New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Druid has weak card draw but it does have ramp. You can get the mana needed to drop a couple of jades in succession earlier than other classes (though admittedly, moreso before Innervate was downgraded to being a coin.)

I agree it screws Shaman though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like the game, but don't want like getting deck recipes from the internet, so my results are mediocre at best.

3. - Top - End - #1263

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    I like the game, but don't want like getting deck recipes from the internet, so my results are mediocre at best.
    Play Arena, no netdecks there.

Brawl also often doesn't give you much choice in deckbuilding, though sometimes it does.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

Grimy goons is a flawed mechanic for many reasons, mainly that it forces you to play a tempo deck that shoots itself in the foot by paying the tempo "price" at the beginning, like a reverse overload.

When you're behind on board, just summoning piles of stats does not save you.

My "fix" would be to give a comeback mechanics attached to handbuffs.
    To put it simply, Sergeant Sally, but with Battlecry (obviously would need balancing).
    Or cards with "Battlecry: If this minion has x or more attack, yyy".

As for Jades, i think they're fine. They just gave Druid too much stuff.
    Maybe Jade Idol to 2 mana? Hall of Fame the Auctioneer?

Or if you need to substantially change the mechanic... "You can only have one Jade Golem on the field"?
    This way, your entire gameplan is not "summon as many jades as possible".
    With this change, you wouldn't necessarily need to summon jades every turn, which means you could devote less deck slots to jade cards and put more interesting stuff in to customise your deck more.

as for the Kabal.. well, they don't have a mechanic, since their mechanic (something about turning your mana crystals red) was scrapped completely, and they just put these "potions" and "singleton decks" ideas as placeholder "identity" for the Kabal.
    So again, not much to say
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Or if you need to substantially change the mechanic... "You can only have one Jade Golem on the field"?
    This way, your entire gameplan is not "summon as many jades as possible".
    They were obviously going for a terracotta army aesthetic. Not so much an army when you only have one soldier, right?

Maybe make Jades summon several 1/1 minions? Or progress them 1/2 -> 2/2 -> 2/3 and so on?

6. - Top - End - #1266

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Or progress them 1/2 -> 2/2 -> 2/3 and so on?
    I like this idea too. Halves their progression but every jade card still gets you some value.

In keeping with the Terra Cotta theme, maybe buff the power first? 1/1 -> 2/1 -> 2/2 -> 3/2 etc. Makes them slightly easier for control decks to clear the board as well, but they are slightly more dangerous if not dealt with than the other option (though not as dangerous as they are now.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    I can see some use for some Dopplegangster / Saronite Chain Gang Handbuff Paladin synergy, but that's only because I'm poor and in a "play the hand you're dealt" mindset, but I acknowledge he's pretty bad.
    Right, but the reason Honcho's pretty bad is that he hits only one target with his buff, which makes it very hard to get the incredible value of a Dopplegangster or Chain Gang with him. Really, that's a big part of why Paladin is the only version of handbuff that has ever kinda-sorta worked: buffing everything indiscriminately is just so much better than buffing one thing at random, because it's reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A way to slow Jade down would be to only increase them when you get more than one out in the same turn. So the first one summoned each turn would not buff them, and they'd also delay playing the first one to only when they can play at least two, and only play Aya on a turn when they can summon another one alongside her since her deathrattle will also be on a separate turn etc.

Coding it would be easy because they already use that same code for "Combo" cards, it would just be "Combos with other Jade Idols" instead of "combos with everything."
    Yeah, that would make Jade unplayable, in every class, with the possible exception of specifically a Druid deck focused solely on Idol. I mean, overall any Jade deck without Idol suddenly has only maybe half the potential that it does now, and it's not like non-Druid Jade is a big thing at the moment (Shaman runs some of it, but mainly because Claws are so good). Even Rogue, which has the cheapest Jade cards, would be undermined because of Swarmer being a deathrattle, so they might get popped on the enemy's turn by an AoE and not work. Suddenly Jade Spirit becomes a late-game card you're never fine dropping before turn 6; Aya, Chieftan, and Behemoth become too expensive and probably get dropped from any Jade deck because playing them with another Jade card becomes clunky and unlikely to happen often; Aya in general becomes a lot worse because her deathrattle becomes crap, since she lacks stealth to keep the opponent from just killing her on their turn; and even the cheaper Jade cards that are easier to play alongside others start to look more questionable without the promise of future gains.

I honestly think Druid using exactly Idol plus Auctioneer/UI would be the one Jade to survive a change like that. Maybe it'd still run Blossom, but that's about it I think. And maybe Token/Evolve Shaman would still run claws, but just because even the token 1/1 is valuable enough to them with how that deck works.

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    I've never understood that mindset. Why not take advantage of what other people know about the game, including what works and what doesn't? That's all it is to use online deck lists - over time people spread the ones that work, and reject the ones that don't. It's like refusing to take advice from people that will freely offer it.

Agreed, there's nothing wrong with Jade at all. There was something very wrong with Druid when KFT released, but that was with all Druid decks, not just Jade. And arguably the nerfs they did addressed it, since it's no longer the dominant class. And with the next expansion being the last one during which Jade will be in standard, I think it's safe to say they likely won't be doing any nerfs to Jade, ever.

That said, despite my dislike of the Hall of Fame, I do think they may, and should, move the Auctioneer there next rotation. He's been a constant issue popping up when strong cheap spells are printed, and keeps enabling Rogue to constantly go back to the same deck, Miracle. Hell, that's been the only competitive Rogue deck for most of Hearthstone's history. He's a textbook case of the sort of design space limiting card they've pointed to when arguing for past nerfs and the Hall of Fame, more so I think than many things they've actually nerfed/HoFed.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #1268

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Yeah, that would make Jade unplayable, in every class, with the possible exception of specifically a Druid deck focused solely on Idol.
    It's either unplayable or it consumes the meta. Can't win.

What do you think of Sporegg's suggestion at least?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

It's either unplayable or it consumes the meta. Can't win.
    It's doing neither right now. It's done neither for most of its existence, in fact. It's pretty much always been good, but only crossed into "consuming the meta" territory in early Frozen Throne - and that was Druid in general, not Jade specifically.

What do you think of Sporegg's suggestion at least?
    Better, but still would likely achieve a similar effect - only the best Jade cards are actually decent before they start summoning at least 3/3s. Under that progression, maybe they start to become decent at 2/3s, at the earliest, and some are definitely waiting longer (Chieftan or Behemoth, for instance). And still totally unnecessary, because Jade is fine.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #1270

It's doing neither right now. It's done neither for most of its existence, in fact. It's pretty much always been good, but only crossed into "consuming the meta" territory in early Frozen Throne - and that was Druid in general, not Jade specifically.
    If you say so. I don't play ladder myself, so I can only go on what the people who do are saying; just know that there seem to be plenty of viewpoints in opposition to yours. When I see notables like Amaz, DT and Kripp openly theorizing on ways to nerf Jade, I can only presume there is a problem.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Remember my charge-buff Paladin deck? Here's what it's like now:

2x Blessing of Might(+3 Attack for 1 mana is a Godsend with Chillblade, okay? Over half the deck is 4 or more mana...)
    2x Stubborn Gastropod (Humility isn't doing enough for me before turn 5-7, when I get BoK onto something decent)
    2x Argent Protector(it's unbelievably better than Hand of Protection, with the 2/2 for 2 body attached)
    2x Fallen Sun Cleric(Cheap buff. Vital for getting a turn six Chillblade able to survive whacking a 3-attack enemy)
    2x Grimestreet Outfitter(Hand buff is nice value when you rarely actually play a minion before turn 5)
    2x Ironfur Grizzly(decent body for buffs, has Taunt. Turn 3, too, so it's something to play early)
    2x Blessing of Kings(Good for turn 5/6 to get one of my 4-mana Charges into proper beatstick condition)
    2x Chillblade Champion(with this much buffing, it's like a strictly superior Holy Light. Because it also kills things)
    2x Concecration(Frequently used to clear the result of four unopposed turns of board building)
    2x Defender of Argus(Got a highrolly Rogue legendary to Dust. Gives a Taunt source that works well with buffs)
    2x Hammer of Wrath(Literally the only card draw I have. Auctioneer is a tempting craft subject because of this)
    2x Stormwind Knight(Bait for Chillblade, taunt buff bait and reliable way to have a BoK target turn five)
    2x Truesilver Champion(...removal. That's really it. Health's sometimes a significant bonus)
    2x Corpse Raiser(Fun fact: resummoned minions can attack again if they have Charge, and lose Silence)
    2x Bonemare(Another BoK+Taunt on a decent late-game body. Sadly cannot be played same turn as the Charges)

Yes, over half the deck is four mana. This is a problem. Any suggestions for lower-cost alternatives? Grimestreet Outfitter is rarely worse than Smuggling Run, and having a body to buff is important for turn 3 and 4 for the deck. A low-cost minion is also important. Abusive Sargent is often as useful as Blessing of Might, given the use as removal with a Charge minion, but lacks the use of being bait for Silences to eat that up for BoK and Bonemare buffing. Also baiting removal.

I'm wondering if I should grab Young Dragonhawk or Thrallmar Farseer as buff targets, as Windfury is probably the single best keyword to add to the deck because two attacks a turn. No idea what to replace, though... Raging Worgen works better in a Warrior deck due to activators. Which I actually have quite a few of, but I lack the good on-damage effects because I dump everything into Paladin and Druid. Anything above 3 mana has the problem of not being able to be played same turn with Bonemare(Aldor Peacekeeper or Acolyte of Pain is probably the shoe-in, here), although that really shouldn't matter turn 10 with the lack of card draw and reliance on multiple card combos.

I have a few ideas for solving the problem with running out of cards so fast after turn 4, when I can actually start playing things. Acolyte of Pain is the most obvious one, with the available buffs making it possible to extent the usefulness of it. Might even get away with swapping Blessing of Might for Divine Strength, with that, though +3 Attack is really good for forcing resources out of enemies. Cult Master combined with some means of token generation(or getting Silvermoon Portal) also works, while Holy Wrath would frequently be better than Hammer of Wrath and Ivory Knight can generate some crazy value(Witness the power of the Dinosized Chillblade Champion! Or Lay on Hands in a "combo" Paladin...)

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Firbolg in the Playground

If you say so. I don't play ladder myself, so I can only go on what the people who do are saying; just know that there seem to be plenty of viewpoints in opposition to yours. When I see notables like Amaz, DT and Kripp openly theorizing on ways to nerf Jade, I can only presume there is a problem.
    Even if it is a problem, it's a problem that will solve itself within the next 6 months, so any theorizing about how to nerf it at this point is a waste. That said, I've never been above wasting time.

Druid is the only class where Jade has ever become a major problem. Jade Rogue literally never took off, and Jade does see play in Shaman, but it's more of a side package, you never hear anyone complaining about getting wrecked by 12/12 jades in shaman. In fact I would strongly suspect Shaman is how the devs really wanted Jade to play overall. That suggests to me that any changes to the overall Jade mechanics would be overkill, and any changes should be targeting Druid Jade cards specifically.

So that in mind, I would make two changes:
    1) Increase the mana cost of Jade Idol to 2. Every time you shuffle, the cost of all Jade Idols in your deck are doubled. So you can use Jade Idol as immediate tempo/value, or you can shuffle for more value, but much weaker tempo, later.
    2) Some slight nerf to Jade Behemoth. I would lean towards removing taunt, or if the taunt has to stay, raise the mana cost.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Even if it is a problem, it's a problem that will solve itself within the next 6 months, so any theorizing about how to nerf it at this point is a waste. That said, I've never been above wasting time.

Druid is the only class where Jade has ever become a major problem. Jade Rogue literally never took off, and Jade does see play in Shaman, but it's more of a side package, you never hear anyone complaining about getting wrecked by 12/12 jades in shaman. In fact I would strongly suspect Shaman is how the devs really wanted Jade to play overall. That suggests to me that any changes to the overall Jade mechanics would be overkill, and any changes should be targeting Druid Jade cards specifically.

1) Increase the mana cost of Jade Idol to 2. Every time you shuffle, the cost of all Jade Idols in your deck are doubled. So you can use Jade Idol as immediate tempo/value, or you can shuffle for more value, but much weaker tempo, later.
    2) Some slight nerf to Jade Behemoth. I would lean towards removing taunt, or if the taunt has to stay, raise the mana cost.
    Or, instead of gutting the archetype by killing a vital card, remove the problematic function. You know, the endless increase in power? Cut that from the default and move some of the things to giving keywords. Then Jade Idol just needs to grant no improvement to the Golems.

It's more intensive, yes, but more interesting because it means that underperforming Jade cards can be made into actual options. Jade Swarmer being a Deathrattle stops being an issue for Jade Rogue(who would otherwise "suffer" from the issue of having piles of return-to-hand and no class-specific Jade Battlecry) if it adds Stealth to all future Jade Golems.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

Grimy goons is a flawed mechanic for many reasons, mainly that it forces you to play a tempo deck that shoots itself in the foot by paying the tempo "price" at the beginning, like a reverse overload.

When you're behind on board, just summoning piles of stats does not save you.
    This was actually the primary weakness of Jade Druid before Knights of the Frozen Throne. Then Spreading Plague made it possible for Jade Druid to stall long enough.

I play a lot of Jade Druid and my big swing turns are when I Spreading Plague a board with 4 minions then MC Tech or Swipe. This usually gives me 2 turns to develop more Jades behind it.

Jade Druid doesn't use Auctioneer anymore since Ultimate Infestation was printed. The two decks that currently use Auctioneer are Miracle Rogue (overall worse than Tempo Rogue) and some variations of Razakus Priest.

Also, I'd find it hilarious if Jade Idol is moved to 2 mana and negating the purpose of Geist.

One thing about the Druid Jade cards are that Jades are valued at 2 mana for neutrals, but only one mana for class cards. The Druid cards are the most powerful with a 1 mana summon a big dude (or 1 mana 1/1 which you can start the game playing) and a ramp card, especially good with the card draw at 10 mana. Hitting Jade Idol or Jade Blossom would do a lot to make Jade Druid less powerful, although overall it seems fine.

Playrate of Jade Druid is pretty down; I very rarely get mirror matches anymore. It feels like I queue into a lot of Tempo Rogue and Zoo Warlock (although VS Reaper has Jade Druid as the 2nd most popular deck at 10% of the decks played). Win rate wise, Jade Druid is the worst of the three meta Druid decks (Big Druid, Aggro Druid, and Jade Druid).

So, no, Jade Druid isn't a problem and in 6 months it'll rotate and Wild has much stronger decks.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-11-08 at 02:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275

Play Arena, no netdecks there.

Brawl also often doesn't give you much choice in deckbuilding, though sometimes it does.
    I also seem to be a weak player in general, despite my supposed intelligence.

In other news, today's brawl reward pack gave me a golden lorewalker cho I don't know how to feel about it

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Righteous Defender and Cobalt Scalebane in, Corpseraiser and Hammer of Wrath out.

Better and more complete suggestion when i have the time :)
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

As a Paladin you need to abuse the Murloc synergy partially. Buff cards are generally terrible. I would use that instead.

Spoiler
    Show
    ### Custom Paladin
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 2x (1) Argent Squire
    # 2x (1) Grimscale Chum
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (1) Vilefin Inquisitor
    # 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
    # 2x (2) Hydrologist
    # 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
    # 2x (3) Rallying Blade
    # 2x (3) Scarlet Crusader
    # 1x (3) Wickerflame Burnbristle
    # 1x (4) Blessing of Kings
    # 2x (4) Chillblade Champion
    # 1x (4) Consecration
    # 2x (4) Corpsetaker
    # 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
    # 2x (5) Grimestreet Enforcer
    # 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
    #
    AAECAYsWBNwDrwe8vQK5wQINggX1Bc8G+wzTqgLZrgKVvALTvA L3vAKzwQLjywL30AKW6AIA

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Righteous Defender and Cobalt Scalebane in, Corpseraiser and Hammer of Wrath out.

Better and more complete suggestion when i have the time :)
    Corpseraiser works better in this deck because of how important buff targets are, and Scalebane is too open to removal to really hold down the same value as making any minion I have out significantly more sticky. I've won before purely because of Corpseraiser's buff denying a board clear so I keep a buff target for the next turn.

As for Hammer of Wrath... I need the draw power. I'm honestly tempted to dust my Druid DK to replace the Hammers with Lay on Hands so that I have something for escaping topdeck mode. Also, I actually can end up with the eight health being useful due to relying on Chillblade to escape lethal. Which often works because of six or seven damage and equal healing with no response time being actually good value. Leaving me with a 7/6(or 6/2) that heals for damage dealt when attacked makes it even better. 14 health easily.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

That seems like a very silly thing for them to be doing when Tempo Rogue and Raza Priest are the top of the meta, I have to say.

Uh, some basic math here - without a cap on that, suddenly you can never shuffle more than twice, because the Idols will become unplayable if you do. The first ones shuffled already cost 4, and the second cost 8. That kind of defeats the point of the card being able to generate infinite value in the super-endgame. That strikes me as serious overkill.

Really, Behemoth? Why? That strikes me as the weakest of Druid's Jade cards.

Really, I think if you wanted to weaken Jade Druid (which I don't agree should be done, but for the sake of argument let's ignore that for now) but not kill it, the things to target are the crazy card draw that lets Druid get to that super-endgame period where their Idols are dropping infinite value quicker: Ultimate Infestation and Gadgetzan Auctioneer (which would certainly take back over if UI were nerfed enough). Those are what let the deck do its strongest plays when you get right down to it - otherwise it's only getting to the point of dropping its infinite game-ending Jade army much later.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Uh, some basic math here - without a cap on that, suddenly you can never shuffle more than twice, because the Idols will become unplayable if you do. The first ones shuffled already cost 4, and the second cost 8. That kind of defeats the point of the card being able to generate infinite value in the super-endgame. That strikes me as serious overkill.
    Aye. Even just doubling the Jade Idols once (to a static cost of 2) greatly hinders the card's value. It's no longer viable as a 1-mana tempo play (either on turn 1 or on a later turn when you'd otherwise float a mana), and it significantly slows down the attrition rate when the Druid gets to the point where they have a lot of Idols to throw down since you can't combo it with as many things any more. Even the basic Gadgetzan Auctioneer combo grinds to a halt since you can only drop two more Idols on the same turn as the Auctioneer (unless you use two Innervates, if they even still make the cut in your version of the deck), and you can't throw in an Earthen Scales or something to keep the combo flowing.

2x Blessing of Might(+3 Attack for 1 mana is a Godsend with Chillblade, okay? Over half the deck is 4 or more mana...)
    2x Stubborn Gastropod (Humility isn't doing enough for me before turn 5-7, when I get BoK onto something decent)
    2x Argent Protector(it's unbelievably better than Hand of Protection, with the 2/2 for 2 body attached)
    2x Fallen Sun Cleric(Cheap buff. Vital for getting a turn six Chillblade able to survive whacking a 3-attack enemy)
    2x Grimestreet Outfitter(Hand buff is nice value when you rarely actually play a minion before turn 5)
    2x Ironfur Grizzly(decent body for buffs, has Taunt. Turn 3, too, so it's something to play early)
    2x Blessing of Kings(Good for turn 5/6 to get one of my 4-mana Charges into proper beatstick condition)
    2x Chillblade Champion(with this much buffing, it's like a strictly superior Holy Light. Because it also kills things)
    2x Concecration(Frequently used to clear the result of four unopposed turns of board building)
    2x Defender of Argus(Got a highrolly Rogue legendary to Dust. Gives a Taunt source that works well with buffs)
    2x Hammer of Wrath(Literally the only card draw I have. Auctioneer is a tempting craft subject because of this)
    2x Stormwind Knight(Bait for Chillblade, taunt buff bait and reliable way to have a BoK target turn five)
    2x Truesilver Champion(...removal. That's really it. Health's sometimes a significant bonus)
    2x Corpse Raiser(Fun fact: resummoned minions can attack again if they have Charge, and lose Silence)
    2x Bonemare(Another BoK+Taunt on a decent late-game body. Sadly cannot be played same turn as the Charges)
    Have you considered Pirates? Southsea Deckhand and Patches can slide into a curve very easily and offer small chargers that can be buffed if/when they survive.

Rallying Blade offers you a 3-mana weapon, often more important than the extra attack of the slower Truesilver Champion.

Righteous Defender is weak on its own, but it's a cheap little taunt that can eat a lot of damage when put in the right place thanks to its Divine Shield.

A more aggressive curve would support Divine Favor, if you aren't at the point where most of your matches are against other early game decks.

21. - Top - End - #1281

I've been trying to fit prince buffin into a pal deck, but the loss of equality hurts me a lot

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

If I worked at Blizzard and was a time traveler, I would think of making Jade Idol into 1 Mana choose one; summon a Jade Golem or give your Jade Golems +1/+1 and shuffle Jade Idol into your deck.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    If I worked at Blizzard and was a time traveler, I would think of making Jade Idol into 1 Mana choose one; summon a Jade Golem or give your Jade Golems +1/+1 and shuffle Jade Idol into your deck.

Behold the rage of the Firelands!

*groar* *groar* *groar* *groar* *groar* *fwip* *fwip* *fwip* *fwip* *shuffley*

...Smart moves. I concede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    The rework of all the Jade Golem stuff I did has the choice be between summoning a Golem or adding a copy to your hand and deck. With the baseline mechanic not including the bonus so that there's room for stuff like Jade Swarmer's Deathrattle giving Stealth to all current and future Jade Golems. And Jade Chieftain giving Taunt to all current and future Jade Golems...

Edit: Also, Jade Spirit is +1 Health to Jade Golems. The attack boosts are found on one card of each class(Shuriken for Rogue, Lightning for Shaman and Blossom for Druid) and Aya. Druid lacks a keyword addition, instead having Jade Behemoth duplicate every buff found on existing Jade Golems as a Battlecry. So your Marks and other buffs get copied onto the elephant, shifting it to a partial finisher instead of just another Jade card.

E2: This alteration means that you can cycle Idols for Auctioneer for as long as you have mana, yes, but reduces the value against Dead Man's Hand Warrior and Mill Rogue because you only add one to your deck. And yes, it becomes utterly insane with Fandral. But you don't get bonuses from it and have a maximum of +5/+5 if you don't have Brewmasters to cycle.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2017-11-10 at 03:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1285

Btw, Druid is the obvious choice for this week's brawl, incase it wasn't obvious.

The surprise star of the show is Pilfered Power, which regularly drops for 3+ mana on t2-3.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-11-10 at 03:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    Btw, Druid is the obvious choice for this week's brawl, incase it wasn't obvious.
    No, it's actually Quest Mage. Because Quest Mage generates bundles of spells, straight to hand.

27. - Top - End - #1287

I used a janky Inner Fire Priest to beat it - turning all of my removal into 2-for-1 swings. Lyra would be insanely good in this brawl too.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Firbolg in the Playground

I used a janky Inner Fire Priest to beat it - turning all of my removal into 2-for-1 swings. Lyra would be insanely good in this brawl too.
    I went along these lines. I skipped the inner fire combo, but I did control priest with Lyra, radiant elemental, and Cho as my only minions. Between efficient removal and thought steal turning into ridiculous amounts of value, it was a pretty easy win.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

I was playing a budget Evolve Shaman. Came up against a Warlock.

Turn 3, Coin + Barnes. Into 1/1 Y'Shaarj.

Into... actual Y'Shaarj.

Oh. Well, I had no removal in hand, but luckily I run Devlove! Haha! Say goodbye to your turn 3 10-mana minions! Now you only get turn 3 9-mana minions.

Which turn out to be... double Blood of the Ancient One. Which, of course, I can't deal with either.

I mean, I think it fits into a highlight reel.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2017-11-10 at 05:34 PM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    I was playing a budget Evolve Shaman. Came up against a Warlock.

Turn 3, Coin + Barnes. Into 1/1 Y'Shaarj.

Into... actual Y'Shaarj.

Oh. Well, I had no removal in hand, but luckily I run Devlove! Haha! Say goodbye to your turn 3 10-mana minions! Now you only get turn 3 9-mana minions.

Which turn out to be... double Blood of the Ancient One. Which, of course, I can't deal with either.

I mean, I think it fits into a highlight reel.
    Ah, Renouncewinlock the most hilarious of decks. It is usually so terrible but when it works it is so funny. For future reference if you can't kill the 1/1 don't devolve and hope they don't have renounce darkness as the deck only runs 2 minions.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show