New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Peril & Fame 2: Andoran Act 2

Droskar's Crag

"Get in there! Rip them apart!" The ghouls volunteered no such bravery themselves, instead choosing to retreat down the southern corridor while the two stitched together monstrosities advanced, practically crawling through the narrow passage. Each had four arms, apparently created from dozens of miscellaneous human muscles. The first lunged the final few meters, making a desperate grab for Kiyoko with one clawed hand. The thing bore a permanent look of childish delight on its misshapen face.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    If a 31 hits Kiyoko, she takes 16 damage

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias

Drifting towards the area where Ellarie hovered invisibly, Elias reached out to take her hand. Her location affirmed, he whispered familiar words and supernatural speed infused the entire party.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Elias moves and casts Haste

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

The tiefling, annoyed that the thing was going to sit several yards away to bat at her, instead moved up to it and began hacking away at the dead thing.

Show
    Move and attack. This provokes an AoO.

Power Attack: (1d20+18)[23]
    Damage: (1d10+22)[26]
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"I intend to," confirmed the druidess before they left the woods. "The route to the castle should be fairly easy to find, but perhaps we should also find a suitable inn at which to stay as well? I suspect it will take more than a few hours to complete our task."
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Philip

Before Kiyoko moved to engage the shambling horrors, Philip poked his head around the corner. Releasing the ground mica gripped in his hand, he sent a shower of crimson embers to explode between the two beasts.

~Did I get them!?~

Show
    Philip casts Glitterdust before Kiyoko moves up. DC 16 Will save or they are BLIIIIIND!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    "The route to the castle should be fairly easy to find, but perhaps we should also find a suitable inn at which to stay as well? I suspect it will take more than a few hours to complete our task."
    "Eh, that can probably wait until we're done for the day. After all that time resting up I'm a bit eager to get some work done."
    Everything dissolves into blue.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

Ellarie released Elias's hand and followed after her friend as she too allowed her rage to consume her. No thoughts in particular accompanied her song, but the feeling was familiar and comforting like a warm blanket on a rainy day or her favorite roast chicken. Or the fleeting warmth of Elias's hand in her own. It was like coming home. These thoughts were fleeting and passed through her mind in seconds as she rushed the huge undead giant that was cramming itself down the corridor at them.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Move and rage. (Heroism and Haste)
    Raging Skald
    Spirit Totem 20% enemy miss chance.
    Attack (Power Attack)
    (1d20+19)[24]
    Damage
    (1d8+18)[22]
    Lesser Elemental Rage (Fire)
    (1d6)[1]
    Elemental Rage (Acid)
    (1d6)[5]
    Lesser Spirit Totem
    Attack
    (1d20+11)[19]
    Damage
    (1d4+4)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

Unswayed by the shambling monster's durability or the fact that they continued to claw at her, Kiyoko kept hacking artlessly at the one before her. There was really nothing to do but attempt to dismember it as quickly as possible.

Show
    Power Attack: (1d20+18)[28]

Power Attack: (1d20+18)[29] (Haste Attack)
    Damage: (1d10+22)[29]

Power Attack: (1d20+19)[25] (Iterative, but a Destined Strike)
    Damage: (1d10+22)[28]

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias and Philip

A mental cheer went through the link as the first of the abominations fell, and the two wizards directed their attentions towards the remaining beast. Philip's hands rose in clawing motions, followed by a burst of flame from beneath the creature. Elias, unsure that the creature was deserving of his more potent spells, held back.

Show
    Philip casts Burning Arc on the remaining Necrocraft (?). DC 17 Reflex for half.

Fire Damage: (8d6)[30]

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

~Yeah!~ Was her only coherent thought as Kiki took the first giant out. She stepped forward to engage with the second after Philip fried it with magical fire.

Show
    *Greater Invisibility*
    Move and attack. (Heroism and Haste)
    Raging Skald
    Attack (Power Attack)
    (1d20+19)[23]
    Damage
    (1d8+18)[26]
    Elemental Rage (Acid)
    (1d6)[4]
    Lesser Spirit Totem
    Attack
    (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage
    (1d4+4)[8]
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    #Notallinfluencers

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Vigil

Locating the castle was easy enough, considering it occupied roughly 1/8th of the available real estate in the city and was located in the dead center on a rocky hill. At the gate to the outermost curtain wall, they found a group of six Knights of Ozem, easily identifiable by their brilliant gold armor, white tunics and cloaks baring Iomedae's symbol of a longsword in a sunburst. There are more on the battlements, and they'd taken up longbows and begun to gather nearer bailey. It was about this time Cassandra and Margot realized the road was unusually deserted for this time of day. Shouldn't there be merchants and farmers pouring in and out?

"Welcome to Vigil, travelers," there was little geniality in the voice of the first knight, a tall woman with a nasty scar across her chin and lip. "You will state your names, the purpose of your visit and submit to magical scrutiny before being allowed to enter the city."

Tania had long ago vanished from sight.

Droskar's Crag

No longer amused by this game, the hulking abomination began to bellow its frustration as it continued to paw at Kiyoko. It remained unable to make contact with is clumsy swipes, restrained by the narrow passage.

Elsewhere in the dungeon more voices could be heard. What they said couldn't be made out, but there was no doubt they were sounding the alarm.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

~Sounds like more company is on the way.~

She slashed at the zombie giant fiercely, wanting to kill as fast as possible so they could give the next horror their full attention.

Show
    *Greater Invisibility*
    Full Attack. (Heroism and Haste)
    Raging Skald
    Attack 1 (Power Attack)
    (1d20+19)[35]
    Damage
    (1d8+18)[19]
    Elemental Rage (Acid)
    (1d6)[6]
    Haste Attack (Power Attack)
    (1d20+19)[38]
    Damage
    (1d8+18)[26]
    Elemental Rage (Acid)
    (1d6)[1]
    Iterative Attack (Power Attack)
    (1d20+14)[28]
    Damage
    (1d8+18)[19]
    Elemental Rage (Acid)
    (1d6)[6]
    Lesser Spirit Totem
    Attack
    (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage
    (1d4+4)[8]
    #Notallinfluencers

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Andoran

The walk to Flinn's home took nearly twenty minutes as it lay on the far northeast side of Almas. What passed for a "townhouse" in this city was more like a country manor, minus the sprawling countryside. A posh, two story house stood on a gentle rise at the center of a square four acre plot with manicured hedges on all sides. The first level is white washed brick and stucco, and the second timber frame. The late 4th millennia Taldan style (still common in Ustalav and Galt) made it stand out in this neighborhood where everything else looked rather modern.

Few people were out besides the gardener in the adjacent property, tending to the rosebushes, and an older couple sitting on the porch of the red brick house on the opposite side.

Flinn's house has two doors facing the curved dirt path off of the main road. Alessandra guessed that the middle one lead to the foyer and the one on the left the dining room. Around the side of the house, there was a smaller timber building, likely used as a guest house or quarters for servants.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Margot & Gurren Bonbon

Bonbon stared forward emotionlessly despite the jagged smile carved into his chest. Between the motionless smiling face carved into it's chest, it's oversized arms, and it's undersized legs, Bonbon nearly came across as comical. Crocker sat centered on it's broad shoulders with it's own ridiculous metal face smiling down at the guards.

Margot held both her hands up and jumped down from her seat on Crocker, who was affixed atop of Bonbon's massive shoulders. She floated gracefully to land in front of the guards. "I am Margot Boulanger. My associates and I are here to discuss a grave threat to the region. I dare not speak so openly of it." She glanced around at the bows aimed her way. "I'd like to avoid unnecessary hysteria. Please feel free to use whatever magic you need. Our mission is urgent."
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Andoran

The walk to Flinn's home took nearly twenty minutes as it lay on the far northeast side of Almas. What passed for a "townhouse" in this city was more like a country manor, minus the sprawling countryside. A posh, two story house stood on a gentle rise at the center of a square four acre plot with manicured hedges on all sides. The first level is white washed brick and stucco, and the second timber frame. The late 4th millennia Taldan style (still common in Ustalav and Galt) made it stand out in this neighborhood where everything else looked rather modern.

Few people were out besides the gardener in the adjacent property, tending to the rosebushes, and an older couple sitting on the porch of the red brick house on the opposite side.

Flinn's house has two doors facing the curved dirt path off of the main road. Alessandra guessed that the middle one lead to the foyer and the one on the left the dining room. Around the side of the house, there was a smaller timber building, likely used as a guest house or quarters for servants.

Almas

Looking around, Alessandra looks around once and examines the foyer door for any signs of a trap, including a cursory scan with Detect Magic. Unless something suspicious is found, she simply tries the doorknob. If that doesn't work, she approaches the smaller building instead, with a similar approach to any door in her way.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2017-10-07 at 09:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

The tiefling hurtled around the corner and came to a literally screeching halt; metal boots struck sparks from the stone, and when that proved insufficient she dug her blade into the floor behind her as well to check her momentum. Over the psychic link to the others came the image of what lay before her - shapes, though alien and monochromatic as they were when viewed with darkvision, that clearly showed dozens of undead, among them another corpse compilation giant and a dragon.

Flashing a toothy grin none of her opponents could appreciate, she whirled her blade around and settled into a defensive posture, ready for a real fight this time.

Show
    Single move and Total Defense
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2017-10-08 at 12:59 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

"Cassandra Vallas," the druidess introduced herself. Honesty here, without giving too much away was probably the best thing to do, just in case they had some method of detecting untruths. "It is as Ms. Boulanger said, we are here to visit the college. I also have no qualms regarding your security measures," she added with a pleasant smile. No reason to ask about the deserted roads either, at least until they'd been granted entry. It was odd, however.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hammerhead

"Yandeath Hammerhead, here with Miss Vallas and Miss Boulanger to visit the college. I have no objections to the security measures."
    Everything dissolves into blue.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias and Philip

Speeding down the corridor after Kiyoko, Elias and Philip did their best to aid the bloodrager. Peeking out from behind a corner, Philip summoned his own field of writhing tendrils to ensnare the army of corpses. For his part, Elias simply held a spell in reserve, concerned that the mysterious Master might make an appearance.

Show
    Elias and Philip single move. Elias readies an action to Counterspell with a Dispel Magic. Philip casts Black Tentacles.

CMB: (1d20+13)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Droskar's Crag

While the smaller, mindless undead stomped around impotently in the morass of tentacles, the four armed hulk trudged forward and clawed out for Kiyoko. His ligaments stretched and popped at his arms lengthened to make the distance and he swiped wildly from side to side. He succeeded only in dashing one of Kiyoko's illusory doubles.

Almost before the abomination could complete his assault, the dragon's corpse came galloping across the room and bowled the first attacker aside. His teeth clamped shut a foot short as he too struggled to wedge through the gap.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

Seeing that the hallway was now full of rotting enemies, as she'd hoped, Kiyoko made her own move, whipping her heavy blade around to begin dismantling the undead before her.

Show
    Okay, here we go. Burning 2 points of Combat Stamina per attack and using Power Attack and Combat Expertise.

Power Attack: (1d20+19)[38]
    Damage: (1d10+22)[32]

Power Attack: (1d20+19)[22] (Haste Attack)
    Damage: (1d10+22)[27]

Power Attack: (1d20+20)[33] (Destined Strike)

Come on, let's see some decent rolls this time...

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Ellarie

~Hey wait for me!~ Ellarie thought to the others and zipped around the corner to catch up. As she saw the dragon, no coherent thoughts formed other than a sense of extreme surprise and alarm.

~!!!!~

Show
    *Greater Invisibility*
    Hasted Fly and attack. (Heroism and Haste)
    Raging Skald
    Attack (Power Attack)
    (1d20+19)[28]
    Damage
    (1d8+18)[23]
    Elemental Rage (Acid)
    (1d6)[4]
    Lesser Spirit Totem
    Attack
    (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage
    (1d4+4)[6]
    #Notallinfluencers

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias and Philip

Continuing his vigil against any unforeseen threats, Elias kept watch down the corridor while Philip sent four darts of force to impact the draconic zombie.

Show
    Elias continues to be ready to Counterspell. Philip casts Magic Missile.

(4d4+4)[14]

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Vigil

The three heads nodded their satisfaction after scanning the party with magic. Clearly, two paladins had detected their alignment and one fellow in light mail had likely scanned them for everything else. After consulting with the mage, the captain began gesturing.

"You will remove your amulet," she pointed at Cassandra. "And you will leave your transportation here at the gatehouse. We will keep them until your departure. Your weapons are of no concern. Should you obtain a White Card from the office of the Watcher-Lord, you may come and collect your amulet and your ... pot golem ... and move about the city freely. Until then, you shall have an escort."

Her finger went to work again and four guards went to join the party -- three knights and one of the clerics or paladins they'd seen use divine magic a moment prior.

Almas

Alessandra could see nothing concerning through the windows with the small gap in the drapes -- just a foyer with an oak floor and two overstuffed green chairs. The door did not appear to be trapped in any way. However, there was a faint, arrhythmic bumping or knocking sound on the second floor. Someone slapping a table out of tempo or a shutter flapping in the breeze. All the shutters on the front of the house looked to be secure.

Droskar's Crag

The forces of the mysterious necromancer continued to flail impotently at the choke point. The little ones were meanwhile being ripped apart by the black tentacles. Once again, inarticulate cries of alarm could be heard elsewhere in the dungeon.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2017-10-09 at 12:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
    Almas

Alessandra could see nothing concerning through the windows with the small gap in the drapes -- just a foyer with an oak floor and two overstuffed green chairs. The door did not appear to be trapped in any way. However, there was a faint, arrhythmic bumping or knocking sound on the second floor. Someone slapping a table out of tempo or a shutter flapping in the breeze. All the shutters on the front of the house looked to be secure.

Almas

A flapping shutter? Perhaps someone left a window open around back? How strange. Alessandra turns away from the front door, practicing her usual technique to slip around back, examining the shutters as she goes. An opening away from prying eyes would be an ideal entryway, after all.

Heading around back, however, it soon became quite clear that all the shutters were secure. The noise must be coming from somewhere else. Alessandra looked around to be sure she was away from prying eyes, then approached the servant's entrance to examine the lock. A simple thing, designed more to keep out riffraff than a burglar. She began to reach into her haversack for a moment before thinking better of it, casting an eye to the smaller timber house behind her. Wouldn't do for a servant to step out and find her with picks in the door.

She put an ear up to the door of what must be the servants' quarters, listening intently for several seconds. Silence. Satisfied that the building was empty of life, she returned to the side door and cracked the lock. Effortlessly, the latch opened, and she pushed through confidently!

...Only to spot a pair of mummified corpses in butler and maid attire, which silently turned their heads toward her. Juju Zombies, Alessandra realized. More sophisticated than the traditional kind, and far more dangerous...in theory. Certainly more intelligent. They didn't make a move toward her, which suggested that whatever their orders were, she hadn't run afoul of them yet.

Who animates the dead to leave around in their home, not attacking intruders?

Alessandra paused for several seconds, merely staring back, before shrugging.

"...Excuse me, I'm looking for your master. Do you know where I might find him?"

Spoiler
    Show

Swift Action, then move to declare both Juju Zombies as Studied Targets. She's scoping them out! Then she tries to pull Diplomacy. Can't hurt to ask! Unless asking is the condition that makes them attack.

Diplomacy? [roll]1d20+20[/roll]

Rolled 21 in the OOC thread. Minimum possible roll, but screw it, my mod is great.

Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2017-10-09 at 02:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Kiyoko

There's no end to this thing. Die already!

Show
    More attacks, but less combat stamina. Still using Combat Expertise, though.

Power Attack: (1d20+15)[31]
    Damage: (1d10+22)[23]

Power Attack: (1d20+15)[28]
    Damage: (1d10+22)[23]

Power Attack: (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage: (1d10+22)[27]

The first blow separated the dragon's head from its neck - again - and the enormous corpse fell silent once more... revealing the other huge abomination behind it. Kiyoko sighed, shoved her way through knee-deep rotting dragon parts, then dove into the mass of writhing tentacles, sliding between the necrocraft's legs and whirling to flank it on the other side. (Minkaian) "Again with the tentacles. Really."
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2017-10-09 at 12:50 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra

The druidess nodded and removed her amethyst amulet before wrapping it up and handing it to the captain. "Please be careful with this. It is very precious to me." As their escort made ready, she asked lastly, "Where can we find the Office of the Watcher-Lord?"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Almas

"...Excuse me, I'm looking for your master. Do you know where I might find him?"

Seeing the total lack of reaction from the two undead horrors, Alessandra cast a glance at the blanket hung on the wall and shrugged. Then she picked it up and cast it over the Butler's head.

As it turned out, the undead did not like this very much.

Spoiler
    Show

Surprise round Dirty Trick with an Improvised Net! (1d20+9)[26]

Initiative: (1d20+5)[13]

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Almas]

It worked. Blanket over the butler's head, Alessandra darted to the side of the table with the maid while drawing her daggers and got a cheap shot in before she had time to prepare.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

Mithral Dagger Power Attack: (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage roll: (1d4+9)[12]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[11]

Crit Confirm?: (1d20+12)[21]
    Crit Damage?: (1d4+9)[10]

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Elias and Philip

While his tentacles continued to tear apart the chaff of the necromantic horde, Philip slumped against the wall to catch his breath, a fluttering of excitement and glee transmitted strongly across their bond. For his part, Elias remained on edge - there was a great deal of power on display here, and no doubt the eponymous Master would take poorly to his army being systematically dismantled. His attention turning to one of heaven's luminous firing squad, he called out in Celestial.

<"Scout the corridor, luminous one. Call out when you have encountered further resistance and we will come to your aid.">

The ball of light twinkled its consent, speeding down the tunnel while its fellows unleashed heaven on the remaining abomination.

Show
    Philip grew tentacles. Perfectly normal for a boy his age.

Necrocraft:
    CMB: (1d20+13)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6]

Kiyoko:
    CMB: (1d20+13)[32]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]

Bloody 1:
    CMB: (1d20+13)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]

Bloody 2:
    CMB: (1d20+13)[17]

Bloody 3:
    CMB: (1d20+13)[22]

Bloody 4:
    CMB: (1d20+13)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]

Elias has balls of light. They shoot LASERS at the necrocraft.

Laser 1: (1d20+1)[20]
    Damage: (1d6)[1]

Laser 2: (1d20+1)[3]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]

Laser 3: (1d20+1)[14]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]

Laser 4: (1d20+1)[11]

Laser 5: (1d20+1)[4]

Laser 6 (1d20+1)[10]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]

Laser 7: (1d20+1)[7]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

Laser 8: (1d20+1)[21]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]

Laser 9: (1d20+1)[9]

Laser 10: (1d20+1)[5]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.