New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [5E] On the Wings of Fate: A Tyranny of Dragons Epic

As the last Goblin flees, Bartholl goes on a warpath through the trees after the frightened creature only to lose track of it in the dense trees. He makes his way back and moves the horses out of the path before inspecting them.

Spoiler: Bartholl
    Show
    The meat seems okay to you. You aren't entirely used to meat being in temperatures like this. In the mountains of your former tribe, if you killed something, the snow and low temperatures would keep something relatively fresh for at least a day or 2.

The Goliath then gets to work cutting off haunches and carrying them over to the cart. That's when Kaldrinn stops him and informs him that these horses have been out in higher temperatures for more than 24 hours and would have spoiled by now. The only thing keeping the Dwarf from (farther? Further?) panic was his keen senses. Investigating the area reveals that the goblins have been using this area to stage ambushes for some time. Tracks and the trail of what seems to be the drag marks of two humanoids bodies lead to the Southwest; towards where the goblin fled. About a dozen or so goblins have come and gone along this path within the last 2 days. While it is too densely populated with trees to bring the wagon along, someone with enough skill could properly conceal the wagon in the nearby brush.

As Ling recovers what arrows he can, he notices the goblins he pulls his arrows from are not well equipped. Not well tanned leather armor that is falling to pieces and flimsy shields protect them, while dull scimitars and makeshift shortbows provide their means of attack. Curious, that they are usually not this well organized around these parts. Ambushing a supply cart is one thing; but ambushing and taking prisoners that have no value, Goblins do not usually think that far ahead...particularly if it does not profit them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

So Kaldrinn has uncovered the presence of a path leading deeper to the southwest off the beaten path, one heavily traveled by Goblins. It appears Gundren and Sildar have been taken in that direction. Those who have been injured are now healed by the magical talents of the Twins, but if you wish to Short Rest you may. Where do you go from here?
    Airannis Ragnok Kamui Draykhen
    IC IC IC None Yet

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaldrinn Redstone
    Level One Dwarven Druid

After heading down the first several feet of the trail and investigating the footprints and markings there, Kaldrinn pushes back through the thicket and emerges at the top of the embankment. "Lots of foot traffic through here recently. Looks like they've been using this spot to ambush for at least some time now--if I had to hazard a guess they're likely camped out somewhere nearby." He looks at the scattered belongings and the mutilated horses and wonders if they shouldn't clean it all up a bit before trying to hide their wagon; if someone else happened upon the scene they might start poking around.

"It looks like they have taken prisoners and dragged them off. We've got to act with haste!" He jogs down the small hill and picks up a few of the scattered belongings--particularly the map case--and puts them in the cart. "Lets find a safe place to hide the cart off the main road and get to following the trail." Excitement and fear are obvious as the dwarf begins to assist however he can in getting things ready to follow the trail into the forest.
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Umbriel "Goldharp"
    Level One Aasimar Bard

"Gundren's been taken?!" Umber utters one of the more vile swears he'd learned in bard school as he straightens up from examining the horses, his woes from the previous battle forgotten.
    "We have to go rescue him! Take anything of value from the cart you can carry and hide the cart. And don't forget to tie up the animals!" Umber begins to do just that.
    "A necromancer is just a really late healer."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bartholl "Noskill" Haulowantaeona
    Spoiler: Status Box
    Show
    LN Goliath, Barbarian 1

Size: M | Speed: 30 ft. | Senses: Passive Perception -1

Initiative: +2 | Armor Class: 15 | Hit Dice: 1d12+3 | Hit Points: 15/15

Affected by: None | Conditions: None

"This is what happens when city folks leave their walls..." Bartholl mutters as he cleans the gore from his hatchet before pulling the meat off the wagon again and tossing it over the embankment for the scavengers. He collects his pack from the wagon, making sure his papers are secured inside, didn't want them jostled and torn during a fight, and helps lead the horses off the trail as they make preparations for the rescue. "I cleared a nice path down that way earlier, you know so the brambles don't snag yer clothes and all," he states earnestly to the twins, though it could very well be taken as sarcastic given his earlier comments.

Show
    I'm good to proceed without resting unless y'all want to.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaldrinn Redstone
    Level One Dwarven Druid

"I think that should do well enough." Kaldrinn says, dusting off his hands and admiring where they'd found a spot to stash the cart off the main roadway. He spends several minutes hiding their tracks as best he can and, once the group is ready to proceed, begins to travel down the narrow goblin trail. "Keep an eye out for them hiding in bushes and such. With the one that got away they likely know we're coming."
    I stream RPG sessions, campaign preparation, and world-building via my Twitch Channel and upload them to my Youtube Channel.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ling Jun
    Level 1 Fighter | AC: 14 | HP: 12/12

"What misfortune to befall us before we even reach out destination! And poor Gundren too! They seemed earnest in their attempts at ending our lives, do we not warrant capture to?" Ling Jun complains to the heavens seemingly offended that they weren't worthy of being held ransom in the eye's of goblins.

He goes about helping the others move and conceal the wagon in relative silence before turning to Kladrinn. "It occurs to me that you, being a close relative of Gundren, should be the one to negotiate for his release. These things... They are not cheap," he fumbles with the pouch at his waist before holding it up to the dwarf. "Should their ransom demands be beyond your means, i have a few coins that may tip the scales in our favour," he offers earnestly, but also knowing full well that if Gundren wasn't returned to them any chance he had of earning any coin in Phandalin was quite slim.
    LotCS Shun Ling Jun Camilla
    OOC | Doc IC | OOC IC | OOC IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    LN Goliath, Barbarian 1

Bartholl shrugs. "With Gundren, goblins attack first and capture later. No chance for capture with us, half of them dead before they could act."

He grunts amusedly at Ling's offer. "You city folk think coin solves everything. We seek Kaldrinn's blood. In my lands an attack on family means war. We will pay their ransom with steel."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

After assessing the scene laid out before you, it has become clear that your patron and his guard have been taken away down a trail concealed behind some thickets some time ago. With as much careful haste as you can manage, you steer the wagon to the edge of the trees, remove the horses from the wagon and tie them off, and attempt to conceal your goods as best you can before setting off down the trail.

Kaldrinn seemingly takes point, with Bartholl close behind followed by Ling Jun and, lastly of course, the twins Ambriel and Umbriel watch the back after lending aid to one another to heal their collective wounds. Kaldrinn easily finds the most recent goblinoid footprints; those presumably belonging to Graak, and follows them down the path. Nearly 10 minutes down the trail you all hear a commotion from further ahead.
    "Let Graak down! Stupid snare was meant for others, not Graak!!"
    The next words are a string of curses in the Goblin tongue. As you get nearer and approach, you can easily see that the goblin that had fled from you previously has stepped into a snare trap and now hangs, suspended upside down, by one foot and is flailing wildly to get itself free. When he notices you approach, Graak's eyes widen and he starts fighting harder.
    "Back! No smash Graak! Graak helpless now. Help Graak down, he can help get to hideout safely, yes! Can tell you about Klarg. Yeemik hate Klarg!" As the goblin continues to ramble in order to save his life, he realizes he is giving away the very same information he needs to trade for his safety and promptly shuts up. "You help Graak down, now? Errrr...no. You help Graak down, maybe? No....what is word... Please! Help Graak down, please!"

With the creature's weapons having been dumped below him when he triggered the snare, the goblin no longer poses any threat. To believe its pleases or not, however, is a different matter entirely...

Show
    There is no need for R20 at the moment during this section. This is just an un-mapped path to the next map where several things could and might happen. Marching order is important here. I have taken the liberty based on what I have gathered about character personalities and your previous posts what this Marching Order might be like; but feel free to make changes after you deal with.... Graak... however you see fit.

For reference, Graak has been a long running character of various creature types that quickly becomes pacified based on inspiration from the first ever printed MTG card of the same name: Pacifism . The picture, and more importantly the flavor text, has always cracked me up when it's all taken into context. I hope you have enjoyed this behind the scenes look at Graak the Goblin! :D
    Last edited by Airatome1; 2017-07-30 at 01:48 PM.
    IC IC IC None Yet

9. - Top - End - #39

Ling Jun

"Ohoho! You make a gift of yourself little Graak, all tied up and helpless,"
    Ling Jun remarks to the goblin with a chuckle at their good fortune as he circles around him keeping out of reach.

"A bargaining chip with which to trade for our missing employer. What say you little one? Does this Yeemik and Klarg value your life? Would they be grateful for the return of one of their wayward clanmates?" he asks the goblin drawing his slightly curved blade and holding the point out toward the rope keeping the goblin aloft.
    Last edited by Videkus; 2017-07-30 at 05:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Umbriel "Goldharp"
    Level One Aasimar Bard

Umber yawns, affecting an air of indifference. "I say we kill him, the information is probably bogus anyway." Umber smiles inwardly. He had no intention of actually killing the trapped goblin, but he wanted to see if he could trick it into giving them better information. He draws his dagger to add to the effect and turns to Amber. "What do you think, sister?" He asks, winking at her while his face is turned away from the goblin.

Deception rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Rolling deception to trick the goblin into thinking I mean it harm.
    (1d20+5)[20]
    Last edited by TheManicMonocle; 2017-07-30 at 06:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Ambriel Firehair
    First Level Sorcerer
    HP: 8/8 AC: 11 Concentrating on: --

Show
    Sorry, guys. I was a LOT busier and traveling a lot more than I thought I would be this weekend.

Ambriel watches the men do the heavy work of covering the wagon and hiding, occasionally pointing out a good place to hide it (after one has been picked) and waving hand vaguely towards things she think were done incorrectly. Despite the cart not being hidden correctly, the group starts traipsing through the woods and Ambriel is forced to follow.

"Umbriel," she whines says at one point. "My top....it's simply dreadful now. Can't you do something about it?" As she follows along, she occasionally comments on the surroundings. "Why did we have to leave the wagon? You guys could have cleared a path, really. What did I just step on? Come on...."

Ambriel frequently stops to prestidigitate some muck or dirt off of her. As she is distracted by some hanging vines, Ambriel bumps into the back of Bartholl, who has apparently come to a stop when he sees the goblin hanging from the tree. She looks at his back, startled, then reaches up and pokes him in the back. "My. You certainly do have the muscles, don't you?"

Umbriel asks Amber about killing the goblin. "What? I...no! He's helpless..." before catching the wink from her brother. Oh! Yes! Death. Kill him! Have him for dinner! Start setting up a fire!"
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show

Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    LN Goliath, Barbarian 1

Thump. Bartholl looks over his shoulder at the little lady without much expression at her obvious comment, though he agreed he did certainly have great muscles. They were his favorite feature and he flexed them in self-admiration as he strode toward the goblin who's feet dangled near his head. It occurred to Bartholl he'd never been suspended upside down like that... he'd have to try it some day. Taking a big sniff he adds, "No good for dinner, smells spoiled. Skull would make a nice cup though. And fingers bones used for reading fortunes. Goblins are shifty, can't trust 'em." He gives Graak a small shove so he spins and sways.

It's unclear if he's going along with the rouse or taking the twins' suggestions seriously... you'd guess the latter.

Left to his own devices the goblin would be dead already, but he respected the chain of command to an extent, and with Gundren gone, Kaldrinn was the next in succession for this little mission - though the goliath knew he could take down any of these smaller folk if need be. Besides, it wasn't his kin that needed saving. "Treekeeper?" He looked to the dwarf expectantly.

Show
    I rolled an insight to see if he understood the lie you were weaving... I got an appropriate 6 lol.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2017-07-31 at 03:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Videkus View Post

"...What say you little one? Does this Yeemik and Klarg value your life? Would they be grateful for the return of one of their wayward clanmates?"
    "Yeemik maybe. Klarg...no. Smelly Bugbear think he can take over hideout from us! Graak no like dumb Klarg."

Quote Originally Posted by TheManicMonocle View Post
    "I say we kill him, the information is probably bogus anyway." "What do you think, sister?"
    "Information is not! Information very accurate! Was Graaks job. Yeemik says to Graak: 'You have one job.' Job is not hanging upside down by foot! Get this one away, he looks to stab Graak, I can see it!" He points at the Aasimar, Umbriel, who makes an amazing show of not caring and wanting to end the Goblin here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    "What? I...no! He's helpless..." before catching the wink from her brother. Oh! Yes! Death. Kill him! Have him for dinner! Start setting up a fire!"
    "Yes! Girl is right! Graak very helpless. Please dont hurt Graak. Graak just wants to he- What?! No. No death! No fire! Graak poor dinner!"

Quote Originally Posted by miinstrel View Post
    "No good for dinner, smells spoiled. Skull would make a nice cup though. And fingers bones used for reading fortunes. Goblins are shifty, can't trust 'em." He gives Graak a small shove so he spins and sways.
    At this, the goblins eyes widen more and it yelps in honest fear for its life while it spins as Bartholl talks about using its skull.

Show

Graak is genuinely afraid. If he was trying to lie his way to survival before, he certainly isnt now. Or he believes whatever story he made up to be true; but a helpless untested goblin like Graak probably cant lie that good...right?
    IC IC IC None Yet

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Ambriel Firehair
    First Level Sorcerer

"Boys, let me give it a try," Ambriel says as she moves closer to Graak. She reaches up towards the goblin, but isn't able to quite reach him. "Graaky-poo...dear...wouldn't you like..." A shiver runs down her spine, and she turns and walks away. "Nope. Can't do it. It's...just, no. Someone else get the information."

Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Umbriel "Goldharp"
    Level One Aasimar Bard
    Just before finding the goblin
    "My top....it's simply dreadful now. Can't you do something about it?"
    "Fear no tear, in your wear," mumbles Umber, twirling his fingers theatrically while looking at the path ahead. It was all about the image afterall, and nothing was cooler than casting a spell without looking.

Umber snickered behind his hand while the goblin spun away from him, then quickly fixed a bored scowl on his face as the goblin turned back towards him. "Allright Goblin, here's the deal, you lead us to the hideout, tell us everything you know about the important... um, people? In your hideout, it's layout, and you get to go free." Umber reaches out to the goblin and casts the light cantrip on the goblin, making it glow. After a second, he allows the light to fade away. "But, if you tell one single lie to us, try to trick us in anyway, I'll know. Because I just cast a spell of detecting lies on you. And if you lie, I will have that big man over there do to you what he did to your companions." Umber gestures at Bartholl.

Cantrips
    Spoiler
    Show

So I cast Mending on Amber's clothes, and Light on the goblin (Can I even do that or does light have to be on an inanimate object?)
    Last edited by TheManicMonocle; 2017-08-01 at 12:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Ling Jun

Ling Jun leans against a tree absently admiring the shine of his blade but he cocks an eyebrow at Umbriel's offer. "This is not a thing you do here?" he gestures at the swinging goblin. "The exchange of hostages, be it for coin or hostages or your own? In my homeland this is the way of things when passing through a rivals land. Only those under the protection of the Emperor are immune to such things," he explains quite confused how the twin was speaking of freeing the goblin before they had secured Gundren from his captivity.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Ambriel Firehair
    First Level Sorcerer

"Ling, dear, one thing you have to understand about goblins. They're gross. Okay. Two things you have to understand about goblins. They're gross, and they have no respect for life. See how quickly Graak turned on his friends? They're all like that. When it comes down to it, they're only out for themselves. The other goblins wouldn't trade a blade of grass for this one."

Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Ling Jun

"It may be as you say Lady Firehair, but you shall find humanity is not so different. They only seek to hide their devilish thoughts behind a veneer of goodwill and deeds to fool their neighbors. These goblins are more honest in that regard. I worry what that says about us that these creature hide behind less layers of deception than our own kind. Come time to eat or be eaten all creatures of nature are much the same, the self is always at the forefront of our decisions. Is this not so Kaldrinn?" he begins to ramble a little despondently before asking the dwarven druid to confirm his findings.

"Very well then, if we can not rely on your lord to trade in good faith then you should begin speaking little one. And truthfully at that, I fear you bargain now with your life," he tells Graak as he sheathes his sword and walks a short distance further down the game trail to keep watch while the others got their answers from the goblin.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaldrinn Redstone
    Level One Dwarven Druid

"Oh? Speaking from experience?" Kaldrinn asks in response to the comments Ambriel makes about goblinkind. "You must have spent a lot of time around goblins where you're from eh?" The question was meant to sound innocent and curious but was genuinely more of a snip at the fact that the woman who had been complaining about everything from dirt to leaves was now suddenly an expert of the social constructs of goblin society.

"Whats this about a bugbear then? He's trying to take over your hideout?"
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2017-08-02 at 09:55 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Ambriel Firehair
    First Level Sorcerer

"Of course not," Ambriel responds to Kaldrinn's question. "It's just one of those things everyone knows. Like the sky is blue, or the beauty of man is a blessing of the gods...one of those things, you know?" She wonders why these new companions of her are so ready to defend a silly goblin who had just minutes ago been trying to kill them.

Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaldrinn Redstone
    Level One Dwarven Druid

"Oh! Everyone there knows everything about goblins even though there aren't any around; that would make more sense I suppose." Kaldrinn can't help but take another jab at the prissy weirdling his relative had so wrongly hired for this little expedition. He couldn't imagine what damned fool reason Gundren could have for dead weight that who's only use so far had been being a distraction during the ambush so the goblins didn't shoot anyone important.... well that and being a pin cushion. "But enough about you... Graak here was just about to tell us what his tribe did with our dwarven friend... because otherwise he's as good as dead."

Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2017-08-02 at 10:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Ambriel Firehair
    First Level Sorcerer

Ambriel opens her mouth to respond to the dwarf, can't think of anything really to say in response, and closes it again. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the wagon this morning, she thinks with a scowl.

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin, now even more confused than he was to begin with as members of the adventuring team begin to bicker among themselves, looks back and forth between the twins, Ling Jun, and Kaldrinn. Graak interjects here and there but they pay his words little mind until finally the dwarf asks about the state of things between Klarg and Yeemik.

"Graak uh...Graak not sure where dwarf friend is. Graak knows human is held in the eating cave with Yeemik. Yeemik gets information from human. Graak doesn't know hideout well, maybe...20...maybe 30? Yes! 30 of us in hideout! Should turn back now, too many Graak thinks." The goblin nods in agreement to his own words and looks between each of you, some of you not impressed.

Spoiler: Kaldrinn and Ling Jun
    Show

The goblin is obviously lying about how many are in the hidehout. Kaldrinn (18 Insight roll) knows immediately this goblin is exaggerating to try and make the party give up. Ling Jun (The ONLY one with proficiency in Insight) can tell the goblin is lying, but more importantly, with his tactical senses of combat and the flow of battle, knows that, at the most, there are 20-25 goblins inside the hideout of the Cragmaw Tribe. If approached about the lie, Graak will admit Ling's numbers are more accurate...probably.

Spoiler: Everyone else
    Show

You all believe that Cragmaw Hideout is well fortified with goblins just like Graak said. It would prove a tough fight, particularly without having a rest before approaching, to battle through 30 or so goblins and take on Yeemik and Klarg without any casualties.

"Graak only follows water when Graak needs to report to Klarg. Don't like reporting to Klarg. Klarg said would feed Graak to wolf if disappointment. Graak has to feed stinky wolves too. Near entrance to cave. Klarg is new leader. Sent by King Grol, chief of all Cragmaw Tribe, from Cragmaw Castle. Klarg told Yeemik he was taking over and had orders from Grol. Grol was told by a spider to watch for a dwarf and human companion. To capture dwarf and anything he had and send it all to Grol. Yeemik hates Klarg and wants to take over. Isn't worried about dwarf like Klarg. That's all Graak knows. We go now? Let Graak down and can take you. Even help get across pit goblins dug hours ago."
    Last edited by Airatome1; 2017-08-02 at 08:48 PM.
    IC IC IC None Yet

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaldrinn Redstone
    Level One Dwarven Druid

Kaldrinn was actually quite surprised at how much information the goblin was willing to give once it started talking. He tried to keep the name and details sorted as the little green creature spewed forth details in it quick, excited, broken common. He'd honestly assumed they'd need to get the goliath to resort to physical coercion to get anything of worth while out. "Well this Klarg certainly sounds like a nasty sort...but even so, he's still just taking orders from someone else so naught more than some lackey. He considers what the best way to use all of these points might be but it all still seemed a little muddy to him.

"Should we bother with bringing this one with us or would it be more trouble than it's worth? He asks, mostly toward Ling Jun but he also turns toward the large goliath. "Horsechopper?"

25. - Top - End - #55

Ling Jun

Looking back when he hears a question directed his way the Shou shrugs. "If only to halt the arrows so many goblins would send our way," he smirks at Graak. "I believe he exaggerates to have us leave Sildar and Gundren to their fates. I think he fears what would happen should it be discovered that he has led us to them."

Offering a small bow of his head to Ambriel he concedes to her wisdom. "Your expertise surpasses my own with these ones."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Ambriel Firehair
    First Level Sorcerer

"Whether we leave him here or take him with us, it seems his yells could alert the guards."

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaldrinn Redstone
    Level One Dwarven Druid

Kaldrinn sighs and shakes his head. It's clear he's torn between the choices they now find laid in front of them. "I'm not one for striking down an unarmed prisoner--even considering his attempts on our lives--but I fear what might come if we either let him go or decide to keep him with us. He becomes just one more liability, and may warn his tribe or suddenly turncoat in the middle of a fight." The dwarf was trying to think things through logically and not fall to the simple hatred his people had for the little green-skinned cretins or to think about what havoc they tended to wreck upon the places they made their dens.

"Bind him, gag him, and drag him along? Free him and hope he doesn't make us regret it? Or simply end the miserable creature?"
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 2017-08-04 at 11:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Ambriel Firehair
    First Level Sorcerer

"Bind and gag. Always vote for bind and gag." She looks at the little creature for a bit, some pity strangely finding its way to her. "Nobody deserves execution simply for being who they are."

Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Umbriel "Goldharp"
    Level One Aasimar Bard

Umber puts on his best menacing glare and looks at the goblin. "I think we should slow roast him over a fire with some carrots, onions, and... and... Umber's menacing facade begins to crack. He snorts as he tries to keep his face under control. "a rabbit...and... AHAHAHAAA LOOK AT HIS FACE!" Umber laughs "Ok ok no, what if we let him join us? I could teach him the flute. You know how much people would pay to see a flute playimg goblin?"
    Last edited by TheManicMonocle; 2017-08-04 at 08:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

After what suffices as an interrogation of Graak; most of his story seems straight and what details the goblin repeats seem consistent enough to be believed. The only true way to tell, however, is to venture into Cragmaw Hideout for yourselves. Unfortunately, for Graak at least, it has been unanimously decided that the goblin will be tagging long, willingly or otherwise.

After a bit more questioning and teasing of the helpless goblin, Ling Jun cuts him down and, without so much as a care to lower the goblin down gently, Graak plummets to the dirt hard.

Show

Graak takes (1d6)[5] bludgeoning damage
    Graak has 3 / 8 HP remaining

Once he has been hoisted into the air by Bartholl, Kaldrinn securely ties the poor goblin into a sort of harness with a lead that can be carried by someone to guide, push, pull, or otherwise control where Graak goes. After deciding who will hold Graak's 'leash', and what positions the party will take as they continue onward, your journey progresses.

After roughly 10 minutes or so, Graak stops and looks back to whomever is in the lead. "Pit ahead. Goblins covered it well. Must go around, too wide for Graak to jump across." Kaldrinn spots the trap before the goblin can even finish his words, and only by pointing it out does the rest of the party notice the well camouflaged pit awaiting someone to step over it.
    The pit is about 6 feet wide on each side and 10 feet deep. Fortunately for anyone falling in, the goblins who dug this pit were lazy and the walls are not steep, making it an easy climb out for anyone inside.

After the group navigates their way around the trap and have gathered themselves to press forward, you continue to follow the goblins' trail until you come across a large cave in a hillside roughly 5 miles from the ambush site. A shallow stream flows steadily out of the cave mouth, which is screened by dense briar thickets. A narrow path leads into the cave on the right-hand side of the stream.

Show

https://app.roll20.net/join/2425921/CxFsYA
    Here is your link to the R20 session again (for those who don't have a favorite/quick link or not sure how to quickly log in using the R20 system)

So what's going on is you are entering from the left side of the cavern. There are dense thickets just to the north along the cave wall, and an entire overgrowth of them to the east, across the stream flowing out of the cave mouth. These thickets are Difficult Terrain, (Your Speed, or how far you can move, is effectively halved), but not dangerous. They offer 3/4 cover, which grants a +5 bonus to AC and Dexterity Saving Throws. The stream hugs the left side of the cave entrance and trying to enter on that side without first crossing the stream will make noise as you splash your way along the stream. On the right side of the stream is a dry pathway leading into the cave along the right of the entrance; your best bet for attracting the least amount of attention.

You are currently NOT in initiative order, but you ARE in a potential hostile environment. So you may post freely, but no one is to move their R20 token freely as you may uncover things that I will need to interrupt whatever you had originally planned on doing in a particular moment. In combat (when initiative is up) your movement is limited by your Speed. Each Square on the R20 Grid is 5ft. So for you humanoids with 30 speed, you can move up to 6 squares in any direction (including diagonally). You can break your movement up between attacks, even between other actions if you wish. Out of Combat you are not limited to your Speed and may post feasible movement amounts. I will try my best to move all tokens for everyone as needed based on where, or how many squares and in what direction, you describe in your post.

Because R20, and my subscription is awesome, Dynamic Lighting is on this map. Which means those with darkvision will see inside of the cave as Dimly Lit. This Lightly Obscures things; granting creatures Disadvantage on Perception checks that rely on sight, and also making it easier to attempt to hide (Stealth Check) from creatures that can not see you clearly enough. Those without Darkvision will be effectively blinded once you step deeper into the cave and ambient light from outside can no longer reach inside the cave. You'll need to find or create a source of light if you wish to be effective in combat and actually see what you are swinging or casting at, otherwise you CAN swing on a creature you can not see but might otherwise be able to perceive, but you have Disadvantage on all attacks against non visible creatures.

If there are any more questions about lighting and vision, game mechanics involving vision, or any other questions; feel free to ask them in the OOC.

You may proceed to post about anything between your last posts and now, have dialogue, complaints, reactions, etc.... once everyone has made one post about arriving at the outside of the cave; you may all then post in no particular order about what you are going to DO now that you are here.
    Last edited by Airatome1; 2017-08-04 at 09:47 PM.
    IC IC IC None Yet