New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I tried secret paladin. I won, but it was very close, so I don't think the deck is especially good. Going to try quest hunter.

Quest Hunter too slow, Grim Patron too likely to fill your board. Token Paladin seems to be the way to go, with a bunch of the dethrattle eggs.
    Patron's actually really strong. Just wait until lil' Rag gets strong enough to clear several minions per round to drop it. I got something like 35 in one game with me as a Patron war and my opponent playing Token Shaman.

That said there's an annoying number of face decks that are just trying to farm out wins. Luckily dropping an early armor smith + anything else usually puts you far enough ahead on health that the face deck just gets worn down by rag and you win by default.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Patron's actually really strong. Just wait until lil' Rag gets strong enough to clear several minions per round to drop it. I got something like 35 in one game with me as a Patron war and my opponent playing Token Shaman.

That said there's an annoying number of face decks that are just trying to farm out wins. Luckily dropping an early armor smith + anything else usually puts you far enough ahead on health that the face deck just gets worn down by rag and you win by default.
    The problem I found is that Rag hits the patrons enough to fill your board, and then doesn't switch to your side of the field.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm finding that Warrior is ridiculously strong at this brawl. Enrage/Taunt setup with Patron and Armorsmith is just overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

So, we've got another round of "how many wins did this arena run get?" I'm mostly curious as to thoughts about what the deck has going for it, and what can be done to replicate similar success.

Spoiler: Valeera Decklist
    Show

Hallucination
    Mistress of Mixtures

Acidic Swamp Ooze
    Bilefin Tidehunter
    Jade Shruiken (x2)
    Jade Swarmer
    Patient Assassin
    Pompous Thespian
    Stubborn Gastropod

Deadly Fork (x2)
    Envenom Weapon
    Jungle Panther
    Mimic Pod
    Toxic Sewer Ooze
    Vicious Fledgeling

Cyclopian Horror
    Gnomish Inventor
    Infested Tauren
    Southsea Squidface
    Spellbreaker
    Tol'vir Stoneshaper

Lotus Agents

Kidnapper
    Nerubian Prophet
    Scaled Nightmare

Sea Giant
    Ultrasaur

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

The problem I found is that Rag hits the patrons enough to fill your board, and then doesn't switch to your side of the field.
    The trick, then, is not to drop Patron when your side is completely empty. Use a disposable, fragile minion (e.g. Patches, a wounded Acolyte of Pain, etc.) to "reserve" a spot for Lil' Rag -- Patrons can't move into a board spot occupied by a 0-health minion, but Ragnaros moves after 0-health minions get cleared out at the end of his fireball spam. Once your board is flooded and Rag makes it back over to your side, it should be smooth sailing.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

RE: The Arena

looks to me like a combination of a strong curve, some fast cards for removal, and no seriously weak links. Probably combined with some good luck, because it might be a little hard to catch up if you ever fell behind.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanish can make rag go to the opponents hand and a new rag will spawn. Had three of the mini rags out at one time using it.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Encountered a strange glitch when facing a Shaman in the Brawl. When he had a healing totem up, his minions had effective immortality against the mini-Rag shots. As in, they could take damage, but hits that would reduce them to 0 just fizzled or something. I am very sure I saw the totem itself take more than two hits only to remain at 1 at the end of turn.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

You can silence Rag with mass dispel. Your opponent gets a 2/3 immortal minion but it no longer shoots or gains attack.

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    You can silence Rag with mass dispel. Your opponent gets a 2/3 immortal minion but it no longer shoots or gains attack.
    That's a fine way to troll someone looking to get the fireworks achievement...

I guess we're testing their systems for them again, huh.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

11. - Top - End - #101

I wish there was some way for the game to systematically detect meta decks.

When I go to play casual, it's because I have a quest that my decks are not suited for, so I threw together something silly. Proceeding to run into 3 pirate warriors, 2 frost mages, and a Midrange Pally over the course of an hour just annoys me and makes me wonder why I didn't just play on ranked to start with.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Corrupting mist kills the Mini-rag from the looks of it but it just respawns with the same attack (or 1 more attack unclear on why it gained 1 attack from when it dies)

Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I wish there was some way for the game to systematically detect meta decks.

When I go to play casual, it's because I have a quest that my decks are not suited for, so I threw together something silly. Proceeding to run into 3 pirate warriors, 2 frost mages, and a Midrange Pally over the course of an hour just annoys me and makes me wonder why I didn't just play on ranked to start with.
    I don't know why anyone bothers with casual, personally. I've never had a good experience there.

If I have bad decks I want to grind, I go Wild. Rank 25 Wild is a higher level than Rank 25 Standard, but not by all that much. You're much more likely to get people with budget decks at the really low ranks of either Standard or Wild.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Can confirm, if you kill mini rag with either doomsayer or corrupting mist. It dies, respawns and gains 1 attack.

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lunix Vandal View Post
    The trick, then, is not to drop Patron when your side is completely empty. Use a disposable, fragile minion (e.g. Patches, a wounded Acolyte of Pain, etc.) to "reserve" a spot for Lil' Rag -- Patrons can't move into a board spot occupied by a 0-health minion, but Ragnaros moves after 0-health minions get cleared out at the end of his fireball spam. Once your board is flooded and Rag makes it back over to your side, it should be smooth sailing.
    If there are seven Patrons on your side but Ragnaros brings one to 0 health, it will move over to your side of the board to replace that Patron.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Typical. I finally get a Legendary from an Arena pack, after they've announced that you will no longer be able to get duplicate legendaries...

...and before that patch goes in, I get the singular Un'goro legendary I already have.

I really do feel like this game hates me sometimes.

17. - Top - End - #107

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Typical. I finally get a Legendary from an Arena pack, after they've announced that you will no longer be able to get duplicate legendaries...

...and before that patch goes in, I get the singular Un'goro legendary I already have.

I really do feel like this game hates me sometimes.
    This is why I am not opening any packs this month. I even bought the low priced promotional ungoro packs, and am holding on to them until August.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

This is why I am not opening any packs this month. I even bought the low priced promotional ungoro packs, and am holding on to them until August.
    Yeah, I'm opening my free Classic pack weekly, but that's it. Saving gold otherwise, and I'm on 2100 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Yeah, I'm opening my free Classic pack weekly, but that's it. Saving gold otherwise, and I'm on 2100 for now.
    Same plan, but only on 900+ gold. Un'goro is a pretty decent set all around, but grinding gold in increments of 100 to buy packs loses it's appeal eventually. It's hoarding time.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

So I'm currently running a paladin arena involving five spikeridged steeds, burnbristle, tarim, and generally far more nonsense than one deck should hold.

After a lot of bad arenas, godmode feels pretty good.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

I just ran into some guy in Arena who had Spider Tank, and other Wild Cards. Probably sucks to be him, waiting that long to play an Arena and running into God Paladin with double Spikeridged and triple Consecration.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Newest Expansion announced: Knights of the Frozen Throne. Each hero gets an undead version, Death Knight version of their hero (replaces your hero portrait, hero power, has a battlecry, and a bit of armor). For example:

New Hunter hero (Deathstalker Rexxar): 6 mana, Battlecry: do 2 damage to all enemy minions, +5 armor and your hero power becomes build a beast (discover two beasts and mash the mana cost, card text, and stats together into one card)

They also have a new keyword: Lifesteal, which is whatever damage you do with this minion, it heals your hero as well. This can also apply to spells.

They also revealed Prince Keleseth (edited):

http://i.imgur.com/D4JgniP.png

2 mana, 2/2, if your deck has no 2 mana cards, give all minions in your deck +1/+1.

Edit: Splash image for the heroes: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEGS_sCUMAAR--W.jpg:large
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-07-06 at 10:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Announcement video for anyone who wants to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhOSqRYg2AA

Looks like deathrattle is making a comeback, which might help the Priest quest out.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Announcement video for anyone who wants to watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhOSqRYg2AA

Looks like deathrattle is making a comeback, which might help the Priest quest out.
    The last time I faced Priest Quest decks, I assure you: they did NOT need helping out. Just....what. Did they somehow get nerfed when I wasn't looking?

also new expansion, yay.

though maybe I'll be able to play Zoolock again.....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

The priest quest is actually considered unviable, if I remember rightly. It's nowhere near a top tier deck. It could be with this.

New Card Reveals:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deathstalker Rexxar: Hunter Hero 6 mana gain 5 armour, 2 damage to all enemy minions, hero power changes to build a beast. This is a really complex card, and I think it's really good. One of the problems Hunter has consistently had is the inability to draw enough cards to keep going. It runs out of gas really fast, and this card changes that - but it's not a card you need to build around. Throw this in any midrange hunter and it'll be good. Seems really strong.
    Shallow Gravedigger: Neutral 3 mana 3/1, deathrattle add a random Deathrattle card to your hand. This is sort of like loot hoarder, and fits the set's Deathrattle sub-theme. Probably not good enough since it's a random effect and not a discover effect, but maybe it finds a use.
    Prince Keleseth: Neutral 2 mana 2/2, battlecry: If your deck has no 2 cost cards, give all minions in your deck +1/+1. This is... probably bad. Buffing stuff in your deck has proven to be consistently bad, and this is a card with sub-par stats for cost AND a conditional on the buff effect. I predict it sees no play.
    Chillblade Champion: Paladin 4 mana 3/2 charge lifesteal. This is comparable to a spell that says 4 mana: deal 3 damage, gain 3 life. There's a few edge cases where it won't be that, but it's that often enough to be terrible. Sees no play.
    Spirit Lash: Priest 2 mana spell. Lifesteal. Deal 1 damage to all minions. It's a whirlwind that heals you, in a class that doesn't want whirlwind effects. Also bad.

@v - I don't know what you're talking about. There's no two L's here.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2017-07-06 at 09:47 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Colossus in the Playground

One L in Keleseth.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Newest Expansion announced: Knights of the Frozen Throne. Each hero gets an undead version, Death Knight version of their hero (replaces your hero portrait, hero power, has a battlecry, and a bit of armor). For example:

New Hunter hero (Deathstalker Rexxar): 6 mana, Battlecry: do 2 damage to all enemy minions, +5 armor and your hero power becomes build a beast (discover two beasts and mash the mana cost, card text, and stats together into one card)
    Huh. So, everybody gets a Jaraxxus, basically. That could be fun. I wonder if that means they have no intention of ever adding the other classes from WoW as actual new classes to the game, though? I believe people have said Death Knight was one of those, right? (I haven't played WoW except for the brief trial period necessary to unlock Liadrin for Hearthstone.)

They also have a new keyword: Lifesteal, which is whatever damage you do with this minion, it heals your hero as well. This can also apply to spells.
    So, Wickerflame Burnbristle's ability. Okay I guess - though looking at the few revealed cards, they may be overvaluing it. Chillblade Champion looks terrible, and Spirit Lash is probably not so good either (too specifically anti-aggro).

They also revealed Prince Kelleseth:

http://i.imgur.com/D4JgniP.png

2 mana, 2/2, if your deck has no 2 mana cards, give all minions in your deck +1/+1.
    Wow, that is blatantly terrible. 2 mana cards are too essential to go without, and by the time you've drawn all of them, there won't be enough of your deck left to get much out of this. Maybe you could get something out of it in a Hemet Jungle Hunter deck, but even that sounds more like a minor gimmick that won't be good enough for constructed.

Re: New deathrattles & Priest Quest - I definitely hope we get enough good new ones to make Priest Quest playable, that would be fun. Shallow Gravedigger strikes me as iffy though - 1 health on 3 mana is just so bad. And yeah, getting a random deathrattle is, well, not as good as it once would have been, to say the least, even if this expansion adds a good number of strong ones.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-07-06 at 09:57 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Huh. So, everybody gets a Jaraxxus, basically. That could be fun. I wonder if that means they have no intention of ever adding the other classes from WoW as actual new classes to the game, though? I believe people have said Death Knight was one of those, right? (I haven't played WoW except for the brief trial period necessary to unlock Liadrin for Hearthstone.)
    Yup. Death Knight and Monk are the classes that were added later. This is probably the closest we'll ever get to Death Knights in Hearthstone.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I guess the "Hero" cards can't get yanked by Dirty Rat, since they're a new type of card.

Not really much to go on right now. Deathrattles have been done before. Lifesteal is an old concept given a keyword. Even hero cards are Jaraxxus.

But we haven't seen much.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    and Spirit Lash is probably not so good either (too specifically anti-aggro).
    It's also an AoE ping on a class where the next cheapest AoE damage spell is at 5 mana. Amazing? No, but it's a tech card to help Priests hold Pirate Warriors and basically any Paladins at bay.