    1/4
    ...remember that Warrior 1/3 for 1 that does 1 damage to any minion you play? Yeah, we just a much better reason for that card to exist.

Good card, I think. Definitely arena-worthy, quite possibly constructed-worthy. Not for existing Warrior decks, but I could see this being the kind of card that becomes part of the backbone of a whole new deck.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

So Kripp did some research on freezing your own minions. If you can attack but didn't, it unfreezes at the end of turn. So if you summon a minion and then freeze it, it won't unfreeze until the end of your next turn but if you play a minion and freeze it with out attacking the turn after it unfreezes at the end of your turn.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

...remember that Warrior 1/3 for 1 that does 1 damage to any minion you play? Yeah, we just a much better reason for that card to exist.

Good card, I think. Definitely arena-worthy, quite possibly constructed-worthy. Not for existing Warrior decks, but I could see this being the kind of card that becomes part of the backbone of a whole new deck.
    I feel it's the opposite, actually.
    Definitely not arena worthy, as it needs a lot of activators and setup. Even just one activation is not really enough to make him good (3 mana for a 1/3 and a 2/2? Not impressive).

However, it has some chance to see constructed play.

Btw.. still a bit late on my reviews. Will finish soon.

@Hamste: freezing is really more simple than you'd imagine.
    Look at the text that appears when you hover a card with freeze, it just says "misses its next attack".
    If you play a minion and freeze it immediately, it won't unfreeze at the end of the turn because the freeze hasn't caused it to miss any attack yet.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2017-07-30 at 05:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Stitched Tracker
    Show

Common Hunter Minion 3
    Battlecry: Discover a copy of a minion in your deck.
    2/2

23. - Top - End - #383

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Gnomish Vampire doesn't look good. Like, in a control dominated meta (lol), in a class other than warlock, it could work.
    Gnomish Vampire might unintentionally be the most hilarious card in the expansion due to the reaction it is getting.

For comparison, each card got roughly 100 to 150 comments each on HearthPwn, Gnomish Vampire has, as I'm posting this, 534 comments.
    Apparently this is the card that broke the mind of some players.

Here are some gems:

I honestly hoped deck/hand attacks like this would never make it into HS. Its oficially the worst expansion from my standpoint, even tho i love many other cards this one alone degrades them all.
    guaranteed if anyone is playing warlock this expac every deck will contain at least two of these and every pro player will complain endlessly about it. warlock needed good cards but...not like this
    And it goes on like that for 500+ comments.

Now, this card will most likely see very little play as it only kinda counters combo decks and might be good in control VS control matchups, but it seems way too unreliable. Just milling one random card is not enough. No one really bothers playing mill rogue or mill druid right now after all even if they can burn a lot of your cards.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-30 at 05:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Gnomish Vampire might unintentionally be the most hilarious card in the expansion due to the reaction it is getting.

For comparison, each card got roughly 100 to 150 comments each on HearthPwn, Gnomish Vampire has, as I'm posting this, 534 comments.
    Apparently this is the card that broke the mind of some players.

Here are some gems:

And it goes on like that for 500+ comments.

Now, this card will most likely see very little play as it only kinda counters combo decks and might be good in control VS control matchups, but it seems way too unreliable. Just milling one random card is not enough. No one really bothers playing mill rogue or mill druid right now after all even if they can burn a lot of your cards.

I agree it's hilarious. I think it would be significantly more viable in classes that aren't warlock- warlock seems, if anything, the class that least fits the card in viability terms.
    The reason I say it might be a bit more viable in other classes, (Quite apart from bounce mechanics) is that there several big differences between this and regular milling that might make the difference- You don't have to fill your opponent's hand first, so a) you aren't giving them lots of options to kill you with before the mill comes into effect and b) there's much less counterplay as a result. It also means that it doesn't sit in your own hand as a dead card that you can't even play for the body without advantaging your opponent vs aggro, for example.
    But yeah. Rather academic, because warlock.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

And.. i'm up to date!

Spoiler
    Show

Death stalker rexxar: the hero power is actually a downgrade. Hunter hero power is the best lategame. Don't think it'll see play.
    Chill blade champion: bad.
    Spirit Lash: Good, or at least "has a lot of potential"
    Plague Scientist: bad. Too many requirements for an effect that is worse than Cold blood
    Shallow Gravedigger: meh. Maybe better than loot Hoarder for Nzoth decks
    Prince Keleseth: maybe sees play in quest Hunter, nowhere else IMO.
    Ticking abomination: bad.
    Ice Breaker: trash. Even if they print other good freeze cards, I don't see this being played.
    Prince Taldaram: it's... Not a very strong effect. Not good.
    Mountainfire Armour: "decent", which means no competitive play. But nice card!
    Blood Razor: good! I think we'll see this card. Patron warrior is out of Standard, but maybe we'll get more damaged interactions (and Acolyte Armorsmith etc are still here)
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel: absolutely terrible trash.
    Nerubian Unraveller: even worse than Blood queen
    Professor Putricide: This will follow the trend of Princess huhuran and be bad and see zero play.
    Ghastly Conjurer: probably bad? There's maybe some potential for it, but I'm doubtful.
    Vampiric poison : terrible.
    Sindragosa : good card! I'd say better than Medivh (which is played), so I expect this to see play in control mage.
    Bring It On!: Strong in control warrior, good combo with a bunch of cards. Liking this new design direction with cards like this or Dirty rat.
    Coldwraith: Potentially good, obviously, but the amount of freeze effects you'd need for this to be consistent... Not sure.
    Voodoo Hexer: Bad. Not nearly good enough to enable icebreaker. Both of these cards are the "weak" side to a 2-card combo, and they haven't put in the "good" card yet.
    Bearshark: Actually kind of strong. If it were a 3/4 it would be completely busted just for the Houndmaster synergy
    Hadronox: Probably too slow.
    Abomination Archer: Weaker than Highmane, weaker than Cairne. Not gonna see play.
    Fatespinner: Neat new mechanic, super weak card.
    Bolvar Sick artwork, card is probably weak. Significant stats (and even then, only when supported) but no immediate board impact.
    Light's Sorrow: Needs 2 ticks to become good, i'm not certain it will be strong enough. Obviously trash unless a specific bubble deck exists and is good enough. I don't think this card, by itself, enables the deck (like Drakonid Operative did for Priest, or like Menagerie Warden tried to do for Druid),
    Corpsetaker: I think i'd put him in a Paladin deck with all keywords except for Taunt. In that instance it looks good, otherwise... still decent, but maybe not top tier.
    Bonemare: Significant Arena card, not much else to say. Hilariously enough, it's much better than Don Han'Cho.
    sanguine reveler : adds consistency to zoo, but it's clearly weaker than the 4/4 pterodax. I'm moderately positive about this.
    animated Bersekrer: interesting. Can't say much else about it, as it 100% depends on the deck this will be in. Maybe Sudden Genesis will finally be a thing !
    Howling Commander: In a deck which has only Tirion, this is good. In a deck that has a ton of bubbles... It's essentially a "Battlecry, draw a card", which is kinda unimpressive.
    Moorabi: interesting and fun mechanic, I have serious doubts that freeze shaman will see play.
    Prince Valanar: Uh.. I mean it's fine, but really nothing impressive. I don't think I'd auto include him in all decks even if he had no restriction.
    I guess Quest Hunter will have all 3 princes, the quest, and 26 1-drops?
    Frost Lich jaina : as I said, not impressed. It takes a LOT of time to get going, and it doesn't provide a win condition other than fatigue.
    Cryostasis : other than synergy with the legend, it's... OK? The best use is probably to put it on a Taunter to get some immediate value, but... eh, Feels very slow.
    Dead man's Hand : interesting! Obviously only works in a super controlly warrior, which might or might not be meta.
    Venomstrike trap: solid secret, I'd rank him on par with Cat trick
    Shdowblade: eh, kind of mediocre weapon. Not awful, but nothing to write home about.
    defile: apparently Dreadsteeds are getting nerfed to "deathrattle: summon a steed at the end of turn", but Patrons are getting a hard cap programmed in? In any case, interesting card with a solid power level. I think this will see play. I even think this is better than Demonwrath.
    Eternal Servitude: Resurrect priest never really broke any records, but this card is probably on par in terms of power level. Nothing super strong either way.
    Doomed apprentice: Unless miracle rogue is super hyper mega dominating, I really don't see anyone throwing this card in in the hopes of messing up the enemy curve. Not awful, but not constructed level.
    Spreading Plague: neat idea, card looks too weak
    Snow flipper penguin: I don't see it in a constructed deck, but cute
    Ice Walker: Compared to fallen hero, it's better in the lategame, but it suffers from being pretty much dead weight before turn 7-8ish: 4 mana for a freeze effect is very mediocre.
    Meat Wagon: Super weak. I mean yes, attack buffs into Malygos combo wombo, but seriously, i don't see this seeing any serious play.
    Necrotic Geist: Very weak, even for Arena
    Cobalt Scalebane: Decent arena card, nothing else to say.
    Gnomish Vampire: Super weird. Why mill in warlock? why such a direct mill effect?
    The card is very weak, it just raises a lot of questions.
    Valkyr Soulclaimer: Nice card for enrage warrior. Note that this card needs 2ish activators to become good, as one activation doesn't mean that much value (a 1/3 and a 2/2? Kinda mediocre. I can have Cloaked Huntress or Kabal Talonpriest for that mana cost)
    Stitched Tracker: Choosing the minion definitely has some value. I... kind of feel like i'd prefer to run Tracking than this (especially since it has no beast tag), and Tracking isn't even played...
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

26. - Top - End - #386

Planetar

The problem with the vampire is control warlock already has Jaraxxus to solidify fatigue matchups against priest and warrior, and if I'm teching against freeze mage I'd pick a lot of other cards (Or just not play ctrl warlock) over the Vampire. Decent 2/2/3 for arena though which is good.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Now if it had Lifesteal, or worked as a discover card... (Or synergized with discard...)

Or all three...
    Last edited by Grytorm; 2017-07-30 at 09:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Stitched Tracker
    Show

Common Hunter Minion 3
    Battlecry: Discover a copy of a minion in your deck.
    2/2
    There's the Tutor effect for Yogg and Load XD

Too bad Lock and Load is no longer in standard.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-07-30 at 09:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Rare Warrior Minion 3
    1/4
    Everyone, get back in here! Well, sorta. Since it's not recursive like Patron, it's not nearly as good.

What's scary about this is the potential for Paladin to discover into this, since it's a Warrior card.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Everyone, get back in here! Well, sorta. Since it's not recursive like Patron, it's not nearly as good.

What's scary about this is the potential for Paladin to discover into this, since it's a Warrior card.
    I doubt Paladin will run Grimestreet Informers just for this card (or inversely, Warriors running it just for Spikeridged Steed, to put on this card).