New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Oh, and played the Brawl the other night, after a friend of mine challenged me to bring a deck against his (unknown) deck. I threw together a quick Zoolock, tried some games out against randos, and refined the deck. Pitted it against his...Amara Priest. It was actually really tight. Deathrattles become much better when they have charge, allowing you to proactively get value off of them, and Amara as an 8/8 charger that also puts you out of reach of burst...is pretty scary!

I won a Bo5 3-2, and it was a good time overall. Pterrordax was my MVP, because it immediately adapts for very bursty value, like attack + windfury for 14 damage to face. Second place was PO + Void Terror, basically my Exodia. Things like double PO on some 2/2s to get 6/6s, hit for 12, Void Terror them both and hit for 15. Never got a double Void Terror, sadly.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like Kolento was a decent choice for the pick a champion thing. He went to the finals, and I got four packs out of it. Too bad he didn't win, I might have got more.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Looks like Kolento was a decent choice for the pick a champion thing. He went to the finals, and I got four packs out of it. Too bad he didn't win, I might have got more.
    Apparently the winner got 4 packs for everyone as well, I had a friend who bet on him and was complaining about it. So you did pretty good.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I got 3 from my guy. I can't remember who that was, but i guess I picked right.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

I picked Hoej on a whim, so 4 packs for me. However, I'm annoyed that I have to wait until the new expansion for the new card pack rules to kick in.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    4 packs is max; Hoej didn't get an extra pack.

As someone who picked Muzzy, who won a series but still only got one pack, I'm a tad salty.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Colossus in the Playground

Nice! I got four packs. I don't even remember who I picked, but definitely four packs.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    4 packs is max; Hoej didn't get an extra pack.

As someone who picked Muzzy, who won a series but still only got one pack, I'm a tad salty.
    I picked Muzzy as well. In fact, I've gotten a single pack from the last three of these.

Next time, I'm picking strategically. Whoever I don't want to win is getting my vote. I'll still only get a single pack, but at least I'll torpedo their chances with my horrible luck.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

My score is 1 (picking Thjis), 4 (picking frozen), 2 (don't remember who I picked).

So... Maybe average.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

I think I've gotten 4, 3 and 2 from those, so a little above average?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I got two packs from this round, but I can't remember who I picked. I guess I was pretty much closing my eyes and throwing darts.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Did....did Quest Rogue hold the metagame together? Because ever since the nerf, it has been Jade Druid after Jade Druid.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Did....did Quest Rogue hold the metagame together? Because ever since the nerf, it has been Jade Druid after Jade Druid.
    It's a response to the reaction against quest rogue leaving. People were like "yay, the aggro is gone!" so they all pulled out their control decks. Which lose to Jade. Jade was also able to tech out the tar creepers due to loss of aggro in the meta, further improving its match against other control decks with an extra card or two.

So, what to do? Well, try pirate warrior, it's still a great aggro deck and I don't see a lot of Golakka Crawlers right now. I'd also suggest Murloc Paladin, aggressive hunter, or one of the bloodlust shaman variants, all of which can roll over a jade player before they stabilize.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

The Fire Festival has ended; there goes your double gold.

However, the Frost Festival has begun, which means a free arena ticket for everyone! Plus you get a quest for a free pack if you play 3 arena games.

Looks like I'm dusting off my Wild Arena run ;_;

The Tavern Brawl is pre-constructed decks for either Mage or Paladin. There are 1/4 Ragnaros dummies on each person's board that can't attack and deal 4 damage to your opponent's face when they die; the heroes are immune to all other forms of damage. You can kill your own dummy for damage to your opponent and they respawn after they die, so you can continue doing damage if you can kill multiple dummies a turn.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-07-19 at 01:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    The Fire Festival has ended; there goes your double gold.

However, the Frost Festival has begun, which means a free arena ticket for everyone! Plus you get a quest for a free pack if you play 3 arena games.

Looks like I'm dusting off my Wild Arena run ;_;

The Tavern Brawl is pre-constructed decks for either Mage or Paladin. There are 1/4 Ragnaros dummies on each person's board that can't attack and deal 4 damage to your opponent's face when they die; the heroes are immune to all other forms of damage. You can kill your own dummy for damage to your opponent and they respawn after they die, so you can continue doing damage if you can kill multiple dummies a turn.
    Also, the Paladin deck might be a lot better than the Mage deck, with the exception that Ice Block is totally broken and somehow keeps you from dying ever.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    It's a response to the reaction against quest rogue leaving. People were like "yay, the aggro is gone!" so they all pulled out their control decks. Which lose to Jade. Jade was also able to tech out the tar creepers due to loss of aggro in the meta, further improving its match against other control decks with an extra card or two.
    Makes sense. I am terrible at reading the metagame.

I have got a 7 win arena with my free ticket which is great considering I had almost no idea what I was doing most of the time. Also I shouldn't have picked that second Bomber Squad. A Warrior with no control cards simply doesn't have enough life and while Bomber Squads are a great answer for many minions the body of the minion is simply lacking, penalizing your Tempo gain with a tempo loss a turn later.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

I, personally, agree with Ahune's assertion that cold is better than hot.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I think it's Quest Rogue's revenge.

"Do ya miss me?"
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2017-07-19 at 07:06 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Also, the Paladin deck might be a lot better than the Mage deck, with the exception that Ice Block is totally broken and somehow keeps you from dying ever.
    Really? I only played one game, but I got the opposite impression. I mean, I wound up winning with the Paladin deck, but lack of removal felt like a big handicap, compared to Mage throwing around Frostbolts, Volcanic Potion, Meteor, and Flamestrike.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Welp that's what I get for dragging my feet on the daily quests. But I already have about 2k stored up so that's fine.

Um. Will you get the Arena quest if your daily log is filled up?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

21. - Top - End - #201

Man I'm glad I got my quest in this morning before going to work, got it before the double gold expired. Close to 3k gold now, so 500 ahead of where I'd hoped to be this time next month. Doing pretty good on the gold front.

And now free arena? I usually don't arena but hey, for free and bonus pack reward I will give it a shot.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Welp that's what I get for dragging my feet on the daily quests. But I already have about 2k stored up so that's fine.

Um. Will you get the Arena quest if your daily log is filled up?
    I think it overrides one of your current quests, something like that happened to me during the Gadgetzan launch.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Really? I only played one game, but I got the opposite impression. I mean, I wound up winning with the Paladin deck, but lack of removal felt like a big handicap, compared to Mage throwing around Frostbolts, Volcanic Potion, Meteor, and Flamestrike.
    Depends on draw, I think. If Paladin gets board early they can just go nuts with buff spells and bully the Mage before their spells really come into play. Mage has much better burst options, and if they get the board in the midgame it's just kind of over for the Pally.

I'm quite enjoying it, I've played 5 and won 5, 3 with Paladin and 2 with Mage. A couple of those wins were due to people not realizing how important it is to stop your opponent from killing your dummies repeatedly in one turn.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    A couple of those wins were due to people not realizing how important it is to stop your opponent from killing your dummies repeatedly in one turn.
    This is really the key part. The Paladin deck has a lot of aggressive minions that it can lay down, and if multiple minions with 4+ attack stick on the board, the game ends fairly quickly. If the Mage doesn't have the Ooze to counter it, the Truesilver Champion in the Paladin deck also counts as 8 damage to face while all of the Mage removal only counts as 4 each.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    This is really the key part. The Paladin deck has a lot of aggressive minions that it can lay down, and if multiple minions with 4+ attack stick on the board, the game ends fairly quickly. If the Mage doesn't have the Ooze to counter it, the Truesilver Champion in the Paladin deck also counts as 8 damage to face while all of the Mage removal only counts as 4 each.
    As a counter to that, Mage can deliver some ridiculous burst from hand. For instance, 5-mana Kazakus potion AoE for 8, followed by Flame Cannon + Dragon's Breath for a total of 16 damage.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Colossus in the Playground

I won mine, as Jaina, mainly because of Baron Geddon. It would have gone much differently if my opponent hadn't prioritized killing the dummies above anything else; he also might not have realized that my Geddon killing my dummy would actually be all upside for me.

27. - Top - End - #207

Wound up going 3-3 with my free arena run (4-3 after the free win). Drafted a Paladin deck, with none of the good paladin cards. Seriously, not a single Spikeridge Steed, Stonehill Defender, Equality, Consecration, Truesilver Champion, Dinosize, or any of the other cards that make Paladin good/fun was offered once. My one legendary card was Alextraza, who was borderline useless with my deck type (I played her in 3 of 6 games, and died the turn after every time I played her). So with all of that taken into account I felt like I did exceptionally well, especially since 0-3 arenas are not uncommon for me.

Anyway got some gold and a couple packs, hoping to do better next week.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I got 3-3 with a fairly lackluster Priest (a single SW:D and a Holy Nova were my total removal), would have done better if I hadn't gotten DCed in the middle of my third match. Went from total board control to a lost match in 3 missed turns, and the next two were losses as well.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2017-07-20 at 12:28 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

+1 to the Paladin deck being fairly bonkers if it gets a good hand. In my first win, I had T2 Nerubian Egg, T3 Scarlet Purifier, T4 Truesilver, T5 Egg + Purifier. Jaina conceded rather than try to prevent the turn-6 lethal.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Although the Paladin can get amazing hands, it's definitely up to them to get the win. The Mage will win by default , simply due to their ability to stay on top of the board and grind it out. Paladin has to get an advantage and snowball it to win, Mage just has to stop them from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE